Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I know we flirted a little in the last one with alien threats whether they were plants, wildlife, or intelligent creatures. Did we have thoughts about that fir this one?

I mean it would be a bit far fetched if there wasn't some external threat, right?

I actually enjoyed my little plant hive enough to consider trying to sneak them back in somehow.

But large predators, or smaller ones that move in packs is always an option.

Yeah exploring the planet to find threats, ancient alien ruins and such would be a good mix with everything that's going if that makes sense.

I think Drake and Robinson so far? I think the general premise is three families and some unrelated hangers on.

Okay, cool. Now, I have a few more questions. One, did these 3 family groups end up on this planet by accident or intent? If it's not an accident, why were they not slated to join a more genetically diverse colony? Finally, what drove the exodus from Earth in the first place?

Accident, they were on a larger colony ship with more people that suffered a malfunction and these people escaped in short range ships that double as living quarters.

Accident, they were on a larger colony ship with more people that suffered a malfunction and these people escaped in short range ships that double as living quarters.
Ah, so there stands a possibility of reuniting with the others? Even if it's hopeless, one character who refuses to accept that could be a good source of drama.

Also, I like and am totally on board with the idea of using dice rolls to determine if a pregnancy takes. There's a similar mechanic in a homebrew document for sex in DnD.

I think I might be using that same sheet as inspiration, with things like age and health in place of the racial modifiers.

Happy for her to be Lucas's wife if you like.

As for Owen he can be thrown into any family as well.
Were you intending them to be a father and son team? I don't really recommend it but totally your call.

Yeah I'll thrown Owen as Alexander's son to spread them out. If that's alright. Was hoping to separate them.

There are some younger girls that need families as well. I plan to add one if needed but I'm looking to see how things balance out.

Back
Top Bottom