Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be Known, the Truth-(Marvel) Lady/Fox

"Coffee." Tony moaned again. he wasn't actually awake, he was just responding to the word 'Coffee'. James just nodded and finished making the coffee and sat next to Steve. waiting. "we only just started." Pierce admitted, watching James Rhodes intently. "he's not putting up much of a fuss, so we're taking that as a good sign." he admitted. "there is very little reason to believe that he's Hydra, but we have to be sure." he admitted, watching Rhodey answering the questions. several of them left him confused, and the lie detector was skittering all over the place and Pierce winced a little every time it did so. "it's not good." he mumbled, glancing at Steve. "General Rhodes has been in the Chair." he admitted. "both James and Rumlow had similar test results." he explained. "the machine reacts to the altered brainwave patterns. we'll have to get him to Bruce to be one hundred percent certain, but i do believe that General Rhodes has had his memories wiped on a selective basis multiple times." he admitted. "meaning he is a part of Hydra, and he doesn't even realize it." he admitted softly. "he's going to need a lot of therapy when the wipings start to unravel." he admitted.

Steve frowned as he watched the questioning, leaning against the wall for a moment as he considered what he was hearing. Nodding slightly. “Good. Don’t think tony can deal with it if he was hydra.”Steve frowned before paling with each skittering move, glancing at pierce to see what it meant. “Oh....that’s....bad. But it’s not as bad as it could have been.”He looked shaky, swallowing thickly. “He....he probably found out he was. I mean. Hydra....probably why he was wiped....”Steve swallowed hard. “I better go tell Tony...”

"No. i don't think he could either." Pierce admitted with a sigh and a shake of his head. "it is quite bad but i think that we can all come through this with minimal aches and pains." he admitted. "i hope." he looked at the other. "i am almost certain that General Rhodes has discovered Hydra, or at least crimes, many, many times and like the noble fool he is approached all the wrong people about it." he admitted, looking sympathetic. "i can imagine they used his desire to do what is right and what is best and what is legal against him." he admitted, shaking his head before smiling at Steve, gently squeezing his shoulder. "it will all work out. i'm sure." he hoped. Tony was still in the kitchen, though, thankfully he had crawled out of the cupboard and was sipping at coffee and babbling at James about science.

“Yea. Let’s hope some of those bruises and pains don’t come from Iron Man’s repulsors.”He muttered, only half kidding about the violent reaction he was expecting when Tony discovered how hurt his friend was. Snorting slightly as he nodded, “Yes He is a noble fool, I can see him doing that.”He said smiling fondly before looking at the other. “Yes....me to.”He muttered smiling as he looked at the two. Grinning as he bent down to scoop up monster who’d come to investigate where Little was, he settled the cat in his lap before rolling his eyes a little. “Tones, do you ever shut up?”He teased lightly.

"i'm sure he won't hurt us. we might have to be careful about making sure he doesn't go after Senator Stern or General Rhodes other bosses, but i think you and James should be able to manage that." he admitted. "all of us are noble fools. it's why we get used and abused so easily." he sighed. "Yes, as a matter of fact i do sometimes. when i get laryngitis." Tony stated simply. poor Tony got it every single year. "Bug talks in his sleep." James informed them, making Tony smirk. "yes i do." he admitted happily, gulping down his coffee and holding his cup out for James to refill, James looking delighted to pour the liquid into the cup.

"True...and I'll give that task to james. He'll be glad to have a mission to stop tony from doing something."steve looked amused at the idea before snickering at tony's response."true, and you are almost cute and cuddly when your sick. You look like a kid."he teased before snorting."he does. He even answers questions if you ask him stuff while he's asleep."he smirked a little before sighing, growing serious."hey tony..."

"James will enjoy being able to help. i'm afraid he's been getting rather frustrated without any 'real missions' to entertain him. he's not used to being awake or so ong with nothing to do." he admitted.

Tony scowled at him because he knew it was true. when he was sick, he turned into a limpet. too miserable to be scared of hugs and such. "i do not!" he huffed, sulking before blinking. "do i really?" he asked, looking curious. "yeah Steve?" he asked, looking nervous now. Steve didn't usually ask things lie that so he as a bit worried about what Steve wanted. he wasn't going to like it, he was sure of that.

"You are. A total limpet."steve snickered before smirking ay him."oh yea. Intersting answers really. Your truthful when your asleep. About things you'd lie about normally."though steve hadn't asked to personal questions, just some he knew tony gave different answers to if he was aware. Fidgeting he sighed quiwtly."well tony....we had Rhodey come in....and he's been...hurt. by hydra. He works for them, but not willingly...its..."he flicked a glance at james, and it was obvious even if he couldn't find the words what kind of working for Rhodes had been through.

"am not..." Tony protested, sulking because he knew in another few days he was going to be sick as a dog, he could already feel the itching in his throat. "....what did you ask me!?" he demanded, flushing hard. "Steve! that's cheating!" he whined, pouting a little before going still and stared at Steve. "Rhodey was hurt?" he asked, focusing on the important part. "those bastards hurt Rhodey!?" he demanded before he was out of his chair and racing for Bruce's lab where Bruce was gently explaining to Rhodey that he had been used, that his memories had been selectively erased or altered. he paused only when Tony burst in, looking frantic and worried before continuing, Rhodey looking amused at Tony and let Tony fuss over him with good humor. actually feeling better about everything with Tony there.

“Are to.”Steve said smirking a little at the other’s words, tilting his head as tony flushed “Oh, I don’t think I should tell you. And it’s not cheating. It’s winning sneakily.”He said smirking slightly before wincing. Nodding a little .”Yes, they did.”He said watching the other go before sighing. Following after with Monster tucked in his arms as he watched rhodey get fussed over. “Hey, Rhodey. Good to see you, even if I wish under better circumstances.”

"No! Steve you have to tell me! you cheated! it's not fair!" he complained, sulking at the other before racing off to get to Rhodey, James following Steve and scowling when he saw Tony fussing over Rhodey. "Soldier doesn't like the Pest..." he said, glaring at Rhodey who just looked baffled, Bruce hiding a laugh. "pest, is his word for anyone he thinks is annoying." "i haven't even talked to him yet!" "he doesn't like the way Tony is paying attention to you, that's all." "he's jealous?" "of course." "well it makes sense, everyone loves Tony." Rhodey agreed with a smile at Tony because they where brothers more than anything else.

“I did not. And they weren’t to personal questions. Just interesting ones.”Steve said smirking a little. Snorting slightly at James’ words, “Yea, he is a pest isn’t he?”Steve agreed looking amused as he smiled at Rhodey, a little put out that tony was paying attention to rhodey himself, even if he knew why the other was, and that rhodey did need looked after.

"Well i don't like it." Tony huffed. "it's cheating, it shouldn't be allowed." he grumbled. "Pest." James growled unhappily, snuggling Little. "Tony. seriously. i'm fine." Rhodey promised. "Bruce said he can kick start the memory recollection process. i'll need cuddles when i actually start remembering but i'm rather dulled to it right now." he admitted, shaking his head. "Go play with your boys and let me nap, i'm exhausted. i was up all night doing paperwork." he admitted with a yawn.

“Fine, I wont do it anymore.”He promised. Smiling slightly at rhodey. “It’s good to know you’re doing okay right now. And we’ll be here when you start remembering we’re all being a little clingy right now.”Steve said offering a small smile before looking startled at being called Tony’s boys. Looking confused at that. Surely tony didn’t want them both. Though steve was attracted to both tony and james, and bruce could said he could have them both, he was still twisting himself up with guilt at wanting them, 1940s standards messing with him,despite how well he'd adjusted to being in this century.

"Good!" Tony grumbled, sulking because there where secretes he didn't want Steve to know. like how he was in lo... how he liked Steve more than friendship. he doubted that would go over very well. "we are a little bit clingy." Tony agreed with a sigh. "Tony? re you falling ill?" "NO!" which of course, meant yes. Tony always got sic when he was under too much stress. it was why Pepper idn't mind doing so much for him. this stress wasn't something she could help with, though knowing Rhodey wasn't Hydra was helping a lot. "

"We are."steve smiled a little before nodding at rhodey."he is indeed. Though he won't admit it."steve smiled slightly watching tony, twitching with the need to fuss over him even if he knew tony wouldn't like it.""to much stress. I'm amazed we're not all sick." "Well, considering some of you are super soldiers, and the hulk, not overly surprising. Though I think clints coming down with something."pepper said as she walked in, smiling gently."hey rhodey."

"Tony. seriously. you should be resting." Rhodey fussed, making Tony scoff. "Not Sick!" he said firmly, crossing his arms and sulking. "yeah. it's been a mess at work too. people noticed Tony and Bruce are missing and they're plotting the best ways to get one over on them.... although, now that i know the truth i think that it might be a bit more nefarious." he admitted ith a grin before smiling at Pepper. "Hey Pep." he said before blinking. "Barton is here? sweet, i totally owe him one. i'm kicking his ass at GTA this time. or maybe i could try my hand at Halo against him instead, i've been practicing." he admitted happily.

"Getting there. You're going to nap for awhile to."steve said setting his heels down as he looked at tony before wincing, nodding a little."it does sound a bit nefarious." "Especially since things have been so weird at SI. Thankfully rum low and peirce are slowly going through my people, so we'll know he what we have to do soon enough."she sighed softly, before nodding."yes. He is. Sulking about phil putting him to bed cause he sounds congested and sickly, but he's here. Probably would appreciate the distraction of playing games really."pepper smiled at rhodey

"No! i don't need a nap! go away!" one of the reasons Ton got as sick as he did, was because he refused to admit he was sick and worked even harder and made it all worse. "things have been weird at S.I?" Tone asked, looking frantic. "you didn't say anything..." Tony fussed before relaxing as he realized Pierce and Rumlow where already going through the whole of S.I. "well. as long as he's in bed it's still resting right?" Rhodey asked with a grin. "we can lay in bed and yell at each other for scoping."

"Yes you do. And if I have to tie you up and make monster sit on you, it's going to happen."a steve said stubbornly. "Yes...I don't know who to trust, and fury being demanding and....you were already stressed enough. I didn't want to worry you."pepper said smiling at him a little."true. And yes, you both can rest. Take tony with you, maybe he'd nap while watching."pepper said smirking a little.

"i won't nap and you can't make me!" Tony growled, glaring at him before looking worried about his poor Pepper. "you should have said. i could have helped you." he fussed. "or at least sent someone to help you. Steve, or Rhodey or something." he huffed, shaking his head and kissed her cheek. "you do too much." he huffed before scowling a little at her. "i don't need rest." he snarled, stalking away with his nose shoved in the air. they would find him later, napping in a cubbyhole. Rhodey was happy to move into a new room and have a gaming contest to keep Clint entertained and James ended up sitting outside of the cubbyhole protecting Tony.

Back
Top Bottom