Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins and Twins (Luke & Umbra)

Both the twins were quiet for a few minutes, each one letting the other just soak in everything that had transpired just recently. Then Kaerius was the first one to move, reaching up to gently grab hold of Vee's hands and pull them from his face. 'Hey, look at me," He whispered as he held his brother's hands, lightly squeezing them. It took a minute but Vee finally looked down at him. "It's okay." Kae started, shifting closer so he could touch one of Vee's hands to his cheek for added reassurance. "It's okay to be scared, confused, lost -- Hell, I'm lost on a lot of things most of the time." He awkwardly chuckled, trying his best to lighten the mood. The he sighed, clearing his throat and looking back at his twin so he could continue. "But...it's not okay to keep beating yourself up for feeling those things or for anything else. I've said it before, and Asmodeus said it: it's not your fault." His grip on Veeios tightened. "You're not alone. I'm not going anywhere, and it seems these dragons aren't either. It's okay." Kaerius wasn't sure there was any way he could stress that even more. "I'll be there if you want me to...if you want to ask Salis about Prism, I mean." Did he want Prism to be saved? Of course. But at the risk of more bad things happening...fuck, he felt bad for Vee having to bear such a heavy weight. With another sigh, Kae gave his brother's hands a final squeeze before letting them go, standing and gently patting his brother's shoulders. "I'll be here." He repeated before finally making his way out of the room.

Veeios sat there, keeping still for a moment longer before hunching over, covering his face again. "Damn it." He cursed, sighing heavily before rubbing his eyes. He was no longer shaking, struggling to breath, or on the verge of panicking. But he still felt like shit. Running his fingers through his hair he gazed at the bottle of sleeping pills, feeling so, so tired, wanting nothing more than to take one and go back to sleep. Yet there was still so much for him to think about. 'And dread,' Vee told himself, thinking about the conversation that would take place once Salis finally woke up. He sighed again, cradling his head.

Silas had put his brother into pajama’s and into his bed by the time Kae came into the room. He was putting the blankets over him as he watched Kae walk through the door. “So not what I wanted to do today but at least he is sleeping for once. I don’t even know how long he will be sleeping for It’s been so long.” He ran his hands through his damp hair before sighing. He turned to Kae walking over to him and pull his love into a hug. He rubbed Kae’s back before kissing his forehead lightly. Then resting his head on top of Kae’s, he asked, “How is your brother? I would ask how are you but I can feel you so I know already. I am sorry love. I wish I could help more but If you or I ask Salis would most likely say no. He has very good reasons better ones than I thought he had. I will have to talk to him more about what happened to Our sister but that can wait till morning. Would you like that nap now?”

Asmodeus stayed in a ball purring in Vee’s lap, just pretending she was a normal cat. She didn’t move just laid her head down on his knee with her eyes closed. Her fluffy tail curled around her and over her head. She looked like a soot ball that could breath. All you could see is her slow breaths when her body in hailed and exhaled. Vee could feel and hear the loud rhythmic purring coming from her as she laid in his lap waiting.

Kae let out a slow and deep breath as he leaned into Silas' hold, letting his eyes fall shut. "You know how I'm feeling, yeah? For Vee, take that feeling and triple it." Which meant bad. Sighing he wrapped his arms around Silas, holding on to him as he nodded. "Yes please. I'd really like that nap." He felt like he was about to drop right where he was. He could grab a cigarette later when he woke up, maybe pop on of his pills or two just in case so he wouldn't be the one to have a breakdown next. But for now? Kaerius wanted nothing more than to just crawl into a bed, burrito himself under the covers and sleep the stress away.

For just a little bit longer Vee stayed silent, just mulling over everything and what to say. He moved one of his hands so he could pet Asmodeus again, feeling and hearing her purring as it seemed to lull him slightly. "The worst of it is there's a part of me that's saying it doesn't care what happens to anyone in the end..." He mumbled quietly, frowning. "I hate that." He sighed, rubbing at his eyes with his free hand. "Fuck, I'm so tired." After that Veeios found himself caving, reaching for the sleeping pills so that he could take. 'Should I go to the bed, or stay here?' He hated even more how he hesitated on answering that question. Either way he was pretty sure Salis would be able to tell just how god-awful he was feeling.

Silas took his answer and suiting words to actions picked Kaerius up. “Here I will take you to bed.” He walked quietly out of the room shutting the door behind him carrying Kae in his arms. Once they got to the room Silas sat Kae down on the bed. He pulled his clothes off along with Kae’s, climbed into the bed and pulled the covers over them. He was just as tired as Kae was and all he wanted was to sleep. “Let’s get some sleep we can check on them in the morning.” He kissed Kae before closing his eyes and pulling him in close.

She sat up to look at Vee before moving to the seat next to him. “He won’t mind if you sleep here love. He won’t wake you up for a while, in fact you might have to wake him up. If you have to, do it nicely though he’s a grabber. He almost squished me once it was not so fun. If you can imagine just a bunch of black fluff flying everywhere that’s what I looked like. So just be careful or you might end up like me squished and out of breath.” She handed him his Pill bottle that he was reaching for giving him a little happy mew.

Kaerius hummed softly as he was carried, genuinely glad he didn't have to walk himself back to the room. He honestly probably wouldn't have made it anyway, asking Silas to carry him not even halfway if he had to walk. The instant they were both under the covers he didn't hesitate to scooch in close to cuddle, once again employing the dragon as large teddy bear. "Sounds like a plan," He mumbled quietly, closing his eyes and letting his exhaustion run its course. The morning was going to be interesting, to say the least.

The image that provided got a quiet huff of laughter from Vee. In his experience, normal cats weren't fond of being startled and grabbed like that -- though really, who was fond of it? -- so he could only imagine how it had been for Asmodeus. "Thanks," he said as he grabbed the bottle that had been moved closer and he popped the top off, carefully sliding a pill into the palm of his hand. For a moment he debated on whether or not he should take the full pill or just half. Depending on how late -- or early? He couldn't tell what time it was now -- it was, full one would be a bad idea. He'd be way to out of it to hold any kind of conversation, and he was already bad at that as it was. With a sigh Veeios came to a decision and snapped the pill in two, swallowing one half and putting the other back into the bottle for later. Then, thanks to Asmodeus' reassurance that it would be fine if he slept here, he grabbed the blanket he'd brought in with him and made the move to lay down. "Guess we'll see if I get squished or not later if I'm the first to wake up." He added as he pulled the blanket close, letting his eyes fall shut a moment later.

Asmodeus curled up next to him to take a nap herself. At least he seemed a bit better if he could laugh at what she said she thought. She woke up before the Vee or Salis so she decided to go look into what she should do if what she found was true. It wasn’t long before the sun peek out from over the hills. Only an hour ago the blackness was absolute, but now the mist was visible, silvery. Against this backdrop the trees were silhouettes, still as an oil painting and darker than the ravens. Come mid-morning those infernal birds were hopping in the branches, Singing there morning songs to the new light of the day. Silas woke up to the sun shining in his open window. He had forgotten to close it before going to bed last night. He looked down to see Kae sleeping soundly. He decided to try and let him sleep some more. He took Kae’s arms and pried them from him little did he know as soon as he had done so he would fall off the bed. He had been sleeping sideways in the bed so now with a thump and an “Ow the hell??” he was half on the bed half off. His head had hit the table on the way down making him see stars.

Kaerius came to with a startled grunt, the sounds of Silas falling being enough to wake up. He looked around, confused for a moment before rubbing his eyes -- he distinctly remembered falling asleep after cuddling up to Silas. Blinking he looked around for the dragon, only seeing half of him on the bed. He scooched closer to the edge of the bed, giggling when he found Silas casually hanging off the side of the bed. "Aw, had a bad fall, huh? You hang out here often?" He giggled again before covering his mouth to muffle the yawn that broke free. "Hm, better you than me." Kae hummed before moving to sit up, holding a hand out in an offer to help the other male up. "C'mon, get back up here so I can kiss your new boo-boo away."

“No.” He said flatly. “I was just wondering how it feels to be a bat instead of a dragon.” Silas said tilting his head and giving Kae a grumpy face. He reached for Kae’s hand but instead of letting Kae pull him up Silas smiled and pulled hard bring Kae down to his level. “better you than me. Now what was that about offering to kiss me?” He grinned. He knew that Kae wasn’t a morning person so he wouldn’t have expected him to pull him off the bed to. Now they both were half off the bed in a tangle of blankets, arms and legs. Silas didn’t wait for Kae to kiss him. He just bent down and pried his mates mouth open with his own, enjoying the feel of his soft lips on his. One hand reached up by Kae’s face to curl around the back of his head and pull him into the kiss more. Silas’s other hand had found its way down to Kae’s ass and was happy to just squeeze and group where it landed.

There was a startled gasp from Kae when he suddenly pulled off the bed. In hindsight, he should've seen it coming, since that was a move he would've done if their positions had been switched. He would've laughed if he hadn't been pulled into the kiss, instead he nearly purred as he melted into the intimate exchange. He let one hand slip into Silas' hair while the other one laid against the dragon's chest. After lightly nipping at Silas' lip Kaerius pulled away from the kiss, grinning at the other male. "Hm, does it really count if you kiss me?" He asked teasingly as he shifted his hips slightly to grind his ass against the hand the groped it. Then with a snickered he leaned in to kiss Silas' forehead, followed by meeting his lips again for a quick kiss. "There, now it counts."

Veeios was trying his hardest to stay asleep. Every part of him was just not ready to face the day and he tried to push it away by pulling the blanket over himself more and pretending he wasn't awake. But after a couple minutes of lying there stuck in the limbo of sleep not returning, he cursed under his breath and finally sat up, rubbing at his eyes as he yawned. "Fuck..." He grumbled as he ran his hands through his hair, briefly eyeing the pill bottles on the table before standing to make his way to the bedroom. Vee paused as he looked at the sleeping Salis, hesitating for a moment at the thought of waking the male. Then with a sigh he made his way over, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as he gently nudged Salis' shoulder with a soft "Hey,"

Silas slapped Kae’s ass lightly with a grin “Easy now kitten I might eat you alive if you keep that up.” Whispered Silas into Kae’s ear before nipping it. One hand rested on Kae’s back and started to rub it softly. The other wrapped around him before Salis got up and laid back down next to Kae in the bed. “I don’t have to get up yet and I know you’re not a morning person so why don’t we get up slowly then go down to find food and see how Vee and Silas are doing?” He didn’t have to just up just yet he thought the day could wait a little longer.

Salis made no move to wake up, He was in a deep sleep and had been for a while. He didn’t even move from the spot Silas had put him. Both arms were up over his head and he was sleeping soundly. His shallow breathing was the only thing Vee could hear as proof he wasn’t dead. He looked like he had been sleeping for years even though it had only been about six to seven hours.

Kaerius hummed softly as he cuddled into Silas, somewhat laying on the male as he laid his head on Silas' chest. "Hm, you won't hear any protests from me," He said. It'd take something major or somebody literally carrying him out of bed to make him miss out on a chance to sleep in or stay in bed longer. "We just can't forget to bring Vee's glasses with us. Otherwise laughing about it and teasing it as much as we did last night would've been a waste of time." Kae added with a grin as he glanced up at the dragon.

Sighing to himself when he got no response from Salis Vee shook his head. "Well then..." He mumbled, looking at the sleeping male for a moment longer as he debated on whether or not he should actually wake the dragon. Then with another sigh he wound up laying down next to Salis instead, bringing his hands up to cover his eyes. He could feel a faint headache coming on at the thought of getting up and doing...well, just about anything, really. 'Fuck it,' Veeios told himself. 'A couple more minutes won't hurt.'

Silas stayed in bed with Kae for at least a few hours more getting into all kinds of trouble with his mate by the time it was time to get up they needed a shower and new sheets and blankets after the dragon had shredded them. “We should go take a shower can you walk or do you need my help?” He said breathlessly hugging Kae to his side.

Salis must have felt Vee’s presence next to him because he reached out and pulled Vee to him. Vee could feel a soft warm energy wash over his body as Silas held him. One hand rubbed Vee’s back while the other rested under Vee’s head. Salis was breathing softly but was still sleeping.

Kae gave a breathless laugh before he rolled over, moving to straddle the dragon. He leaned in, pressing a kiss to Silas' lips. "Hm, I think I can walk by myself," He hummed as he laid down on the other man and grinned. "I mean, with how much we've been romping around, I think I'm starting to get used to it." Kaerius leaned in again to kiss Silas a second time. "Though I can't say I'd complain getting carried around." He added, playfully tapping his fingers against Silas's chest.

Vee took a deep breath, having not expected being pulled against Salis. After he exhaled he shook his head, silently berating himself for being so startled. He couldn't help but relax into the hold, sighing from the warmth and the hand rubbing his back. He didn't know how long he laid there with the dragon, but he knew he had drifted off at some point before coming to again. He groaned quietly, grumbling a curse under his breath -- he still had no idea what time it was. But if he was being honest, he was starting to get hungry, and he wasn't going to take care of that laying here. Even if he was comfortable. "Hey..." Veeios started softly once again, lifting a hand to try and nudge Salis again. "It's time to get up."

Salis chuckled and kissed him back before answering, “I didn’t do a good enough job then if you can still move. … Maybe we should stay here so I can fix that?” He pulled Kae down into his arms and held him there as he rolled over on top of him again. He started to kiss down his mate’s neck flicking his tongue onto his sensitive skin. His hands slid up Kae’s sides until he reached his chest. “Unless your too hungry to continue then we can take a break for food and go downstairs.”

Silas didn’t want to walk up yet in fact he felt like he hadn’t slept in years so when Vee called out he didn’t respond at first. Slowly he opened his eyes only to close them with a groan. He pulled Vee closer and laid on top of him snuggling into the blankets more. If he could help it he was going to sleep till next year, the only thing that could get him up would be an emergency of life or death. He mumbled some in coherent words before making any of them make sense. “later. I will later.” He had no idea who was talking all voices sounded the same to his sleepy mind.

Snickering, Kaerius his head slightly as he felt Silas’ lips along his neck. “Ooh, that’s a tough choice to make. Sex, or food?” With a grin he wrapped his arms around the other male, leaning in to teasingly nip at Silas’ neck in return. “Usually it’s not so hard. In the oh so loving words my dear ol’ twin once said...if you were anyone else, I’d trade you for a doughnut.” Kae laughed at his own words before delivering a quick kiss to Silas’ lips. “But for real though, I wouldn’t mind a quick snack break. I think I could eat a whole dragon at this point.”

The undignified sound of what was supposed to be a protest but came out as a startled squeak instead left Vee before he could stop it. The blush from being suddenly stuck underneath Salis burned brightly. “Hey! Rude.” He huffed before shifting, trying to nudge the dragon awake a third time. “Don’t you ‘later’ me, you ass. I’m hungry now.” Veeios squirmed underneath the dragon, attempting to pull himself out from underneath Salis and away from his hold.

Salis smirked then kissed Kae before he picked them both up and sauntered to the closet to get dressed. “I guess we can do that first since I don’t want you to mistake me for a doughnut.” He chuckled and set Kae down so they could get dressed. Once they were dressed he waited for Kae to grab Vee’s glasses giving him a grin before walking down stairs for food.

Silas heard the voice again this time it was familiar and he groaned once more. “Then go eat but unless your trapped and dying please let me sleep.” He pulled what he thought was a pillow closer for it was squirming too much and buried his head in Vee’s lap grabbing hold of one of his legs to pull him so he could rest on Vee’s abdomen. Silas rested his hands on Vee’s ass groping the males soft flesh. A few minutes later he heard Vee’s voice as it finally registered in his head who was talking. “Vee?” Silas sat up slowly at that point groaning as he did so. It took him a few more minutes to form words and open his eyes wide enough to see what he could only assume was an angry Vee or embarrassed, he wasn’t sure which. “You okay love? Are you hurt?”

Kaerius grabbed Vee’s glasses and slipped them into his pocket, following after Silas with a snicker. “Nah, you don’t have to worry about that. The only eating here is gonna be with legit food or in the sexual sense.” He said with a grin and a wink. “Though, I’m sure you’d taste great if I was a cannibal.” Kae joked with a laugh, reaching up to run his fingers through his hair. Yeah, he's was definitely going to need a shower eventually, and a good brushing too. But food first of course.

Veeios scooted back slightly once he was able to move, bringing his hand up to hide his face and the vibrant color that was painting it. He hadn't been expecting the groping, and damn if it didn't feed more into his embarrassment. "Fine," He grumbled lowly, averting his gaze and keeping it off to the side as he tried to reel himself and his rapidly beating heart in. "I wasn't exactly dying, but I was trapped and couldn't get up to go eat." He huffed and uttered a soft repeated grumble of "'Later'...you ass."

Salis laughed but corrected Kae, “You would have to be a dragon to be a cannibal love.” He walked down the stairs behind him. Making their way to the kitchen they found Silas and Vee were not up yet and the rooms were empty. “Well guess they are not up yet so I will just have to cook. What sounds good? I make no promises that it will be as good as Silas’s cooking but it will taste good just the same.” He got out a pan and some eggs starting to crack them in a small bowl. He had put on an apron so as not to ruin his clothes before he started.

Out of reflex Silas picked Vee up to see if he was truly “Fine” like he had stated. All he could see was the pinkness across Vee’s face so Silas put his forehead to Vee’s to see if he had a fever, to which he didn’t. “I am glad to see you’re okay.” He said setting Vee down in his lap. “Should we go down and eat then? You did say you were hungry and I seem to be hungry too.” Silas leaned in closer so he could hug Vee’s breathing in his smell and sighing.

Kaerius playfully rolled his eyes as he huffed. "Dragon shmagon, that's just semantics. By my book, it'd still count if you're in human form." After that he stuck his tongue out. Then at the mention of Silas cooking he let out a snicker, glancing around the room. He was a little worried at not seeing his twin up and about before him, but given recent events, at the same time he couldn't say he blamed the guy for sleeping in. "Well, I hope you're a better cook than I am. Can't even get toast right -- might as well mistake it for a brick from how burnt it turns out." Kae said with a laugh. He wasn't shy or embarrassed to admit to his own faults.

For a moment Veeios was certain his heart was going to beat out of his chest. He sucked in a breath and briefly tensed before relaxing into Salis' hold. He was quiet, biting at his lower lip almost nervously as he was pelted by his thoughts of the conversation that happened when the dragon had first fallen asleep. Then he sighed, nodding in response to Salis' question. "Yes, I'd like to have breakfast, please."

“I am better than most by what you described.” Salis laughed and cracked a few more eggs before getting out a few pans and the waffle maker. “I will keep in mind not to ask you to cook for us than or help. You might kill us all with your cooking, love.” He grinned at the thought. He moved to the other counter and measured the flour out of a closed jar. “So how do you want to give your brother his lost item? You going to wait for a good opportunity or just hand it to him when he gets down here?” He poured some salt and vanilla into the mix and started mixing as he heated up the waffle maker.

Upstairs Silas had Vee in his arms sitting in his lap. “Okay we can go down and I will make you something. What would you like and no cake is not a breakfast food neither is ice cream so you will have to pick something else.” He hugged Vee to him laughing. Vee must be more awake than he was for once he thought, it had been a long time sense someone had woken him up. He looked down at Vee and watched him sigh. He must still be upset about something but what Silas didn’t know. He would ask later after breakfast hoping that would put Vee in a better mood.

Silas got up placing Vee down on the bed after he told him what he wanted and went to get dressed. Once dressed he went down stairs with Vee. On the way down he picked Vee up and hugged him before putting him down at the bottom of the steps so he could walk himself if he wanted to. If he didn’t Silas was going to pick him back up. When they got there Silas was surprised to see that his brother was cooking. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed before commenting “I guess I really did sleep in huh. Sorry normally I don’t do that...”

At the question, Kaerius placed a hand over his heart to feign a look of hurt. "You really think that I'm not going to take the chance to embarrass my brother? You doubt me that much? Rude!" A grin formed then and he snickered, reaching down to lightly tap at the pocket that had the glasses case in it. "Gotta wait until they're up in each other's personal space, I know that. I'm not an amateur at this, thank you very much. Maybe if Salis tries to feed him again? That'd be a good opportunity." He said with another chuckle, lightly nudging Silas before falling silent before anyone else could hear their conversation, instead quietly watching the man cook.

The comment about no cake and ice cream for breakfast had Veeios chuckling quietly. He couldn't say the idea wasn't tempting. He'd hate to think he'd become that type of person to indulge himself so much, even despite his sweet tooth. But oh, it was so tempting. "Well, if I can't pick the good choices, then I guess pancakes will have to do," He replied after a moment and sat back, sighing when Salis went to go get dressed before following him out. He didn't even protest to being carried down the stairs again, instead murmuring out a soft 'thank you'. Vee couldn't lie to himself: he was starting to melt with each hug. He wasn't made of stone, no matter how much he tried to convince himself of that.

"Everyone has days like that," He said lowly. Veeios himself knew that well. Granted, most of his times -- though few in between -- were drug-induced from his painkillers, but still. "There's no harm in it." He said as he looked up, glancing at Salis before looking towards Kae and Silas. "I just hope he's a better cook than Kae is." Vee then added under his breath.

Silas chuckled, “He’s no Gordon Ramsay but he will do for your basic needs.” Silas was grateful that his brother took over this morning. He was still Tired and honestly if it wasn’t for Vee standing next to him, he would be sleeping standing up. “Hey I heard that! I would like to remind you I am the one who is cooking your food.” Salis turned and waved the spatula before placing a pile of pancakes on the table. “So with that in mind go sit down before you fall. Bro you look like death warmed over so go relax and let me handle it, you can take your matching plush boy with you.” He grinned and looked at Vee before laughing and turning his attention back to the stove.

Silas mindlessly listened and picked Vee up heading for the table to sit down. He yawned and sat down with Vee sitting on his lap. Silas was still in a daze, it seemed like it was hard for him to focus on anything and in fact he found himself nuzzling into Vee’s neck and closing his eyes. He held him close wrapping both arms around his mate in a needy protective manner. The dragon in him only wanted to be as close as it could get and was in charge of what his body was doing at the moment.

Salis was surprised that his brother just up and listened to him for once without complaining. He made a wide eyed surprised face that gave way to a grin. “Well They seem to get along well now… either that or my brother thinks yours is a cuddly stuffed animal. Let’s go eat and see what they want to do today.” Salis walked over to the table and sat the food down before sitting himself.

Veeios only let out a quiet sigh as he was picked up yet again that morning, closing his eyes as he was whisked away to the chair. He leaned back into Salis, not saying a word as he was practically cuddled into oblivion. Damn, he really was starting to turn into mush. It was just so comforting and...endearing, even. He could've genuinely fallen back to sleep if it wasn't for the fact that he was hungry and that Kae and Silas were around. Not that Vee was going to verbally admit it any time soon, of course. Not yet anyway.

As Kaerius took his seat, he had to prop his chin up with his hand so that he had a reason for covering his mouth, hiding the smile he was sporting as he looked over Vee and Salis. He couldn't help it -- it was just nice and adorable, seeing his twin so relaxed in the morning in place of the exhaustion that'd been present in the recent years. He hummed lowly before glancing at Silas, his smile turning into a broad grin. "Maybe it's just me, but I think they've already decided on what they wanna do today. They look pretty content to do that all day, if you ask me." Kae said with a snicker, looking back at the cuddling duo just in time to catch a brief glimpse of his twin flipping him the bird, only making him snicker some more.

Silas was happy just cuddling into Vee but when Vee stuck out his finger to flip his brother off the dragon couldn’t resist sticking it in his mouth and nipping it lightly with a soft growl before letting it go and going back to nuzzling the hell out of the soft mate in his lap. Once the food was on the table Silas had to let Vee go so he could eat but the dragon in him said no. It settled on one arm wrapped around Vee’s waist and the other handed Vee a pastry filled with cream and dusted with powdered sugar. It was a mindless motion as he was still very sleepy. “Hey here have some coffee, see if that helps wake you up before you do something else to adorable to watch and embarrass your better half you got there in your arms.” Salis pointed to Vee with a chuckle and set some coffee down in front of his twin. “You might want to add some sugar and milk in that for him Vee, he is too out of it to really know what he is doing. You’ll have to forgive him very rarely in the morning he will get like this and when that happens he is a clumsy wreck all day. For once I don’t have to watch him and you can do it sense he doesn’t seem like he will be giving you up anytime soon. Heh, you’re going to be stuck like that all day most likely so I hope you’re comfortable. Maybe you should get a book and read it?” Salis nudged Kae with a grin thinking of the glasses that he would need to read if he wanted too. He took a sip of the coffee he poured for himself with a grin waiting and watching with amusement. His brother was doing things he hadn’t ever seen so right now he was enjoying the hell out of it.

Veeios did his best to pretend that his blush wasn’t creeping up his neck to spread across his face. He was tempted to cross his arms so that his fingers couldn’t get nipped again by the dragon that was clearly out of it, but settled for taking the pastry that was offered. Food was the reason he was out here in the first place, and he wasn’t going to let it go to waste despite his obvious embarrassment and the notion that he was going to be “stuck” here all day. But it didn’t stop him from sending a faintly suspicious glare towards Silas and Kaerius at the mention of reading. And Vee’s suspicion only increased when a broad grin cross his twin’s face.

With a snicker Kaerius quickly reached into his pocket to grab the case, holding out in his palm for his brother to see. It took Veeios a moment before the realization clicked and the embarrassed blush from before flared up tenfold, and for a moment he completely forgot about Silas’ suggestion to prepare Salis’ coffee. “You ass! You threw me under the bus!” The accusation — which was true, without a doubt — had Kae ducking his head as he bit his lip, trying his hardest not to laugh. Well, trying not to laugh too much, really. Cause while he did feel a little bad for outing his twin like that, at the same time it was just too damn funny.

“Well, maybe next time don’t leave the house without your glasses.” Kae teased, grinning behind his hand. Now while Veeios wasn’t much of a childish person, he could say he felt the urge to throw something at the pair across from him.

Back
Top Bottom