Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

Breeding Protocol
  • The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.

That's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
    About contraception
  • Is there any penality if there is a pregnancy with a "non-breeding" partner?

I wouldn't say so as long as there isn't already a child conceived by the couple. There might perhaps be drama though, especially from the male who ends up not being the father. He might consider himself betrayed and demand some other form of retribution against the actual father.

Since the penality for using contraceptives is harsh, is it safe to assume they don't exist on the Jupiter?

I would say the penalty is as harsh as I made it because they do exist on the Jupiters, though the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.

Back
    Top Bottom