Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
Anyway, given the most recent post in "Building the Colony", I think it might be a good idea to keep track of all our infrastructure-related IC accomplishments in one concise area. Seeing as a whole thread would just be cluttered, I vote we add it to the sticky that @MsBloom has so diligently kept up to date for us all.

@AndNich123 I am really loving Mac's opinion of her sisters. Thing One and Thing Two always makes me giggle a little when I read it.

@everyone in Elizabeth's Classrom, great writing all. Maybe not exactly how I imagined it would go but I'll be damned if I am going to complain about it, (minor details aside that I have pointed out to each player respectively and privately).

@Aluora Loving Riley's change in attitude with Capheus. It should be a fun scene once he takes charge.

Also: I am starting to notice that many of our characters are approaching the end of Week 1. Does any of you have plans that require opening up Week 2 Journal Entries? If so then please let me know and I will open it.

Also: I notice that we are still not time tagging the thread titles. Please remember to do this when starting a new thread. For now I am thinking we should put it down as week and day, like this: Week 1 Day 6 / Week 2 Day 1 instead of just Day 6 and Day 8. I will make the round through our subforum and see if I can edit the thread titles to reflect when they take place. Hope no one has any objections to this.

It might be hard to sum the number of times I edited my post in "Elizabeth's Classroom" without a calculator at this rate! LOL! But for real, I'd added a warning about Nate catching someone raping another, but then I figured it didn't really track with what he was mad about. Anyway, hope that wasn't too out-of-left-field, so to speak.
Yes, it is important to keep what you know as a reader of all these scenes from what your character knows. Same for your partners' inner dialogue, if it isn't in quotes they are only thinking it, not saying it.

For what it is worth, I was trying to set Nate up for some attention from the Mercer twins which I hear is a hot ticket!

Same for your partners' inner dialogue, if it isn't in quotes they are only thinking it, not saying it.

I tend to use italics for internal monologue such as for instance: Come on now Ms.B. It's just a bleeding typo, no need to get your underwear all bunched up in the cracks.

@MsBloom Yes, I figured Riley would naturally start to enjoy herself with Capheus, even more so with how Lucas has been acting after the crash.

@LeaT @captain_bond I was planning on having my next post with Riley deal with Nate walking out...whether he likes it or not!

@MsBloom , I'm glad you like it. Mac may give her sisters a hard time, but deep down she loves them. Giving people nicknames is kinda her thing. Mom, Pops, Thing One, Thing Two, Alex, Lizzie. Calling people by their full, given name just might be a rarity for her. Maybe that's something for when the scene is serious or intense. We'll see.

It's a long day here. Won't even leave work until 11pm.

@MsBloom , I'm glad you like it. Mac may give her sisters a hard time, but deep down she loves them. Giving people nicknames is kinda her thing. Mom, Pops, Thing One, Thing Two, Alex, Lizzie. Calling people by their full, given name just might be a rarity for her. Maybe that's something for when the scene is serious or intense. We'll see.

It's a long day here. Won't even leave work until 11pm.
Oof, drink lots of water.

Ugh...I'm really sorry. It's been some time since I did a group RP, so my apologies for misreading certain things and breaking the immersion.

Regarding the part where Nate heard about the plant from "Into the Woods", there are a number of ways he could have found out, ranging from being so bored during his recovery that he looked up any new discoveries that were put into the database, to there being a functioning rumor mill/grapevine/whatever you wanna call it, which, quite frankly, is not all that far-fetched for a colony of roughly two dozen people.

I am wondering if anyone's character besides Theo would have the expertise required to a) isolate and extract the compound in those fruits that cause the aphrodisiac effect, and b) concentrate it, if needed. After all, sometimes nature needs a little push...

if you have a recommended day to use, I'm open to that

Let's hear what apollo has to say first.

BTW, how long until we can't use razors anymore? Hmm...

I'm pretty sure they had razors on the Jupiters.

but deep down she loves them

That does come through actually.

Giving people nicknames is kinda her thing.

Kinda like how Caitlin uses Beba Baby for Abeba.

I am wondering if anyone's character besides Theo would have the expertise required to a) isolate and extract the compound in those fruits that cause the aphrodisiac effect, and b) concentrate it, if needed.

Caitlin is a student of biology so she might know a thing or two about such a process.

Yeah, but how long will they last?

That would depend on the quality. My maternal grandfather still use the same straight razor he's been using since he was in his 20s (about half a century ago). Not that I'd go near the thing for the places I shave but then again ... that's me.

Back
Top Bottom