Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
That simple little piece of information relating to what level weapon technology our colonists would have access to became something of a chore then.

Does the last link work though.

Great. So now for an opinion on whether this is a reasonable level of weapons technology:

What would the Jupiters' armories have in them, has there been any canonical use of weapons on Lost in Space? If not, I'm thinking Mass Effect levels of technology, where there's still projectile weapons but they're at like the bleeding edge.

Can everyone see the images in this link?

If so I would like to do the same thing with the other two Jupiters so if each family wants to coordinate who sleeps where and/or if there is a specific facility you want to include please pm me and we can work this out. This does not need to be finished by tomorrow though but preferably before the start of next week.

If my math and ability to remember things for longer than a goldfish is working we're only missing finished character sheets from @captain_bond and @Colonel_Liam . Not rushing you but tomorrow is Friday after all and I would prefer to have all character sheets up by the time we start the story.

"I can pick my panties out of my crack, but I can't pick my own family. Thank you cosmos. What did I ever do to you? Well, besides all that masturbation and then cooking dinner without washing my hands."

That had me smiling. Such a lovely image. I think I like Teri's older sister already.

Mac is going to be Alexander, as they already are working on a project for the colony, but I don't see a problem with her working with Charles as well. The chariots could be more than useful in exploration, and they can't use them if they don't move.

I am about to put up my starter posts (It is Friday 8:30 am here.)

The starter posts will be place in the main IC thread called Lost in Space [Reboot] Week 1 Journal Entries - Main Thread 01.
As our story progress I will add a new thread for week 2, 3 4 and so on. If either of you have an idea for a story line that will take place later than any of the available main threads just let me or @LeaT know and we'll put one up for you.

As the thread title suggests this will consist of Journal Entries by our characters in which we build the larger world. It is not for interactive roleplaying that will be done in separate threads that will be linked to the journal entry it relates to. Of course not all journal entries has to related to an interactive thread but I would like each interactive thread to at least get a summary or just a character's personal point of view on it as a journal entry. This will all, hopefully, become clear once I have my first three posts up.

A little bit about structure.

Please use this header for each of your journal entries:

Player: (You)
Character: (Your Character)
Mentioning: (What character/s are mention and who plays them. This is just for information)