Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me!
I should have some posts up tonight. I'm still at work until 10, but then I'm hanging around here until 11. So I'll have an hour and my laptop. Hope everyone is doing well.
No worries! I'm looking forward to you're replies Nich. Doing. Well hope you are as well!

@Colonel_Liam @Aluora @apollo247
If I may make a strictly chronological comment to the Elizabeth's Classroom thread.

On Day 3 AC Owen and Abeba would not be able to attend because they would be exploring the ruins still, not expected back until Day 5. I will try to work up a bit of a chart over where everyone is and when to help avoid chronological discrepancies.

seconded.
door is unlocked,

If I may make a strictly chronological comment to the Elizabeth's Classroom thread.

On Day 3 AC Owen and Abeba would not be able to attend because they would be exploring the ruins still, not expected back until Day 5. I will try to work up a bit of a chart over where everyone is and when to help avoid chronological discrepancies.
I tried to change to day three, but i think i made the edit after Aluora started writing, so day 6 probably is the actual day now.

With our journal posts, is it alright to make a post for day 4? I noticed all the ones so far are day 3. I don't want to jump ahead.

Make a journal post for day 3650... that way you know your character will survive for at least another 10 years :D

With our journal posts, is it alright to make a post for day 4? I noticed all the ones so far are day 3. I don't want to jump ahead.
Absolutely! You can layout your week as much as you like. As always I recommend flagging other writers if you want to be sure they read anything relating to them.

I don't think there is a rush, and I don't think there is a fixed schedule, but at some point we can add a week 2. (Though I'm barely able to flesh out week 1 as of yet.)

Make a journal post for day 3650... that way you know your character will survive for at least another 10 years :D
Jason will be old and shriveled by then, used up by all these younger women!

As long as you stay within Week 1, so anywhere up to Day 7 is fine. Let me know if you want to skip ahead into Week 2 and I will set up the thread.

I don't think there is a rush, and I don't think there is a fixed schedule, but at some point we can add a week 2

No rush indeed. I will add weeks as we move along, one at the time though to avoid having some characters weeks of not months ahead of the others.

Jason will be old and shriveled by then, used up by all these younger women!

I doubt that will take as long as 10 years though. I think most of them will be throwing themselves at him.

A thought on how to avoid chronological discrepancies (such as adding characters that are elsewhere occupied to a new scene or placing an event prior to one it refers to These things happen to all writers when not working with a linear chronology):

We could add week and day to the title of all threads. Thoughts?

Last edited:
A though on how to avoid chronological discrepancies (such as adding characters that are elsewhere occupied to a new scene or placing an event prior to one it refers to These things happen to all writers when not working with a linear chronology):

We could add week and day to the title of all threads. Thoughts?
Yeah I believe that would work out quite well. Just so that everyone knows where everyone is. Maybe even a timeline of events as well in a separate thread that gets updated often?

I will get to something like that soon.
Just don't over commit yourself. It is a good idea, but sounds like a big time commitment and for me would be minimal fun. How bad will it be if someone 'double books' a character? Continuity is a virtue but to me at least not a must have so don't feel like you must do this, especially if it will take away from your IC writing. Just a suggestion, I know you like to keep things organized and you are certainly better at it than I am!

Just don't over commit yourself.

I promise. I won't make it my #1 priority. Just a little something to work on on this side of the Atlantic while you're all working of sleeping on the other side.

How bad will it be if someone 'double books' a character?

In my head it can get pretty bad if I should find myself with a character doing two things at the same time. We're talking writer's block level bad.

Sounds good, thank you!

You want to set it up by having a presumably reluctant Riley head on over to the Nyong'o-Robinson Jupiter (It should be otherwise empty I think since Khandi left to talk to Ana about the deal Capheus and Lucas struck.)

My apologies for those waiting for a response from me. Been a pretty stressful day. I will hopefully find time tonight.

Sounds reasonable to me if they've travelled at near-lightspeed.

This will mean that most of the adults too will be space born and the only character with any actual memories of Earth will be Capheus who would have been 22 when The Endeavour set off.

Right now I can't find the actual posts where it was discussed that The Endeavour left Earth in 2046 and crashed in 2090 but since no one opposed this I assumed everyone was on board with it. I have noticed though that some player have mentioned their characters having been born back on Earth. I would as that this is rectified for the sake of narrative logic since others have made suggestions that their characters were born en route.

Back
Top Bottom