Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be Known, the Truth-(Marvel) Lady/Fox

“...Don’t care. You’re still doing things that I don’t understand, so this needs anxiety moments.”Steve grumbled, because he was like that with tony’s experiments to. “....He’s okay?It wasn’t to bad?”Steve asked watching bruce clean out the socket, shifting to lean against the table so that no one would figure just how much it had effected him. Memories hitting him at that moment, of james falling, of not knowing about his friend. This was horrible, and seeing the arm like that was a reminder. Grinning at james’ picking up the beaker he glomped tony, holding the basket carefully as he hugged tony tightly. Resting his head against the other’s shoulder. “Thank you.”He said sounding choked up

"it wasn't bad. i don't think he even realized it was damaged. he wasn't in any pain whatsoever." he admitted. "which was why he didn't come to me like he promised, he wasn't aware it had been damaged." he admitted. "well he'll know with this one." Tony admitted. "there's a sensor that will indicate damage and depending on the type of damage alerts will go to either me or Bruce. it will also send an alert to Pierce, Rumlow and yourself." Tony admitted to Steve before flushing hard as he was hugged, too stunned to squirm like he normally would, though he was stiff. just not used to contact. "uhm... no problem. please don't cry..." he pleaded, James giggling as he very gently touched Bruce's nose with his metal hand. he'd never been able to do that before. there had been no 'gentle' setting on his arm. it crushed, it killed, that was all it did. suddenly James was the one crying because this was the first time he had ever been something other than a machine for destruction.

“Oh. Good. Okay....at least it wasn’t hurting him.”Steve muttered taking a deep breath and relaxing, “Thanks tony. That’s amazing.”he said looking happy that they would know when the arm needed maintience. Hugging tony tighter even if he could feel the man tense in his hold, to happy and pleased to let him go. Whining softly as he stepped back, making a face at the other. “I’m not crying.”He grumbled even if he rubbed his eyes, looking over at james, laughing softly as the man touched bruce’s nose, before moving back and reaching out to hug james as he cried. “Hey, it’s okay. This is awesome, Jamie.”he muttered.

"no, it wasn't hurting him." Bruce promised with a chuckle. "the new arm should certainly prevent such problems." "of course. my new metal is made from rust proof, and waterproof material. it can be completely disassembled for cleaning, in case he gets syrup, mud or blood stuck in the chinks and can be taken off piece by piece so he can still use parts of it even if the others are broken." Tony admitted, looking very smug before going tense in Steve's arms as he was hugged. he had just started to relax a little when Steve stepped back and Tony felt immeasurable relief. he didn't like being trapped and held like that. "Best Ever." James managed through his hiccups, cradling his brand new arm as if it was something fragile that might flee him, or as if he feared they might try to take it away. Tony shifted, highly unhappy that he had upset James.

“Good.”Steve muttered looking relieved before eyeing tony, looking interested. “Did you use iron man tech to do it?Tony...”He muttered looking amazed that the other had done such a good job before letting him go. Not even noticing that he’d upset tony by hugging him, to emotional to realize it even if it was something he would have normally known. “Yep.Okay. We’re going to sit down okay, and play with little. Little’ll like the new arm I bet.”Steve said looking worried about james as he gently moved the other to the floor reaching for the basket, smiling as the kitten purred at the sight of her owner

"Only a little." which was a yes. "it's a new prototype for the Iron Man suit. it's not a design that would actually work with the Iron Man Armor." he admitted. "but i thought it might work perfectly for James." he admitted before inching out the door to go and hide while James calmed down. "Little is too Little." James mumbled, not about to risk his kitten on an untested arm, stroking her with his flesh hand instead. "...Bug okay?" he asked, having noticed how stricken Tony had looked. "...Soldier Likes Bug...." he finally decided. "Bug is nice to Soldier."

Oh. Wow. Tony....”Steve said staring at Tony, looking utterly amazed that tony had shared the iron man tech with someone else when he hadn’t shared with anyone but rhodey before. Rubbing James back he smiled slightly, “Little’s just to little for a lot of things isn’t she?”He muttered glad to see the other so gentle and good with the kitten, “We’ll go see monster then.”he prmised before wincing, looking worried. “Yes...I think bug is okay. I’ll check on him.”Steve said looking worried, “Yes, Bug is nice to you. You wanna come with me?See how he is?”

"Yes. Little is Little." he agreed. "Little is Happy." he admitted, looking very proud of that, and indeed the little kitten did look very happy. "no. Monster is little too." he grumbled, flexing his metal hand. he was too used to crushing things. it would be a while before he trusted himself with his metal arm. he paused, uncertain if he wanted to go or not before he settled Little into her basket and followed Steve. Tony as hiding in the kitchen, literally. he was sitting in an empty cupboard with a cup of coffee. "....bit places make me nervous..." was Tony's explanation when ames started fussing about it. "sometimes i just need to be closed in where i feel safe."

“Yep, little is very happy. And okay, though calling monster little seems odd.”Steve said smiling at james. Tilting his head as he waited for james to decide before grinning as little was settled into her basket and marched off to the kitchen. Flinching a little as he realized tony was hiding, looking upset that he had upset the other that much. “....I’m sorry.”He muttered hanging his head a little, looking like a kicked puppy. He knew this was his fault. Before sighing a little. “Soldier has decided you are okay. Since you are nice to him.”

"What for? your not the reason i'm upset..." he admitted, handing Steve the Tablet. Happy Hogun had been brought in... he had failed the tests. he was Hydra. spying against Tony and looking for chances to take out any goods he could and handing them to Hydra to 'play' with. anything Tony wouldn't notice found it's way into Hydra's hands. no wonder Tony was upset. "Really?!" e asked, brightening eagerly. "he really likes me?" "Soldier likes Bug... Bug makes best arm ever." James admitted, stroking the arm as if it was Little. "Bug makes Soldier not so dangerous. Soldier likes that." his speech was getting better too. "Well Bug likes you too Soldier, and Bug likes his name too." Tony said with a bright grin. "i'm tiny, and annoying just like a bug." and honestly, Tony liked being annoying so it really as a good name.

Breally?"steve frowned looking at him, not sure if he believed him before looking at the tablet, paling when he saw it. Wincing as he looked at them man."I'm so sorry tony."he muttered rubbing a hand over his face. Smiling, glad to see that the idea had cheered him, "bug and soldier are good rogehther."steve said beaming a little, simply happy at being with them, and that they got along, before snorting."you are such a bug, tones."he teased leaning back against the cabinets as he sat down.

"Yeah. really." Tony promised. "i mean, i was a little upset that i made James cry but i wasn't that upset." he promised before looking down at his toes. "it's okay. i mean.. after Obi i just... i couldn't trust people the way i used to so..." he shook his head. "i just hope that Rhodes.... Rhodey.... i don't know if i could take it. we went to school together you know. me and Rhodey... he's been my front longer than i've been friends with Storm..." he admitted softly. "i know Johnny isn't Hydra at any rate." he hoped. "Xavier just contacted us too. all the mutants where cleared. seams Hydra doesn't like mutants, what mutants they have where kidnapped and brainwashed, forced to be loyal. some guy named Stryker has has been helping with that." he admitted before smiling at James who nodded. "Bug is a Bug." he agreed, examining the cupboards. "Soldier doesn't like tight places." "that's okay buddy. you sit out there and i'll sit in here and we'll all just take a while to calm down down."

“Oh. Okay.”Steve muttered relaxing at that, before watching the other. “I know. Me either.”Steve said looking at the man, nodding a little. “I was going to ask if you’d call rhodey....and good. He’s a ass, but it’s good to know Storm’s playing for our team.”Steve snorted a little, looking relieved at the idea of hydra not having any of the mutants, before smiling at james. “We’ll just sit out here. I don’t think either of us could fit in the cupboards honestly, even if we wanted to.”

Tony nodded and closed the foot of the cupboard door but left the front pen, closing himself in but leaving himself open too so he could still talk to Tony and James. "yeah. Johnny was the first person i called when i found out about... all this. Pierce said i could." he promised. "they screened Johnny Ages ago, though i don't think he knew it." he admitted before smiling a little as he played with tablet a little. "hows the arm going?" "it's light..." James admitted, looking pleased. "i'm lopsided." that made Tony laugh.

Steve smiled a little, “Ah. I see. Well, it’s good you had someone to talk to. Besides us. I think we’re all feeling a little raw over this.”Steve said offering him a small smile, “You might consider inviting him here. You could use someone.”He said though the smile was a little sad that it wouldn’t be him, not thinking tony would want that before snickering. “He is a little lopsided. Walks a little off balance to. It’s cute, really.”Steve snickered.

"Nah. Johnny's great but he's not... he doesn't really understand." he admitted softly. "he never grew up." he admitted, shaking his head. "he'd be a maximum security risk. especially since Sue... his sister... she might be..." he shook his head, hating to have to think of Sue like that but it was true. if any of the Fantastic four was Hydra, it was her. "i'd rather just... you, you know? you're not..." he didn't get excited too often and forget not to full on hug Tony, or trap him in corners or walls where Tony couldn't escape. sure, the cupboard was small and tight and closed in, but there was a second set of dors on the back where he could escape if he needed, or wanted to. too often, Johnny forgot and Tony was always exhausted by the time Johnny left, even after only an hour, suffering from near constant panic attacks. "Cute?" James asked, looking baffled by the idea that someone might find him cute.

“Ah.Yea, johnny’s sorta a overgrown child. He exhausts even me, and me and Jamie put it to the test, it takes alot to actually wear em out.”Steve snickered a little before paling a little. “Oh....that’s...”He swallowed thickly, having not considered that. He so didn’t want to consider sue was hydra. “Okay. Just me then. Though I doubt Bruce’ll be leaving you alone. Bruce’ll totally be dragging you down to the lab to work on whatever he’s working on.”He snorted a little looking worried about the other, though he was careful to indeed leave the door unblocked if Tony wanted to use the door “Yes, very cute. You and Bug, and Little are cute.”Steve said laughing out loud at how baffled james looked.

"....i'm not sure i wanted to know that." Tony admitted, sounding quit jealus before he grinned. "well, maybe i did." he admitted with a giggle before sighing as he nodded. "yeah... they haven't tested her, Stretch or Rocky yet." he admitted before he smiled. "i like doing science time with Bruce." he admitted.

“You ask me all the time about it. Or at least how tired I get.”Steve said rolling his eyes a little at the other’s complaint before sighing softly. That worried him, not knowing if he could trust the other heros. “You do. It’s good for you to.”Steve smiled as he looked at the man, glad to see that he was calming, resting his head back against the cabinet, yawnign a little. Settling in to rest, and trust that tony would be okay.

"well... i never got to test it." Tony pointed out, wiggling his eyebrows at Steve, making James scowl at him. "i'd really like to test James out too." Tony admitted, leering at James who blinked, surprised at being flirted with. he wasn't used to that one. he looked at Steve to see how he was supposed to react to that one. Tony chuckled a little and settled in, more comfortable with people he trusted watcing to make sure no one else would bother him or trap him. it wasn't long before Tony was asleep in his little cupboard and James shifted, moved out of the room and came bac with a blanket and a pillow with which he used to make Tony a little more comfortable.

“Hm, it would be sexy science, wouldn’t it?I might indulge you, later.”Steve said looking amused as he snorted, looking a little jealous at the idea of tony testing james, blushing himself. Being flirted with, despite so long with tony as a friend, was still a new thing. “Whatever Tones.”Steve said rolling his eyes a little even as the blush got worse, settlign in himself, ead resting against tony’s legs as he napped himself, snuggling closer as he got a blanket, james covering him up with a small potion of it along with tony. They both looked adorable really.

Tony perked up, examining Steve, wondering if the other was actually offerring.... but no, Steve probobly thought Tony meant tests on a treadmill or something? he hummed a little as the blanket was settled into place and a hand found it's way onto Steve's head, fingers resting on golden curls and James grinned as he picked up the camera he had stolen and snapped pictures before sitting himself in the doorway, motionless and firm that no one would get to go inside. turning away even Phil and Clint, Pierce and Rumlow and even his favorite Doctor. he would not move until both of His boys where awake. for Bug and Captain, they where his and Soldier was going to keep it that way.

When steve woke, the blond captain squirmed, shifting closer, having squirmed up more to rest his head in tony’s lap, nuzzling his head against the other’s shoulder before sitting up slowly. “James?”Steve said sounding tired and sleepy as he looked around, wanting james to. As good as he felt for snuggling against tony, he wanted his other cuddle bunny. And sleepy enough that he hwanted it, before waking up more. Sighing softly because he knew there was other things they needed to be doing besides sleeping in the kitchen

James turned to look at Steve when he heard the other call his name. starting to understand that James was his name, like people had been trying to explain to him. "Captain?" James asked when Tony whined, unhappy that Steve was moving, starting to wake up as well. "Coffee...." James smiled a little because even to the Soldier, Tony's Coffee obsession was highly amusing. "i'll get it." James promised, heading to the sink and the coffee pot to get a strong brew going, looking up when Pierce poked his head in, motioning for James, whispered something to him and vanished, James nodding and heading back over to them. "Pepper and Phil called in General Rhodes." James reported to Steve, keeping his voice low since Pierce had insisted on making sure that Captain Told Bug. "He's being tested now."

“Oh. Coffee, yes please.”Steve said looking relieved to see James still there, little playing on the ground near his feet. “Thanks.”Steve said smiling a little as he watched teh coffee, llooking up worried as he saw pierce, frowning a little. Not liking it, he was worried what they’d tell tony about it. “STay here with him. I’ll go see how the test is going.”Steve said wanting to know the results before they told tony Rhodes was even there. Leaning down to kiss tony’s forehead before heading out."how's he doing?"Steve said when he stepped into the room with pierce and rumlow.

Back
Top Bottom