Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I'm doing something different with Nate, don't worry, I'm on board with the hunting party. But he's, well, seeing what he can snare the day before if you know what I mean...

Having some RL issues. Will get to responses hopefully tomorrow. Sorry for the delay to those waiting.

No worries bro.

On another note, is my thing with Nate in his bed recovering, well, A) pointless, or B) putting the cart before the horse, as it were?

On another note, is my thing with Nate in his bed recovering, well, A) pointless, or B) putting the cart before the horse, as it were?

Unless you have something plotted with another player you might consider just writing a journal entry about his convalescence. Day 6 would be a good choice for the timeline. The three of them will get back from exploring the ruins sometime during Day 5.

I meant that in the context of Lea simply jumping in and replying without any plotting required. It was meant as an open invitation sort of thing, sorry about not mentioning that beforehand.

I meant that in the context of Lea simply jumping in and replying without any plotting required

She did mention having Mia stop by yes.

But:

It was meant as an open invitation sort of thing, sorry about not mentioning that beforehand.

We had this same discussion when @Jack Stalker did the same thing with Into the Woods.

If we don't have a plot with a partner ready to do the scene then we will end up with a clutter of one post threads that could have been Journal Entries instead. Those are there for a reason after all.

So [OPEN] invitations for scenes should go in the Journal thread? :)

I like the idea (as they've both worked out for me so far) but I understand that 15 [open] threads could get out of hand, fast! LOL (I did say I'd delete them if they did not get a response though).

Maybe limit them to one per player (not per character)?

So [OPEN] invitations for scenes should go in the Journal thread? :)
That was not the intent of my post, I simply liked that you labelled your thread "Open" so anyone looking at the Lost in Space sub forum will know they are free to jump in.

I'd say just delete ones that don't work out before making any new ones. There should be room for spontaneity, but they can crash and burn. It is pretty easy to make/delete/edit threads, unlike PM RPs, so it isn't a huge deal if we need to prune.

I was curious if there was a limit to how many threads a character can be active in (outside of not doing two things on the same time of day)?

I believe that, plus "don't make temporal pardoxes" are the only two limits. What I mean by that second part is basically, don't put something in one post that isn't reflected in the other, should such a thing apply. Ex: if Joseph Schmo tells Jacinda Doe he is a virgin on Day 2, it's impossible for him to have participated in a raucous orgy on Day 1.

On a somewhat related note, I think there was some confusion as to the timing of Nate's thread with Mia. I believe that the hunting party would have departed on Day 6 or 7, giving Nate time to recover.

I was curious if there was a limit to how many threads a character can be active in (outside of not doing two things on the same time of day)?
Not really, just don't overwhelm yourself. (I've done it too often myself.)

Ex: if Joseph Schmo tells Jacinda Doe he is a virgin on Day 2, it's impossible for him to have participated in a raucous orgy on Day 1.
Unless he is a liar! Not that anyone does that in an RP:)

@MsBloom I thought Nate was in Elizabeth's classroom now? Also, I am torn between the group following Nate's advice, and completely ignoring it. It will be interesting both to see what they say, and how Lea reacts to his attempts to slow things down for her sake.

@MsBloom I thought Nate was in Elizabeth's classroom now? Also, I am torn between the group following Nate's advice, and completely ignoring it. It will be interesting both to see what they say, and how Lea reacts to his attempts to slow things down for her sake.
She is talking about the self-defense class, a different scene.

Lea is likely going to be long gone unless Mrs. Drake insists she stay. I believe Liam is dealing with some IRL so we may need to wait a bit on that answer which is fine with me.

Just making sure everyone involved in Self Defence Sessions @Jack Stalker @LeaT @Aluora are aware that Abeba brought Caitlin along to observe even if she can't exactly participate just yet due to her injury.
Sorry, I have amended my post to acknowledge her.

Back
Top Bottom