Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I do not recommend watching each thread for alerts unless you are involved in them. I did that the last time around and shall we say my alerts count went boom. It's high enough as is now.
I watched and selected notification for everything LMAO

Now I have a wall of alerts. Apologies in advance if I miss responding to anyone outside of my RP threads. I'm working on it :D

Wait.. is someone dead? What happened?

I expect open warfare between factions of colonists eventually, of course, but we only just started! LOL

Due to the basic premise of the story, murder would be extremely frowned upon.

In all honesty, from where I'm standing the specter of IC conflict between characters was not raised until a character decided that forcing their chosen breeding partner to submit was their first resort, rather than their last.

In all honesty, from where I'm standing the specter of IC conflict between characters was not raised until a character decided that forcing their chosen breeding partner to submit was their first resort, rather than their last.
Did they even try flowers and a movie? Sheeesh! LOL

As antithetical to the spirit of the RP as this may be, if the final part of the breeding protocol is interpreted the way Capheus has interpreted it by more characters, there may be two colonies unless something changes.

Actually, I have an idea about that...

Personally, I think the IC game is going quite well. I don't see a need for all the OOC concern.

Jason has... uh... *coughs... clears throat* put up a thread about 'Self Defence classes'.

*whistles innocently*

If there are no takers, I will delete it, not looking to clog up anything.. :)

Also Cara has expanded her activities to a 'radio station', you can listen to it by selecting some spare, non emergency, comms channels.

Channel 8 Non Stop Pop
Channel 9 General news, twice a day, noon and 6pm
Channel 10 Talk Radio, 1 hour evening slot.

Jason has... uh... *coughs... clears throat* put up a thread about 'Self Defence classes'.

*whistles innocently*

If there are no takers, I will delete it, not looking to clog up anything.. :)

Also Cara has expanded her activities to a 'radio station', you can listen to it by selecting some spare, non emergency, comms channels.

Channel 8 Non Stop Pop
Channel 9 General news, twice a day, noon and 6pm
Channel 10 Talk Radio, 1 hour evening slot.
I think that these are great ideas. I suspect one or more of my characters will try the SD class, it might take a while so don't take it down too soon.

The radio station is very unique, I have no idea how it is going to work but I love the originality of it and hope to see how it works.

I think that these are great ideas. I suspect one or more of my characters will try the SD class, it might take a while so don't take it down too soon.

The radio station is very unique, I have no idea how it is going to work but I love the originality of it and hope to see how it works.
Thanks.

I figure make up your own imaginary playlist for the music... (or seek out Cara on the GTA V non stop pop channel LOL).

For the General News, again, you could use your imagination to justify knowing about things in general that would be public knowledge.

Talk radio is the only one might need some RP. :)

For self defence I figure a chance to grope 'tastefully and innocently' put Jason's hands on people can't hurt.

No rush for anything. I am a slow poster.

I'm signing off for the night. I think we are off to a great start. Back to work tomorrow but I'm around most nights and will post as I can.

In all honesty he did offer her to submit willingly using reason and logic for them breeding. But maybe we should just drop it until it becomes ann IC reality sshall we.

@Aluora is it ok with you that we postpone the scene with Riley and Capheus until I am at least finished with two of the scenes I am currently writing, I think Capheus vs Khandi should be over relatively soon and depending on the level of detail and activity I think we might conclude either the twins being bred and the Mercer family meeting sometime later this week.

I do not recommend watching each thread for alerts unless you are involved in them. I did that the last time around and shall we say my alerts count went boom. It's high enough as is now.
I just have the sub-forum open and hit refresh occasionally when I don't have anything else going on, lol.

Back
Top Bottom