Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be Known, the Truth-(Marvel) Lady/Fox

"Soldier doesn't like the Bug." James grumbled, Bruce chuckling a little before he smiled at Steve. "it's fine. it's not your fault." he promised. "I don't do labor. Laundry is labor, i have people who do that for me." it wasn't that Tony was lazy, he built everything in his workshop on his own after all. it was that he wasn't allowed to do 'common household chores' anymore. not after what happened the last time. Pepper had forbidden it. so what if he'd given the washer a brain and it had revolted? he'd have revolted too if he had to hold filthy clothes in his mouth! "Feed the Bug to the frog?" James asked hopefully, making Bruce laugh. "Hulk is 'the Frog' by the way." Bruce explained to Steve with a grin. "i'd be happy to eat tony." Bruce admitted, flirting with the man who wasn't even in the room. he was glad to see Thor was there with Jane and Darcy. all of them looking pale and sleepless but much better than they had last night. "Loki wok in the night." Thor admitted with a smile. "the one named Rumlow came and got me... he recognized me!" Thor said, sounding so happy that even James smiled. "there is something wrong though. he cannot speak well... has something damaged his mind?" "yes, Thor..." Bruce said gently. "Loki is still as smart as ever, but he's going to need a lot of speach therapy to learn how to talk again, as well as other things."

“You’ll like him.”He smiled a little before snorting. “You do. Especially since Pepper wont let you do them anymore. Though I don’t think you can mess up my abs by doing laundry.”Steve said rolling his eyes a little before looking at bruce, snorting a little and ingnoring the jealousy at the idea. “You should try eating him sometime. I’m sure he’d taste okay. Maybe a little bitter and sarcastic if sarcastic has a taste.”Steve said thoughtfully as he he stepped into the room, moving over to sit down before smiling, looking at thor. “That’s good. And yes. What was done to him, damaged him. But there are people here that will help us take care of him.”

"Soldier Don't like him." he huffed, Tony just grinning because most people didn't like him at first. those that mattered, they always accepted him in the end or they weren't worth it. the Avengers had taught him that. "nah... I love him... but... we could never work. it would be a few weeks of passion too fast for me, and then it would burst into glorious flames..." Bruce admitted, looking pained. "me and Tony... we would never work." he admitted softly. "still i cant help but... dream." he admitted, smiling at Steve. "if you weren't so hung up on..." his eyes flicked to James. "i would have told you to stop leading Tony on and kiss him already." he admitted with a smile before smiling at Thor, draping himself over the mans shoulders, hugging him from behind. "I have missed you too Doctor." Thor admitted smiling at Bruce before sulking because Tony had snatched his pancakes while he was distracted by Bruce. "You planned that...." Thor complained to Tony who grinned because, yes, he had anticipated Bruce's greating to Thor and had taken advantage.

“....Maybe. Tony would burn out anyone really.”Steve said looking sad at the idea, simply wanting tony to be happy before pausing, frowning slightly as he considered what bruce was saying. “I’m not....I didn’t mean...”Steve stuttered a little, ,looking utterly lost on the idea of leading tony on. And he lked them both, he really did. Not that he’d ever admit being just as hung up on tony as he was james these days. He was just so confused with everything, his life was so twisted at the moment. “Tony, give him the pancakes. Rumlow’s making you some.”Steve ordered looking up at the man, tilting his head a little. “And you’re not to try and steal the Soldier’s pancakes either. They’re specially made for him.”

Bruce smiled a little. "it's not that, so much as... well i'm just not suited to his personality. he's a limelight person always moving, always going... i'm not like that, i would never be able to keep up and just trying is... it's hard just being his friend sometimes. i love him very much but he is exhausting." Bruce admitted. "he needs someone with just as much energy as him and i'm just... not that person." he admitted before he smiled at Steve. "you know... you could have them both. neither of them would be adverse to sharing." he admitted before chuckling a little as Tony scowled and crouched over the pancakes, not about to give them up. "i aint stealing from him! he'll slaughter me!" Tony protested. "i know that look in his eyes! it's the same look Nat gets when i try to steal her chocolates and pastries!" he informed them, shoving the pancakes into his mouth and watched as Rumlow delivered Soldiers pancakes, which where gone almost as fast as Tony's stolen pancakes where. "Science!" Tony declared before leaning against Thor who chuckled and allowed this while Tony tapped away at his tablet. Bruce just chuckled and snuggled into Thor's other side while James watched, as if curious, eating a second plate of pancakes while Rumlow and Peirce handed out food to the others. "here, Soldier. try some of this." "No. Gruel." James huffed shoving the bowl of applesauce over to Steve.

“Oh....yes. I could see that.”Steve said tilting his head a little before snorting. “Yea, it’s a good thing I can go with less sleep, otherwise Tony would drive a person insane.”he said looking amused before frowning at the other, tilting his head as he considered that. Not saying anything before huffing. “Tony!Give thor his pancakes back, now, and I’ll get you more chocolates for your collection.”Steve sighed a little as he started to eat, shaking his head a ltitle. “You know, when loki’s up and moving, they’re going to be holy terrors. Imagine, tony with magic.”Steve said smirking at thor a little, before frowning as he was given applesauce. “it’s not gruel. One bite, then I’ll eat the rest.”Steve said holding out his spoon with a scoopful.

"Don't you get less sleep because of the Serum? half remember something like that..." he admitted. "my version actually works opposite. i have to sleep a lot more. the energy it takes to keep my system running the way it does means i have to conserve as much energy as possible. the more i take it easy the less i ave to stuff my face and sleep." he admitted with a smile. "Yoga and meditation help with that a lot too." he admitted. "that's why, after i revert after a transformation, i immediately stuff my face and then go to sleep." "B...But Steve i already at them!" Tony protested, looking mortified because now he wouldn't get any chocolate! Thor just laughed and was quick to reassure them all that if he had minded he would have at last attempted to reclaim them. "Oh i have no doubt Loki will take great joy n Tony's shenanigans." Thor admitted. "it would likely be very goo for both of them to have such fun together." he admitted. James just narrowed his eyes at Steve, his eyes flicking from the applesauce and then back to Steve because he wasn't convinced that this was a good deal before he finally opened his mouth and gagged down his spoonful. he didn't like the gruel. Rumlow and Pierce both looked quite impresed that James had tried at all. so there was that, at least.

“Yes, I can function on 2 hours, but I work better on 4. Any more I get weird and hyper. It’s horrible.”STeve made a face before smiling slightly. “Ah, makes sense. Differences for us all then, James really didn’t change all that much. He sleeps a little less, but that might be just cause we were in a war....”Steve said before sighing, “So you did....okay. We’ll go get chocolate anyways.”Steve promised not wanting tony to be upset before snorting. “It would be good for them.”Steve agreed before raising his eyebrows at james’ look, “Eat.”he said before relaxing as he took a bite. “Good job. Now you can eat something else.”Steve said already scarfing down the rest of the applesauce.

Bruce nodded. "Tony really should sleep more, but he never does." Bruce agreed with a chuckle. "yes. according to my research, limited as it was, our own genetic modifiers effects the serums pumping through out systems." he admitted. "being how small and thin and weak you where, the Serum immediately attached to those genetic modifiers. whereas James, who was healthy and strong, ha the Serum affect him in other ways. fro my examinations i would say that his version of the Serum fixed his eyes." here Bruce hesitated. "did you know he was suffering severely from severe ocular degeneration?" he asked hesitantly. "but no, he does sleep a little less. about six hours a night." he admitted before smiling when Tony beamed at Steve and snickered when Solider scowled. he didn't know what Chocolate was, but f the Bu got some then Soldier wanted some too. Soldier wa not happy at all about having to eat the gruel but he did, and it was disgusting and he nearly gagged at the sight of Steve wolfing it down. "Here. try this." Tony said, leaning over the table and offering James a bite of a Hershey's bar that Ton had squirreled away. James stared at it for a long moment and then back at Tony. "it looks like poop." "well now i'm not hungry anymore." Tony complained, abandoning the chocolate which was claimed by Thor and Bruce when James didn't seam at all inclined to it.

“He should, but with extremis he can go less, so he does.”He rolled his eyes a little before looking thoughtful. “Ah, yes. That made sense. It gave me the body I needed.”He muttered before wincing a little, “Yes. I did. And I know it fixed it. There’s a reason he was the Commandos sniper.”He said sighing quietly, before sighing at the soldier’s scowl. “Fine, chocolate for you both.”he promised rolling his eyes at the others look, recognizing it before startling as tony pulled out the candy bar. “It’s sweet James. Not poop.”Steve said looking vaguely disgusted himself, before rolling his eyes again. James had always invoked that reaction. “You used to like it.”

"Just because he can go with less doesn't mean he should." Bruce grumbled, rolling his eyes. "he's amazing. i've never seen him miss a shot." he admitted. "there's few things that makes James pleased, and being able to out-shoot every single person on earth is one of them." he admitted with a chuckle. "Chocolate." Tony agreed happy. "I can have the good stuff right?" he asked hopefully. "and i don't have to share?" "...." James scowled a little, unhappy that Tony was getting all the attention and glared at Thor when the other offered him a square. though he did hesitantly take one when Bruce offered. he didn't eat it yet, instead he looked at Steve, as if looking for reassurances before he slipped it into his mouth. he spat it out as soon as it touched his tongue, looking startled, staring at it before he slipped it in his mouth once more and just held it there on his tongue, trembling a little. "don't worry. he did that the first time he had pancakes too." Rumlow assured Steve. "only he cried then too." "it's an overload. the taste... he's not used to feeling pleasure."

“I know that, and you know that. Tony doesn’t listen.”Steve pointed out before snorting a little. “I’ve seen him miss a few.”Steve said smiling a little. “It happens to the best of us.”Steve said looking amused before snorting. “Yes, you can have the good chocolate. We’ll even get some of Clint’s favorite. Maybe we can bribe him to our side with chocolate.”Steve said sounding thoughtful before smiling at steve. “It’s good, i promise.”He said softly at james’ look, but looking worried as james trembled looking at rumlow. “really?”He muttered relaxing when he realized it was okay. "Soldier?"He said gently, watching him intently.

Bruce chuckled a little. "yeah. that's true." he agreed. "he hasn't missed since he became the Soldier. according to his files." he admitted. "Hydra was very smug about it." Bruce admitted, scowling a little before he smiled a little as he enjoyed Tony's abandoned Chocolate. "i dunno if you could bribe Clint, but i bet you could bribe Nat." Tony admitted, watching James warily. "is, ah, he going to be sick?" he ased, worried about James who was sucking slowly on the little bit of chocolate. "I don't think so. he didn't et sick over any of the other things he's eaten. he gagged a few times but he never actually got sick." Pierce admitted, watching James who had finished his piece of chocolate and was still trembling wildly but was more than happy to accept Bruce's offer of a second piece. "well.... i wonder how he'd like chocolate chips in his pancakes?" Rumlow wondered. "We'll have to try for lunch." "wait... wait... we get pancakes for every meal!?" Tony demanded, looking as ecstatic as James did while the Soldier sucked on his chocolate. "it's the only thing Soldier will eat... well, until recently. we're still working on it."

“I can totally bribe clint. I’ll tell him you’ll give him new arrows and chocolate. And maybe natasha with something. Chocolate and bubble baths.”Steve said well aware there was a reason there was no bathtubs in the tower, simply because still deep water freaked tony out, despite having the arc reactor out. “Good.”Steve muttered looking relieved that at least james wouldn’t get sick. “Yes, we get pancakes. All the time. It’s amazing.”Steve said looking just as happy at having pancakes, because it was one of the few foods that he could eat and actually get full eating. “I bet we could get him to the tower. You have alot of weird foods there. We could feed him everything.”Steve said looking thoughtful at the idea.

Tony grinned and Bruce chuckled. "i thin that would work. what will we bribe Phil with?" "obvious. we bribe him with Steve!" "...oh yeah." Bruce agreed, nodding. "who else? what do we bribe Pepper with?" "shoes." Tony decided. "And chocolate. and those little square cake things. Petite Fours. i could probobly get her here easily enough if you wanted. all i have to do is text her and tell her i don't know where i am and that i can't find my pants. it wouldn't be the first time i ended up somewhere weird." Tony admitted, Bruce smiling a bit because he was pretty sure Pepper was going to scold tony for hours before they could even get her into the chair. "we'll have to make very sure Soldier knows it's not okay to hurt her." he admitted. "he has this weird thing about red headed women."

“....really?I don’t think that would work.”Steve said looking unsure that he could be used to bribe the agent before snorting. “I don’t think she likes shoes that much. We’ll just tell her tony’s getting in trouble without her. She’d probably change sides just to keep Tony from blowing himself up by accident.”Steve snickered a little. “,,,,Yea text her. She’ll be a good candiate to talk to next.”Steve said before looking at james. “She’s not Natasha, you don’t get to hurt this red head.”

Tony smirked. "it would totally work." he admitted. "he's totally a Captain Fanboy, even worse than me!" he pointed out. "if i promised him ou'd kiss his cheek for it he'd switch sides in a heartbeat." he admitted before snorting. "you don't know Pepper very well do you?" he asked. "she adores shoes... and dresses too." he admitted before grinning. "she is kind of overprotective isn't she?" he mused. "should i text Rhodey and Happy too? they'd come running too if they heard i wasn't wearing any pants and i wasn't sure where i was." he admitted, already texting Pepper and instructing Jarvis to do the same 'don't let her send anything or get anything' routine so that she couldn't warn Fury or Hydra if she was a spy. "Jarvis will just lead her to me like he always does." he admitted, watching James nod. normally he would have sulked, but Steve had given him Chocolate and James would do anything for Steve now. well. almost anything. he still wasn't going to eat gruel. he was still going to sulk and even whine because that was allowed now and James enjoyed being allowed to do it. he had yet to say 'no' though. "here, James. have some more." Bruce offered, looking amused when James nodded, accepted the piece and sucked on it quietly. more content than they had ever seen him since he'd had his first bites of pancake.

“No, I don’t think it would be that bad.”Steve said rolling his eyes a little before huffing, rolling his eyes a little. “I know pepper well enough. But we’ll buy anythign she wants.”he promised before frowning thinking of that before nodding. “Wait though, we’ll stagger the texts, so they all arrive at different times, not running into each other and talk. Hopefully it wont go to bad.”Tony said sighing a little before looking pleased a james’ nod. Smiling softly at the sight of james looking so content, before looking at tony. “I think me and the soldier are going to go out, after chocolate, and to look around andwatch as the others come in.”he said twitching and feelign a little cooped up.

Tony nodded. "sure, i can do that. we'll call em in one at a time." he agreed. "Pepper first, then Rhodey, then Happy. then we'll have to figure out how to get Barton and Widow in here." he muttered. "i wonder if we could get Phil to come in and then use him to call them in?" he muttered. Bruce just swallowed because he really didn't want Natasha to get hurt. he loved her like he loved Tony, only he wasn't so exhausted by her. he had a huge crush on her an knowing she had betrayed him was almost too much to bare. knowing she was Hydra and had taken him to be tortured and abused. experimented on... he didn't think he could ever look at her again even if he did still love her. he wasn't sure, but he half suspected it was because she and Tony where the only persons to really be affectionate with him. he was desperate for it so he latched on to them. "Just be careful about taking him into crowds. he doesn't care for them. he won't go homicidal... i don't think, but he might have a panic attack." Pierce warned, accepting Steve's decision to take James out. it would be good for the Soldier. "take him to a pet store and let him play with some... fluffballs too when your at the end. it will be a good reward." Rumlow suggested. "I'm going to do science!" Tony informed them all, waving his tablet around. "i need Bruce to help. he needs to help me with the nerve to electronic input ratios." "sure. be happy to." Bruce said, looking very much more cheerful.

“Good. Then call pepper, and let rumlow and pierce talk to her.”Steve decided, not prepared to talk to pepper himself. Before looking thoughtful then nodding. “yes....we’ll call phil in first. He trusts pierce, and they trust him. We’ll domino them into falling into place.”Steve sighed softly, looking at bruce. Knowing it was hard on them all, and trusting, hoping that they could turn natasha away from hydra. To join their side. Looking at james he looked thoughtful and nodding. “I’ll be careful. And we’ll see the fluffballs. Might even get one for myself.”Steve said looking amused because he’d never had a pet before. It might be good for him. Rolling his eyes at Tony, “Fine, fine. G.”He said waving the other off before looking at james. “Let’s go, Soldier. We’re going to go get more candy and go around town.”

"I think that would be a good idea." Tony agreed. "we might be tempted to let her go..." Bruce nodded because that was very true. "yeah, Pierce can just ask him to come in. we'll tell him that Steve had a big panic attack after getting lost in New York or something." Tony teased with a snicker. "i think he'd never leave your rooms if you got one Steve." Rumlow warned, looking amused. "Awesome!" Tony said delighted that Steve was happy with how much he had eaten and raced off, Bruce chuckling as he followed more sedately. "Candy?" James asked curiously, following Steve, curious about where they where going. was he going to get a mission? he hoped so, he was getting bored. he wasn't used to being inactive for so long. "Mission?" he asked Steve, his head tilted.

“yes...we would.”Steve swallowed thickly before snorting. “He wouldn’t believe that. I don’t get nearly as lost as I used to.”because for awhile there he’d gotten lost on his morning runs,even if he didn’t go that far, simply because the city of his birth, was no longer the city he ewas running in, and he got all twisted around. “....I’d be okay with that.”Steve said blushing a little at rumlow’s warning before looking at James as they headed outside. “Yes. We’ll be going on a mission.”he decided it was after all, a sort of mission. Debating for a moment before deciding that a car would be better before climbing into the car, knowing he could burrow it. Heading for the candy store that tony liked, it was huge and offered nearly every candy under the sun.

"yes he would. you follow a strict path that you have memorized. he wouldn't think it odd that you went to go help a kid find their kite or lost puppy or kitten stuck in a tree and got turned around. don't give me that look, you know it would happen." Tony huffed at Steve's huffing. "I'm sure. but he's a total bed hig and he refuses to share the blankets." he admitted. "it always sucked having winter missions with him because he'd steal anything warm while the rest of us got hypothermia." he admitted. James looked so ecstatic to be going on a mission that he actually seamed to be skipping as he followed Steve, settling into the car happily before looking confused as they walked into the store. "Mission status?" he wondered, blinking at Steve.

“I would not rescue a kitten out of the tree!”He whined, making a face, because they all knew he would. “He always was. At least these days the beds bigger then a army cot.”Steve snickered a little. “Mission is to collect candy for the bug, the frog, me and Rumlow.”Steve said, “And of course, yourself. Choose things.”Steve said looking amused as he started filling up a basket worth of candy.

"You would totally rescue a kitten from a tree." Tony scoffed, amused because Bruce was nodding his agreement as well. the little shithead. "that's true." Rumlow agreed. "we didn't always have enough beds on missions and despite the fact that he's supposed to be obedient, or was back then, he always had a bed, no matter orders to the contrary." Rumlow admitted with a huff. "Candy?" James asked, scowling now because this wasn't a freaking mission, it was a shopping trip! honestly... "Yes Captain..." he grumbled, obeying anyway and soon he had forgotten his annoyance and was examining things with interest. he didn't want to eat any of them but they where fun to look at. he was interested in a five pound gummy bear and put that in his basket to see if he could chew the nose off. soon he had reconnected with Steve and pretended he didn't have about thirty chocolate bars exactly like the one he had been offered earlier in the bottom of his basket, covered by other things that James didn't care about but had seen Commander or Handler munching on.

Back
Top Bottom