Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
In all the chaos and destruction, we find ourselves with a couple of castaways who took refuge in the nearest jupiter when the alarms went off. Whether they were family friends, had some sort of business with the family, or were just in the right place at the wrong time. Here they are, surprise.

Please welcome @Jack Stalker to our little group.

I am open to ideas as to any friendships or reasons they are with a specific family but it can just be dumb luck. Between @MsBloom and I we shall get them a spot some time tomorrow.

Welcome aboard! Mercer family welcomes them both. I do believe that we worked out that we had a spare Cabin on the Mercer Jupiter. Cabin N.

I think I'd like to see them in separate locations. Certainly Cara would be happy to shack up with the Mercers.

Welcome aboard! Mercer family welcomes them both. I do believe that we worked out that we had a spare Cabin on the Mercer Jupiter. Cabin N.

That is the case indeed and I was thinking that maybe at least Jason was there because he was going with Lucas on that scouting mission to the planet they ended up being stranded on. @Jack Stalker

I think I'd like to see them in separate locations. Certainly Cara would be happy to shack up with the Mercers.

In that case perhaps Cara can be a friend of Mia Khan and end up bunking with her in the Drake Jupiter?

Also: Welcome to the group Jack.

I set that as 2090 in Charles' first journal entry, but I am more than happy to change it if needs be.

Sounds reasonable to me if they've travelled at near-lightspeed.

This will mean that most of the adults too will be space born and the only character with any actual memories of Earth will be Capheus who would have been 22 when The Endeavour set off.

I already posted Cara as being aboard the Mercer ship. Jason's post is vague, so he can end up anywhere., maybe on the Drake ship? :)

I really wish you would have waited. It would just have made much more sense to have a botanist on a scouting mission of a seemingly uninhabited planet. I'll read your starters soon.

This will mean that most of the adults too will be space born and the only character with any actual memories of Earth will be Capheus who would have been 22 when The Endeavour set off.
Oh, well I suppose Charles' knowledge of Earth can be anecdotal, passed down from his father instead of some history textbook.

Great post @captain_bond Charles brought up a few interesting things like the Jetlag on crack bit. I mean that must be how it feels to go from a 24 hour day to an 18 hour day. I also loved this bit:
Honestly, with this breeding protocol needing to be brought into effect, Capheus has become insufferable. I don't wanna accuse the man of being a racist, but then again... I mean, I love Khandi, heart, body and soul, but that apparently isn't enough for him. Forget hostile aliens, I might need rescuing from him!
That's just a perfect set up for a growing conflict between Charles and Capheus.

One minor thing about your introduction of Nathan though. You say there were three other family groups that made it out. Are you counting the Nyong'o Robinsons as two? Because only three Jupiters in total made it out meaning it was two other family groups.

(*=I had assumed that, from a legal standpoint vis-a-vis being able to be bound by a contract, those born aboard the Endeavour would be considered adults at 14 or 15.

15 is the minimum required age for sexual encounters by BMR rules so edit out 14 if you don't mind.

@LeaT Nice reveal of Mia's true relationship with the Drake family. I had forgotten it and added her to my opening post for Caitlin. Not sure what Nathan or Owen will do but Caitlin will call her Mia even though of course she will at the same time thing of her as a second mum, a stand in mum.

@Colonel_Liam You alo bring up some great details, like how it might be a bit hasty to enforce the breeding protocol without first makign sure the colony can sustain itself and I did love the part where Alexander worries about what fate might befall his lesbian daughter and her girlfriend without the ability for IVF and possibly having to raise one or both of her brothers' children as her own if they should impregnate Abeba.

Also. Nice image in Elizabeth's opener of just another day in the life of the Drake family, the kids are playing cards, Alexander is doing maintenance and Elizabeth is eating out the added wife. I swear I am still smiling from reading that.

@Jack Stalker Nice summary of the proverbial smorgasbord Lea mentioned and considering the face claim I am sure that he won't have to go looking to get laid. I'm pretty sure he will have plenty of unsolicited offers. It also makes him the only male that Capheus might consider letting breed his granddaughter Abeba and his daughter-in-law Khandi. (Momoa is part Native Hawaiian, right? And isn't his mother part Native American?

Also. Drugs ... that will be much needed. I knew a botanist would be a great addition to the group. I can totally see the kids gathered around him at a bonfire trying some of his smokable plants.

Great thinking outside the box with Cara surviving and joining the colony, an escape pod. (y) Just one small thing though. With Cara settling in with the Mercers she would be the fourth young female in the family (there is Mac as well). Her drone will of course be very useful in exploring the surroundings safely.

@apollo247 That was an interesting opening to Owen's first Journal Entry and it had me thinking that maybe one of the teachers/former teachers in the group asked everyone to keep a journal for the purpose of documenting the early stages of the colony for the future, to leave actual eye witness accounts of those first three family groups and how they managed to survive.

Great work everyone. (y)(y)(y)

Keep it coming.

Thanks @MsBloom ! I figured that was Owen's thoughts process at least. He at first didn't know what to say and I might have rambled on a bit LOL.

So I was also thinking that maybe we could gather up some of the group to go on a hunting expedition. Lucas, Jason, Theo, Nate, Jaali and or Capheus do come in mind for a small hunting group to not only scout the neighbourhood and as well as encounter some of the animal life that I presume to be located on the planet. Even getting some fishing tools organized to fish.

I might have rambled on a bit

Rambling is all part of keeping a journal. You should see some of the ones I kept in my teens.

So I was also thinking that maybe we could gather up some of the group to go on a hunting expedition. Lucas, Jason, Theo, Nate, Jaali and or Capheus do come in mind for a small hunting group to not only scout the neighbourhood and as well as encounter some of the animal life that I presume to be located on the planet. Even getting some fishing tools organized to fish.

Great idea. Maybe not all of them at once and maybe include a female or two in the hunting party.

Yeah sounds great to me. Anyone who wishes to join the hunting trip is welcomed :D Could be a good bonding trip as well.

Great post @captain_bond Charles brought up a few interesting things like the Jetlag on crack bit. I mean that must be how it feels to go from a 24 hour day to an 18 hour day. I also loved this bit:

That's just a perfect set up for a growing conflict between Charles and Capheus.

One minor thing about your introduction of Nathan though. You say there were three other family groups that made it out. Are you counting the Nyong'o Robinsons as two? Because only three Jupiters in total made it out meaning it was two other family groups.

15 is the minimum required age for sexual encounters by BMR rules so edit out 14 if you don't mind
Oof, yeah, that first bit is my sick brain. I have a few minor edits I need to do, including the other bit (but the purpose of my statement was to say 'this is how old you gotta be to sign a contract and be bound by it' so I wasn't really thinking along THOSE lines.)

Also, both my guys will probably realize pretty quickly that we need to get the colony up and running first, and agree with Alex about holding off on the breeding protocol until that's achieved. Jason will probably have a task pretty soon: analyzing tree wood samples to determine if they're suitable for building log cabins. Time to make like the original pioneers!

Another thing I wanted to bring up: what if among the medical supplies they find, there are all of the basic requirements for an IVF procedure but nothing fancy?

Another thing I wanted to bring up: what if among the medical supplies they find, there are all of the basic requirements for an IVF procedure but nothing fancy?
Let's say not.

@Jack Stalker if you make "into the woods" something more like day 5, Jason might find a curious young girl wanting to join him. Day 3 is likely to be busy with more introductions.

@Colonel_Liam great idea for Elizabeth to call a meeting of her potential students. Will the offer of 'practice' be part of the invitation? I'm trying to decide how Lea might approach that idea. I do love the idea of their teacher working to 'normalize' the situation.

All: I kind of like the practice of posting character pictures either as links or small images. It helps me keep track of who is who, how does it work on everyone's preferred devices? I do ask that NSFW content not be in open images unless the thread is marked as such, that is actually a Bluemoon rule. Links should be labelled NSFW as well unless the entire thread is labelled.

Let's say not.

@Jack Stalker if you make "into the woods" something more like day 5, Jason might find a curious young girl wanting to join him. Day 3 is likely to be busy with more introductions.

@Colonel_Liam great idea for Elizabeth to call a meeting of her potential students. Will the offer of 'practice' be part of the invitation? I'm trying to decide how Lea might approach that idea. I do love the idea of their teacher working to 'normalize' the situation.

All: I kind of like the practice of posting character pictures either as links or small images. It helps me keep track of who is who, how does it work on everyone's preferred devices? I do ask that NSFW content not be in open images unless the thread is marked as such, that is actually a Bluemoon rule. Links should be labelled NSFW as well unless the entire thread is labelled.
Yes Elizabeth wants to practice with her students.

Day 5, Will do.

Yeah, with everyone playing multiple characters it's easy to see at a glance who is who.

@Jack Stalker Nice summary of the proverbial smorgasbord Lea mentioned and considering the face claim I am sure that he won't have to go looking to get laid. I'm pretty sure he will have plenty of unsolicited offers. It also makes him the only male that Capheus might consider letting breed his granddaughter Abeba and his daughter-in-law Khandi. (Momoa is part Native Hawaiian, right? And isn't his mother part Native American?

Also. Drugs ... that will be much needed. I knew a botanist would be a great addition to the group. I can totally see the kids gathered around him at a bonfire trying some of his smokable plants.

Great thinking outside the box with Cara surviving and joining the colony, an escape pod. (y) Just one small thing though. With Cara settling in with the Mercers she would be the fourth young female in the family (there is Mac as well). Her drone will of course be very useful in exploring the surroundings safely.
Thanks.

How about there was a 'birthing ship, for test tube babies, but that got destroyed?

However, even without that, you could still go the "Sperm sample + Turkey baster" route LOL

However, even without that, you could still go the "Sperm sample + Turkey baster" route LOL

Joke appreciated but any other method of impregnation than the good old-fashioned rompy pompy would sort of defeat the entire purpose of this story.

SO. I'll say this once, since there has been suggestions made from more than one other player (I won't name names). Please stop trying to save Caitlin from having to go through the horrible experience of having to get fucked by a male, Please.

Back
Top Bottom