Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
So, I'm wondering about the feasibility of a plot device we discussed previously: the presence of jettisoned supplies floating about in the system between the star and their planet

With the suggestion of cryo pods being jettisoned made by @LeaT I would say it makes even more sense now than before that perhaps pods of supplies could have also been jettisoned. Most jettisoned pods would probably still have been sucked into the sun with The Endeavour or been severely damaged to the point where they no longer can support life.

Maybe at some point during exploring other parts of the planet our colonists can find a crashed cryo pod with a dead human inside.

Pods with supplies (or possibly other surviving colonists) floating around in orbit or just outside or orbit will certainly make for some fun flying scenes.

Just normal youth rolls for them all, or any extenuating circumstances?

I had a thought this morning after a conversation with my girlfriend over breakfast.

Some of the younger females (the Mercer twins for sure) might have been on birth control pills and those can take a little while before the effect fully wears off after you stop taking them? At least that's how I understood it. This could perhaps be a modifier to make impregnation less likely.

It's funny you bring that up, @MsBloom because, and I'm sorry i keep bringing up this game, but in Mass Effect Andromeda the colonists were all on hormonal birth control when coming out of cryo sleep, because children would strain already scarce resources.

@captain_bond my view on the jupiters is that they were meant to transport a family unit from the main ship down to a planet surface. Perhaps they have enough fuel to abort and return if something catastrophic happened but escaping a planets gravity takes significantly more energy than landing. It wouldn't be able to be done indefinitely. I suggest that it can be done, but would take some cooperative work to perhaps strip down one of the jupiters, scavenge fuel from others, etc. If you want to make a post that works through this, I have no objection if @MsBloom does not. Ideally there would be some IC discussion about the pros and cons of such a mission among the families. Some families may not want to participate but I think it would be some good RP material.

Lea can probably do some of the math, and/or find targets.

@captain_bond my view on the jupiters is that they were meant to transport a family unit from the main ship down to a planet surface. Perhaps they have enough fuel to abort and return if something catastrophic happened but escaping a planets gravity takes significantly more energy than landing. It wouldn't be able to be done indefinitely. I suggest that it can be done, but would take some cooperative work to perhaps strip down one of the jupiters, scavenge fuel from others, etc. If you want to make a post that works through this, I have no objection if @MsBloom does not. Ideally there would be some IC discussion about the pros and cons of such a mission among the families. Some families may not want to participate but I think it would be some good RP material.

Lea can probably do some of the math, and/or find targets.
I had as similar thought. Some amount of fuel is still available. However generous it might be will run out eventually.This of course brings up the need for the colonists to actually... colonize.

It's his (meaning Nate's IC) idea, he can talk others into it. You can flesh the idea out a bit OOC if needed to see if anyone wants to play the idea out with you. Like I said, Lea will help with some of the theory stuff but others can jump in if they want. But you will need to give them a little time to respond and express an interest. It won't be instantaneous!

I had a thought this morning after a conversation with my girlfriend over breakfast.

Some of the younger females (the Mercer twins for sure) might have been on birth control pills and those can take a little while before the effect fully wears off after you stop taking them? At least that's how I understood it. This could perhaps be a modifier to make impregnation less likely.
I can plug those effects in of course.

@apollo247 @MsBloom There seems to be some confusion about Nate's location relative to Owen's and Abeba's. Nate fell into an underground cavern, with a stream running through it. Owen fell into something that was created by human hands.

Engineering was (is?) Charles' wheelhouse.
Like I said, Lea will help with some of the theory stuff but others can jump in if they want.

Abeba would have some engineering skills and could probably contribute to making it work, at least for one run out of orbit.

At some point I feel they will find a source of fuel but that's way into the future as they have no way of refining any material they find right off the bat.

There seems to be some confusion about Nate's location relative to Owen's and Abeba's. Nate fell into an underground cavern, with a stream running through it. Owen fell into something that was created by human hands.

And who is to say they cannot still be connected? However I still feel it is a better idea if Nate isn't more seriously injured than being able to make it out on his own.

There seems to be some confusion about Nate's location relative to Owen's and Abeba's. Nate fell into an underground cavern, with a stream running through it. Owen fell into something that was created by human hands.

Sorry. I hadn't read @apollo247 's post before replying. You are right.

This:
Looking around he noticed Nate coming down

Needs to be edited out because Owen and Nate are not in the same place at all.

Fair point, and I feel the same. But it's hard to, well, do what you mentioned in PMs over your brother's and your girlfriend's brother's unconscious body.

Also was thinking of getting a hunting party organised as well for hunting wild animals as Lucas. Let me know if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. Thinking it might be early day 7?

If Theo wanted something to domesticate, we could say that there are means to incapacitate as well as kill in the Jupiters' armories. Perhaps there are tranquilizer darts and guns that can fire them.

I was thinking it would be just one thread with the hunting party. Hunting and bringing food back to the colony.

Back
Top Bottom