Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
@AndNich123 I appreciate your speaking out on this and am glad everyone sees the oversight and proper apologies have been made. I'm sorry you have had a stressful day but I hope this won't turn you off of the group as you have been a wonderful addition in the past. Things are moving fast even for me but I have indeed asked others to take on some (most) of the burden of getting things set up. As a result, not everything is as I originally envisioned it but I'd rather have a good group that gets off the ground and has some legs than my perfect group that flops before it gets going. I think we have both been here long enough to have seen plenty of promising groups flop. For the record, I think this is actually a better group than I originally envisioned.

@apollo247 @Aluora I seem to recall you both being pretty flexible about the pairings and I don't specifically recall that it needed to be a 'step' relationship. I think the easiest solution here would be to remove the step designation between Lucas and Riley. I don't know if step just happened or if it was a conscious decision on both your parts. I also think part of the emotional intensity of this setting is having your precious loved ones, such as your beautiful young daughter, getting bred by some guy that maybe you don't even like and for her to be able to confide to her daddy about her situation.. So consider a minor tweak to the relationship but if that spoils the setting for you, we can work other things out. From a setting perspective, I doubt a colony meant to preserve the human race would include many men in their 40s that have yet to produce an offspring.

@MsBloom and @Colonel_Liam I can easily swap with @AndNich123 to round things out though I would need to swap out Mia for a more mature character that could have a teenage daughter.

Incest: While not a specific kink of mine, for fantasy RP purposes, I am not opposed to it. I suspect it would be frowned upon by the larger community for moral and reproductive reasons, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't or couldn't happen. I suggest similar to non-con, incestuous scenes have a label on them so anyone offended by such can avoid it.

I am really excited on how this comes together and hope to get to flushing out my characters tonight after work. Have a great day everyone!

between Lucas and Riley.

And Teri.

@MsBloom and @Colonel_Liam I can easily swap with @AndNich123 to round things out though I would need to swap out Mia for a more mature character that could have a teenage daughter.

I'm on hung over from insomnia brain today so I'll hold off trying to wrap my head around what that means until I have more information from the other players involved in said swap.

And Teri.

I'm on hung over from insomnia brain today so I'll hold off trying to wrap my head around what that means until I have more information from the other players involved in said swap.
I'm not entirely sure what the swap would be, assuming @AndNich123 is ok with it, but I'm flexible, if it goes through just tell me which of my characters is getting swapped or dropped and where they are going.

I think we should actually hold off on any swaps. I think some families have done some planning in DM's so better to not mess with that.

I'm not sure exactly what the swap would consist of? I'm a little confused here.

I feel so embarrassed now, like I overreacted. @apollo247 and I discussed Riley being a step-child to him, a daughter from my first marriage. I also expressed being okay with being Owen's step-mom, but I wasn't crazy about being his mom. I already had given birth to two children. While I know a huge part of this rp is about having children to repopulate this new colony, I was thinking about their life back on earth before they left. Having two children felt like a good move. Now that I've had some sleep and some time to wrap my head around having twins, I think it would be okay. It's kind of like what @LeaT was saying. This family isn't the one I had envisioned, but it's still good. It's grown in ways that make it better. So yeah, I can be teri's mom. @Aluora and I discussed Riley's relationship with Mac, and I gave her the briefest idea of what her mother is like. I'd like to do the same privately for Teri, if that's ok.

Glad it all worked out and we don't even have to talk about the swap and I can focus on character profiles tonight!

Looks like Blue Moon's notification system had another stroke. Okay, so who are Nathan's and Charles' relationships again?

Also, it might be prudent to include other types of relationships as well. For example, Lucas Mercer could have been Nate's instructor for his job in colony defense. Is that all right with you, @apollo247?

Probably at least in passing. I think the Jupiter's served as living quarters on the bigger colony ship before it exploded, so if our got away together they were probably close, making the families neighbors. And I don't think the ship was that big in the first place, relatively speaking, I think about 5-600 people onboard, so it's likely they would all at least recongize each other.

Okay, so who are Nathan's and Charles' relationships again?

All information about the families and their relationships is found here:

Also, it might be prudent to include other types of relationships as well. For example, Lucas Mercer could have been Nate's instructor for his job in colony defense.

This is a good idea but perhaps not necessarily specified under relationship/s. This is something you could put under additional information for instance.

My apologies if this was mentioned before, but do we know the other families prior to landing?

Well I have a romantic relationship between Abeba and Caitlin so I would say yes, at least to some extent. The way I imagine the Jupiter hangar on the colony ship it would basically look like a neighbourhood of houses and the families could have been more or less neighbours, perhaps not exactly living right next to each other but shall we say within the same block.

I think the Jupiter's served as living quarters on the bigger colony ship before it exploded, so if our got away together they were probably close, making the families neighbors

Seems I'm not the only one who had that thought.

And I don't think the ship was that big in the first place, relatively speaking, I think about 5-600 people onboard, so it's likely they would all at least recongize each other.

In my starter post I have Caitlin mentioning there were a 12 dozen (144) Jupiters and assuming not all families were as large as our three families that makes it about what you suggested.

I would also say they at least know each other on sight but perhaps not necessarily by name.

I think that, depending on the level of danger that they encounter on this planet, Nate might begin to encourage the other colonists to learn how to shoot. What would the Jupiters' armories have in them, has there been any canonical use of weapons on Lost in Space? If not, I'm thinking Mass Effect levels of technology, where there's still projectile weapons but they're at like the bleeding edge.

From a pm between my self and Lea:
Maybe you playing 3 of the 4 African bloodline is problematic.

It was something I had thought of a well so I traded her Jaali (the younger of the Nyong'o siblings).

Nate might begin to encourage the other colonists to learn how to shoot. What would the Jupiters' armories have in them,

That's probably a good idea anyway. If not for protection then perhaps for hunting. As for what the Jupiters may have in their armories I don't know for sure but I would say at least a rifle of some sort.

has there been any canonical use of weapons on Lost in Space?

No idea. I'll leave that to those more familiar with the canon.

I'm thinking Mass Effect levels of technology,

I suppose that doesn't look way too sci fi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom