Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
Oh, btw, I definitely think there should be predators. I also want there to be an alien civilization on the planet but instead of being hostile I think it would be a welcome change of pace for them to just be really cautious and shy, and very very good at hiding themselves (they could have cloaking technology to aid themselves in this endeavor). They could also be spacefaring and have superior ship tech to the humans...but they still have to find them.

BTW I'm thinking of making one "DILF" (for that one character who needs a husband) and one young dude. Question for the group: how much of everyone's lives were lived in space? Like if my younger guy is 18 or 19, is there time for him to have undergone any sort of training course after turning 18 (not really bootcamp, but maybe they trained a few colonists to be more specialized against defending the colony against threats) before they departed...where? Was this expedition launched from Earth? If so, why?

Oh! One thing I just realized...we should have medical technology and drugs to help women's bodies cope with almost non-stop pregnancy and birth.

(they could have cloaking technology to aid themselves in this endeavor). They could also be spacefaring and have superior ship tech to the humans...but they still have to find them.

Or they are a bronze age level civilisation who are just really really REALLY good at hide and seek.

for that one character who needs a husband

That would be Khandi Nyong'o-Robinson. I'll pm you about it.

Question for the group: how much of everyone's lives were lived in space? Like if my younger guy is 18 or 19, is there time for him to have undergone any sort of training course after turning 18 (not really bootcamp, but maybe they trained a few colonists to be more specialized against defending the colony against threats) before they departed...where?

I'd say at that age he would have been born on the colony ship but why can't he have undergone military train aboard the colony ship. It would make sense that they would continue training soldiers even while the colony ship is en route.

Was this expedition launched from Earth? If so, why?

Yes. Because the Earth was becoming uninhabitable due to an increase in natural disasters, rising sea levels and all such sort of things.

So if one couple got knocked up, they gotta switch out, is that what that rule is saying?

Precisely. Each couple are only allowed to conceive one child together (unless of course it is twins but I would suggest that twins count as one because they still share DNA).

One thing I just realized...we should have medical technology and drugs to help women's bodies cope with almost non-stop pregnancy and birth.

That's half the point of the set up that the colonists only have what is available to them on the three Jupiters and sure each Jupiter may have a medical bay but it would be far from very advanced. Instead they will have to rely on more old fashioned methods. Women have been giving birth for I dunno ... a few million years before epidurals and what not, and not in any small numbers either.

A few notes before I have to travel.

Oh, btw, I definitely think there should be predators. I also want there to be an alien civilization on the planet but instead of being hostile I think it would be a welcome change of pace for them to just be really cautious and shy, and very very good at hiding themselves (they could have cloaking technology to aid themselves in this endeavor). They could also be spacefaring and have superior ship tech to the humans...but they still have to find them.
Predators yes. Alien civilization I wouldn't rule out but let's get the basics off the ground first please. Group RPs have a high mortality rate here, often because they get too complicated. Is that fair?
Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
Let's just keep in mind that rules can be broken, there might just be consequences. Banishment is one possibility but it requires a critical mass of people to enforce. I like the idea of some of the enforcers having some other tools at their disposal, like locking out the controls on their respective Jupiters ( a sort of mini banishment), possible lethal force (our soldier types), and similar things. Just keep in mind, this wasn't the main plan, so they aren't fully prepared medically, socially, or legally and have to cope.

I'll try to check in when I arrive about 6 to 8 hours from now. Have a great day everyone!

I ran a world generator a few time until I found a map I liked. Of course I can continue if there are problems with this one, but I thought this one offered a good mix of coastal and inland locations to land. I thought one good landing spot was near that large lake shaped like a "7" just north of the center. That would be a location where usual seed crops could grow, and have a winter worth worry about, but also provide relatively easy access to the mountains and deeper "pine" forrests to the north and went, and also to the more tropical peninsula to the south. I can make marks on the map later if this works.

1679268085921.png

I am going to wait for @AndNich123 to post her character(s) and see where the gaps need filled. I'm very excited about how things are coming together.

I ran a world generator a few time until I found a map I liked. Of course I can continue if there are problems with this one, but I thought this one offered a good mix of coastal and inland locations to land. I thought one good landing spot was near that large lake shaped like a "7" just north of the center. That would be a location where usual seed crops could grow, and have a winter worth worry about, but also provide relatively easy access to the mountains and deeper "pine" forrests to the north and went, and also to the more tropical peninsula to the south. I can make marks on the map later if this works.

View attachment 27891

It looks great and I agree with your suggested landing site, between the 7 and the ocean. Do you have it in a larger format?

Looks good to me too. Are all three Jupiters going to land in around the same location? Or are they going to land a little away from each other?

and see where the gaps need filled.
Im also still willing to throw one more character (Male or Female) in to fill a gap or desire.

The most obvious need to complete the families would be Mrs Drake and Mrs Mercer.

Are all three Jupiters going to land in around the same location? Or are they going to land a little away from each other?

I would say within casual walking distance from each other.

Sounds good to me. So much like the previous rp. Are we looking to build an outpost or at least a camp site using the Jupiter's again? Or not worry about building a colony knowing that everyone is stuck here.

Are we looking to build an outpost or at least a camp site using the Jupiter's again? Or not worry about building a colony knowing that everyone is stuck here.

I suggest that our stranded colonists do try to build a camp of sorts. After all if they are just going to consider themselves lost without any intention of rebuilding a human society then why enforce the breeding protocol?

Back
Top Bottom