Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be Known, the Truth-(Marvel) Lady/Fox

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was by far the hardest mission he had yet. Asset needed to take a victim, alive. He wasn't allowed to kill the Target, he wasn't allowed to kill the Mission. He could hurt him but not permanently and he had to be careful not to hurt him too much. He was settled on the roof across the street from the Target his sniper rifle in his hands, staring down the scope. Black goggles protecting him from the glare of the sun which hurt his sensitive eyes. Commander had been very careful with his hair as well, pulling it back out of his face and tying it tightly behind his head in what he called 'a tiny tail'. It was out of his eyes and that was what mattered. Truth was h liked his Handler and his Commander far more than he had ever liked anyone he had ever come across before. He didn't care that they where, or where not Hydra, they where his handler and commander, he obeyed them and that was that. So if they told him to take the Target, the Mission alive, he would do so.

He aimed the gun, accounted for wind speed and the reflection angle of the window and the rebound of the bullet striking the window and pulled the trigger. It hit dead center to where he was aiming, slicing through the flesh of the Targets arm, leaving a thin line of blood behind that probably burned like fire. Exactly as he'd wanted, h straightened, long enough for the Target to see him, and then took off running through across the rooftops like a mouse teasing a cat. Only once that cat got close enough, the mouse turned into a dog. He had to be careful though, because even if dogs where the predators to cats, cats could still win. He had to be faster than the cat right now, and he was, sliding down a railing like he was snowboarding. He never had been, but Commander had seen him do it before and had remarked. Asset wasn't entirely sure what snowboarding was, but he supposed it didn't matter either. He hit the ground running, dipping and swerving through the crowds because he knew the Target would not try to shoot him if other people where in the way, meaning he had to follow or loose his mouse. He turned to look, this also carefully calculated, watching the other run, watching him come closer, letting him come closer. Then he ducked into an alley, n people, waiting, waiting, flinging his metal arm out and catching the Cat with what Commander called a 'clothesline' across the neck. It would drop even the Asset, getting hit like that, but just to be sure Asset drew forth one of the special guns that his Handler had given him, the ones with a dendrotoxin inside instead of bullets and shot the cat twice before raising a phone to his ear. “Cat has been caught in the mousetrap.” Asset wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but it made Commander giggle, so he would tolerate it.

He was delighted to be picked up and to get his reward. Solid food was a fresh new for him, and he was eager to get his hands on the pancakes, still hot, that the Commander had waiting for him. He was still eating the pancakes twenty minutes later when they had the Cat strapped into a mousetrap made of metal that even Asset, using all his strength of his metal arm which surpassed the strength of the Target, according to the strength test results that his Handler had gotten his hands on, could bend. Cat was trapped, for now. He was licking the syrup off of his fingers when the Cat woke up and he watched the Cat closely, his head tilted, the lights dim to keep Assets eyes from hurting.

Alexander Pierce watched all this with a small smile, amused and wondering if Steve Rogers would think himself insane? Watching the man that had taken down a super soldier so easily, sitting there in front of you, eating pancakes and swinging his legs like a small child. That was, really, what the Soldier was. Just a child, who obeyed because that was what children did. He watched the Soldier eat his pancakes, while he watched the now trapped Captain America with interest and curiosity. Pierce would not continue until the Soldier had finished his pancakes though, he had earned those treats and he would not take them away. He knew as soon as he moved, the Soldier would abandon his food and spring to attention. The Soldier was too malnourished to afford to abandon such a healthy cocktail of vitamins and minerals packed into sugar filled treats. It never ceased to amaze him how Rumlow could sneak so many vegetables and fruits into a single round disk of bread. The Soldier loved them so much, that there as nothing else he wanted for a ob well done. It was also really fun to watch the confusion play across Rogers face, watching such a frightening man eat pancakes.

Steve Rogers sighed quietly as he ran, his blond hair sweat slicked and stuck to his forehead as he ran. As much as he enjoyed running, even the 20 miles he’d run today was unaccountably long. The man was totally tired of being stuck inside, but he didn’t have a life either. He lived for the mission, for being told what to do, and where to go. Feeling unsteady enough in this life that he was simply reverting to what he knew. A soldier’s life. And considering he could only sleep when he was exhausted, he ran.

Startling as the bullet sliced through his arm, spinning him slightly to the side as he missed a step, he stumbled a little even as he hit the ground, scrambling to figure out what was going on. Crouching low, he frowned looking around. Eyes going up to the roofs as soon as he figured the angle, he frowned before starting to run after the man running in front of him. Aderaline shooting through his system as he ran, the annoyance and anger he’d been feeling at the missions and lack of life sliding away in favor of chasing this. Even as he pulled his service pistol, he cursed when he realized the man had run right into the crowd. Cursing because there was no way he’d try shooting him now. Gasping as he was clotheslined, he hit the floor on his back, gun skittering away from boneless fingers as he struggled to breath for a moment, staring up at him even as he started to roll away without being able to breath properly, blinking stupidly as he was put out.

Steve woke slowly, blinking a little as his system flushed out the last of the drugs, looking around as much as he could without moving his head. Not ready to let anyone know he was awake, and trying to figure out what was going on. He wasn’t hurt, he was tied up, but not being restrained to badly. Or hurt. Or questioned yet. Frowning slightly he rolled his eyes up just enough to look at the man sitting across from him, staring at the man even though he didn;t move just yet. Trying to figure out what was going on, and who this childlike man was.

The Soldier had finished his pancakes and abandoned the plate and was licking his fingers clean when the Commander came and collected the plate and removed it and the Soldier jumped to attention as Alexander Pierce moved forward. he quivered like an eager puppy, awaiting orders and he was happy to be give orders because on the missions his Handler gave him, this Handler anyway, he wasn't hurt and he wasn't punished to the point of breaking if he failed.

"Tell me, Soldier." Alexander ordered, making the Soldier's head cock to the side. "do you remember this man?" he asked, indicating Steve Rogers. Soldier paused, studying the man and then shook his head. "Does the name Steve Rogers remind you of anything?" there was a longer pause and then Soldier very carefully nodded, wary of punishment but Alexander just smiled. "and if i said the name James Buchanan Barns. Bucky. what do you recall?" he asked, making the Soldier hessitate even longer before. "Potatoes..." that made both his Handler and the Commander stare at him so he clarified. "we ate a lot of potatoes. many many potatoes. until we where so sick of them, we thought we where going to puke if we ate another one. so we went to.... somplace, and stole an entire tray of corndogs, and ate them until we actually where sick." Pierce looked so proud and he brushed the soldiers hair awa from his face so Steve soulc see the face, the whole face, the face of Bucky Barnes. "That's very good Soldier. very good. your brain is starting to recover." "...Do i have to go in the Chair now?" Soldier's voice trembled, frightened but Pierce scowled and set both hands on James shoulders. "you will never go in the chair again... go and get some rest while we wait for our Super Soldier to wake up."

"Cat is already awake." Soldier informed him, looking at Steve. "Breathing patterns have alternated, physical form tensed for 1.34 seconds and heart rate has increased and is now climbing." Pierce chuckled a little. "well then. i suppose it's time we had our little talk with Mr. Rogers then.... if you do not stop humming that infernal song, i will tar and father you." Rumlow, unable to help himself had started humming the theme to 'Mr. Rogers neighborhood.' it got stuck in his head every time someone called Rogers 'Mr. Rogers.' "Sorry...." "We are trying to have a serious conversation here, one with doom and forbidding atmosphere." "i said i was sorry." "how am i supposed to interrogate a victim with you humming that stupid song?!" it couldn't be helped. Soldier giggled, just the once but he was as stony faced as ever when they turned to look at him. they studied him for a moment before Pierce turned his attention to Steve. "never mind them. they're mad." he informed Steve. "they're getting much better though. when we first found the Soldier, he couldn't even smile or talk. he's made impressive progress." he admitted.

"Would you like to know where we found the Soldier?" he asked, his head tilted at Steve. "we found him in a cyro chamber, buried fifty feet beneath the lowest level of an underground bunker, once owned by a Howard Stark. turned over upon his death to whoever was the Director of Shield. now before you protest, i do not believe that Ms. Peggy Carter ever knew of it, because she was never officially the head of shield. she never accepted the position, though she filled the role for many years." he admitted. "one of the the last known people to access the Soldier was one Obediah Stane, who held control of The Soldier for a week only. before that it was a large number of people, including Rumlow here." Rumlow didn't react. "the name used most of all however was one Nicholas Joseph Fury. who, we have come to learn, has been doing some very nasty things. world ending nasty things. things that would have made Hitler flinch." he admitted. "I wonder, when the last time you heard from Bruce Banner was?"

Steve tensed slightly, breath hitching at the mention of the other’s name, but managed to not jerk his head up to stare. For the moment, feeling utterly ready to pass out, in fact he only took a breath when black dots danced in front of his eyes and hwas close to passing out again. He remembered that time. Him and james had ate themselves sick, and then got scolded when tehy went home because his mother had disapproved. And while he didn’t know the voice as well as he had once, he recognized it. There were shadows of the brooklyn boy james had once been, under whatever accent he had now.

Tensing at the fear in james’ voice, he refused to move, to fight to get to james to calm the fear before stirring when he realized the others knew he was up. Raising his head a little as he frowned, studying them all. “....It is better then that ridiculous song that I had to sing once.”Steve said frowning a little as he looked at them all, not quite sure what was going on, but having heard the ‘mr. Rogers’ song from Stark enough that he knew this was a common song to sing in his presence.

“Yes. I would.”he said clearing his throat as he blinked slowly, studying the other, still drugged enough that he was feeling stupid and lost, or maybe that was just the confusion he felt at being at a loss for what was going on. Feeling like he’d been asleep for years again, like he’d lost time again. Staring at the others, he frowned. “No. Peggy wouldn’t.”he frowned looking ready to set his heels down, but not arguing at peirce’s words, staring down. Not quite sure what to think, or how to start the argument. So he’d go along with it. And go from there. “...A few weeks. My team checks in with me every few weeks.”He frowned, before going over what he knew, anger darkening his eyes, because while Tony and him had their issues, well...”Stark. Did he know?”He said sounding angry and pissed that the other might have known about this, and let it happen.

"I wouldn't know. i never watched the old videos." Pierce admitted with a shrug. "All i know is that i'm about to strangle something if he doesn't stop humming that damn song." he admitted, looking entirly too calm. "Don't worry. we had to give you an increased dose. the normal version wouldn't keep Soldier down for very long, so we doubled the dosage that dropped him to keep you down. you'll be sluggish and i'm sure your headache is going to get worse, but you won't be harmed by it." Pierce admitted before nodding. "and Ms. Carter never did, so far as i know. she was a wonderful woman but she wasn't one to go looking for secretes either. she had too much trust in people i think. thought the best of everyone until they did bad. she was noble but she was also very naive. she was also very naive." he admitted before nodding. "That matches then. a few weeks ago, Bruce Banner was transferred from Shield to a secrete government facility. owned by General Ross. i'm sure you can imagine what happened. as for Stark, well. we're not certain. it is, indeed a sad day when it is easier to kidnap a super soldier than it is a man in a tin can." he admitted, making Soldier Scowl.

"Asset can retrieve..." "hush now. While you could, and would likely do so very easily, you could not manage it without being noticed. it will be several days before anyone notices Rogers is missng, this gives us time. it would be hours, at most before someone noticed Stark was gone. we will have our change to get him, likely when he realizes that he cannot check in with his captain, nor can he locate Mr. Banner." Pierce soothed the Soldier who settled at the promise that his skills where not being questioned. "Another reason why we took you first, Mr. Rogers, is that no matter you prove to be a villain or a victim, you will allow us to capture all of your team to question singularly. we are, without a doubt certain that Natalia Romanoff, or rather, Dottie Underwood, is Hydra. in her case, it's a matter of 'can we rewrite her brainwashing'. it took some time to free Rumlow from his own brainwashing and indoctrination you know. it's left him nearly half mad and completely incapable of making any decisions besides whether or not he wants to wear the red shirt or the blue shirt and if he needs a shower or not. there are days when those decisions are even too difficult for him sometimes.Ms. Romanoff has been brainwashed and controlled for many, many years more. it becomes a question of quality of life over recovery." he admitted. "i desperately hope that her growing connections to good, honest, decent people will be enough, but it is impossible to be certain until we have her in our custody."

"It's bad. Rogers." Rumlow suddenly admitted. "You've seen those planes that Fury's building, haven't you? the massive ones. the ones that are going to change the world nd be a new safety net or whatver crap he's spilling? it's not anything more than a way of exterminating everyone and everything he views as a threat. that includes you, Bruce Banner, Natasha, Phil Coulson, even Tony Stark. even if they are on Fury's side, they will be cut down because they are not Loyal. the re not brainwashed until they can't so much as scratch their nose without permission and because of that they cannot be trusted and are a threat to him. we need help and i know you, at least i think i know you. you're a good man. it's because of you that the brainwashing... the controls... the voices inside my head, they started slipping away and let me think for myself for a while. that's how Pierce found me. it's called Schizophrenia. he's helping me with it. it's because they broke my brain into little pieces and now it can't be fit back together properly anymore. i want you to be a good guy, desperatly. i have to be realistic though, you're probobly not."

“Ah. Well, good. At least someone’s not watched them.”Steve muttered, sighing quietly. “Well...no wonder I feel weird...”He muttered, he still feeling sluggish, and he could feel the the headache starting to make his head pound. Relaxing a little at the knowledge that peggy hadn’t known. And he agreed, even with going to war, and knowing what had happened, somehow peggy had retained that ability to always see the best in everyone, instead of seeing everything. “...”Steve stared at the man, tensing, not even fully aware of pulling at his bonds at the knowledge that he was. Growling quietly at the idea of his team being in danger. They were his family, all he had left. He had to protect them.

“....well, that man in the tin can is also one of the world’s leading scientists, not to mention he’s a attention hound. If nothing else, the female population would notice he was missing within hours, and pepper.”Steve said sounding thoughtful, before growling at the idea that he was going to be the lure that got the rest of his team. Because as much as he wanted to protect them, he also knew that they would come for him, because they cared for him to. Paling at the idea natasha being hydra, but he wasn’t quite surprised either. It was just sort of a nasty feeling in his stomach at the idea of it.

Startling a little at Rumlow talking to him, he tilted his head back to look at the other, before nodding slowly. “yes. I have....they’re....he says its for safety, but I can’t understand that. It’s....he’s going to terrify everyone into following him.”Steve said a pinched look on his face as he considered it. Tilting his head as he considered the man, before nodding a little. “...What do you want me to do?”

the room tensed when Steve strained against his restraints, Rumlow and Soldier both pulling out their special non-lethal guns, waiting and ready to shoot him the second he broke free of a single strap, if he did at all. they relaxed only minutely. "Bruce Banner is now safe. we where able to extract him easily enough. Soldier is very good at it." Alexander admitted, "we, ah, might have accidentally caused Mr. Banner to Hulk out, but he's fine now." he promised Steve, aware that Steve wouldn't fully cooperate with them until he knew Bruce was safe. "he's actually quite upset at the levels of dendrotoxin we pumped into you and is refusing to speak to us at the moment. he can be very good at the silent treatment. it's upsetting Soldier very much, he likes Dr. Banner." he admitted with a chuckle when he realized that the Asset had perked up at Dr. Banner's name and was looking around for him.

"That man in a Tin Suit is very likely one of the worlds greatest threats, Hydra or not." Pierce pointed out. "He's lucky that he hasn't blown up the world yet." Pierce said, quite annoyed. "Granted, that bullshit man, what's his name..." "Stern, Sir. Senator Stern." "Yes, him. he's going about it the wrong way of course... but what can you expect from Hydra? they're all morons." he admitted. "it's one of the few reasons why i don't believe Stark is Hydra himself. but that doesn't mean he isn't working with Fury or in the know." he admitted. "If he can truly be trusted then thank god for that because truly, i don't want to think of the alternatives." Pierce admitted, watching Steve closely. "You do understand, do you not, what it is at stake? it's not just the lives of American's, or the lives of your meant. this plan, it will wipe out a third of the entire human population. anyone smart enough, strong enough, wide enough or not human will be culled from humanity forever. mutants, super soldiers, super-humans, superheros, anyone with political power not part of the system, the world leaders government leaders... do you understand Mr. Rogers!? anyone who could be a threat to Hydra's rule will be terminated. anyone who could possibly stand up against Fury will be culled including you and your team. including us. maybe Soldier would survive it, but it wouldn't be much of life. a dancing puppet on strings for Fury's pleasure."

He sighed and leaned back again, sitting in his chair once more, watching Steve. "This has to be stopped at any cost, even doing things find very distasteful, such as kidnapping people."he's not terrifying anyone Mr. Rogers, he is simply committing a mass genocide to ensure that there is no one left to challenge him. i think that if he could he would bur the entire planet and start a new race in his image." Pierce admitted with a sigh before watching Steve Rogers. "we want you to sit in the worlds most advanced lie detector and answer some questions honestly." he admitted. "after that, well we'll see." he admitted, glancing at the doorway as Bruce Banner walked in. he looked like shit. he had been shaved completely bald and ha bruises everywhere, where they had drawn blood, drugged him and then beaten him to see if they could repress the Hulk transformation. he looked skittish and frightened and he was carrying a large metal helmet sort of thing in his hands. "Fixed it..." Bruce mumbled, handing the helmet to Pierce. he didn't even look at Steve, Pierce didn't blame him. after all the vicious things Bruce had gone through, he couldn't let himself hope that Steve hadn't been part of it until he knew for sure. he couldn't take the pain of knowing he had been betrayed more than he already had gone through. "Thank you Dr. Banner." Pierce said, handing it to Rumlow who was quick to start assembling it over Steve's head as Bruce skittered off. "...we only rescued him a few days ago." Pierce explained softly to Steve. he had a feeling it hurt Steve just as much as it hurt Bruce. "He's still... affected, by what those monsters did to him." he admitted. "hell feel better once he knows for sure if you can be trusted or not."

Steve growled low in his throat, annoyed that the restraints were holding, it had been a rare time that he found something that he couldn’t simply muscle his way out of these days. “....I want to talk to him.”He said eyeing Alexander as he considered the idea that Bruce was there, snickering a little. “Good. I feel like you deserve a hulk out.”He muttered before a small smile quirked his lips at the knowledge that Bruce was upset on his behalf, before studying james as he perked up. “...he always did like the smart guys....well, except for howard.”he saiid.

“probably, but it doesn’t change that he’s better on your team, then the other person’s team. He tends to complicate things when he’s not working with you.”Steve said looking amused before wincing, “...Yes....stern is very....”Steve made a face, not quite sure what to call him, or have a good enough word for it. “Ask Banner. Of anyone, Bruce probably knows him best.”Steve said frowning a little, looking up at the other. Staring at the man, before shrugging, as if he didn’t care. Not willing to hand the others more of a weapon to use against him then they already knew about, at least until he understood what was going on. “Humanity was always going to kill itself. The fact that I survived till now, is just sort of a happy accident.”He said studying them, trying to figure out if he was being played yet.

Staring at the man in front of him, he nodded slightly. “Okay. I can do that.”He said even if he didn’t like the idea, before looking up relieved at seeing bruce, smiling slightly, even if he loked lke shit, well...”.....Dr. Banner?”Steve asked quietly, upset the other wouldn’t look at him before sighing, wincing at the idea bruce was scared of him, slumping a little. “....Then let’s get this over with.”he said as he watched bruce leave, before looking at pierce again as rumlow fixed the helmet over his head.

"I am afraid i cannot insist on that. whether Mr. Banner speaks to you is his own choice. you will see him in a few moments, he has agreed to fi something for us." he admitted simply before shrugging. "Perhaps, but i do believe that General Ross deserved it more." he admitted. "he's dead, did you know? Soldier was very upset by the shape of the good Doctor and beat him to a pulp." "Asset removed viable threat." James stated, sounding very proud. "Soldier was very angry that the... ah... what was it he said now...? it was in Russian, i don't speak it well." "....it was some pretty nasty language Sir. i'd rather not repeat it..." of course, Soldier had no problem repeating the filthy words in his 'mother tongue', the Russian slipping from Jame's mouth easily and from the way Rumlow was ringing it wasn't very nice. "...not anatomically possible." Rumlow muttered, making Jams turn and look at him. "it is if you cut it off first." "...ah... right." "...you know, i'm not sure i want to know after all." Pierce admitted before smiling. "it is more likely that Soldier trusts him. Soldier knows Bruce would never subject someone else to what he has been through himself... the Hydra Doctors where... well, lets just say that Dr. Banner and Soldier have much in common." he admitted.

"Being honest here, if Stark is not with Fury or Hydra i will be very, very relieved. the only person Stark ever seams to answer to is you and Ms. Potts..." here he grimaced. "frighteningly, it would appear that Ms. Potts either is either getting cues from Hydra, or is Hydra herself. we have no way of knowing if she is being manipulated or if she is a willing participant but kidnapping her would likely result in Stark blowing us all up. be honest, we all know the only reason that man hasn't gone on a suicidal path of World destruction, world domination or Self implosion is because Ms. Potts has kept him out of depression and has laid a restraining hand on him. You have as well, s we're desperately hoping that, should you prove to not be evil, you might be willing to help us with Mr. Stark. Dr. Banner is... too fragile right now to help with anything. he has to focus on his own mental health right now and it ould be cruel to ask him to assist any more than he already has." he admitted. "Dr Banner, i fear, is too... he does not know who he can trust. he was crushed, when he learned that people he trusted had turned him over to be tortured and experimented on." he admitted, looking very sad. "i don't dare press him for information, he might break and it would be so very unfair to ask more of him. especially when he cannot be sure if Stark was involved or not." he admitted softly before smiling at Bruce. "thank you, Dr. Banner." he said, Bruce hesitating before giving Pierce a pained smile before leaving, Soldier following after him, making unhappy sounds in the back of his throat.

"Very well then." Pierce said, staring at Steve. "the machine now being attached to you is far more than a simple lie detector. i don't begin to understand it but the collective minds of Stark, Coulson, a pair of scientists named Simmons and Fitz, Dr. Ross, Dr. Foster, Dr. Selvig and now Dr. Banner have all worked to make the worlds first, true, Lie detector machine." he admitted. "it takes readings from your brain, your pulse, your heart rate, and a dozen other things. it's not something i actually understand." he admitted. "so. you simply answer yes, or no. you can of course ask for clarification or admit that you do not know the answer. i cannot force you to answer and if you don't know. you don't know you may also clarify an answer if you feel you need to. now then... let's begin." he turned to look at Rumlow who looked over a piece of paper.

"Have you ever been part of Hydra? have you every sympathized with Hydra? have you ever felt that Hydra was right in it's policies?" he paused between each question, giving Steve plenty of time to answer. "Where you aware of Hydra's continued existence after being woken from the ice? where you aware that one Soldier, Asset, Bucky, James Barnes was alive? where you aware of Director Fury's involvement with Hydra? where you aware of Director Fury's plans for World Domination?" Rumlow asked, glancing at Steve before continuing. "Where you aware of the use of brainwashing to control certain Agents. where you aware of mental re-calibration programs. where you aware that Fury had Banner transferred. where you aware that Banner was missing. where you aware that Howard Stark was one of the heads of Hydra? Do you know if Tony Stark is Hydra? do you know if Tony Stark is in the know? Do you know if Tony Stark is a threat to the safety of the world? Do you know if Clint Barton is Hydra? do you know if Clint Barton is aware of Fury's plans for world domination? Do you know if Thor is on earth? do you know if Thor is a threat to the human population? where you aware that Loki was a victim? If you where faced with Loki right now, would you attack him?" Rumlow had to pause now to take some gulps of water and Soldier had returned by now and thrust a cup of water to Steve, the straw in it poking him in the nose. "that's all of them Sir." Rumlow informed Pierce who nodded,looking up from the tablet that he had been studying intently and handed it to Rumlow who examined the list of questions and answers. both where recorded and where green for a truthful answer or red for a false one. it would be up to them to determine if any 'explanations' made up for a red answer. or a green, depending. either way, this would go a long way to letting them know if they could let Steve free of his bonds.

“I am sure the general did.”Ross agreed frowning a little, before shaking his head. “No, I didn’t know, but I do not regret that he is.”He said before snorting a little, he knew a little bit of russian, enough to know that it was very very filthy whatever james had said. “......yes...I could see how that would form a bond.”he said looking a little pale at the idea though.

“Yes....but if Ms. Potts is, he doesn’t listen to her nearly as much as he used to. And well....I don’t know. I have no idea if they are or not.”He said looking very upset at the idea that either tony or pepper would be hydra, swallowing thickly. “I’ll help you...not because you want me to. But if Tony isn’t hydra, he needs someone.”Tony frowned as he considered that, wincing a little. “Yes...it’s not a good idea to press him for information then...”He muttered looking pale and pained at the idea of bruce being betrayed like that as he settled in to answer questions, frowning a little as he considered how he could answer before nodding.”okay.”he muttered

“No. No. No. Maybe, though I suspected some form of it might. I mean, it was bigger then just Red Skull, sorta made sense, but no I didn’t know.”Steve frowned a little. “No!”He growled sounding angry that he could have known james was alive without going after him, before sighing, forcing himself to calm. “No, no-well, yes sort of. I mean, I knew Fury was up to something with those stupid boats....”He sighed before shaking his head. “No, I wasn’t aware...no...no....I don’t know if Tony is...No, I don’t think Tony is. Otherwise at least, there’d be a huge hole in the ground from him blowing shit up if he knew....I don’t know if barton is. No, I don’t...thor’s on world visiting Jane....thor isn’t a threat I don’t think....and...”He frowned thinking. “If there was a good reason loki was here, then no, I probably wouldn’t attack him without asking first.”he said frowning as he settled in to see how they’d react.

"Yes indeed." he agreed, watching Steve. it was impossible to know if the man could be trusted. "Stark isn't listening to Potts anymore?" Pierce asked, looking stunned before leaning forward, curious and cautious, worried. "Do you know why?" he wondered before nodding. "Stark need serious help." he admitted softly. "our specialists think there's something wrong with his brain." he admitted. "some sort of psychosis or mental damage, he needs help and out of everyone in th world i think that only you could get him to get the help he needs, if he isn't listening to Potts." Pierce admitted before nodding. "i'm glad you understand. should you prove to be trustworthy i think Dr. Banner will be happy. he doesn't want to believe the worst of you but this isn't the first time he's been betrayed." he admitted. "Dr. Banner more than anyone, needs to keep himself closed in because he can't handle being betrayed again. this last time nearly shattered him beyond repair." he admitted. "being able to honestly trust you will really help him, i think."

"very good." Pierce finally said. "Final questions. do you have any plans to join Hydra? are you in any way loyal to Hydra?" he asked, watching Steve. one Steve said no to both Rumlow started removing the metal shackles that had kept Steve trapped and was moving the helmet up. "i do have one last question for you.' he admitted. "as you know Ms. Romanoff the best. do you think there is any hope for her? she has been indoctrinated for a very long time. since the nineteen forties at the least. she's almost as old, if not older than you. being as she doesn't have any birth records it's impossible to know how old she really is, but we do know that Peggy Carter encountered an adult 'Dottie Underwood' in the nineteen fifties and she was at least twenty years old at that time." he admitted. "we know that Dottie Underwood is the current Natasha Romanoff due to medical files and hacked computer systems and a few blood comparison tests." he admitted as he sat down in the chair and pulled the helmet down and Rumlow handed Steve the Tablet.

"It records the questions and the answers automatically. there is a three second delay and then it will either go green or red." Rumlow explained. "don't ask personal questions." he ordered. "Trust is important at this point, Mr. Rogers. ask of me what you will or go by the list it doesn't matter. whatever makes you feel more comfortable with me." he admitted. "i do reserve the right to refuse to answer if you get off topic however. ah, Dr, Banner." he watched Bruce come over. he was wearing a very light robe made of silk, which didn't aggravate all his wounds. "I'm glad you didn't... you weren't..." Bruce swallowed thickly. "i'm glad your here." he admitted, leaning against Steve because he was a touchy sort of person and liked physical contact. Pierce was smiling softly, glad to see Bruce was feeling better. "So. your questions Captain."

“Uh-huh. Apparently sex and having a babysitter doesn’t sound as appealing at 35 as it did at 14.”Steve made a face, well aware that that wasn’t all on the subjct, that whatever had happened between tony and pepper was more then that, but the man never admitted to anything. “...I wouldn’t be surprised if there was.”Steve frowned a little before nodding. “I understand.”A flicker of hurt. “As it’s upsetting...yes...I can understand.”He sighed softly, worried about bruce.

“No, and no.”He said making a face and looking relieved as the other undid his bonds, thinking about it as he frowned. “I don’t know. I...truly don’t.”He thought about what he knew. “I don’t think she’s beyond help....she’s loyal to Clint. And to phil. Convince them....you might have a chance with her.”he said frowning a little. Startling a little as rumlow handed him the tablet, frowning as he considered what he wanted to ask. Looking up at bruce for a long moment, before smiling at him. “I’m glad to see you to.”He said shifting to wrap a arm around the slender frame, tucking the smaller man in against his side much like he’d done to tony over the months he’d been looking after the genius.

“.....How long have you had james?Did you cause this?Who started this originally with him? And will you kill tony if you can’t save him?”He asked rapidly, looking upset that the questions tumbling out his mouth weren’t quite the ones he’d meant to say.

He blinked at Steve for a moment and then. "you think they broke up?... it would explain a few of his more erratic behaviors as of late..." he admitted. "in any case, i won't bother asking him, that's a bit too personal to encroach on for my tastes. should he prove to be not a threat i'll leave it to his friends to find out that information." he admitted. "it is quite upsetting, but i know you won't hold it against him." he admitted, smiling at Steve before nodding. "well, we have to speak to them anyway, we can kidnap them before we kidnap Ms. Romanoff... if we can anyway. i'm not so sure of our skills and we can't be certain that Soldier would be able to restrain himself against a familiar face. he has made impressive recoveries but i don't dare try t push him that hard." he admitted before settling into the chair. Bruce smiled, glad that Steve was still happy to be affectionate. they all blinked at Steve for a moment and then Pierce begane speaking.

"We've had Soldier for about... a month and a half i think. about six weeks." he stated, the answer turning green. "I did not understand what your asking. did i cause what?" he asked, frowning a little. "i have no plans to kill Stark and there's no need to kill him when a high security prison would hold him just as easily, or if the situation calls for it, a high security mental hospital." he admitted. "as for who started this originally, i'm assuming with James..." here he hesitated and then. "i'm not sure i should say. i'm... i was under the impression that..." here he sighed. "One Dr. Arnim Zola and Howard Stark are credited with the process of wiping the Soldier's memories and the training that has now turned him into what he is..." and the answer turned green and Pierce was watching Steve, wary and worried about his reaction.

“Yes. At least, that’s what Tony said when I asked him why he was acting out.”Steve shrugged a little, because he’d asked, but he hadn’t pressed when it was obvious that the man was getting more upset the more he asked. “ Frowning a little as he nodded. “If we talk to them first, send Clint after her. Natasha might break James’ face in, but she wont harm Clint. At least, I don’t think he will.”He frowned. “I think she loves him as much as she’s able. Let him talk to her.”He offered smiling a little as bruce smiled, relieved the that the other had accepted it.

“...this. James. This, whatever was done to him.”He said frowning as he considered it, before looking relieved with the knowledge that tony wasn’t going to be killed. That made something tight and achy in his chest relax, before frowning. Staring at the other, “....Do you have a gym here?”He asked, sounding stressed and moments away from lashing out, but wanting away from the other before he did. Before pausing, looking at pierce. “Even if he’s hydra, you just admitted to having the best weapon to getting tony to do whatever you want. He’ll destroy Hydra just to piss Howard’s ghost off.”

He nodded. "well, it could have been the truth but it's likely that he's lying as well. f only to save himself the emotions." he admitted. "that sounds like a decent plan." he agreed. "might be that we'll have you go and get Mr. Stark." he admitted. "he would likely return with you without fuss, providing he isn't Hydra at any rate." he admitted. "and i agree with your assessment. if Clint Barton proves to be trustworthy he would likely be the best to bring her in as well." he admitted. "no. i have done nothing to James." he promised. "it took him a while to get used to it. not being punished i mean." he admitted. "it took longer to get him used to eating solid food. he has this weird obsession with pancakes." he admitted. "he likes Commander Rumlows the best." he admitted with a smile. "Yes, we have a Gym, it should even be able to hold up to you, somewhat." he admitted before blinking a little. "i don't understand. what does Howard have to do with... oh." he blinked a little and then. "i always figured Stark was Hydra because Howard was. your saying that if, if, he's Hydra, it's because he thinks Howard wasn't?" he shook his head.

"well, we don't know much about Stark's relationship with his father but i think we've all heard the rumors." he admitted. "Bruce? would you mind taking Captain Rogers tot eh Gym? Soldier should be there as well. he gets fussy this time of day." "sure. come on Steve."Bruce offered with a smile. "James i mean, Soldier gets hyper this time of day so he'll be there too. try not o aggravate him too much okay?" he asked with a smile. "he might punch you in the face and then we'll have to punish him because he's not allowed to do that and he'll sulk for hours after we make him stand in the corner. he hates it. and Pierce hates making him do it. the man is a tender heart, hardly cut out for this sort of thing but i think that's why Rumlow is so damn loyal to him... i'm sorry i didn't trust you by the way but..." Bruce swallowed hard. "someone signed off on my transfer and... and i was so terrified it was you..." he admitted softly, rubbing his still bald head.

”That was my thoughts. A sarcastic answer in favor of telling me whatever really happened.”Steve sighed a little before nodding. “Likely. We’ll see...”He said frowning a little before nodding. “Yes, clint would be your best idea.”He said before looking rleieved a little that james wasn’t in the hands of the people who had done this to him originally. As bad as it was, it was also sorta okay, it seemed they really were trying to look after james again. Snorting a little. “He’s never had them....well. At least not alot. We rarely had the money to afford making them.”Steve said shrugging a little before smirking slightly. “If Tony is knowingly hydra, he’s doing it to piss all over Howard’s legacy because he thinks howard wasn’t hydra. If you tell him definitely howard was hydra, you can probably convince him to abandon it. Though it his possible he’s hydra, I wouldn’t count on it. He’s likely oblivious to them using him, he’s a genius, but sorta stupid about people. I doubt he’s figured out hydra’s alive and well.”He hoped anyways.

“Yes, those rumors.”Steve muttered looking a little disgusted before looking at bruce, smiling a little. “I’d apperciate it if you could.”he said smiling a little as he stood, nodding a little. “I’ll try not to annoy him to much. Though it’s never worked in the past. No matter what I did, I sorta annoyed james most of the time.”Cuse he was always such a reckless little shit. “....it’s okay. I mean....it hurt...but I understand.”He said smiling at bruce a little, before frowning thinking on it. “If I had to guess, I’d bet on Maria signing off on it.”He said, because even if he was still a little leery about their whole hydra is still alive problem, of the people who could have done it, maria was the only one he always had a bad feeling around.

"I don't know Mr. Stark enough to have a conclusive opinion on him, but from what i understand it's likely. not even Bruce knows Mr. Stark as well as you do." he admitted. "we'll be bringing Phil in next. if only because I... well he's my friend and i have to know." Piervce admitted, something akin to pain crossing his features. "i want to believe the best of him, i do but he is very loyal to Fury." he admitted. "i have to know for certain and it will be very easy to bring him here." he admitted. "he trusts me, as much as it hurts to say." he admitted before blinking a little at Steve. "Mr. Rogers. you have to understand. until we where able to collect him, he hadn't had any solid food at all for nearly seventy years. he was living off of an entirely liquid diet. one that was not nutritionally complete. the reason why we give him pancakes is because his weakened stomach can digest them." he admitted. "he turns his nose up to nearly everything else, waffles don't move him, he hates apple sauce, he won't even attempt to try bananas... in reality Soldier is nothing more than a small child with a grand appreciation for guns." he admitted. "and the only thing he will eat are pancakes and when we can talk him into it, pediasure and other nutritional shakes." he admitted. "This is the first time he's ever offered any hint of a memory from his past life. i think you being here will be very good for him." he admitted with a smile before grimacing. "as a warning... he'll... probobly never fully recover. but he will get better."

"I didn't know that about Stark." Pierce admitted. "he seams so, well. good with people." he admitted, blinking a little. "but i do hope your right. in the last years Stark has done more to help the human race than the entire civilized society in the last fifty years combined... the last thing i want to do is have to put him in prison or something." he admitted with a grimace. "well. whether the rumors are true or not, it doesn't mean much." Pierce admitted. "feel free to wander as you please. just be careful of the labs. the people there can be touchy." he admitted. "and don't go into Soldiers room unless you want the snot beaten out of you." he admitted. "he's oddly territorial. haven't figured out why yet."

"just don't get in his way while he's hitting the bags and don't go in his room and you'll be fine." Bruce paused, glanced around and dropped his voice to a whisper. "James hid a cat in there and Pierce doesn't know yet." he admitted, looking amused. it was hard sometimes to remember that sweet Bruce was one of Tony's best friends. then Bruce would get that shit eating grin and porn would start popping up everywhere or someone got covered in glitter shaped like dicks and you realized why Bruce was such good friends with Tony. "...well i know for a fact Fury was involved." Bruce admitted softly. "but it would hve taken more than one signature to have me transferred so it had to be you, Coulson or Hill." he admitted with a violent shudder. "i don't think i could take it if it was Coulson..." Bruce admitted, tears springing into his eyes. "Sorry... i'm... they did things. in my brain." he explained to Steve. "i can't control my emotions very well right now." he admitted before stepping through a door into a massive Gym. "The red ones are fireproof, the blue ones are for the poor normal folk and the yellow ones are for Hulk, Soldier and You." he admitted with a chuckle, indicating where James was beating the shit out of a yellow bag that was holding up very well against the metal arm. "we're hoping Tony's not... you know... evil, so he can take a look at Soldier's arm. i did my best but i'm not as good with Tech. i can re-wire the parts that hook into the nerves, so he's not in as much pain, but i can't do anything about the arm itself." he admitted. "it's one of the reasons we picked you up first. so we could get to Tony. Pierce is very protective of Soldier." he admitted, James turning to watch them, chest heaving, head tilted. working himself out like Steve did. "He's doing everything he can to make Solder as healthy, an happy as possible." he admitted. "I think he feels guilty for not realizing Soldier was down there sooner." he admitted before smiling at the man. "It's fine Soldier, go back to your workout." he said, James nodding, offering Bruce a grin before returning to beating the snot out of his yellow bag.

“I....I don’t know about coulson. I don’t....I see him, but he’s a fanboy, everyone sorta acts like he does around me, so I can’t get a good reading.”he said frowning a little, because it would kill a part of him to coulson be hydra, and he hadn’t known him nearly as long as peirce had. “.....”Steve stared, swallowing thickly at the idea of james eating only that, biting his lip a little. “You know....we thought going to war...coming home, we’d have better food, able to eat better then when we were kids....seems it didn’t happen for either of us.”He shuddered a little. Wincing a little before nodding. “I’m not who I was either, to long on ice....but we’ll....we’ll figure out a live now.”He sighed quietly.

“Women, yes. People who actually don’t want in his pants or wallet, not really. Pepper stays with him always not because she’s obsessive about him like everyone thinks, but mostly cause he sometimes needs a translator for people’s actions, his or theirs.”He snickered a little as he considered tony, nodding a little.”Thanks.”he said following bruce out.

“I wont.”He promised, not about to force himself on james if he didn’t want him around, before snorting. “He always did have a thing for cats. Always tried to tote them around with the commandos.”He snorted a little, before shivering a little. “I don’t want it to be coulson.”He said his voice soft and pained, before reaching up, tucking the smaller man under a muscled arm, “I know. It’s okay Bruce. We’ll get tony here soon enough, and just consider the antics he’ll get up to. You know how he is about everyone knowing secrets that he doesn’t?He’s going to have conniptions.”He said giggling a little. Looking around the gym he nodded, “That’s awesome...”He muttered before wincing a little at the idea of the arm not being good enough. “We’ll get tony soon. For his own good, and for james.”he agreed before watching james work out, a small sad smile on his face.

Pierce chuckled a little. "You where his hero, when he was a child. Phil's father was... not the best, so he'd loose himself in the Comics. you gave him hope but it's stuck with him for so long h can't control himself around you." he admitted with a smile. "honestly, your lucky he hasn't offered himself to you. i thin the only reason he hasn't is because he has a thing for Clint... if they have a relationship it's a secrete." he admitted. "but considering fraternization is against Shield rules they would have to keep it a secrete." he admitted. "i'm hoping to god that Phil isn't Hydra, because if he is then there's no doubt Barton is as well... and with those three as Hydra any chance we have at saving Ms Romanoff goes down the drain. I can't blame her for her actions anymore than i can blame Soldier for his." he admitted, looking at Steve. "But if Phil and Barton are Hydra, then she would never have any reason to change her loyalties." he admitted softly before looking at Steve, concerned.

"Have you not been eating well Mr. Rogers? we have more than enough food, be sure to eat if you get hungry." he ordered. "Rumlows pancakes are full of all the vitamins and nutrition you'll need and he's always happy to make them so feel free to ask him for some." he ordered. "if i find out you've collapsed because of malnutrition i'm going to be very pissed." he warned before smiling. "i think Soldier is happy, as happy as he can be anyway. i think having you here will make both of you happier." he admitted before looking sad. "Mr. Stark doesn't know how to handle people who genuinely like him? that's so... lonely." he admitted. "i can only hope that Ms. Potts isn't Hydra herself. if we're lucky we can take her after we take Tony. or perhaps at the same time." he muttered. "keep them in separate rooms until they've both been extensively questioned." he muttered. "i don't want to take someone away from Mr. Stark, especially since he seams to depend on her so much, but if she's Hydra she has to go to the prison. we can't risk one of them finding out or all of Hydra will shut down and close ranks and we'll loose our chances."

"He has more than a 'thing' for cats. Rumlow and Pierce where gearing up for a major fight and Rumlow gave Soldier and kitten and he spent an entire day fussing over the kitten and didn't even twitch when Rumlow and Pierce started screaming at each other. which is saying a lot because apparently when Soldier first came he'd beat up anyone who even scowled at Rumlow or Pierce." he admitted with a chuckle. "thank god he doesn't do that anymore.... i was glaring at them a lot the last few days. i didn't like the way they where going to capture you..." he admitted, shrugging a little. "you weren't hurt too bad though so... so i guess i can forgive them. they couldn't agree on how to bring you in either anyway so..." he shrugged again. "i don't want it to be Coulson either... but you have to admit his... his pretending to be dead is... suspicious." Bruce admitted softly. "an there are things that Agent has been... involved in recently that... that just..." he shook his head. "things aren't adding up Steve and i think you should prepare yourself for the worst." he admitted softly before smiling a little. "it would be great to have Tony here." he admitted. "i can't wait to see his reaction when Rumlow starts arguing with himself." he chuckled a little. "i'm going to go sit down. i get tired." he admitted, heading over to a sitting area to watch while Jams moved over to Steve, looking much less anxious as he indicated the bag, offering Steve to take a turn before he headed over to a yellow painted treadmill and went for a good long jog.

“Ah...yes. That makes sense.”Steve smiled a little before wincing, “Yes....Him and clint are....something. If they’re not together, they’re probably gearing up to it. It’s weird watching them together.”Steve made a face, because it was probably something close to how him and james had been in the 40s. “We’ll see.”Steve swallowed thickly, worried that they wouldn’t be able to save them, but hopefully they would.

“....shield....well, maybe hydra, said I had a limit of food a day....except I was always hungry.”Steve said shrugging a little, frowning slightly before nodding. “I’ll ask him for some pancakes.”He said looking a little relieved that he could get as much food as he wanted, at least he hoped that the other was telling the truth about that, though he had no reason to doubt it. “Good...”Steve smiled a little at the idea of James being happy before wincing. “Yes...he really doesn’t. So if we do manage to get him here, you’re going to have to tell everyone not to take everything he says at face value, he sorta runs his mouth when he’s upset and nervous. Bullshit he doesn’t mean usually comes out when he’s upset.”Steve shrugged a little before swallowing hard. “We’ll see about getting pepper to.”He said smiling a little.

“Seriously?Yes...that’s worse then before. Amusing though.”Steve smiled a little at the idea that james had something to take care of, and that was just cute. Not that he’d ever admit to finding it cute. “Well, I wasn’t overly pleased at being shot either, but it’s already healing.”Steve made a face before nodding, looking sad. “Indeed....I don’t know....we’ll just have to find out.”he said looking pale at the idea before nodding. “Go rest.”he ordered before smiling as he headed for the bag, starting to work out, and it was definitely good to beating the shit out of something that could hold up to him.

He nodded. "yes. but even if Phil proves to be Hydra we'll question Clint as well. no one will go to our Prison without being questioned first." he promised. "we don't want to detain innocents after all. especially if they can help, or are willing to help. either or." he admitted. "we don't have anyone down there yet though, everyone we've questions so far answered most of the questions appropriately." he admitted. "there are a few that are being watched of course, but no one who is a direct threat or part of Hydra." he admitted before scowling a little. "They said you had a LIMIT?!" he snarled, looking very annoyed. "Those filthy bastards! you report to the kitchen as soon as you've worked out all that rage!" Pierce ordered. "i mean it Rogers! as soon as your done you get your ass into the kitchen! RUMLOW! GET THE GRIDDLE GOING! WE HAVE A SUPER SOLDIER TO FEED!" "Sir yes Sir!" "we'll spread the word. a lot of people here are... well, i don't want to call them special needs but Bruce has Bruce has somatosensory deprivation and is smarter than everyone else, Rumlow is Schizophrenic, Soldier has the mind of a homicidal toddler and that's just the three people you know about." he pointed out. "i think Tony Stark will fit in just fine here."

"Pretty amusing yeah." Bruce admitted with a smile. "still it's a good way to help him calm down when he, you know... reverts a bit." he admitted. "sometimes he forgets who he is, or where, or who we are and giving him a cat can help sooth him until he remembers." he admitted before he snorted. "well... being honest. Soldier just wanted to pop a bullet in your head." he admitted, James turning to face Steve and he aimed his hand into the shape of a gun and made a clicking noise with his tongue as if he was shooting Steve in the head with his head, flashing him a wink before returning to his workout. "he's a little bit of a shit." Bruce admitted with a chuckle before settling into a chair to rest with his tablet. by the time James had finished Bruce was sleeping and James gathered the sleeping scientist into his arms and carried him off to bed while Rumlow showed up. "Boss says you have to come eat or he'll let Soldier shoot you and then we'll force feed your cold dead body... i don't think he's joking. it's hard to tell sometimes."

“Good.”Steve muttered looking pleased with the knowledge that the other would make sure that they talked to everyone individually. “...Yes...I had three meals a day, though said it was more like six meals considering how much I did eat...”he said sighing a little, because well, he should have eaten even more then that. He should have been eating nearly constantly with how much he moved and excerised. Looking startled at peirce’s words, he stared at the man before nodding. Glad that they’d make sure tony fit in here.

“Yea, I can see that. I’m glad he has that.”he smiled a little. “....He always was a little shit. Glad to know some things never change.”Steve said huffing a little as he loked at the other super soldier. Looking amused as he slowed his workout, by the time rumlow showed up he was finishing up his cool down, before looking at rumlow. “Really?”He said before sighing. “Let’s go get some food then.”He said his stomach growling at the mention.

Pierce smiled a little. "that's not nearly enough food. Soldier eats about six to eight times a day." he admitted. "and his stomach is so shrunk he can barely eat at all so i know that you need much more than that. you'll eat what you need." he ordered. "we have plenty of money to afford it." he promised. "you eat until your full and if anyone gives you any slack you send them to me." he ordered.

"yeah, he's a little shit." Bruce admitted, rolling his eyes. "he was upset that i was upset and decided you where the best person to kill to make me feel better." Bruce admitted with a chuckle. he was so deeply asleep that he didn't even twitch when James picked him up. something Bruce normally only did for Tony and Steve. if Clint, Natasha or even Coulson had tried that he would have woken up in an instant. it was good to know how much Bruce trusted James. "yeah. i'm starved." Rumlow admitted. "i made about a thousand pancakes, but i can make some more. they're super full of all kinds of things." he admitted. "we had to find a way to pack as much nutrition as we could into them, for Soldier." he admitted. "i'm surprised you haven't asked about that, you know. it was one of the first things Bruce asked s about." he admitted, blinking at Steve. "about why we call him Soldier, instead of James i mean." "it's likely because Steve already knows." Pierce admitted, flipping bacon on the griddle and cracking some eggs as well. a full carton of eighteen eggs where soon bubbling away next to four packs of bacon and a pile of hash-browns so large it was in a serving bowl instead of a platter. Bruce was yawning as he waled in, James settling into his own seat, wet. just out of the shower most like. "You'll be seen by a competent Doctor, Mr. Rogers, after your meal and a shower. i want to be sure that the idiocy of... those people, have not left you malnourished or lacking in any way." he admitted. "Soldier. take your pills. you too Brock." he ordered, Brock and James both sighing but obediently cracking open pull bottles. James was a common multivitamin. Brocks was in a little orange pill bottle, likely for his schizophrenia.

“....Oh. That sounds good. And definitely more then I’ve eaten since I was staying at the tower....”Steve said looking eager to be able to simply indulge and eat as much as he wanted. Because the only times he’d ever gotten to eat as much as he wanted, was when he was with tony, because even if tony was a finicky and picky eater and rarely ate all the food sitting in front of him, Tony was well aware of how much Steve needed to eat, and made sure he got food, made sure that for once, his fridge was stocked with food for whenever Steve stayed with him. “....”steve blinked at rumlow slowly, raising a eyebrow as he walked in, settling at the table. “Because he wont respond to James. It’s not...a name he knows really anymore. He’s been the Soldier longer then he’s been James.”Steve said shrugging a little as he settled in and started to eat, “As long as you promise they wont be another Stark, that’s fine.”Ahd the vile annoyance and anger in that name said he meant the elder stark instead of the younger, because his voice alwyas had a soft fondness to it when he talked about tony.

"Mr. Stark kept you well fed then?" he asked, glad that Tony at least wasn't letting poor Captain Rogers Starve. it said good things about Tony even if he was Hydra. "oh... Brock blinked at Steve and then nodded. "yeah. sorry i forget how smart you are sometimes." he admitted. "stupid of me really." he admitted with a chuckle. "it's not really my fault though. you just seam so simple... that didn't come out right..." "Stark? has Mr Sta... oh. you where talking about Howard." Pierce muttered, frowning a little. "that man did something to you?" he asked, worried about Steve. "is it something that needs to be fixed at all?" he asked. "ah. before i forget. i promised Doctor Banner and i will promise you as well. no one here will experiment wit your blood, DNA or the Serums that you carry without your explicit permission. anyone caught doing so will be very harshly punished." he assured Steve. "Dr. Banner informed me it would likely be something you would become concerned with." Pierce admitted, setting a plate in front of Bruce who grumbled but started eating, easily staving off James attempts at stealing his pancakes, like it was a game of 'swordplay' only with forks. it was kind of cute and Rumlow snorted, handing James a plate of pancakes before he started getting upset. "So...." Pierce said once they all had food. "...i was hoping, Captain Rogers, that you might be willing to, ah, place yourself in charge of the following, ah... missions." he admitted. "he wants you to kidnap your own teammates so they'll be more willing to cooperate and be less likely to cause injure to themselves or others." Rumlow informed Steve with a grin. "Pierce is a great man with paper and the like, but he's a tender heart, old-" "hey!" "-and has never gone in the field a day in his life. the only reason we where able to capture you is because Soldier did most of the planning. you know. after we kept turning down the more lethal options. he sulked for a while after that."

Back
Top Bottom