Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins and Twins (Luke & Umbra)

Illarion woke up not being able to sleep. Thing was he really never got much sleep anyways so this was normal. What wasn’t was where he was when he woke up. He looked around to find himself in Prism’s bed but thankfully the redhead wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Quickly he got up and made the bed cleaning it with his magic. He then noticed he was still in his wetsuit and that had him cursing before he flashed himself to his room in his cave. Where he promptly got showered and dressed. He grabbed his bag of holding and placed it inside his backpack for work. The last thing he did was grab the gift he was asked by one of the kids he worked with to give a good home. He picked up the small animal and couldn’t think of anyone else but the upset mate of his brother to have it. Thing was he kind of hoped it would cheer him up and maybe give him something to do to keep him mind off his pain.

Flashing to the living room he held the small puppy in his arms. Smelling his way to find Vee he could see the tension in the room. So as not to startle anyone he called out from the door way softly. “Hey Vee you got a sec? I have something from a student of mine I was hoping you would be a good fit for.” He gave a small soft smile which he rarely did in front of others before walking over to Vee and handing him the small dog. The puppy was only a few months old and had been found by one of his kids in a sand pit wrapped in a burlap sack.

“I was hoping you would be able to look after it… One of my kids waited to make sure it went to a good home and well I don’t really know anyone but you and your brother and I was told you like animals so do you think you could? He is not very old yet but I think he is a wolf mix by his markings and smell.” He looked at Vee then to Kae and prism as he blushed and rubbed the back of his head with his hand. He was trying to be nice here and gods it was hard. He hated humans but he couldn’t very well be rude to Vee or Kaerious… he had begun to like them the more he was around them and they were family now. Didn’t make this any harder for him in this moment though. He stood there blushing awkwardly hoping he would say yes quickly so he could leave for work.

Silas remained with his twin for two hours or so before getting up and patting the ice as if it was his brother’s shoulder. “All right bro, I got a plan I think and I better go. Wouldn’t want to keep everyone waiting on little old me ya know.” He smiled and looked at his brothers sleeping form. He flashed back to the house and gave his men orders to prepare a security detail for the girls and to make sure they got a room ready for them to stay here with them for a few weeks so they could visit and talk things out. Once he was done with that he grabbed his wallet and keys, then went down stairs to find Vee looking at a puppy and Illarion standing there awkwardly.

“Okay I missed something. Illy don’t you have work? And is that a dog?” The puppy growled at Silas and he jumped up three of the stairs out of reflex. To be fairs he hated dogs and they disliked him. He glared at the tiny mutt and the puppy growled and barked back at him. It wiggled out of Vee’s hands and went straight for him. The panic on his face and how fast he booked it out of the house only to be chassed across the lawn in the backyard screaming had Illarion rolling on the ground laughing. “Heel! Down! good doggy! Ahhh! Someone get a hold of the demon dog… EAhhhh!!” The dog didn’t seem to like the insult or something because it had chased Silas up a tree and treed him like an animal. It was now down at the bottom circling the tree and barking at him. Illarion was gone into a fit of laughter. He was laughing so hard he was crying. “Illaaaarrrrriiioooon!! Get this dog away from me!” Silas yelled in a growl which only provoked the puppy more. Illarion shook his head and through the laughter he managed to say, “Not my dog. I gave it to Vee.”

From the moment Veeios turned to Illarion upon being called and laid his eyes on the puppy, the shift was instant. It was like somebody flicked on a light switch. Kaerius was quick to notice it, nudging Prism as he mouthed the words “Mama Vee Mode”, the two of them silently watching Vee and Illarion. Honestly, Kae could’ve slapped himself for thinking of something like this sooner. For years he’d always joked that the quickest way to Vee’s heart was to take of box of baby animals of any kind and just dump it on him. His twin had always been better at taking care of others when he couldn’t take care of himself.

“Oh hello there...” Veeios’ voice was hoarse, even cracking a bit because of how little he’s used it these past few weeks. But it doesn’t stop him from cooing at the little pup as it’s handed to him. Immediately he sets to scratching the puppy behind its ears and chin. Gently he takes one of its front paws in his hand, raising it up to look at it. “Big paws for such a little thing. Means you’re gonna grow up to be real big, huh?” It didn’t bother Vee in the slightest that he was talking out loud to an animal. He’d always been one of the few that considered animals to be people. The only difference with people and animals was that it didn’t take Vee long at all to absolutely fall in love with animals.

He got so caught up with quietly gushing over the pup that he almost didn’t realize that Illarion was still standing there. He cleared his throat, on the verge of telling the dragon that he’d take the dog. Then Silas came down the stairs before he could speak. Before he could muster even a small glare the puppy was barking, wriggling it’s way out of his hands and making Veeios blink in surprise. For a moment he just sat there, stunned. The way Silas ran away from such a small dog had him thinking back to his twin running from a spider.

It took Illarion howling with laughter and Prism joining the dragon in laughing for Veeios to snap out of it. Even Kaerius was snickering behind the hand that covered his mouth — he was trying not to laugh, but it was just too damn funny watching a big bad dragon get chased around by a puppy. A puppy that Silas could easily squash just by sitting on it. After a moment when Vee joined them at the door to watch, he covered his mouth and nose as well, muffling the quiet snort he made that would’ve turned to laughter if it hadn’t made his throat hurt. Not to mention Vee just didn’t much like the way he laughed.

Shaking his head Veeios makes his way over towards the tree Silas had climbed, crouching down to swoop the puppy back up into his arms. “Oh come here, you,” He says, holding the dog in his hands and bringing it to his eye level. “You’re going to have to learn that it’s not nice to bully children. Even if they do deserve it.” At that he glances up at Silas, a small but noticeable smirk of amusement spread across his lips. Then with that he stands, sort of tucking the pup under his arm to make sure it can’t wriggle out of his grasp a second time. He looks at the dog, humming to himself. “I’m gonna have to make a list of things to get you,” he muses. If there was was any doubt earlier, there shouldn’t be any doubt now — the dog was Vee’s now, and nobody was going to be able to change that. “Now, just what am I going to name you?”

Silas wasn’t happy he was terrified. He hated dogs and most animals disliked him. The tree he had climbed was more of a shrub and was now bending in the middle slowly. When Vee came to get the beast of a puppy Silas sighed and growled down at it proving Vee point when he stuck out his tongue at it making the dog bark once and him flinch. “I didn’t do a thing to deserve to be attacked by the little beast! Veeios keep that demon away from me if you’re going keep it and teach it to behave!” As Vee came back to the door Illarion had finally stopped laughing long enough to make it to the door to see what had happened. It did not disappoint and he had to cover his mouth stifling a laugh to try and keep himself together.

Illarion watched with wide eyes the grin now a permeant feature on his face as the tree bent over the koi pond leaving his brother upside down shrieking like a girl for help. It was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Soon the tree broke and Silas was splashed in the pond where the Koi were none too happy about the Dragon invader. Illarion was now back on the ground laughing as Silas was scrambling to get out of the water slipping and falling all over as the koi nipped at him. He was cursing in every language he knew and shrieking like a girl as he finally managed to pull himself out of the pond and onto land – fish still attached however.

Silas moaned and flipped over pulling the fish from his butt and foot then throwing them into the pond. “I hate you all! Gahhhh… Why does everything have to bite me!” He whined before pulling his phone out of his pocket and finding it was broken he groaned and tossed it in frustration into the fence only for it to come back and hit him in the forehead knocking the sense out of him. Illarion had lost it and was holding onto Prism as a way to keep himself up from laughing. His eyes were watering and his stomach hurt from the activity. After about ten more minutes Illarion had mostly stopped laughing long enough to point at his brother and nudge Kae in his Direction hoping the guy would get the hit without words to go help him because if he had to talk he would lose it again. “K-kae…p-please…h-help…him…” was all he managed before resting his head on prisms shoulder trying to collect himself enough to finish what he wanted to say to Vee.

After about ten more minutes Silas opened his eyes and groaned. His head hurt and he was laying on his back with Kae above him. The Dragon didn’t know which way was up of down at the moment which just made things worse when he tried to sit up only to face plant going a bit too far. “ouch… Fuck Why me?” he growled and pushed himself to a sitting positon just as Illarion turned his attentions back to Vee. “Hey, thanks for taking her... um so the kids know I did a good job would you stop by my work today if you got time to show them the puppy is all fine and good? It would help a lot they were worried about her. Here this is where I work. You can come anytime Vee might want to leave my brother out of it though He won’t go near my work too many animals for him I think and I don’t mean the kids who I teach.” He said with a smile and pat to the pup’s head. Looking at the puppy he scratched her ears and cooed to her, “You be good now for your new owner you little rascal.” He then kissed Prism on the cheek with a soft, “Bye have a good day.” and picked up his bag before flashing to his work.

Veeios hums again as he all but ignored Silas, making his way back to the others. He’s whispering to the pup, making sure to call her a ‘good girl’ more than once. Only once he’s back at the door does he turn to look back at Silas, his lips twitching into a smirk again. “And that’s what you get for calling her a beast.” He says.

No longer could Kaerius hold in his laughter. It was just too damn funny watching Silas suffer through blunder after blunder. It was comedy gold and it’s finest. And to be honest? He was just glad it wasn’t him. Too many times had something he was doing or messing with come back to literally smack him in the face. It was amazing he didn’t have any scars or get a broken nose from all of those times. Black eyes, for sure, but nothing worse than that. Kaerius ends up hunching over, propping himself up on his knees as he wheezes with laughter, an arm wrapped around his now aching stomach from laughing so hard.

“Oh...oh sweet Jesus...” Kae breathes out while wiping at his eyes, managing to get himself to stand upright so he can make his way over to his fallen mate. There’s a broad grin stretched across his face as he kneels over Silas, a few giggles still slipping out of him here and there. “Did...did you have a rough time there?” Kaerius asks, tilting his head and nearly snickering again. “Do you need to go inside so I can kiss all of your new boo-boos and make them feel better?” The question is partially teasing, but also partially serious. He stands up again once the dragon is able to sit up and he holds out a hand, a silent offer to help Silas get back on his feet without him eating the ground yet again.

Prism is only barely able to keep both himself and Illarion from falling. If he hadn’t leaned against the wall, they both would’ve taken a tumble of their own. The redhead’s eyes are watering and he can’t breathe, chest burning from how hard he was laughing. Talk about having breakfast and a show! It was like some kind of Looney Tunes moment, or just some kind of cartoonish thing in general. The only thing it was missing was Silas stepping on a rake, and then it would’ve been perfect. Prism isn’t able to stand straight for a good few minutes, and once he’s able to he gives a long drawn out sigh. “Hoo, damn...” his face hurts from how wide he’d been grinning but he doesn’t care. He just barely manages to collect himself to hear the tail end of Illarion’s and Veeios’ little one-sides discussion, Vee mumbling a quiet “I’ll see what I can do...” to the dragon’s question about visiting his work place. Prism stalls for a moment, not expecting the kiss Illarion presses to his cheek before flashing away. He blinks and blushes before reaching out to scratch behind the pup’s ears, almost mimicking Vee as he coos. “Who’s a good girl?”

Silas couldn’t see what was so amusing to everyone. He frowned and growled as he looked up at his mate. “Don’t laugh …. Oooooh… that fucking hurt…. Damn demon with fur!” He groaned and sat up feeling his body roll to the ground going to far forward. “Oh for the love of hell make the damn world stop spinning for at least five seconds so I can get the hell up.” He finally managed to sit upright and was now looking at Kaerius. On his head was a red indentation with a bit of blood in the shape of the phones corner and the phone charm with a V on it for victory ironically was printed into his forehead. He reached up and touched his head feeling the blood. He must have thrown his phone way harder then he thought. “Ha Ha, funny mate, but yes I will take you up on the offer.” He said before glaring at Illarion and Prism who were still laughing a bit and using the wall to hold themselves up. He turned back to Kae and took his hand only to flash to their bathroom. He was now sitting on the floor and holding his head groaning some more before he used the counter to get up and hold himself there. He propped himself up on the wall of the shower and tried to stripe off his wet clothes only to slip and fall to the floor. He stayed there a long while looking up at Kae with shock and half his shirt off of him. Cursing he used his magic to strip them both naked and let out his dragon tail and horns so he could hold himself up right with his hands and legs while his tail became an extra hand only to coil around Kaerius and pull him into the dragons frustrated kisses.

After a bit he sighed and leaned into Kae’s hugs. “I hate dogs and cat and hamsters and birds and fucking fish! Animals hate me so if you want one of those you can forget it. Only exception is a snake or spider those I like and they like me. We understand each other and leave each other the fuck alone.” He said and hugged his mate tighter trying to gain some comfort from him. They would need to hurry and get cleaned so they won’t be late not that he could check the time he thought his fucking phone was broken.

Prism doesn’t notice when Kae and Silas disappears, too busy loving on the new pup. Veeios notices though, and hums to himself as he glances. “I’m...going to go get changed,” he says as he shifts slightly, subconsciously scratching at the puppy’s chin. Prism looks up at him for a moment before nodding, giving a low “okay” before stepping back so Vee could walk away. Once the older of the two is gone, Prism sighs and scratches his head before deciding he should probably do the same as well.

Kaerius utters a soft “oh” once he realizes the two of them are now in the bathroom. What starts out as humor eventually just starts turning into sympathy as he watches Silas flail around and slip. He doesn’t resist the kisses he pulls into and wraps an arm around the dragon’s shoulders in a half-hug. “You mean you don’t even like rats?” Kae asks with a tilt of his head. “I like to think they’re cute. But...I’m gonna have to say ‘no’ to spiders. Those eight eyes of death aren’t for me, sorry.” He sighs softly as he reaches up to gently run his free hand through Silas’ hair. “I can go halfsies on a snake though, so long as you promise we can feed it eggs or fish or something instead of rats.” Kaerius wasn’t actually planning on getting a pet anytime soon. He just figured some humor would be good for the moment.

Asmodeus was sleeping on the bed in Vee’s room unaware of the tiny terror that Vee had brought with him into the room. Once Vee put the puppy down she rolled over tripping on her big paws with a soft whine. She fallowed Vee into the closet and proceeded to get into thing’s sniffing at stuff and climbing in a hat box full of ties and gloves. One tie in her mouth she bounded off out past Vee to see the tail of Asmodeus hanging over the messy bed. In size the Puppy was twice the size of Asmodeus and could easily over power her tiny body if she was a normal cat. Getting board of the now chewed up tie the small puppy jumped up on the chair to reach the bed. After that everything went crazy. There was hissing and whining and growling and barking. The puppy had jumped on the sleeping feline causing her to claw and scratch at its nose missing in her half sleepy state. Blankets were tossed everywhere and feather pillows were ripped open as the tiny dog chased the cat around the room. Thankfully Vee had closed the bedroom door so like any lord of hell Asmodeus bolted to the door and phased through it making the puppy crash into it head over back legs. That will teach her Asmodeus thought phasing back through the closet wall to where Veeios was. “Vee Why was I woken up by a puppy that wanted to use me as a chew toy? And why didn’t you cuddle with me before you left.” She asked with her big round eyes looking over at him from a high shelf she had climbed when she saw the closet door open and the puppy coming back into the room. She wasn’t dumb enough to stay where the tiny beast could reach her till she learned manners first.

Meanwhile Silas was nursing his head and bruised pride. “Okay no spiders got it so if and when we get a pet it will be a snake and we can feed it fish and eggs… would it be okay to feed it mice just not rats?” He asked standing up and to start washing himself. He let Kae help him and then rinsed off. Instead of stepping out of the bath he flashed them into the closet to get dressed and used heat magic to get them dry. The less moving till his head felt better the better. “Today is going to be a long day and now I have to spend it with a tiny beast! If Vee doesn’t train that dog to be politer to others, then I will make him keep it outside.” He growled putting on a shirt and pants. He placed his hand to his forehead and saw the marking from the phone on him. He frowned and healed it with a sigh before shaking of his head. Looking back, he asked, “hey, did you get a chance to talk to Vee about today yet?”

Veeios didn’t think much of it as he set the pup down and she followed him to the closet. Once upon a time he may have been more uptight about her climbing into boxes, but considering how, A, she hadn’t even been in the house for an hour; and B, they would be going out soon and could get her actual toys soon enough, he wasn’t going to go chasing after her just yet. Though Vee’s attention was grabbed pretty quick at the commotion and he sighed, poking his head out of the closet to double check that Asmodeus was quick enough to get out of the puppy’s reach — it wasn’t that he wouldn’t have intervened if he needed to. He just wasn’t interested in getting clawed up by accident. And really...he could clean up the mess later when they all returned from their outing.

Shaking his head Vee goes back into the closet, stripping himself of his shirt and looking for a clean one. A long sleeved one might be good, depending on how long he was going to have to carry the pup around. Or maybe a thin overcoat. “Sorry,” Veeios says as he grabs a plain gray tee and puts it on. “She came from Illarion just a few minutes ago, so I really haven’t had much time to do anything else with her. And...Prism was the one who knocked on my door this morning, so I didn’t want to make him wait.” If it had been Silas instead, Veeios would’ve been more than happy to have rolled over and scooped up Asmodeus.

Kaerius tilts his head in thought when Silas brings up mice. “Well...” he starts. Mice and rats were vastly different rodents, but at the same time, they were fairly similar. “I guess we could go with mice as well, so long as it’s more of a bi-weekly thing or...whatever half of their feeding time is.” Kae hasn’t owned a snake before, so he wasn’t an expert about it. But he decides not to dwell on it, going along with the flashing and the magic and gets dressed. He ends up chuckling when the dragon brings up Vee and the dog again. “Ah, don’t worry. Vee’s good at training dogs, I promise. In fact, before we moved, he had this pitbull named Daisy, and believe me when I say she’s the sweetest thing. He ended up giving her to the girls when Cherry got pregnant, as companion for the baby to have and all that. I think even you would be able to get along with her. She’s much better than the puppy, I promise.” Kaerius hums. He wasn’t going to say it for Silas’ sake, but he actually kinda missed that dog. She was a great cuddler. “And yeah, I filled Vee in on some of the plans. But I kept the Cherry and Desiree part a secret. I...figured keeping them a surprise may do him some good.”

Last edited:
Asmodeus tilted her head. “Illarion gave you an adorable puppy? Well that sounds like him so I believe you. So you’re going out today? If you are can I ask you a favor Vee baby.” She purred and mewed at him. “Could you pweeeeeaaaase get me some of that num num cat food and some new crackle balls? Mine broke and I think the other disappeared somewhere. Puuuurrrrrettty please?” She asked and jumped down to play with the puppy. The puppy saw her and jumped for her only to stop and tumble in front of her to which she pawed at without claws in a playful way. The puppy was quick on the up take and was happy to play with the cat Demon. She let the puppy chew on her ears a bit teaching her when it was too hard by hissing and pawing the puppy’s nose just enough for the dog to get the idea.

By the time Vee was dressed and ready the dog knew sit and stay and ouch hurts. The dog was smart as it was but also Asmodeus used a bit of magic to make her point and so they could understand each other better. The last thing she wanted was to be woken up like that again. They waited in the next room picking the mess up as best they could. Once Vee did walk back into the bedroom most things were picked up just not all the feathers. Asmodeus was playing with them mostly and the puppy was eating them. “Vee you should eat before you go and I will clean the rest of the room if you promise you will try and eats something.” She said flipping over and pinning the puppy.

Eventually Silas was dressed and ready to go but he was still not happy his brother brought a dog home. He couldn’t be mad though as it had cheered up Veeios and he could suffer for that. “At least your brother seems a bit happier and is talking to me now. Really that is the only thing I can see about him having that dog. I hate Illarion for it but it was a good idea to give it to your brother. Maybe I should kidnap him and drop him in a room with nothing but baby animals. We can call it Animal therapy and make millions because what I hear is no one can resist a baby of any kind… except me. I draw the line at most animals. Did you know Illarion works for Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and helps to study the sea life in the bottom of the ocean. He teaches kids classes on how to swim and dive in the ocean. My brother practically lives in the damn sea. Don’t tell him I told you all that if he found out he would kill me for it. He doesn’t like other knowing what he does or has accomplished. He keeps most everything to himself. He wasn’t always like that though.” Silas said as he grabbed his wet wallet and took everything out of it before drying it all with heat magic and putting in all back in. once he was done he walked with Kae down stairs.

“So were not telling Vee got it surprise it is. I just hope I don’t get any more surprises like that dog.” He said frowning and meeting everyone back in the dining room. He looked at prism and said, “So it seems I need a now phone too now so when we stop by I will pick one up as well. I think I am going to eat breakfast now and then once we are done we can take the cars into town and get to it.” He walked around and into the kitchen avoiding Vee and the dog flinching a bit. He made it none the less and was now eating him food and drinking his coffee. He was going to need that with the day he was going to have he thought.

Veeios glanced up at Asmodeus as she asked her questions and he hummed. “Shouldn’t be a problem.” He was already planning on getting things for the puppy. Adding cat-related things to the list wasn’t a hassle. Once Asmodeus hops down and exits the closet Vee finishes getting dressed, even going as far as to move some of the boxes around just to make future access easier. Ever since the night his things had been brought, he’s hardly touched them, so the closet was a bit of a mess to say the least.

He makes sure to comb through his hair and steps back out into the room, a little relieved that there’s a little less of a mess. “Thank you,” Veeios says to Asmodeus as he crouches down to pick up the puppy from underneath the cat, gently pulling any lingering feathers from her mouth. “And I’m already half a step ahead of you. I had toast.” And a few bites of the omelet, but that was it. It wasn’t much, he knew. But it was better than what he’s had most mornings: a fat helping of nothing. It wasn’t healthy, he knew that already. “But...I’ll see if I can stomach anything else later.” It wasn’t a full promise, but it was something he supposed. Sighing Veeios looks back at the puppy in his arms, gently flipping her over so he can scratch at her stomach. “You’re gonna need a lot of food, huh...?” He tilts his head, thinking over a name. “Dakota.” He settles with that then nods at Asmodeus, saying a soft “see you later” before going to head back downstairs to wait for the others.

Kaerius grins at the dragon’s suggestion. “I mean, that would work better than you think. Though maybe with a little less kidnapping. Less potential injuries for you on the route.” His twin was pretty well-known for fear punching. Kae already had to kiss the bruises and scrapes Silas had gotten from the earlier kerfuffle. He didn’t want to see what the dragon would look like with a temporary broken nose or black eye. “But that Institution place Illarion works at? Sounds like it’s right up Prism’s alley if I’m being honest. The guy has loved everything about the sea since we were kids.” While Prism hasn't said much about it, Kaerius still knew what the redhead’s passions consisted of.

Kaerius shakes his head and chuckles, following Silas out. “I’m sure there can’t be many more surprises like that,” Well, he didn’t know what all Illarion had hidden away. But Vee he knew was pretty good at not bringing any stray animals home. Not unless they were hurt, anyway. He nods to Prism and Veeios as they enter the dining room, doing his best to not giggle at the way Silas tries to avoid Vee and the dog. “You all ready to go?” Kae asks and the others nod then he looks to his twin, glancing at the dog. “You give her a name yet?” Vee looks down at the pup and nods, replying in a low mumble “Dakota.”

On the way down Silas sent one of his guys a request to make Vee a present and a place for the puppy to reside that is not in the house but close to it. He asked them to make a dog kennel and add it to the barn where Illarion had most of his animals. The kneel would have two more puppies for Vee to faun over and make playmates for the one he already has. It would be his apology for a few things and it also meant Vee would have to get up and outside to take care of them. Which meant he would have to eat more so he had enough energy to play with them all. While he was thinking about it he turned to Vee once they got downstairs and asked, “Hey what kind of dog is that and what is your favorite type of tiny beast breeds of her kind?” he was smiling but also avoiding the hell out of Vee and the puppy so he yelled it across the room from the kitchen. Once he got his answer he told it to his people and they started to take care of it. They would have it done by the time everyone got back.

Once Silas had eaten and finished his coffee they all filed out into the black SUV’s. Prism with Vee in one and Silas and Kae in another. There was also one in front of their cars and one behind for the help and body guards. The Drive this time was much slower and allowed you to see the beautiful tree lined drive. It was mid-summer and the trees had started to change to a golden color making the drive very pleasant. They drove through the gates finally and started up into the city. After about a half hour they were driving up to a mall where they could find everything they wanted and needed. It was also close to the place they were going to meet the girls at for lunch. Once stopped Silas helped Kae out of the car and kissed his cheek. “So I am going to go with Prism to get a new phone you can go with Vee to get some stuff for the menace in his arms. If you need something have Ryu here call for me. Oh and this is for you and this one is for Vee. Show it to anyone and they will help you wrap everything up and send it back to the house. It is kind of like a magic card of sorts.” He handed Kae two cards one with a black dragon etched on it and Kae’s name. The other with a similar white dragon and Vee’s name. He patted Kae’s back and went to show Prism where the Electronics section was.

Veeios doesn’t want to admit that he jumps slightly when Silas shouts his question from across the room. He wasn’t expecting the question itself or the yelling. He blinks as he turns to the dragon, only slightly wide-eyes for a moment before he answers. “She’s a wolf mix.” As for the other part, Vee has to take a moment to think about it. He’s pretty sure he doesn’t have a favorite breed of dog. German Shepards? Gorgeous. Labradors? Adorable. Pit Bulls? Loved them. Dobermans? Majestic. Hell, he also little dogs. Even chihuahuas, the yippity little bastards they were. “I don’t have a specific favorite. I love them all.” He says with a light shrug, calmly letting Dakota nibble on one of his fingers. Whatever Silas wanted that information for, Vee didn’t know, but the dragon could do what he liked with it.

When they’re all led outside, Prism mumbles quietly under his breath. “Jesus,” He says, nudging at the older twin as he looked at all of the cars that formed an escort just for them. “You’d think dad was still alive.” Veeios is quiet as he mulls over the statement before nodding. That’s indeed something their father would’ve done whenever they wanted to go out into town. Other than that, not much is said between the two of them. Not even during the car ride there — their attention was pretty much solely on Dakota. When they arrive at the mall, however, the redhead’s attention is immediately turned to the shopping center, all but pressing himself against the car’s window like an excited child. Vee glances up and shakes his head, the faintest of smiles visible on his face.

Kaerius himself was a bit excited as well. He personally wasn’t the biggest fan of being cooped up in a house all of the time. He liked getting out. He hums when Silas kisses his cheek and smiles, though he’s undoubtedly curious when he’s handed the cards. Glancing at them he tilts his head, looking over the designs. “Alrighty boss, if you say so.” Kae says after a moment, nodding towards Silas before glancing to Prism. “Have fun.” Once the two walk off Kaerius slings and arm around his twin’s shoulders, lightly poking at the puppy’s nose with a finger. “I take it our first stop is the pet store, huh?”

Silas took Prism with him to the phone store first which upon arrival they were made very welcome as soon as the owners saw Silas. He gestured to Prism and explained their needs and let Prism go from there letting them know all he wanted in his electronics’ one at a time. While Prism was busy with that he got a new phone setup and an extra one in case he broke the dang thing again. He had everything sent to the house all but the phones. He had bought Kae and Vee matching one’s on accident which he thought was funny when he noticed. He took Prism to see the game store knowing he would want some of the new ones. He watched as Prism acted like a kid who just got presented with a bowl of candy and told he could have wherever he wanted of it. His face was all smiles and Silas was chuckling when he showed the younger brother some of the games that were really good to play. They spent an hour in the game store before paying and going clothes shopping next. That took a lot longer then he thought it would as prism was showered with options. While the ladies and gay clerks were playing dress up with Prism He found a few things for Kae he wanted to get him in, like a pair of leather pants that looked amazing. He bought Kae some other normal clothes that he thought his mate would like and before long it was time to go find the two at the pet store.

Silas paid for everything and said a deep thank you to the store staff before ushering prism, dressed in new clothes toward the pet store. “hey think you can go in and get them. I think I will stay out here where it is safe.” He said to Prism and went to wait on a bench for them all to come back. He checked his watch and sighed at least they were on time for lunch he thought. Luckily for them the restaurant was close by, only about fifteen minutes or so. When they all came out he could see the puppy was well dressed in a collar and nametag with a leash in Vee's pocket that matched plus a few toys and treats for the dog. He could see that Kae was holding some portable bowls with food and water for later if they were to stay out most of the day. "You two ready to go to lunch?" He asked standing back up and walking over to Kae to help him carry stuff.

Prism genuinely may have been like a kid in a candy store. The fact that he could ask for anything he wanted? Anything at all, with little to no limit? It was almost like he was a teenager again getting spoiled to no end. And he knew exactly what he wanted, too. Okay not exactly — new models of pretty much everything had come out while he was dead. There was just so much he needed to catch up on. From gaming consoles and games in general to the various animation programs; from editing platforms to the newer graphic cards and operating systems. There was just...so much and that wasn’t even covering what he’s missed from social media. From the basic electronics store to the game store, Prism was a man with a mission. The only thing he faltered with was clothes. He was still iffy with touches, especially from strangers. Not to mention he didn’t know a lick about fashion save for the fact he favored coverage for his daily outfits. While it was nice to have clothes that were actually his and not something that had already been in a closet and was potentially someone else’s clothes, that specific experience was just overall meh for him.

Still, he managed to thank Silas before he was sent into the pet store after Veeios and Kaerius. The three of them would’ve been out sooner, if Prism had gotten side-tracked to ogle the puppies, kittens, fish, guinea pigs, and pretty much every available creature that was in there. Like any animal lover, he was a sucker for cute things. The only reason Vee wasn’t cooing over all of the animals was because he already had a furry bundle of joy in his arms; said bundle that seemed to be very uncertain about the harness and collar that had been put on her. The leash hadn’t been attached yet since they were all still inside and Vee had no intentions of putting Dakota down yet. But it didn’t stop the puppy from wriggling around and voicing her displeasure at having the harness and collar on.

“Good lord it’s like trying to keep five year old Prism in a shirt...” Kaerius says with a snicker, ignoring Prism’s protest of “hey!” while Vee just huffs and manages to wrangle Dakota in a good hold to keep himself from dropping her. After a moment longer of watching he shakes his head, grinning at Silas. “Yeah, we’re good to go. Better get going before we end up being late and making the girls even more mad at us.” He makes sure his voice is low enough so only the dragon can hear him before glancing between Vee and Prism. “And the sooner we can get them up to speed about what’s been going on...”

“The better.” Silas finished with a nod and a kiss to his mate’s cheek. Humming softly, he placed a cell phone in Kae’s hand then did the same for Vee although he asked Prism to hand it to his brother because of the dog in Vee’s arms. Vee had effectively found a way to make Silas avoid him. All he had to do was have an animal in his arms and Silas would give him a ten-foot space bubble at all times. So once everyone had their new phones they were off back to the cars and driving to meet the girls for lunch.

They made it to a building that was painted with a creamy ivory color and had stucco walls that made the place seem homey. There were Greek columns out front and potted plant of all kinds to make it all seem clean and bright. Once they got out of the car and walked inside they could see the dining room which was empty and ready just for their meeting today. The Girls were already there waiting having made it only five minutes before them. Through windows that welcomed the passage of the light, the dining room was alive with the vibrant hues of midday making the room bright and elegant looking. The place seemed to be an Italian restaurant and probably quite expensive but as the own Silas merely smiled and patted the manager on the back like they were old friends as they walked into the large dining space. “Hello Ladies hope were not late to the party.” Silas said with a grin and kiss to Kae’s cheek to calm his nerves. He had come up behind Kae noticing how nervous he was and wrapped his arm around his mate's waist to help.

Mainly known as Cherry
99F6C53A-66C1-4BED-8AFD-6BC2D1466530.jpeg
Also known as Des, Rae, or Money Bags
F4F85DBE-7AD0-4B05-B3C5-862E92C57594.jpeg

Even though for most people it might’ve lost its charm by now, it was still incredibly amusing to Veeios how Silas went through lengths to avoid. Eventually he would grow tired of it. But for now? He was going to enjoy every second of the wariness. It was just a shame they weren’t in the same car — that could be funny to see.

Once again not much is traded between Vee and Prism, a pleasant silence between the two as they each take the time to set up their phones. Though, the older had a bit more of a rough time with that with the way Dakota tried to either chew on the device or kept head-butting his hand for double the attention. And once again, like with the mall, Prism all but presses himself against the window as they roll up to the restaurant. “Damn, the place looks fancy...” he mutters before glancing to Vee. “You didn’t happen to like...bring any suits with you or anything?” Vee raises a brow, stating a plain “No.” Prism sighs. “Well damn. Guess we’re just gonna have to deal with not matching with the theme of ‘fancy’ then. Oops.” That manages to pull a quiet chuckle out of Vee, and the redhead silently takes that as a victory.

Kaerius was more than just a little nervous. From the moment he walked into the restaurant and neared the table, he could feel Desiree’s eyes on him. If looks could kill, then her glare would’ve stabbed both him and Silas many, many times over by the time the dragon wrapped his arms around Kae. Rae’s arms were crossed, which Kae knew was just her way of keeping herself from launching herself over the table to kick his ass. Cherry, however, was much more passive in her spot next to Desiree. Her pale eyes, though while a sign of blindness, seemed to fall over the two with ease as she smiled. Of course Kae knew better than to get within arm’s reach of her — she’d be the first to yank on his ear like a mother scolding a child — but he still much preferred her over Desiree.

“Hey,” Kaerius says after a moment of awkward staring. “Long time no see, huh?”

Desiree snorts. “Cut the crap and sit down.” Oh yeah, she wasn’t happy. Far from it. Her glare shifts between Kae, Silas, and their seats. “You’ve got explaining to do. So get to it before I decide I don’t want to sit down anymore.” From there, her gaze shifts over to Vee, who was closer to the door. “And you get your ass over here too!”

It was obvious Veeios hadn’t expected to see those two. He all but froze the moment he walked through the doors and laid his eyes on the girls. He stops and turns, not to leave but to stare wide-eyed out the window, caught between whether he should be happy to see them or terrified. Prism hadn’t been spotted by Desiree yet, as Vee had sort of blocked him from her sight. Hearing the woman’s shout had him turning on his heel to attempt to leave. However Vee’s arm reached out and wrapped around his neck in a sort of headlock, pulling him back. Although he’s still holding Dakota in his other arm as well, the older of the two doesn’t struggle with keeping Prism in place.

“Oh no, you are not leaving me here with them!” Veeios whispers lowly. He was still happy to see the girls, don’t get him wrong. But last Rae and Cherry knew, Vee’s arm was practically burnt to a crisp and Prism was dead. The little chat wasn’t going to be completely pretty. Vee takes a deep breath, trying to steel his fraying nerves. Once he thinks he’s got a decent grasp of himself he turns, all but dragging Prism along.

The moment the girl’s eyes land on them, Vee knows the only thing keeping Desiree from leaping out of her seat is the way Cherry puts her hand on Rae’s shoulder.

Silas forced a smile for the lady’s in front of them as he half dragged Kae to sit at the table instinctively picking a spot across from Charry and setting Kae in it while he took the spot across from Desiree. He then Handed Kae a menu before nodding to the two ladies once more smiling the best he could even as he dragon instincts told him to keep both eyes on the dark haired one. He then turned to Cherry and said, “You must be Cherry, Nice to finally meet you I am Silas Drakomas. My Brother is busy at the moment but my younger brother said he would come and introduce himself to everyone later on. I hope the place wasn’t too hard to find.” He said sitting back down and looking at Cherry with a smile before tilting his head and looking at what the other female was looking at. Once he realized she was looking at Vee then at Prism he cringed knowing now he would have to explain. Oh fucking hells in frigid winter he thought cursing at the thought of starting this conversation. With a sigh he looked at Cherry who seemed a bit calmer.

“Right so I am going to start explaining before The tall one launches herself over this table at me and er the rest of us. At this point in time I wish my Brother wasn’t in a icy coma but sense he is in fact half dead and frozen in Ice here we go. Ladies I suggest you sit down before you fall from the ton of bricks I am about to lay on you. I met These two wonderful boys doing a job for with my twin brother Salis. One thing lead to another and we took them to our house for safety after some Demons tried to kill them at that point we didn’t know what was going on or why. We all had dinner but My older brother made us keep an eye on Kae and Vee. Kae came with me upstairs where again one thing lead to another and he became my mate by choice and a freak accident. While we were upstairs my brother Salis convinced Veeious to let him heal his arm which he did making Vee pain free as far as physical things were concerned.” He sighed and looked to Vee then back to Cherry, “I am not human if you can’t tell I am Drakomai or in human terms a dragon. So is my brother and all my family. Salis mated with Vee not long after Kae became my mate. Once mated to a dragon they became immortal like us. That takes care of that part of the explanation now for why you see a living breathing Prism sitting at the end of the table. Again that is thanks to my twin brother Salis. He stupidly went to Hell alone might I add and fought with his ex for Vee’s sake. He freed Prism and then we all left making the bitch Queen of hell livid with all of us but that’s not really the problem. Remember I said my brother was sleeping in an Icey coma? Well I meant that literally. He brought Prism back to life with magic gifted by the goddess of life Ezzali because it was what was best for his mate Veeious. A dragon would do anything for their mate above all else. Our mates come first before everything else.” After that Silas went into more details with the girls before everyone ordered food.

The food came shortly after Silas finished explaining what he could to them as best he could. “Any more questions? I am assuming you still want to kick my ass and think I am lying so let me ask this do you want me to prove it? So You don’t think I just came up with the story of the century.” He smiled and looked from Cherry to Desiree then looked to Kae and kissed his cheek before actually smiling a playful grin at his mate.

As Silas goes on with the explanation, Kae shifts nervously in his seat while Vee and Prism awkwardly take their own spots. Kaerius doesn’t want to take his eyes off of anyone. So his gazes goes from the dragon to the girls, to his brothers then back again. Cherry and Des are almost eerily silent. Or at least, Desiree is silent, as Cherry has always been the more soft-spoken of the two, which really, was sort of terrifying in its own right. After all, it was always the nice ones...

By the time Silas finishes his part and the food arrives, Vee has busied himself with holding a sleeping Dakota while Prism absorbs himself in his phone. They both make an effort to avoid meeting Cherry’s and Desiree’s gazes whereas Kaerius finally manages to make himself look them in the eyes as he waits for one of them to speak. Cherry looks contemplative, whereas her wife has a scowl. If it wasn’t for the fact that they were inside a real nice place, Kae knew that Desiree would light up a cigarette. He almost jumps when the woman starts to speak.

“I guess you don’t realize just how much of that sounds like gibberish, huh?” Desiree scoffs, glancing between the four men with her arms crossed. “I’ve comas, mating, dragons, evil exes, the...Ezzali whatever.” She clicks her tongue against her teeth, rolling her head a bit to make her neck pop. “Yeah, I’m glad to see Prism up and breathing again. We both are, don’t get me wrong. Kid deserves it. But the amount of that that sounds like bullshit...” She settles her glare onto Silas, fingers tapping against her biceps. She didn’t want to outright say that deaths could be faked, she knew better than to hurt Vee or Kae like that. She even looks to the older twin — oh, how she wanted to yell at that boy, too.

Cherry places her hand on Desiree’s shoulder again. “Sweetie, please, we’re not in our own territory. Try to play nice and not make too many threats.” Smiling faintly as she looks to Silas and nods slightly.

Desiree snorts. “Fine.” With a huff she leans forward, resting her elbows on the table. “How much proof to all this do you have? And no, Prism alone doesn’t count.”

Salis was shifting in his seat uncomfortably as he explained everything then waited for the two ladies to take it all in. When the dark haired female basically called him a liar he tensed and glared back at her. Honestly if he didn’t have to get along with her for everyone’s sake he would love nothing more than to wipe the sour look she was giving him right off her face. Instead he would have to settle for proving himself to her which he could do easy enough. That was when he got a great plan making him grin and look at Kae with mischief in his eyes. The look was one he had given Kae the first time they met. Silas looked back over to the two ladies just as he spoke one of his men flashed behind everyone. Silently they touched everyone but Kae’s shoulder in the room and flashed every single one of them to the front yard of the house the Twins had been living in with their Dragons. Silas had grabbed Kae and done the same. Before speaking he sat Kaerius down and stepped back. “Proof you say… alright, but don’t make me eat you by pissing me off anymore then I already am!” He growled his eyes changing as his body fallowed suit. Soon standing in front of them was a Black dragon with Blue eyes that came up to Kae and picked him up with his tail to set his mate on his back away from anyone else touching him. Silas was feeling a touch possessive over his mate and really didn’t want to share him with Desiree. He growled down at the human female who he felt insulted him. “Is this enough proof Lady Desiree? If not, I have one more trick up my sleeve.” He said towering over her and poking her with his tail so she was forced to sit on her butt.

Silas then decided to make things more interesting for himself. Quickly he shifted back letting Kaerius fall into his arms before he swung his mate around and set him down on the grassy hill. He snapped his fingers and everyone was back sitting at the table once more. All but Desiree who was now on the dining room floor on her ass. Silas set Kae back in his seat standing behind him. “Right my last party trick for the afternoon is this…” He gestured towards Prism who was standing next to Vee’s chair about to sit back down. A few seconds later Illarion was standing next to Prism one arm wrapped around his waist the other was holding a small baby Sea otter. He was wearing glasses and a white lab coat with only half his wet suit on underneath. He sighed and looked around with a frown now directed at his brother. “I was busy what is it?” He asked clearly annoyed. Silas chuckled watching Prisms reaction and the state of his brother’s dress had him looking at Kae with merriment in his eyes. “It is lunch time for starters and I wanted you to meet Lady Cherry and her Desiree. Can you say hi brother?” Illarion frowned but looked back down and cooed at the baby otter in his other arm before sighing and forcing a half smile to look back up at the two females. “I am Illarion Drakomas forth born brother of the Drakomas family. It is my honor to meet you Lady Cherry and Lady Desiree.” He said with a low bow as the pup in his arm squirmed free only for him to catch her once more and smile a full on real smile at the naughty creature. He had no Idea this whole time he was holding onto Prism and getting him soaking wet with Seawater because he had been swimming and playing with the Animals where he worked.

The moment Kaerius caught the look of mischief in Silas’ eyes he instantly thought ‘oh good lord...’ He didn’t know what exactly the dragon was planning, though he got a bit of a hint when the man suddenly appeared. The only change in Desiree’s expression was the surprise and it nearly mirrored the expression Cherry wore. Prism jumped, and Vee with his nerves felt all too compelled to react out of reflex with his protective compulsion. Really, the dragon should’ve considered himself lucky that both Vee and Desiree had enough wherewithal to keep from turning around to gang up on the other.

“Fuck!” The redhead male all but shouted as he fought to maintain his balance from the sudden flash. Desiree was unbothered, standing whereas Cherry had faltered. Vee was by her side in seconds to help keep her up and steady, easily managing her and Dakota when Silas appeared in front of them. Desiree, though, managed to keep eye contact throughout it all. She was stone-faced, arms still crossed until she was pushed to the ground. And she was still the same when they were all brought back to the restaurant, completely undisturbed as she picked herself up off the floor. Cherry, though, looked a bit more worse for wear, resting one of her hands on her stomach while she let her head hang a bit low as she battled with nausea. Veeios took notice of it of course, and had to actively bite his tongue to keep himself from outright shouting at Silas then and there.

Then when Illarion appeared, both Vee and Kae should’ve expected it. Prism clearly hadn’t been expecting it and a look of surprise showed. Though it quickly turned into annoyance as he looked towards Silas, almost scowling — he wasn’t thrilled with the increasing wetness of his clothes, cute otter or no, and he wasn’t thrilled with what Silas was trying pull by summing Illarion. He kept silent as Illarion introduced himself, and was quiet when Desiree nodded as Cherry smiled and said “hello, pleasure to meet you” in return before holding her head down once more. Once the brief exchange was over, Prism scoffed. “You know what? I think I’ll go one step further than the shoe and cram your own foot up your ass.”

The comment had Desiree’s scowl turning into a small snicker as she reached over to place her hand over Cherry’s free one. “Well, at least the little spark still has his bite.” Out of everything that’s happened, it was good to know that some things still stayed the same.

Illarion noticed Prism’s anger at his brother and figured out what must have happened so without a second thought he looked at prism, “Hold Sasha for me please.” He asked and ordered handing the pup to Prism before walking over to his brother. Once he got there Silas’s face read as Oh fuck just before Illarion flashed his brother and him somewhere. About ten minutes went by before Illarion flashed back into the room with a quiet Silas who by all points look beat to hell where Illarion had nothing on him. Illarion walked over to Cherry dragging Silas behind him. “Now what do you say?” He prompted making Silas glare at him. A few seconds later he growled but spoke, “I am sorry Lady Cherry for upsetting you and the hatchling your carrying. Also for pissing off Veeious and Desiree your mate and for making Prism sick from magic.” Satisfied Illarion let his brother drop to the floor before he went to go take the pup back from Prism. “Thank you Prism for taking care of her.” He said with a rare smile seeing that she had calmed down enough to nap on him. He gave her one stroke before flashing her back to her home.

Silas had gotten up off the floor and had to use his magic to change his torn up clothes although nothing could hide the black eye and claw mark on his face that went down his neck and chest a few inches. Whatever had happened Silas lost and took a beating. He looked pissed but more willing to behave. He even quietly walked to his seat and sat down without a word. The servers came back and brought some more food having served the others five minutes before Illarion and Silas returned. While Illarion was talking to Prism Silas quietly ate his meal. Soon Illarion walked over to Veeious and Cherry once more. He looked and Vee then at the female and asked polity, “How are you feeling? I hope you feel a bit better now. I am sorry my older brother is a complete disappointment. He should have known better then to phase and pregnant mate anywhere. Again, Veeious I am sorry Drake says if you want we can put him on night patrols for a month if you want.” That made Silas groan and then glare at his brother. Night patrols sucked, it was hours of flying and patrolling the skies above the free state that they lived in. It meant boredom beyond compare and to top it off all you had time for was eating sleeping and patrolling that was it. So when he said that Silas was visibly pissed off but said nothing because he knew the chance would be higher to make him if he spoke out. Illarion glared back at Silas before looking back at Veeious for his decision.

Prism wasn’t able to speak the confused ‘excuse me?’ He had wanted to say before he was handed the little otter. He blinked and looked up at Illarion just in time to see both him and Silas disappear. They’re all quiet as they’re left there, save for Prism mumbling a quiet little “hi there...” towards the little pup he now held. While he had nothing against animals, especially the more water-based ones, Prism couldn’t say he was experienced in handling them. So he was just thankful the pup was settled enough to have fallen asleep on him as he awkwardly stood, waiting for Illarion to come back as the others started to eat. Or in Cherry’s case, nibble really.

Kaerius flinched a bit when the two dragons did return. While he wasn’t a fan of the way Cherry had been jostled around, he also wasn’t a fan of seeing Silas so beat to hell, even if he had deserved it just a little bit. He was tied as to what he should say, so he opted for being quiet for the time being. A miracle, many would’ve considered his silence if the situation wasn’t as off as it were. The others through were much better at handling it than his was. Granted, Desiree just snorts instead of giving a verbal reply. Cherry manages a smile, feeling a bit better. Although she’s certain Silas isn’t exactly honest with the apology, she still deigned to be the bigger person, speaking softly. “Apology accepted.” Vee didn’t speak much either, merely giving a single nod. He personally didn’t accept it, but that could wait.

Prism was pretty good at ignoring the exchange as he was more concerned about the otter he was holding. While he was caught off guard by the smile Illarion flashed, he returns it with a small smile of his own, letting his arms fall to his sides once the otter pup was flashed away. “Yeah. No problem.” Prism says, not quite sitting down yet as the side of his pants were still damp from the saltwater.

Then when Illarion approaches Cherry and Veeios again, the male’s attention is instantly grabbed by the offer. He’s compelled to instantly say yes. It was easy for him to be petty like that. The only reason he doesn’t say yes immediately is the way Kae frowns a bit and how Cherry nudges him slightly. Vee sighs, low and long before answering Illarion while glaring at Silas. “No,” he says, making Kaerius relax a little a bit while Cherry smiles. “But if he does it again...” his glare intensifies. “Put his ass on it,. And I’ll be sure to let the dogs have fun chasing him around.”

Illarion nodded and shot a glare back to Silas before standing and crossing his arms. “If you say so Veeious If it was me I would have done much worse. Oh that reminds me Vee. Do you still think you will feel up to coming to my work today and talking to the kids about Dakota?” He asked a hint or hope in his tone. They had been asking him about the dog all morning and it was driving him nuts. So he was hoping Vee would be okay with it. He looked over at Prism and added, “You should come too. If you want that is ... You could see Sasha and her mom… plus, you could walk around the aquarium. I have been told it is fun.” He was offering because Prism took such great care of the pup while he was disciplining his brother. He had no idea he had made it sound like he was trying to ask Prism on a date. Silas did however and even though he was pissed couldn’t help but snicker in his corner. He said nothing for most of the meal. After they had all eaten and conversed about what was going on.

Illarion had told the girls what his brothers had done and why they would need them to stay with them for a while until they could help them become safe in a place of their choosing. He had asked them if it would be alright for them to stay at the guest house on the estate for now. That way they could be close and Vee could see his child being born. “We have an on-site doctor for you as well. Her name is Cathy and is very nice. She has been informed of what to expect from your OBGYN that you already had. Drake wanted to make sure you still had your freedom and still felt safe and protected. He asked me to let you know if you should need anything to let one of us know and it would be provided for you and your mate. Anything at all ladies just let us know we are glad to help.” He said nodding before getting up and patting Prism on the head out of reflex. “I must get back I have a diving class to tech but it was wonderful to meet you two. If you should need me… Prism just call me name and I will come help you all.” He said looking down at prism with a pondering face before kissing his cheek and flashing off.

Silas got up and motioned for everyone to do the same if they were done. He was getting ready to go and started to put on his coat and helping Kae up unwilling to let his hand go. “Shall we take the cars to the house now then?” He asked hopeful that he wouldn’t have to sit with the dog and Vee. Once they all agreed everyone got into the cars and took the forty-minute drive back to the house. Once they did get there, Drake was waiting for them at the front of the house just up the steps.

Illarion’s question about the kids and Dakota was what pulled Veeios away from his glaring at Silas. He blinks in a bit of surprise. Not because he had forgotten, but more because he hadn’t expected it to be the same day. He looks down at the napping pup in his arm and he looks back up at the dragon, nodding after a few moments of thought. He might have to get out of the house again in case he felt the urge to strangle a certain dragon. “Yes. If I’ve got the time.”

Prism also hadn’t been expecting the offer to be extended his way. “Yeah?” It’d be a lie if he said he wasn’t interested. He’d sign up for a field trip to the aquarium any day. He loved sea-life, and pretty much everything having to do with the ocean. Hell, Prism would happily pull one of evolution’s horrors out of some forgotten cave and slap the ‘cute’ label on it. “I guess I wouldn’t mind tagging along...” the accidental meaning behind the words went completely over Prism’s head, and the redhead missed the way Vee sighed while the two women shook their heads.

They all listened intently as Illarion went on to explain the situation to Desiree and Cherry. While discomfort was noticeable — mainly on Rae’s part — the two of them overall had few complaints on the matter. If anything, Cherry herself appreciated the change. While on one hand it would be a bit of a stressful move with how far along she was. But on the other hand, she’d always been a firm believer that Veeios deserved to be in involved in their kid’s life, no matter how much he thought otherwise. Not to mention having a free doctor and a free place to live? That was like a vacation in its own right, and she wasn’t about to pass up on an opportunity like that. “Thank you. I appreciate it. Truly,” she managed to say before the dragon flashes away, smiling at the little display of affection Illarion had made that had Prism resting a hand against the cheek Illarion had kissed with a faint look of surprise.

Kaerius didn’t say a thing about the way Silas held on to his hand as he nodded. “Yeah, Let’s get going.” While the afternoon hadn’t quite unfolded the way as planned, at least it hadn’t completely blown up in their faces. ‘Take the little things as they come...’ he’d thought. At least, until they all rolled up to the house and he caught sight of the dragon waiting for them all up the stairs. Kaerius and Vee both recognized him vaguely, from the first day they had arrived at the house. Prism, however, had no actual clue as to who this guy was. But while the mixture of curiosity and concern was on his face, he decided to keep it to himself for the moment.

03f067c7c47fc2baf75016246a2bd237.jpg

Drake stood at the top of the marble steps, unflinching with an unreadable expression on his face. He waited for them all to file out of the cars and walk up the steps. To his right was two servants and behind him was four body guards all in black with gold accents. As everyone got closer they could see that behind him was a small child no more than sixteen at most with black hair and pale skin. He had on a black pull over hoodie with a violin on it that said Music to the soul in an endless void. The endless void was a band he favored it seemed. His hair was smooth and curled at the tips which made in hard to see the small black horns poking up out of his head. He wore his hood up until Drake looked down at him, then he stepped out and took it off slowly still looking away. His pointed ears twitched when he heard the sound of a dog whine. It made him look up his one Violet eye widening when he caught eye on the puppy. He took one step forward but then froze before looking up at Drake who nodded. He licked his lips and clutched his hands to his sweater before slowly walking up to Vee who had the dog. His hair covered one side of his face but if Veeious looked closely he would be able to see a small bit of a scar on his right side peeking out under his hair. He glanced at the dog and then up at Vee for permission to pet her. He then looked back at Drake who finally spoke.

“Welcome home and welcome too Druk Yul honored guests. I am Drake Drakomas. I hope my brother has treated you better since our little talk with him.” He looked at Silas who glared and looked away clearly more submissive to his older brother. He did so out os respect to his brother’s rank. He was king of all dragons second only to the first dragon and his brothers which were gods more than anything else. Drake looked over to Veeious and commented, “He wants your approval to pet the pup. He cannot speak.” He said earning him a glare from the young boy and a huff as he tried to say something only for Silas’s eyes to grow wide looking at him with surprise. His gaze darted back to Drake before looking back at their younger brother. He didn’t move and held his breath as the kid mouthed a word a few times before growling and looking up at Vee with one frustrated eye and a frown. He tired once more softly as if it was more of a whisper he said, “Volos.” Drake arched a borrow his hearing better than most and Silas let out the breath he was holding and stared shocked. They all looked at Volos as he stood there closing his mouth waiting for an answer from Vee.

Attachments

• 03f067c7c47fc2baf75016246a2bd237.jpg
    03f067c7c47fc2baf75016246a2bd237.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom