Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be Known, the Truth-(Marvel) Lady/Fox

“Really?”Steve said looking up at the other, looking so shocked at the idea that you knew that despite having bonded with his team, he hadn’t really realized that the bonds went both ways. While it was mostly a childhood of not wanting to be a even bigger burden on the people who cared from him, it was also from fury isolating him to keep the super soldier out of sorts and lost. “...Oh. Well. Okay.”Steve said blushing a little, glad to have friends, before nodding. “I can trust them. Always have....though it is good to know they’re not hydra.”He said before wincing a little. “...we’ll figure out how to keep fury from doing more. There has to be some....”he trailed off at the others interruption, before following pierce. Looking pale as he considered loki, looking him over before watching tony, a small smile on his face. Before looking at pierce, tilting his head a little. “It’d be good to never underestimate a Stark. More the son then the father, Tony never stops pulling rabbits out of his hat.”Steve looked amused before tilting his head. “Tony?Did you mention trying to get ahold of Thor?”He asked, having simply wanted to see if it provoked a reaction.

Pierce chuckled. "of course. wouldn't you drop anything if only because Bruce wanted some attention?" he asked, his head tilted. "even more so fo Mr. Stark, who doesn't seam to know how to ask for what he wants at all?" he mused. "make sure Mr. Stark eats?" he asked. "i have the feeling he would starve to death before asking if he can eat our food." he admitted sourly. "Howard was a disgusting man." he admitted before smiling a little. "it is good to know." he admitted. "i don't truly know how we can stop Fury. we're more reactive than proactive. we don't have the numbers to actually start a war..." he admitted with a sigh. "Yeah. he looks very innocent and helpless but he's probobly the most dangerous out of anyone in that room isn't he?" Pierce asked, looking amused. "Huh?" Tony asked, looking at Steve before blinking when Loki actually fully reacted, turning his head t stare at Steve and tried for a second to sit up a little bit on his own before sagging into the pillows once more, looking almost eager. it was enough to have Tony's phone in his hand and talking to Jane Foster, asking her, Selvig and Thor to come down right away on a matter of something involving Loki. Thor was agreeing in an instant and Jane was following shortly after. it seamed Thor had known his brother had been a victim. maybe not while they had been fighting, maybe not when they had turned Loki over to Fury but certainly now, if the tone of his voice was any indication. Jarvis was running interference already so no one else could listen in, just in case but Thor and all three scientists had agreed to come down, disturbed by the tone of Tony's voice. "Th...Th...or." Loki stuttered his lips and tongue heavy and slow to react but it was a reaction and Pierce was so happy to see Loki finally beginning to come back to reality.

“Yes. Of course.”Steve said blushing a little before grinning. “True...he doesn’t. He’d totally freak out at the idea of asking for food. It’s easier to just give it to him.”Tony said smiling a little, before frowning as he considered it. “Not start a war, but if we get thor, and loki if he eventuallsy starts responding, doing their god thing, we might be able to force fury into reacting to ‘attacks’ rather then having time to deal with anything else.”Steve sighed a little before nodding. “He is indeed. So innocently dangerous.”Steve muttered lookign amused before startling at loki’s moving, eyes wide. “Yea, okay. Time to get Thor.”He promised before looking at loki, moving over to gently touch his shoulder, making him lay still. “rest, loki. Don’t strain. We’re getting thor. He’ll be here soon.”He promised.

"Yes. just remember to help yourself anytime you get hungry. we're still trying to teach James it's okay to each whenever he wants.... we're still working on what he wants unfortunately." he admitted. "so far all he wants are pancakes and kittens." he admitted before shaking his head at Steve. "as soon as we directly start interfering with Fury, it will be a war." he admitted softly. "it might only be a minor war, but it will still be a war." he admitted before chuckling at Tony who seamed to just, take charge. fine by Pierce, he was best with paperwork and legislation. Loki sagged into the pillows at the promise that Thor would be there soon. "Wh...wh...wh, r, y...y..you?" Loki stuttered, voice hoarse and painful and tongue and voice box doing odd things while he tried to talk. "I'm Tony Stark! do you remember me?" Loki managed minuet shake of his head. "no? well you threw me out of a window. this is Bruce! Bruce Banner! do you remember him?" another tiny shake of the head. "what about Steve Rogers? Captain America, do you remember him?" another shake of the head and Tony sulked a little. "Wh...Wh....'r Mmm I?" Loki managed to choke out. "Your safe. on Midgard." Pierce explained, making Loki relax a little more. "T...T...T...t'rd." Loki stuttered before closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

“I know. I keep reminding myself that I can eat whenever I want.”Steve said smiling a little, before snorting. “that’s the important things in life. Kittens and pancakes.”He said before sighing, thinking about it. “...we’ll just have to figure out how to keep it from getting to out of hand...”he sighed, because he knew they weren’t going to be able to completely avoid a fight, they’d just have to try. “....He must not remember anything of what happened.”STeve said frowning a little, looking worried about that before smiling, nodding a little. “Rest. We’ll be here when you wake up. You’re safe, I promise.”He said watching the other go to sleep before looking at tony. “We better go prepare for the others showing up. With thor in charge, he’s liable to fly in close and draw all kinds of attention....might be better if we meet him at the tower and bring him here after, rather then have him just arrive really...”

"You can eat whenever you want, whatever you want and however much you want. most of the food here we don't even have to pay money for. there's a huge farm attached and a lot of our boys take turns gardening." he admitted. "we still have to pay for things like meat and flour, but our chicken farm is pretty impressive." he admitted with a smile. "so most of our food is so cheep it's nearly negligible." he admitted, hoping that would make Steve feel better about eating the food. "I guess not." Tony muttered. "that might not last though, he has only just woken up right?" "he was awake for a fw hours when we first brought him in... i think someone tortured him because anytime one of us got too close he'd start screaming." Pierce admitted, his voice soft and horrified. "when we finally got close enough to touch him, he just shut down. he didn't look hurt but i think we all know there are some things that don't leave physical marks." he admitted. "the problem is, is that we can't be sure if it was Odin, or Fury." he admitted. "oh i think Jane already planned for that. she's in charge." Tony admitted. "they're driving." he admitted. "or rather, Jane is driving." he admitted. "they're actually not far from here. they'll be here by nightfall according to Jarvis's calculations." he admitted, swallowing thickly. "i... i don't think i can watch. while you question him..." he admitted. "i just... i couldn't stand it if..." if Thor, or Jane, or Darcy or Selvig where Hydra. especially with Loki in a state like that. he had no doubt that Thor knew exactly what had happened to Loki. even if he hadn't then, he would certainly know now and he was quickly sketching out new questions for Thor to be asked. as well as Jane and Darcy. questions about Loki. they needed to know if they where going to help Loki. and he needed to know, because if Odin, or worse, Thor had tortured Loki? Tony would never be able to trust Thor again.

“I know. Good. you’d go broke trying to feed just me and james.”Steve said looking a little better about being able to eat that much. Glad to know that before frowning, nodding a little. “For the most part, I hope he doesn’t remember everything. As much as we’d like to know....if he can have some peace....”Steve shuddered a little before frowning thinking about it, nodding slowly. Looking sick and pained at the idea of loki being hurt like that. While he hadn’t been pleased with known the man hadn’t been the villian he’d thought he’d been, and hated him some for new york, for this...he really couldn’t. Not anymore. Nodding at tony’s words. “Good. Jane’s smart enough to keep them in line.”he looked amused before wincing, swallowing thickly. He couldn’t imagine...nodding a little at tony’s words. “I’ll take care of talking them tony. I promise.”he said ruffling the man’s hair a little before nudging him. “Come on, you better take a nap, rest before everyone gets here, cause you know you wont rest till we know what’s going on.”

"No we wouldn't." he admitted. "i have a large enough budget to feed an army fifty times the size i have now." he admitted. "Fury made the big mistake of assigning me a real position of power in finding anyone i can. people who are broken and needing hep, people who desperately need homes, medicine or anything else." he admitted, looking at Steve. "i rescue the abused, help them, and pretend to build Fury an army loyal to him, when really i'm building an army loyal only to each other." he admitted, looking very smug. "the people here will never fight for Fury. they would never stand to enslave or own or whatever it is that Fury is planning." he admitted. "so even if we didn't have the farms, we'd still be able to feed sixty of you." he promised with a smile. "Jane can handle them. Jarvis has also infected their servers. they can't get or send anything." he admitted. "are you sure you would be okay with that?" Bruce asked gently. "i know you like Thor. wouldn't it be better if Pierce and Rumlow did it?" Thor wouldn't likely answer questions from a stranger though. it had to be Steve or Bruce. "I'm not tired! Science Steve!" Tony protested, shoving the tablet in Steve's face as if the numbers, letters and words wold mean something. Tony always tried that when he was tire but didn't want to admit it.

“Seriously?That’s amazing.”steve said staring at pierce, looking amazed and happy at the idea of not having to worry about food ever again, even if tony had promised that he would always be looked after. “Good. People shouldn’t be loyal to a man like that....they should just be loyal to each other.”Steve said a soft, fond smile on his face as he considered the only other family he’d had, the howling commandos had been as much family as warriors and fighters with him. “.....”Steve frowned considering it, “...No. They can’t. I’ll take the Soldier in with me, but I need to do it myself.”He sighed softly before huffing at tony’s words. “I don’t care if you’re figuring out the exact number of women James has slept with, or if you’ve contracted a disease from to much sex, you’re going to bed. Now.”

Pierce looked smug. "yes. i thought i was quite clever. no one will even think twice about the mild increase in prices. they'll just think i took in a few more soldiers." he admitted. "no one should ever be loyal to a man like that. the good thing is, no one ever really is. thinking about it realistically th people loyal to Fury only are so long as they get what they want. sometimes it's as simple as getting to hurt other people, sometimes it's a desire for power or money or blackmail but no one is truly loyal to a sick bastard like Fury." he smiled at Steve. "people like you, and Bruce, and Tony? people are loyal to people like that because you guys always care about the people who are loyal to you." he admitted. "people like you are trusted because you deserve to be trusted." he admitted with a smile. "Soldier would be happy to help i'm sure." Pierce agreed with Steve. "No! Science Steve! Science!" Tony whined loudly even as he hauled himself to his feet, whining the entire way to an unclaimed bedroom. Steve's name now on his. it didn't take long for Tony to be asleep despite hs protests.

it was almost as easy to separate Thor and the three scientists once they arrived. Tony was still asleep and Bruce recommended letting him sleep at least until they had finished questioning Thor who looked confused and upset that he was being held in a chair like some sort of criminal and separated from his Jane but he wasn't struggling or putting up a fight for now. "Steve, my friend... has something happened?" Thor asked, confused and worried, wary even.

“It is indeed quite clever.”Steve agreed looking amused before thinking that over. Nodding slightly. “You’re right....fury has people around him who like pain, who are looking for other things besides him....”he muttered.”Much like red skull...”he said before looking up again, nodding. “I’m sure. And Tony, the science can wait. It always does. James can have his bad arm for one more day.”he looked amused shaking his head a little.

“...Yes. Something has...it’s...”Steve swallowed hard as he settled into the chair. “Fury....fury has been abusing his position. He is not the man we thought he was. We need to ask you questions, make sure you didn’t know about this...and so we can trust you fully.”Steve said looking uncomfortable and hurting before starting to ask questions, before swallowing thickly, knowing this was going to hurt if thor had known. “....Did you know what had happened to loki? And when it happened?”

He nodded. "Red Skull created 'true faithful'. fanatics who thought he was a god and worshiped him as such." he admitted. "that is about the only difference between the two." he admitted, shaking his head before chuckling as Tony whined and wailed and protested that Science could never wait and that James deserved better.

"...Fury?" Thor asked, looking confused for a moment. "is he not your leader? i am sorry my freind. it is a hard day when you learn that your fa... that your leader is.... not what you thought." he admitted. luckily for Thor he knew nothing of Hydra at all and even had to be explained that it was not a seven headed serpent that breathed fire. when he was asked about Loki though he sagged in his chair and closed his eyes, looking guilty and horrified and ashamed. "yes." he whispered. "i know what happened to my brther... my poor brother... i didn't find out until after my father sent him to earth." here Thor's face twisted with bitterness. "yes. Humans who would torture him and eperiment on him if what you say about Fury and Shield is the truth..." Thor swallowed thickly. "my father is sick with pervasion and bigotry and racism..." he admitted softly. "he raised Loki specifically to make him a martyr... so that he could once again war with the frost giants and end their line completely like he did the Dark Elves." he admitted softly.

"There is a woman, named Lorelie." he explained. "she did not know of my fathers plans and so destroyed them... a single whisper from her poison lips and all men throw themselves before her in a haze of spell induced lust and love." he admitted. "she whispered to Loki, and be-spelled him. my brother is very strong. he fought her with every power he had in his body and she p...." Thor had to pause a moment to gather himself. "she punished him for it, and broke him... shattered his mind and still he fought her with every breath. he was strong and refused to die under hehr control...." here Thor's lip quivered. "there is a being, known as Titans... i don't know if you could understand if i tried to explain... they are... like the Gods that come before the Gods only... more? and yet less... this one was the Mad God Thanos, who has set his sights on universal domination. he was to start with earth. he bolstered Lorelie's powers, and Loki.... could not fight against that. he used an item, called the Mind Stone, to full break Loki's mind, and soul...."

Here Thor swallowed thickly. "and still Loki fought, so hard... he had to obey, he could not fight that way anymore but he did other things that Thanos and Lorelie did not notice.... he took Clint, and Selvig though he was not ordered to. making it deeply personal for both me, and Natasha as well as Fury and the Son of Coul. leading to the creation of the Avengers, was it not? it was all he could do, but it worked. he did other things as well. creating the fail safe to his machine. or instructing Selvig to, or giving him the chance, i do not know. drawing attention to himself over and over again. making it bright and flashy when he would normally had slipped in the shadows, silent as an eel until it was too late..." Thor swallowed thickly. "when Thnos found out... Loki screamed... and screamed... screamed for days... we didn't... d...d..didn't n..notice..." now Thor was weeping. "we... I, thought it was rage... Thanos B..B..Broke my B..B..Brother..." he shook his head. "when he F...Finally went S..Silent.... L...Loki W..Wouldn't..." Thor had reached the end of what he could handle and simply sat there, crying for what had been done to his precious brother.

“yes...he was. It was not....he is not who we thought.”Steve swallowed thickly, looking pained at the idea. Though he looked relieved as thor answered questions. Wincing a little as he realized thor knew what happened. “Yes. It is. We don’t know how deep their rot goes, but we know fury and shield are rotten.”Steve muttered, looking sick. Glad at least one by one his team was showing to be true, he just needed to find the others. “....I am sorry thor. For your father....it seems him and fury would get along well.”He muttered.

Paling as he listened to the other talk, he stood, resting a hand on thor’s shoulder, squeezing lightly. “He went silent, he was silent. But he’s here. Now. Awake. Well. Not awake exactly, but we let tony babble at him like a mad man, and he responded with interest at listening to the science. And responded with eagerness when I said you were here, closeby. He’s sleeping still. And weak, and not recovered. But he’s safe.”Steve said gently, moving over to cuddle against the larger man, offering as much comfort as he could.

"that is terrible." Thor muttered, looking sick. "it was he who urged us to go against Loki so vehemanantly was he not? do you think he might have been involved?" Thor wondered, swallowing thickly. He had no doubt Thanos might have swayed a human or twenty to his side in promise of power and riches. they would have been the last to die, certainly but they would have had none of their promised goods. The humans that Thanos enslaved would have had a fate worse than death though, so Thor was still very glad that his brother had failed. had allowed himself to fail. had fought so hard to fail. His brother deserved medals of honor, not imprisonment and torture. "I am sorry to say... that Odin is no longer my Father. i have repudiated him. i was going to come in a weeks time and tell you all in person, but with such things as this Hydra... well, it would be best if you knew now."

he smiled at Steve, the smile was thin and weak but it was still a smile and he wrapped his arms around Steve and held him, needing the close proximity. "Thank you. My Freind. Thank you!" he whispered, looking up when Bruce walked in. pale. "Jane and Darcy are clean...." he whispered, Thor freezing because they had not mentioned Selvig. "what of the good Doctor?" "...i'm sorry Thor... he's Hydra.... on the plus side, all he was doing was trying to recruit the most brilliant scientists he could find. he had no orders regarding you. Selvig was supposed to just kidnap Jane and Darcy when you fell to earth. after that Selvig was asked only to observe..." Thor had to swallow thickly to not scream in rage tht Selvig would do such a thing. "Jane and Darcy are pretty shaken up. why don't you go to them and we'll take you to Loki once he wakes up?" Bruce suggested, making Thor nod and stagger away. "you okay Steve?" Bruce asked gently.

“Yes....I do. I don’t know for sure, but I think he might be.”Steve said looking sick and hurting. Shuddering a little at the idea, before smiling at the other, looking pleased. “Good to know you’re no longer family with him. Your family is here now. Our team, and Jane. And eric.”He said smiling slightly.

Steve sighed softly as the other smiled, leaning into the hug before staring at bruce when he came in, looking relieved with the knews about the girl, but swaying a little at the idea of eric being hydra. Going still as he looked at bruce. “What?”He sputtered a little. “Yes...go. We’ll let you know when Loki is awake.”Steve said looking worried and upset as he watched thor go, running a hand through his hair as he looked at bruce. Nodding tightly, “Yea. I’m okay. Good to know thor’s one of the good guys.”He muttered swallowing thickly, rubbing a hand over his face. “....I think I’m going to go see Tony....”He said shaken and lost, needing something to cling to. This was just starting to crash into him, so much more then it had been before. He’d managed to hold it together for his team, but seeing thor like this, was breaking him down more.

Thor nodded, looking suck and hurting as well. "yes. yes you are y family my Freind. a good Brother to me." he agreed with a smile. "Where Loki of his mind, i think he would like you very much too." he admitted. "He always did like people with good hearts. people like you and Tony and Bruce." he smiled apologetically. "i do apologize but he'll likely to be friendlier with Tony and Bruce. much like the my brother is a bit too smart for his own good." Thor admitted.

"Thank you..." Thor mumbled, heading off after Jane and Darcy. "yes it is. to go to such an extreme.... he basically gave up his right to rule." Bruce admitted softly. "Repudiating his own father! i never imagined Thor could go so far." he admitted. "it was the right thing to do, don't get me wrong. but it's a huge step." e admitted. "we'll have to ask him what his last name is now. since he repudiated Odin, he can no longer be called Odinson." Bruce mumbled, a little shook and torn himself. "yeah i'm gonna go snuggle James..." Bruce agreed softly, heading out to find his favorite assassin. "Steve?" Tony asked, clutching his tablet tightly, trying to work on the arm and failing because he was worried. "did... did it go okay?"

“Indeed. You are a good brother to. And James, the Soldier, my friend is here to. I think you would like him.”Steve said smilign a little before laughing quietly, though it sounded sad and tired, but it was amusing still. “Don’t. Considering loki already responded to tony, I’ve come to terms with the idea that like them, he’s going to be smarter then me. I can live with that.”Steve looked amused.

“...Yes....he did. And he’s grown. It’s good to see. We’ll make sure he has a place here.”Steve said sighing softly, before thinking on it. “We should call him thundermen. It’d be amusing.”He said snickering quietly, whining softly at the idea of someone else cuddling james, but not stopping the other either before he crawled into bed with tony, whining quietly. “yea. It went okay....Thor, jane and darcy are good....Eric....well. He was supplying scientists to hydra...”He trembled a little, swallowing thickly.

"James?" Thor asked curiously. "Is this the James Barnes i have heard stories of? he was your friend from before you where frozen.... you haven't been dabbling in necromancy have you? because Hela does not take kindly to that." he warned. "Ah. of course, Loki would respond to Tony." Thor agreed with a chuckle. "He has grown a lot." Bruce agreed, smiling after Thor. "Don't worry Steve. i won't defile your James." Bruce teased with a chuckle.

"thank god..."Tony whispered, tucking himself against Steve before going tense. "...Eric... he's invited me several times to various things... do... do you think he was going to try and kidnap me?" that was very likely. Hydra would ave loved nothing more than to have Tony working for them. or if he refused, then dead. Tony shook his head and wrapped his arms tightly around Steve, abandoning his science because he hated Science at the moment. "i don't like this Steve...." he whispered. "how many of our freinds..." he shook his head. "it doesn't matter... i'm tired... lets get some sleep okay?"

“Yes it is. And it is a long story, but he didn’t die....simply. Found another life. But a story for another time.”He promised sighing quietly, as he shifted, looking worried about the other before snorting. “He has....and I wasn’t worried about you defiling him.”he grumbled a little.

“Yea...he probably was.”Steve sighed quietly nuzzling his face against the other’s shoulder, simply taking comfort in the touch before shivering. “I know...I don’t like it either. And hopefully no more....tomorrow, I want your help. Need to plan.”He muttered sighing quietly before nodding. “sleep is good.”he agreed settling in close to rest, letting tony's presence sooth him to sleep.

In the morning Tony was practically bouncing on Steve, jumping on the bed around him and yelling that it was time for breakfast and that he could smell pancakes and that Steve had to get up right now before Thor ate them all. there was strain at Tony's eyes, sowing he was still upset by the events that had taken place but he was acting normal and that was good. there was a knock on the door and Bruce poked his head in, James looking rather annoyed behind him. "what's all the yelling? Soldier is Jealus that people re being murmured in here without him." he said, looking amused, James leaning over Bruce to peer into the room, a dark look filling his expression when he realized Tony wasn't wearing anything but underwear and was in bed with Steve. Soldier wasn't sure why, but he didn't like that very much.

Steve groaned as the bed was bounced under him, sighing quietly as he blinked, to used to tony jumping on the bed to wake him up to be really upset that the man was doing it. “Okay, okay I’m up. Give me a second.”he said looking up at him, still looking a little strained himself, but doing better then he had in the morning. “Hm?”Steve looked amused as he looked at bruce when the man opened the door, snorting. “Tony’s waking me up, and threatening that Thor’s going to eat all the pancakes without us.”He grumbled as he sat up, leaning over to pull on his own jeans and t-shirt, before tilting his head at the soldier, looking thoughtful. “No one’s being murdered in here, I promise.”

"No seconds! also, can i borrow some clothes?" Tony asked. "i spilt on mine and now they're gross." he admitted with a sigh before grinning at Bruce and James and started bouncing again. "you are such a child Ton. don't ump on the bed." Bruce scolded. like he always did. and like always, Tony just laughed, bounced until Bruce growled and then scrambled to the floor and skipped over to the closet to steal some of Steve's clothes. "Soldier doesn't like him." James decided, eyeing Tony lie a person might examine a gross bug. the look only growing more intense when James realized Tony was wearing Steve's clothes. Bruce seamed to be sulking a little bit too at the sight of Tony looking so cute in Steve's clothes. like a little kid playing dress up in daddy's clothes.

“Stop bouncing tony, you’re making me sick...and yes, go get some clothes.”Steve groaned rolling his eyes a little as he sat up, pulling on his jeans with a sigh. “....I thought you did. I mean, you didn’t try killing him. And you needed a new arm. You’ll like him. He’s just hyper.”Steve said looking between his two favorite men, starting to look upset, staring at them all when he realized the other two were upset with tony. “You look like a kid, tony.”Steve said rolling his eyes a little as he headed for the door, ignoring the conflicting and painful feelings he was feelign.

Tony giggled and bounced off the bed, if only because he didn't want to see Steve rogers puke. "Soldier doesn't like bouncy bug." James grumbled, scowling even more at Tony and Bruce sighed a little. "don't mind us Steve, we're just... jealous." Bruce mumbled, looking oh so wistfully at Tony before he swept the look away. Tony wasn't paying attention and was babbling about the arm he was making and tapping at his tablet. "Jealous of what? his rock hard abs? i know, i'm jealous too. if i did menial labor i bet i could wash laundry on those." Tony babbled, poking Steve in the stomach a few times before skipping away to find the pancakes he could smell, ignoring the 'kid' comment. mostly because it was true. "...Soldier doesn't like the bug...." James grumbled, his flesh hand gripping the edge of Steve's shirt almost possessively and followed Steve like a lost little duckling. Bruce looked highly amused by this and had to cover his laugh with his hand so James wouldn't see.

"He'll calm down after he eats. For awhile anyways."steve said studying his friends before frowning a little."I'm sorry..."he muttered looking a little anxious as he considered the two before looking at tony as he bounced in place. "You could not. And you should totally do your own laundry tony."stee said rolling his eyes a little.looking at james in surprise as the other grabbed his shirt, looking at him as he considered him, frowning slightly as he walked towards the kitchen."come on woldier. We'll feed the bug and he'll settle."

Back
Top Bottom