Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sea Jewel (JohnizBeast and NightSorceress)

Crystal nodded and replied "I agree, he has enough going on right now.... if he finds out I am not even his real mother he may crack. Right now this human kingdom is depending on him to hold them together. If he falls apart the kingdom might as well. I am so sorry Kai.... I have brought so much pain to our people and him.... I am such a horrible person.. just to save myself from pain" With that Crystal began to cry as she finally completely broke down.

She looked at the woman now. Part of her did want to hate her, to tell her she should have been stronger, but then part of her couldn’t she knew it must have been easy to go through that. She sat down next to her. “I know its tough but we can’t fall to pieces right now. We have a lot to figure out in the days a head.” She sighed alittle. “You rest fo the rest of the day, Ok? Take some time to process all this because tomorrow we are going to need your help”

Crystal nodded and replied trying to whip the tears from eyes "Your right I need to stay strong I have been weak all these years......" She tried her best to stop crying and to stop the tears from coming out but she couldn't. Crystal smiled tears still in her eyes and said "I will be fine I am sure Tidas needs you right now please go to him. He loves you more than anything, please go to him Kai. I am sure just having you in the same room as him will make a difference."

“You haven’t been weak, you been a prisoner and you did what you needed to do to survive, you also had to protect your son all these years. So you are a strong mother. But now your life is changed for the better. Take some time to process that OK?” Kai smiled “go swim in the ocean if you like it makes me feel better” Kai knew what she was going through wasnt easy but it also wasn’t easy for anyone involved. She rose from her seat headed to the door. “We are across the hall if you need anything” she then left her alone to relax.

Kai entered Tidas’s bedroom she saw him sitting on his desk writing letters. She quietly came up behind him, her hands slide over his shoulders wrapping around him. Just holding him, “How are you my king”

Crystal nodded to Kai's words whipping more tears away from her face. "Okay I will take some time.... Kai, your going to be a great Queen. I know you will be able to do more for our people then I ever could. I am sorry I am leaving you such a terrible legacy" She replied to her. When Kai reminded her that they would be right across the hall she smiled and said "I will remember that Kai, I will see you in the morning. Keep Tidas company"

Tidas had been writing letters, stamping them and preparing to send them out. Though in the middle of one of his letters tears began to fall out of his eyes. and onto the letter he was writting. He had killed his brother, and now his father. What kind of man was he... he remembered the look Kai had given him afterwards. It only made more tears come out of his eyes, maybe he really was a monster.

Soon he felt Kai's arms come over him and quickly wiped his tears away before responding "I am doing the best I can.... This day,,, has been very hard. The morning was so wonderful, I wanted to remember this day for our first time out in the ocean together.... now I will remember it as the day I killed my own father"

As he spoke Kai held him tighter to her. She sighed slightly. “I know what you mean, but yet with everything you and your mother has said about this man, you didn’t just save my life, but my peoples life today. You have set so man free” she kissed the top of his head now before laying her cheek against it. “You now have a chance to be a great king, and unite two groups of people. And I am going to help you anyway I can with that my love.”

At her words Tidas nodded he then turned around in his chair and wrapped his arms around Kai. He then put his head into her chest and began to cry. "I know I saved so many people, I know I have to make things work between the merfolk and the humans. I know I can be a great king... but I still hurt so much. I feel like something is wrong with me, I know I saved people but I killed my brother and father... and the way you looked at me. I feel like a monster sometimes... you have to wonder if I am a monster sometimes to" He replied to Kai as he cried into her chest.

She held him to his chest, letting him cry, much like she did with his mother. She sighed softly. “I am sorry to look at you that, I just never seen anyone be killed, and honestly I didn’t understand what was happening and why. It was a great shock to say the lest.” She paused a moment “I am didn’t mean to hurt you” she kissed the top of his head. “Your not a monster, and as for your brother and father it sounds like the deserve the fate they got.” She thought a moment “Come on lets go to bed we both need our rest”

Tidas listened to her words as he cried slowly stopping as she offered for them to go to bed. "Okay, lets lay down. Tomorrow we will rest, figure things out and ask mom what else she knows about the kidnapped mermaids. Hopefully we can make this all work." Tidas responded. With that he laid down with Kai in the bed, holding her close as he went to sleep.

In the morning they would be woken up with a blood curdling scream from one of the maids. Tidas quickly shot up in his bed a servant then rushed into the room and said "The Queen... she is dead! In the night it seems she hung herself...." The servant announced to Kai and Tidas. Tidas rush to the room across the hall where he saw his mother hanging from the ceiling.

She was glad he didn’t fight her on resting. She knew he needed to rest. It has been a long day for them both. She moved over to the bed with him and cuddled up with him. Her body was pressed against him just trying to show him how much she loved him.

But all to suddenly night faded into day and they were awaken but screaming. Kai followed Tidas to his mothers room. She was horrified by what she saw. She touched Tidas’s shoulder not even knowing what to say to him.

As Kai went to touch his shoulder Tidas shook his head tears pouring out of his eyes. He then turned to the servants and shouted "WHY ISN"T SHE DOWN YET!! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE HER UP THERE LIKE THAT!!!" Tidas then used his magic to cut Crystal down and cut her in his arms. He then fell to his knees holding her close to him rocking back and forth on the ground as he weeped "I am so sorry mother.... I am so sorry... I wasn't able to save you.... I failed you as a son" As he talked his black magic began to seep out of his body.

She watched as Tidas cut his own mother down. She swallowed hard and moved over to Tidas. She saw the black magic coming out of him. She closed her eyes trying to focus her own magic to keep his under control. Her hand came up touching his cheek, it was warm and full of love for him. “My love listen to me, you did save her, you set her free. Her wounds ran deeper than anyone knew.” She spoked softly and gently her hand never leaving his cheek. “Sometimes those wounds run so deep there is nothing anyone could do, you did not fail your mother. You set her free.”

As she attempted to control his magic a hissing sound could be heard coming from it. Though as Kai reached down to touch his cheek the magic moved out of the way as if it had a mind of its own. Tidas listened to Kai's words and said "How did I set her free, if she was free and happy she wouldn't have done this.... now she is gone. I should have saved her sooner, if only I knew... I should have known I was so stupid.... STUPID!" Tidas shouted causing his magic to shoot out, cracking the carpet and causing the walls to begin to crack. Though even as it erupted it didn't hurt Kai, but made sure to avoid her.

She felt his magic erupting from him, she knew he could be dangerous especially after what his mother told her yesterday. She moved now in front of him. Her eyes locking on his now. “TIDAS you need to stop this right now. You could hurt someone.” She leaned in and kissed him deeply letting her magic flow from her and wrap itself around his heart letting him feel her love for him on the inside, hoping it would be enough. She didn’t want to use more magic on him then she had to, it would be dangerous on her, but even more so on him.”

When Kai moved around she would be able to see his eyes where completely jet black. He couldn't hear anything she was saying to him. Soon she went to kiss him and her magic went into him. WHen she did Kai would be able to hear a voice say "Get out! Get out of my child Little girl! I don't want to kill you but if you don't leave I will!" Soon the black magic seeping from him began to move toward Kai forming black spike preparing to skewer her as black magic tried to work its way into her Body. Though Tidas could feel the magic's malicious intent towards Kai and snapped out of it breaking the kiss and shouted "STOP!!" With that the black magic dissipated leaving Kai completely unharmed.

Kai could hear the voice in her head like buzzing bees. She knew whose voice it was even without thinking. His true mother. But it didn’t scare her, she kept kissing him. She let her magic enter his body trying to keep him from going dark. She didn’t even notice how much danger she was really in. She suddenly felt his lips removed from hers and she looked at him, he was back to normal. “Tidas?”

Kai hit the nail on the head, the voice she was hearing was that of Tidas's real mother. When Kai said his name Tidas looked at her then around the room to see the cracked walls. He let out a deep sigh and said "I am sorry I lost control.... this hasn't happened since the first few days you where here. I am sorry Kai... I am just glad your okay...... We need to plan a funeral for my mother I want to bury her in a tomb overlooking the sea. She loved the ocean, I want her to rest by the thing she loved the most...."

She touched his cheek looking into his eyes. Making sure he was ok, but the worry clear in her eyes. She didn’t like him using his dark magic. “I am ok, I just want you to be ok” she smiled at his idea. “I think your mother would like that very much. And I will help you any way I can” she kissed his forehead.

Tidas listened to all of Kai's words and said "Yes I am okay.... and thank you let us just take some time to bury her before your father gets here. We also may need to tell your family to meet us at the capital.... without my mother it will be hard to transport the mermaids who where captured without people noticing. Anyways It will probably be less stressful for them to not have to travel"

“Of course” she hugged him close, thinking for a long moment. “Tidas, if you like I can arranged to give your mother a mermaid royal burial. Typically its reserved for royalty or for important people, and well your mother is both. I would be happy to do it” she touched his arm. “I would create a tiny island in the water, her body would be preserved inside”

At her suggested Royce began to smile for the first time today and said "yes I think that would be wonderful, lets do it Kai. Thank you so much" He then stood up and took his mothers body over to the bed and laid her down on top of it. After that he turned to Kai and said "I am sorry I freaked out early..... sometimes I just lose control... I don't know why either."

“You just have to decide where you want her resting place to be, here, the capital or another place she loved” she then watched as he laid his mother on the bed. As Tidas apoligized to Kai she moved closer to him taking his hand in hers. “I am not going to lie to you Tidas, when you loose control like that it frightens me, I am afraid you are going to hurt your people, I am afraid your going to hurt yourself.....you could hurt me, or worse our children some day. I wish there was something I could do to stop you from loosing control”

"I want her to be rested outside of the capital, so she would be near by. I want to always be able to see where she is, and so she can watch me as I become a great queen and show her how wonderful a son she raised. Also I want to show her the right way to treat a queen, and that her son wasn't the same monster that her husband was... that she did better" Tidas replied to Kai before the conversation turned to his powers. After listening to her words he replied "Yes I know, they are dangerous.... I don't know how to stop them sometimes. I can usually keep them under control but when my anger, sadness or hate begin to take control I black out and my powers begin to leak out. I honestly don't know how to stop them"

Kai listen to his word and she sighed but not him at the sistuation. “I am also afraid what if your powers get past on to our children, what if it puts them in danger....I know you really want a family of your own” she bit her lip. “What if we talk to my father when he comes maybe he would know a way to make them less dangerous, maybe he can even bind them for you, if your open to that.”

Tidas nodded "Yes I am worried to, if I caused my children such pain because of my powers I would never be able to forgive myself." When she mentioned her father may have a solution he nodded and said "I hope he does, though honestly my magic is so unique.... there is something else. Something I have never told anyone.... I was worried people my think I am crazy. Sometimes when my black magic is being very active I can hear a voice talking to me......"

Back
Top Bottom