Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I tweaked Mia's back story to reconcile it with the long duration of their voyage. She was part of a poor family that worked as the servant class aboard the Endeavor, the original mother ship destroyed at the start of her story. She slept her way into the Drake househould then posed as an au pair. You can read it here if interested.

Okay, at some point Cara will potentially spy on some of the characters of @captain_bond @LeaT or @apollo247

I'll write up her observations in her gossip thread, so as not to interrupt the 'flow' anywhere.

If anything happens which would trigger a negative response from her, then she won't see it because of a 'Low Battery' problem or cosmic ray interference. :D

Sounds great to me! If anyone wants to work out some plots with either of my characters feel free to send me a message. Would love to get some extra threads happening.

@apollo247 I suspect Khandi will be having some choice words with Lucas once she finishes with Capheus! Not sure it will be pleasant though.

With that, I'm headed to bed. Great first full day of posting. Remember, writers go at different paces, so try to not get too far ahead of the others. If you like to write often, you can be in more stories, just don't over extend yourself. It is easy to do early on. Good night!

@LeaT Oh yeah I suspect she wouldn't after learning about Lucas and Capheus's meeting. I look forward in it. Have a good night!

Honestly, my first one-on-one with Nate is probably gonna be @Aluora's Riley, at least as far as my own OOC preferences are concerned. But if that's not gonna happen for a while, who knows? There's plenty of fish even in this little pond.

@captain_bond The day was something else. I walked in to find that I had to run my entire shift alone. A shift that takes at least two people was done by one. Thankfully some equipment was down. So that meant only part of my job could be done. Still I closed things down early so that everything could be set for the morning shift coming in. Add to that the fact that my debit card was compromised Thursday, therefore forcing me to get a new one mailed to me, which hasn't arrived yet, and a personal relationship of mine exploding today, and I've had the most wonderful day one can imagine. For the record, I'm on the east coast, in the south to be exact. So ya'll bear with me while I try to get some writing out there tonight. Bless your hearts ya'll are just the sweetest little things anybody could hope for, and yeah, I have a southern accent.

@AndNich123 Hugs! I hope your night and tomorrow are loads better. I am a bit farther north from you, it seems, but we do share a time zone so there's that.

Regarding the RP, so far Nate has established that he'll want to protect certain people, but not necessarily that he wants any of them. He'll definitely try to stay with one girl/woman even while navigating this breeding protocol bullshit. I'm wondering if any of your girls would potentially be interested in him. He's loyal, just and protective, almost to a fault. Definitely the type to take a bullet for his girl, which honestly seems a very real risk here.

Let me know, lol. (I feel like I just wrote a mini personal ad for my RP character, lmao)

Regarding the RP, so far Nate has established that he'll want to protect certain people, but not necessarily that he wants any of them. He'll definitely try to stay with one girl/woman even while navigating this breeding protocol bullshit. I'm wondering if any of the girls would potentially be interested in him. He's loyal, just and protective, almost to a fault. Definitely the type to take a bullet for his girl, which honestly seems a very real risk here.
Consider this Nate's unofficial, probably superfluous and unnecessary personal ad, LMAO!

Honestly, my first one-on-one with Nate is probably gonna be @Aluora's Riley, at least as far as my own OOC preferences are concerned. But if that's not gonna happen for a while, who knows? There's plenty of fish even in this little pond.
I had Riley noticing the Drake brothers so we can have them meet up soon!

@AndNich123 Loving how Mac teases her sisters. Thing one and Thing two. Rags for skirts. Lovely.
Thing one and Thing two are already settling in nice. Wonder if they have a betting pool on who will sleep with the most guys. Maybe betting on who will get knocked up first. Who knows with them. Personally I try to figure out the exact number of items of clothing they'll come to breakfast in. I'm waiting for the day they bounce down naked or at least topless.
This is just brilliant and certainly made my morning just that much better. Nothing like sibling love huh?

@AndNich123 Loving how Mac teases her sisters. Thing one and Thing two. Rags for skirts. Lovely.

This is just brilliant and certainly made my morning just that much better. Nothing like sibling love huh?

LOL to be honest Lucas is hoping for this to happen. He wouldn't mind it at all.

Added a few reference pictures to the Images thread, Jupiter on the ground, Chariot and Lower Deck Common Room. Of course each family would have decorated the latter differently to make it more homely but that is the basic version.

I think we should start (slowly-ish) nudging our characters towards building some more long-term housing. Charles already planted the seed (ba-dum tsssss) when he asked Jason about taking samples of trees. As much as this is likely to devolve into a (not drug-induced) orgy, they're still gonna want to keep their little nuggets warm when they are born. And when--not if--the Jupiters run out of fuel, they're gonna either be glad they built more permanent housing, or mourn those who froze to death.

I think we should start (slowly-ish) nudging our characters towards building some more long-term housing.

It will come slowly. I think Alexander and Mac are working on an irrigation system.

We did that fairly early last time as well. We called them Shag Shacks because the first structures outside the Jupiters were to give people some privacy for breeding.

See thread "Bulding the Colony"

Everyone may want to take an occasional look at our sub-forum as that is where new threads will show up. If you are not directly related to them, you won't get tagged. It might also be good practice, if you are starting an open thread, to post here in OOC. That might have happened and I missed it, so good to look from time to time for new items.

Everyone may want to take an occasional look at our sub-forum as that is where new threads will show up.

I do not recommend watching each thread for alerts unless you are involved in them. I did that the last time around and shall we say my alerts count went boom. It's high enough as is now.

I do that on a regular basis, but I suppose I see that thread and all I see for the moment is an irrigation system. Also, apologies for anyone following Charles and Khandi. I had some issues with posting a link, then hitting the reply button in a single tap.

For more social talk. The OoC should be for things related to the story.

Back
Top Bottom