Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sea Jewel (JohnizBeast and NightSorceress)

Kai was unphased by the king, she didn’t even flinch when he got in her face. She stared at him. “I stopped being a child a long time ago. And I will not stand by and let you push around the man I love.” She glanced now at the queen. And then back to the king “You so concerned for how he treated me or acted, well look, look at what you just did to the woman you love. You treated her like she was nothing, just a woman, how is your son suppose to feel any differently about women when you treat your own wife that way!”

The King became even angrier and he replied "YOU!! HOW DARE YOU!! IT SEEMS YOU NEED TO LEARN SOME RESPECT FOR YOU KING!!" With that he raised his hand preparing to slap Kai, though Tidas got in the way and grabbed his arm. "MOVE BOY!! NOW!!" He shouted at Tidas. "No.... I will not allow anyone to raise a hand against Kai Ever... I only have one reply to those who do so DEATH!!"

With that Tidas magic began to seep out. His father began to try and use his magic to hold Tidas back but it was now use. Soon Tidas's black magic consumed his father completely, discinegrating his body and clothing only leaving his crown. Tidas then took his crown and put it on his head saying "The king is dead... long live the king"

Kai saw what was happening, she tried to get Tidas’s to focuse on her. “Tidas’s Stop this! Please dont hurt anyone” she screamed to him but he seemed consumed on what he was doing. She was frighten of Tidas in that moment. She stumbled back her hand over her mouth. She was completely horrified to watch Tidas kill his own father like that. Of course he was being a brute to her, but she wasnt afraid of him. She was now afraid of Tidas. Could he some day do the same thing to her.

When Tidas finished he turned around to see Kai looking scared on the ground and frowned. He then reached out his hand to her as he said "Kai... I am sorry I scared you but I am completely under control. I have always held back against him because I knew if I killed him the thrown would fall to me. Though I will not live under a king who would hurt my beloved. I also couldn't watch him hurt my mother anymore. I know it may have seemed cruel... but I did it to protect you and my mom." He hoped that Kai would reach out and take his hand.

She had never seen anything like that before. She had never seen anyone killed before. Her heart was pounding in her chest now. She looked at Tidas’s hand out stretch to her begging her to take it. She couldn’t. Her eyes searched for his mother. Seeing how she was reacting to this. Was she upset? Did she hate Tidas? Or was she finally free of the man who had just tossed her aside like trash.

Tidas frowned at her hesitation and replied to her saying "I see... you think I am a monster now. That is okay, you know I won't force you to stay here." He was hurt, he thought Kai trusted him enough. Though he couldn't help his magic, at its core it was black magic, so when he released it in its pure form he couldn't help how evil it felt. On the other hand his mother was crying saying "he's gone he is finally gone..... I have been a prisoner for so long"

Kai looked at the woman who was now crying on the ground. But she wasnt crying tears of saddness, she was happy he was gone. She was puzzled. She looked at Tidas again now. She slowly stood up. “I am sorry Tidas....I just never seen anything like that....Thank you for protecting me from him.” Her hand slowly reached out and took his hand. She looked down at there fingers now together. “Your not a monster, I guess I was shocked”

Tidas smiled as he listened to her feeling her hand on his again. "Thank you for understanding Kai" Tidas replied before wrapping his eyes around Kai and starting to quietly cry as he held her. "I am sorry Kai... I am so sorry... I just couldn't let him hurt you to..." Tidas replied as he cuddled and hugged her tightly.

Kai was a still a bit shaken by all she had just witnessed, she was still shaken by a lot of things that happen in less than two 2 days, she had lost a baby, she had almost lost Tidas in despair over loosing that child. Her father appeared and hated the man she loved and now she just watched Tidas Kill his own father. As he held her crying, she tried to comfort him, but her own emotions were spent. She just wrapped her arms around him.

Tidas held Kai close and wept. He didn't need her to say anything, he just needed her to be there for him. Feeling her hold him only made him cry more. After a good 10 minutes of weeping he finally pulled himself together and said "I am sorry to show you such gruesome things my love...." he then leaned down and kissed Kai on the forehead. "Also... I need a queen... you said you would stay with me no matter what right? Tomorrow when you family comes... would you plan a wedding with me?" Tidas asked of Kai.

She just let him cry. She knew he needed it, she knew that feeling all to well. She just held him. When he finally pulled himself together she sighed. Happy that he was ok. When he asked her about to be his queen and to plan a wedding she had to think a moment. “I want to...I love you....But I want to make sure you and my father get along first. Please? I love my father very much, and he loves me, he was just scared by what he saw, I think he would like you too, and you would like him if you two had a chance.”

Tidas nodded at her response and said "Alright... I will make amends with you father I promise. Things will be better between us" With that Tidas mother stood up and said "I don't know about that... I am not the only one... your father... he captures raped and killed many mermaids.... there are at least 10 in captivity at the capital.... if your father finds out that the humans have been capturing and raping his people let alone his own daughter... I don't know how he will react"

Kai looked to his mother now. “Why would he do such a thing! I dont understand, he seemed so upset when he found out I was raped.” Kai was confused. She looked down trying to think of a way to explain this to her father. She sighed. “I think we need to bring the mermaids here for my father to take back home. I think if we explain what a wicked man the king was and why TIdas needed to kill him then he will understand” or at least she hoped.

Tidas's mom sighed and replied "That is exactly why he was mad, I am sure he was worried that if your father knew his son liked to rape mermaids he would start to question him as well. It is not just the ones in the basement of the Castle. In my time I have seen hundreds of mermaids raped and killed in the process by his father. I will arrange for them to be brought here.... but I am worried. I am sure your father has noticed hundreds of missing mermaid women over the years...."

She sighed. She felt disgusted by knowing what Tidas’s father has done. She looked down trying not to show her anger. Trying not take it out on them. It wasn’t their faults. “He has, and he sent his men out many times to search for them. My brother was gone for almost a year looking for our people.” She sighed. “I wish there was something I could have done to save their lives”

Tidas's mother began to cry "I am sorry I had no choice... when I washed up on shore he seemed so nice... he was just a prince then. He then took me down to the dungeon and tortured me, made me tell him everything. Before I knew it he was searching for other like me, I am so sorry... I should have been stronger." Tidas shook his head he couldn't believe it "Why would father do that.... he had to know what would come of it. I don't know how I am going to tell your father... he hates the humans as is...."

She sighed she knew this was not going to be easy. She knew how her father was. “I know he doesn’t like humans. I know this going to be extremely difficult. Not because he is an mean person, he just very passionate about his people” she wasn’t sure if they would understand that. “I guess i am going to need time think about this.”

Tidas nodded and said "Yes I know how passionate he is... let us move the dinner with your father and brother to three days from now so we can transport the women here. Also it will give us time to think of a way to handle this." The truth was Tidas could only think of one way to handle this.... though he knew Kai wouldn't like it.

Kai’s head was already overwhelmed, now this. She needed time not only to deal with this problem, but she was still processing loosing her child. She also now had process how her life would change now that Tidas was king. “Yes I think waiting a few more days is a good thing. I will send a message to my father and brother.” She looked down at the sand they ere standing on. She quickly found a sea shell, bring it to her lips she whispered into it, and then turned to the water throwing it with all of her might back to the water. “Should we return home and talk thi through”

As Kai agreed Tidas smiled, happy to know she was willing to help them try and make things right with her father. He watched as she worked he magic on the sea shell, and then sent it into the ocean. Once she did and asked if they should return home he nodded "Yeah lets go home we need the rest." With that he began to walk back to the castle with his mother and Kai. As they did he said "I am sorry mom.... I didn't know... I should have done something sooner." His mother shook her head "It is not your fault... I sold out the mermaids, gave into his torture then became his queen. It is all my fault"

Kai walked with them back to the family. She wanted to ask more questions on how this all came to happen. But didn’t dare, the wounds for both mother and son were still fresh, maybe in time would understand more, as of right now she had only met the man twice, Its hard for her to understand how he truly was. “Dont worry about, just worry about resting and helping us make it right.” Kai then reached out and touched Tidas’s mothers arm. Letting her know it will be ok, it had to be ok.

When Kai touched Tidas's mother she would be able to feel that she was shaking, all she could do to respond to her was say "Mhmmm, th... Thank you... Kai.." Soon they where in the castle and Tidas took Kai and his mother to a guest room. "I need to go send letters to people to let them know my father has passed and that I am now king.... You two rest here I will be across the hall in the master bedroom writing." Tidas said before leaving.

Once Tidas left, his mom Crystal then looked to Kai and said "Kai.... I need to tell you something. You know the mage Leaidra, the powerful mermaid? Well she was one of the women we captured. Using magic and some powerful crystals we where able to restrain her. Tidas's father raped her... then 9 months later she gave birth to Tidas.... dying in childbirth..."

Kai was torn when Tidas left. She wanted to be with him, this had been a trying for Tidas, for them all really and she wanted to be by Tidas’s side now, but she also knew his mother needed looking after, so she stayed there next to her. Kai was suddenly the queen made the confession about Tidas true mother. “You cant be serious!” She was in complete shock. “Did his father not realize how dangerous it was to mess with a creature like her? Did you not realize that if Tidas had been a girl Alan of Leaidra’s powers would been past to her daughter and they would have been far to strong for you or the king to handle!” Kai now paced the room. Her hand seemed to go to her stomach, to the place where he own child had been. Her face showed signs of distress now at the realization of the news, what this could be for her own children.

Crystal nodded at Kai's response "Yes I am serious... and well yes we realized what it could mean. You know his black magic right? In a way she did pass on her powers. She was a strong mage. Before she died she passed on her remaining powers to Tidas. Though because she was so full of hatred for his father it turned into dark black magic. Tidas has his own magic that he inherited from his father and his mothers powerful magic. In order to prevent him finding out I pretended to be his real mother, gave him all the love in the world. He still doesn't know his true parentage"

Kai’s mind was racing now. For the since the day had lost her child, she had experienced nothing but trouble and terriable news. Tidas had as well. This was just one more blow they didn’t need. She drew a deep breath. “Please dont tell him any of this right now. He has enough to handle and this would just be one more thing.” She looked down she hated keeping this from him, but right now was not the time or the place to tell him. Everything had fallen completely a part. She was starting to doubt she was strong enough to keep it together

Back
Top Bottom