Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I am happy to have Lea and Theo in the Mercer family. No problems whatsoever. They could be Lucas's children from his first marriage and Riley's step siblings.

I have an idea for a female character but I'll wait for people who haven't made their core characters yet.

Was thinking about having two female characters, mother and daughter. Thought about having them as a family without a dad. Sorry for not having them up. Internet issues tonight, and I hurt a finger on each hand at work. Sliced one open and burned the other one.

@AndNich123 so sorry to hear about your fingers, I hope they are better soon. Did you want your pair to be their own family group or basically 'extras' that were visiting another group at the time of the disaster and are therefore somewhat dependent upon them? In the short term, I suggest giving them names as we figure out where to fit them. But I would also consider that we have 2 families needing wives by my count, so I wouldn't be shy about just jumping into a family either. But ultimately, I want you to have a character setup that you can have fun with in the game.

@MsBloom Even before this I was wondering if we shouldn't consider more than 3 families, up to 5 maybe to provide for expansion, or should we just pack more characters into the 3 families? I don't have a strong feeling either way and am open to other discussion of pros and cons.

@MsBloom how do you feel about the breeding protocol to be more open as far as not having a single assigned partner? By this I mean that any male or female can demand reproductive sexual rights with any partner between which there is not a child already in the colony. I favor this from both a story perspective and a logistics perspective as we can basically choose to write with almost anyone that is currently active in the story.

I'm open to discussion on both points but also thinking we are close enough to decide on a start date. We have lots of folks ready to go and I hate to keep everyone waiting, sometimes that is when groups fall apart.

I do like the idea of the breeding program to be more open to give everyone freedom to plot. Would mean for exciting stories to blend into the main story as well. I’d vote for it to be open. I’m always open for the Mercer family to be expanded as well as Lucas would need a wife as well. As with kids always happy to have more included. If anyone wishes to plot feel free to PM and we can plot details.

Even before this I was wondering if we shouldn't consider more than 3 families, up to 5 maybe to provide for expansion,

I have no issues with more families. Five is the most I think we should include though. Which means @AndNich123 you can go ahead and create your mother daughter family as you like without having to cram them into any other family group.

how do you feel about the breeding protocol to be more open as far as not having a single assigned partner? By this I mean that any male or female can demand reproductive sexual rights with any partner between which there is not a child already in the colony. I favor this from both a story perspective and a logistics perspective as we can basically choose to write with almost anyone that is currently active in the story.

I thought that was the agreement we already had. Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my Breeding Protocol. I'll revise. It's the second point on the list that muddles it a bit right?

I have no issues with more families. Five is the most I think we should include though. Which means @AndNich123 you can go ahead and create your mother daughter family as you like without having to cram them into any other family group.

I thought that was the agreement we already had. Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my Breeding Protocol. I'll revise. It's the second point on the list that muddles it a bit right?
I think, maybe add it to the top post and make it sticky please 🥺. That sounds dirtier than I expected.

Sure. We could make a family. Then again, if there is an existing family that doesn't mind working with me, I'm all ears. Well, maybe not ALL ears. lol.

Sure. We could make a family. Then again, if there is an existing family that doesn't mind working with me, I'm all ears. Well, maybe not ALL ears. lol.
I’m always happy to plot something with you if you wanted to plot something out.

I really should be trying to sleep. It's almost 5 am here. Good thing I don't have to work today. lol.

I have another business travel day so this will be short. Back to regular schedule Tuesday evening I hope.

My thought for the day is NON-CON. I do enjoy a bit of non-con and this story has a certain Lord of the Flies feel to it that might be fun. Here are my thoughts.

• Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.
  • I'd love to see a simple dice element, on the honor system with six sided dice. Aggressor(s) post then rolls, victims roll then post. With each doing six sided dice we have a scale from -5 to +5.
  • Low scores +/-1 might result in torn clothing etc.
  • The extremes scores +/-5 result in injury, due to our story setup, sexual assault is basically consequence free, but physical assault would be frowned upon and may result in sanctions. So being the aggressor isn't risk free, and depending on circumstances, resisting too strenuously might have consequences.
  • Other scores can be fleshed out but basically just drive the resulting narrative, evade, helpless, etc. @Colonel_Liam perhaps you would want to flesh this out a bit?
I hope everyone has a great day, I can read but not write for about 12 hours but I'm definitely excited to get started soon.

Speaking of getting started I was thinking of giving it until Friday (March 24) to get all the characters up. (I will put up the more official character thread soon, as promised.) By then all characters should be sorted into a family group. There can be as many as five Jupiters having made it to the surface.

By Friday we should also have agreed on a starting point, and i might even have a starting post ready to go. Perhaps Lea will too, and I would suggest you all consider having introductory posts ready for Friday as well

My suggestion for a starting point is about a week after the crash with Journal Entries in the main story thread giving each character's point of view on what happened and how they managed to make it to the planet relatively safely. I have already planned for one of my characters to suffer some minor injuries, mainly because it makes sense that at least some of our colonists would get more or less injured.

Together with @apollo247 I have also discussed his character Owen spotting something that look like ruins on the way down something we would like two of our characters to to go exploring relatively soon after the crash. We would like to coordinate that with @Colonel_Liam and request that he plays as GM for the exploration.

I don't feel we have to have a big meeting like we did last time but a meeting can be referenced in Journal Entries where each character can give their own view on the implementation of the Breeding Protocol.

These are of course only suggestions on how and where to start.

I would also suggest that since @Colonel_Liam have already offered to GM all exploration of the planet that we consider having other GMs for other aspects of the over all story. Like @LeaT said, there is a certain Lord of the Flies quality to this story also and that means there will be some form of politics within the colony.

Of course this story will be very smut based but let us try to also build a story around the smut. There is a colony to be built from whatever materials can be found on the planet, farming to be started, a sustainable source of fresh water to be secured and so on. There is also an entire world to be built, wildlife both on land in in the sea, plants, weather conditions, seasons but also a new social structure within the colony, leadership, security and other areas of responsibility.

I have another business travel day so this will be short. Back to regular schedule Tuesday evening I hope.

My thought for the day is NON-CON. I do enjoy a bit of non-con and this story has a certain Lord of the Flies feel to it that might be fun. Here are my thoughts.

• I'd love to see a simple dice element, on the honor system with six sided dice. Aggressor(s) post then rolls, victims roll then post. With each doing six sided dice we have a scale from -5 to +5.
  • Low scores +/-1 might result in torn clothing etc.
  • The extremes scores +/-5 result in injury, due to our story setup, sexual assault is basically consequence free, but physical assault would be frowned upon and may result in sanctions. So being the aggressor isn't risk free, and depending on circumstances, resisting too strenuously might have consequences.
  • Other scores can be fleshed out but basically just drive the resulting narrative, evade, helpless, etc. @Colonel_Liam perhaps you would want to flesh this out a bit?
I hope everyone has a great day, I can read but not write for about 12 hours but I'm definitely excited to get started soon.
I think the basics there are pretty good. I may lean towards a d20 system so that things like advantages and disadvantages can be a little more easily qualifed mentally. A +1 is a 5% increase, -2 a 10% decrease, rather than the 16.666667 percentages of a d6.

Rather than having stats like a dnd game, a player can declare certain things that are true about their character trying to accomplish a certain goal. "Alexander is strong so he might be able to brute force the rusty lever, and he's a mechanic so he might have a vague understanding of the alien machine relic." Then in my role as Dm say, ok those advantages make sense, add +4 to your roll. Once the result of a roll is done and communicated, the GM says what kind of effect the roll had on the situation.

Player :Alexander rolled a 14.
GM: He does not understand most of what this machine does, but he is able to determine that that lever opens the main door, and is able to toggle it, despite years of rust. The door swings open, giving the group a chance of escape.

In terms of pregnancy, the female character rolls a d20, with any appropriate modifiers. Things that make pregnancy more difficult, like age give a bonus, and things that make impregnation easier a negative So Khandi might add a +2 for being a older character, and Caitlin being young gets a -2.

The male character(s) try to beat that roll, with things that make it easier like being younger, giving a positive, and things that make it harder being a negative.

Player 1: Khandi is older so she gets a +2 to her difficulty, but she's also been masturbating all day, and her partner has been going for a marathon session all day, with numerous creampies. So she gets a net -2 and rolled a 16.
Player 2: Owen is younger so he get a a +2, but he's also inexperienced and doesn't go as deep as should have so is rolling a net 0 modifier. Low roll, only 8.
GM: Too bad, despite their marathon session, Khandi still isn't pregnant. Guess they'll have to try again.

In the event of success we can do and under/over roll to determine things like twins and such.

Yea. That all sounds reasonable. I was a bit hesitant to using just a d6 for either. And damn, now I really must get the old gang together for a DnD session again.

Back
Top Bottom