Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins and Twins (Luke & Umbra)

While Kaerius was trying not to laugh His dragon was dying of laughter in the seat next to him having to cover his stomach and mouth with his arms. It didn’t help when Vee accused them. Silas had to get up and walk into the kitchen to get water to stop the hiccups he got from laughing at the situation. Meanwhile Salis reached out over Vee and grabbed the case in question and looked at it with a frown before opening the thing and setting the glasses on Vee’s nose gently. He smiled then and Kissed the twins ear before hugging him to his chest like a protective bear hugging a small cub. “Not sure why your upset but it will be fine. Just calm down and eat it is why we came down here correct?” Said Silas before releasing Vee and reaching for the coffee which he desperately needed.

Salis came back in from the kitchen to see his brother set the glasses on Vee’s face only to burst out laughing once more and shake his head. He covered his mouth snickering as he made his way back to his seat. After sitting down he plated himself some food and leaned back in the chair to eat it trying to look only at Kae after the look Vee and Silas gave him he knew better then to continue poking the bear as it were. Once done he sipped his coffee quietly listening to the rest of them talk and only commenting once in a while.

There were no words that were coming to Veeios’ rescue, his mind blank as the embarrassment washed over it. He could only imagine the color that was taking over his face as he reached up to cover it with his hands, feeling his face burn a bit more when he heard the faint “aw~” from his brother. But he still had it in him to throw a fierce glare at Silas when the dragon came back in to laugh. Veeios took a deep breath, grumbling lowly to himself as he managed to calm himself down enough to lean back into Salis actually start eating. At least, start eating without the urge to throw something at the two sitting on the other side of the table.

The grin Kaerius wore as almost painful at this point, a snicker escaping at the exchange between his twin and Silas. But after a bit he managed to calm himself down as well to eat, his shit-eating grin fading into a nice little content smile. But as time went on it turned into a small frown as he glanced to Vee, who looked away soon after. For a moment Kae awkwardly bit at his lower lip as he looked down. He glanced to the side at Silas and sighed, shaking his head. “So uh...” he started, trying to think of a decent way to put it without babbling like an idiot. “Guess I’m gonna be the first one to mention, but uh...who wants to volunteer to talk about last night?” Kae didn’t exactly want to start that conversation at the breakfast table, but he had the inkling of a feeling that his brother wasn’t going to say anything. And seeing the way Veeios flinched a little bit, he knew he was right.

Salis had had two cups of black coffee before Silas gave in and put the milk and sugar into the next one for his brother who hadn’t even noticed till he sipped some of the drink and commented it tasted better. They all seemed to look at Kae at the same time when he brought up the night before. Silas was the first to speak. “I think you just did.” He commented and sipped his drink looking at his brother before looking back at Kaerius. Salis looked confused before looking down at Vee. “What about last night? Didn’t we watch a movie and fall asleep? That’s what I remember did something else happen?” He said and then looked at everyone else.

Silas sighed and rubbed the back of his head before answering him. “Well yes that happened too I guess but that wasn’t all that happened. I know this topic is going to be hard for all of us so let’s stay calm and talk slowly.” He said taking a sip before continuing. “We went to check on Vee last night because your cat came to get us. You had fallen asleep and he well… Vee needed some medicine and help. Vee you want to tell him why that was or would you like me or your brother too?”

Veeios didn’t answer right away. No, he just clenched his jaw and glared hard down at the table. For a moment he didn’t even want to breathe, his body tending up at the memory of last night. It was bad enough he’d had a panic attack in front of an audience. He didn’t want to have to explain it to someone else too. He just...really didn’t want to. But at the same time, Veeios also didn’t want the others to have to explain it for him. He knew he could be pathetic, but he wasn’t that far down in the pit of despair he found himself it more often than he desired.

After a minute passed he finally took a breath, thankful for Kaerius being patient for once and not jumping the gun this time. “I...” Vee had to pause, clearing his throat to try to make his voice not sound so meek. But he still kept his gaze low, not wanting to look at anyone yet. “...after you fell asleep, Asmodeus came over to talk to me. After a bit she started talking about the brother Kae and I had. She...she told me that he’s...bound as a shade, and that if he’s not brought back, he...he’ll turn into a demon.” Despite how Veeios tried to resist, his voice still went quiet as he finished speaking, and he found he couldn’t say anything afterwards. ‘Fuck,’ He thought. Maybe he should’ve taken the leap into the hole he’d dug.

Every muscle in Salis body tensed hearing those words. It sent a sense of dread spiraling through his body that he hadn’t felt in eons. He swallowed the sip of coffee he had in his mouth and glared at his brother with eye like a serpent that slit vertically. It was a look as feral as the beast he was and it showed even more so when his eyes changed for a split second. Silas took notice and pulled Kae closer he had no clue what his brother would do with the way Vee just spilled the beans. He had hopped the twin would have been a bit more tactful clearly he had not. Silas set his coffee cup down and then got up setting Vee down on the chair gently so as not to hurt him. He would never hurt his mate but right now he wanted to punch a hole through the wall or worse set all humanity on fire… yeah that last bit sounded good to him. He looked at Vee it wasn’t his fault he had no idea what he was asking him to do but now he was torn with himself. He stalked from the room and went out the front door. Slamming it shut in the process. Salis looked over at Vee and loosened his hold on Kae.

“That could have been worse at least he didn’t barbecue us all.” He said trying to lighten the mood. From the look on Vee’s face it said that he was hurting and Kae looked no better from what he could tell. “I will talk to him. He is just reliveing the past in his mind. The last time he did this it broke him inside so you have to understand what it is we are actually asking him to do. He has to give a piece of his life to your brother so he can heal him and that is risky even for a Dragon. It will mean he could die in the process. The fact that he didn’t reject it right off the bat tells me that he is thinking it over. Vee if you feel up to it maybe see if your touch can calm him down. You are after all his mate and if anyone can it would be you. I can fly you too him I know where he is going and all his hiding spots when he gets upset.”

The only thing Veeios could physically do was flinch, feeling the urge to just cringe in on himself. To just have a black hole open up inside of him and pull him in. Though there wasn’t a chance it would numb the guilt that sparked in his chest, increasing the pool of it that had already settled in him. Once upon a time he took pride in his ability to be masterful with his words. Now Vee just hated opening his mouth half the time. Like he did now. He could feel the change in Salis and in the room around him in general, and he couldn’t bring himself to look any in the eyes. Especially not when Silas made an attempt — a very poor one, in Veeios’ opinion — to try and lighten the mood. “Yeah...” he mumbled lowly, refusing to look up from the table and flinching again as Silas continued with the explanation. ‘Ever the master at making mess after mess...’ He thought bitterly. ‘If a life has to be given, it should be mine. There really is no fairness in anything.’

All the while Kaerius kept his own gaze averted. Or at least, he tried to. But he couldn’t help the way he kept glancing at his twin, knowing exactly the kind of thoughts Vee was having and the way it was eating his brother up. Kae bit at his lower lip; just yet another one of his many nervous ticks. He glanced between his brother and Silas, not knowing what to say to try and lessen the way the air weighed heavily in the room. Eventually he gave a quiet sigh. “The only other option would be to leave him alone and let him stew in it.”

Veeios didn’t give an immediate response, then heaved a sigh of his own. “I know.” He knew from personal experience that being left alone wasn’t always the best option. He glanced down at his hands, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips — he remembered touch wasn’t the best thing before he was marked by Salis. Would it really be a good thing this time around, he wondered? Vee had his doubts. ‘Just like with everything else...’ He was almost scowling at this point as he shook his head to free himself of the thoughts riddling his mind. “If you think it’s best, then by all means...” He trailed off, going quiet.

Silas nodded, “Yes but he is a Dragon and from what I know of my brother is that it never gets better, just worse. Not to say that Vee is to blame, Vee you’re not we knew this was going to be a rough subject for him and more so you I think as you’re the one who can ask him. Or did ask him… Like I said though he didn’t say no which means he will say yes. Ah fuck!” He said getting up rather quickly and stripping off his shirt and tie as he bolted for the door his brother had just left out of. “That fucking also means that he will try to go in alone! Son of a … I am sorry boy but you’re in for a rough ride. Hurry it up and grab your shoes glasses and coats were going to go get him before he does something stupid like trade himself to the bitch of all evil again. Cat get your ass down here Salis went off into hell alone and I need you as a guide!” He yelled up the stairs. As he completely stripped down to nothing but his boxers. He threw his clothes and some pants for his brother in a backpack before walking out side. He stood on the lawn and shifted throwing Kae the bag to hold onto. He knelt down and waited for the twin boys to climb on.

Asmodeus heard Silas and came bolting down the stairs and outside to see he was already waiting for her. She looked back to see Kae and Vee so she assumed what he had yelled at her was the truth. She cursed in infernal then climbed up the dragons back to wait for one of the boys to grab and hold her in place. She would fall off otherwise she thought waiting.

Meanwhile Salis had left and done just what his brother thought he would do. He had shifted and gone straight into hell none to subtly. In fact, once he got there he rained down Ice and hell with fire and furry. Frizzing the land and turning it into a frozen wasteland. He made his way to the black palace flying high and attracting attention from every Demon and Devil in the area. His roar echoed throughout all of the land and shook it hard knocking anything that wasn’t stable down to the ground. He was pissed and was taking no prisoners She would give him what he wanted or he would crush her to pieces this time no matter if she begged him not to. Once he would have done anything for her now all he could think of was pulling out her heart and ripping out her throat with his teeth.

‘Not to blame my ass-’ Veeios had to actively bite his tongue to keep himself from spouting the words out loud. Good God, everything bad that’s happened the whole last half of his and Kae’s life felt like it was his fault. Or maybe it’s been that way since they were kids. He could no longer tell at what solid point everything in his life started to just crash and burn. But if anything it was proof that he was good at one thing: lying. Good enough to convince himself that he was so untouchable and that everything would be fine.

It took Vee a good moment to realize the kind of dark turn his thoughts had taken and it had him flinching. ‘A bad day to continue a bad night...’ He thought. Which was horrible, considering he’d actually had a decent start to the day for once. But then soon enough he jumped, being brought back down to Earth with Silas’ outburst. The break from his internal self-hatred didn’t last long, though, the dragon’s words feeling like Vee had just been dropped into ice cold water. His body went rigid, breath trapped in his chest as he looked up, meeting his twin’s gaze. The only coherent thought he could manage at that point was ‘fuck’, and from the look on Kae’s face, he could only assume his brother had a similar thought.

At that point it was just a combination of panic and adrenaline that got Veeios to move from his frozen spot. It felt more like he was scrambling like a headless chicken than running as he rushed to change out of the clothes he’d slept in and made sure he grabbed whatever else he needed. Though Veeios’ pace stuttered slightly as he was making his way back down the stair. It felt like his whole body slipped a bit, his head feeling light. Gritting his teeth with a curse he pushed it back, making his way outside only to falter once more at the sight of Silas in dragon form. ‘Oh.’ It didn’t take a genius to know what was next, and Vee hated how the thought of flying made him feel worse than he already did, the mere thought of his stupid fear of heights making him feel nauseous.

Throughout both the whole exchange between Vee and Silas and the hurried chaos that followed, Kaerius was worried. He saw the look on his brother’s face and it made his heart hurt. He wanted to say something. Just anything, but he just didn’t get the chance — not when they temporarily went their separate ways and not when they were both outside. Kae could see the way Vee shook slightly even though his brother didn’t notice. He bit his lip, softly calling out “Vee-”, but his twin shook his head and instantly he was just shut down. So Kaerius went quiet and watched Vee make his way on Silas’ back, watching his brother grab Asmodeus before following suit and climbing on Silas as well, tightly holding the bag to himself.

Silas took off fallowed by a trope of Dragons and demons alike. The place they were heading was called hell for a reason and he wanted to make sure the human mates were as safe as he could. He would never forgive himself if something happened to either of them and neither would Salis. So with out to much prompting he took to the air. “Hold tight to each other I won’t let you fall but it will be a bit bumpy once we get through.” He said climbing high into the sky. What happened next would shock most anyone if they saw it. Asmodeus opened a portal in the side of a mountain and all the dragons flew through it. The sounds of Screams and bones crunching things knawing on others echoed out as they flew in. Silas dove and avoided Charonte evil flying demons that consumed the souls the high demons and devils didn’t want. They were always hungry and looking for a snack. He dove once more this time to the left then the right till they flew out of the darkness and into the first layer of hell. Silas looked around and the whole place was covered in ice. Everything was freezing over the ice was spreading. He had no idea his brother could do such a thing. He always thought he had fire breath like he did and well he does but he didn’t know he had ice as well. What else was he hiding from him Silas thought?

Salis had made his way to the Palace and blasted open the doors “Knock knock!” He hissed before he was surrounded by Demons and Devils of all kinds. They pounced on him without warning making the Dragon roll and shake his body launching them into walls and off of him. The next thing he did was breath Ice down the hallway freezing anything in his path. Once he had done that he shifted to his human like form using magic to put clothes on himself for now. He walked up into the hall. He walked up to where a lithe dark haired beauty was sitting on a throne made of black crystals filled with the souls of the tormented dead. She cut an evil glare towards him as he approached. Chained next to her was Prism. He was dressed in black leathers and tied to her throne like he was a trophy and she was just waiting for Salis to show. “I see you have made it home My love. I knew you would come if I kept the boy.” She said with a smirk and a laugh.

Meanwhile Silas and the others had just made it to the castle. Silas landed and waited to let the two get off along with Asmodeus who was slowly climbing down just as he touched the ground. “We need to hurry your brother is in danger!” She said and bolted for the room Salis was now in.

ed4d52b9af1f0869c7a22802e71bc15c.jpg

6348996213478adfad29cae0c19b9ba8.png

Veeios could feel everything in his body lurch when Silas took off and instinctively he hunched over, refusing to open his eyes. He’d never been good with heights. Got sick anytime he was at a great height and — stupidly, he could admit — would look down. He refused to be so stupid now. He could already feel nausea messing with his already rolling body. He didn’t need to get physically sick, especially now of all times. Faintly he could feel Kae behind him lean forward, his brother wrapping his arm around him. It wasn’t much, but it provided at least a little bit of comfort. Enough comfort to help ease some of his shaking.

Kaerius almost couldn’t believe his eyes as he watched the flight and where they landed. He almost hadn’t breathed, holding in his breath until they landed. “Holy shit..” he whispered as he looked around the practical frozen wasteland they’d landed in. Faintly he shivered while Veeios went undisturbed. Whether the cold legitimately didn’t bother him or if his twin was just that weighed down by everything else, Kaerius honestly couldn’t tell. But what he could tell was that his brother looked like his heart was about to beat right out of his chest.

Kae cursed when Vee was the first to take off in a sprint after Asmodeus and he took off right after them as well. For the first time in his life, Kaerius found it difficult to keep up with his brother. He’d always been faster than Vee, but not this time.

Veeios all but burst into the room, his body going rigid the instant his eyes landed on Prism. The sight of the younger was like a gift and a curse rolled into one. There’d been a period of time where he’d thought he would forget what Prism looked like, and seeing the young man’s face was like a refresh. But at the same time, seeing him chained like some prized animal did something nasty to him. It made ice feel like it settled in his chest, freezing him solid from the inside out. The vague that of ‘that’s my fault’ seared his mind and the ice instantly boiled, turning into a rage that made him tremble.

He was a hair’s width away from moving forward to act upon violent impulses if Kaerius hadn’t finally arrived behind him to grab his arm. “Vee don’t!” He practically shouted and made the motion to hold the bag Silas had given him out of easy reach from Vee. While Kaerius’ breathes hitched at the sight of their younger brother chained and miserable, making him angry in his own right, he couldn’t leave Veeios unchecked. But Kaerius already knew: this was going to get ugly.

Salis stood there glaring his face in a scowl at Lilith. Lilith glared at all of them when they entered but laid most of her malice down on Salis. “I knew you come didn’t think you would come with fools.”

“pardon?”

“Beg all you want but I knew you would return for Prism in the end, if anything you are … Predictable.”

Salis ground his teeth. “Your point.”

“It is simple; you want Prism … I want your Dragon stone. One for the other. Now give it”

Yeah right Salis thought he knew better than that. Salis hesitated at giving into her lie. “How do I know I can trust you when I know you’re a manipulative bitch with wings and a spiny tail?”

“You would talk to me about trust when you’re the one who killed my Lover. When you killed Eros!”

Silas moved closer to Salis just as Asmodeus walked up in front of them both and began to talk. “Um you know you’re the one who asked him to do that right?”

Lilith hissed and glared down at the Cursed Devil, “I didn’t expect him to and if I hear one word out of you I will Kill the boy on the spot.”

Ouch. Silas thought but his brother’s reaction was much more violent. He grabbed Salis’s shoulder and held him back, “Temper brother,” Silas warned. “Don’t let her get under your scales, think it through.”

Silas was right if he wanted everyone to live and go free he would have to keep his calm. He took a deep breath and looked up at her. “Give me Prism.”

Lilith snapped her fingers. “Free Him.” One of the gray skinned Demons unlocked the chains and Prism walked slowly towards Salis. His eyes were a hazy sort of gray till he got closer and Silas grabbed him before he fell. “Easy tiger your brothers would kill me if you tripped on your way to heaven.” He said and patted the boy on the back.

Lilith growled and opened her hand, “Give it Dragon.” Salis shrugged and summoned the white marbleized stone and used his magic to place it in her hands. She grinned and stood up pinning him with a sinister glare. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“What?” Salis asked.

“A Dragon stone is useless without it’s dragon. How stupid do you think I am?”

Honestly? He was hoping she hadn’t known anything about that. He should have guessed she did. Crap…

Silas threw his brother his sword and picked up the young Prism so he wouldn’t be harmed he shifted into his dragon form. Prism was placed on Silas’s back in shock that he was on a Dragon while Silas used his tail to pull Kae and Vee closer. “In the bag are weapons defend yourselves it is going to get ugly.” He growled. Salis was heading straight for Lilith who had pulled her own blade out and was laughing as they clashed the metal swords off each other. Demons started to swarm in and attack them all.

Kaerius would admit that he had no idea just how Vee contained himself for so long. With the insult of calling them fools and the threat of killing Prism — again. Kae just didn’t know how his brother managed to stay standing where he was. If he hadn’t know any better, he would said that Vee’s feet froze to the ground. Maybe it was some of the relief that Prism had been released that kept him still. But whatever it was? Kaerius thanked his lucky stars. Because under no circumstance would he be able to keep Veeios from charging in to battle.

Then all at once everything escalated. All it took was the sound of metal clashing and the swarm of demons to make the tiny rope that kept Vee’s rationality and sanity in check to snap.

There was no stopping the wave of unbridled rage and bloodlust that crashed into Veeios. He whirled around faster than Kae could react and was snatching the bag from his hand. All within a manner of seconds he was armed with both a blade and a gun, vaulting himself out of the cover they’d had with Silas to charge recklessly into battle, the angriest war cry anyone had ever heard from an otherwise quiet male breaking out of him.

Everything had just been too much for Veeios to handle, and now the beast he tried to hard to contain was out. He would show these demons ugly and who the real fools were. He’d show them what happened to people who thought they could hurt his family and get away with it.

The first demon that was within his sight took a bullet between their eyes. The next demon was met with an instant beheading with the blade.

Fuck!” The curse left Kae as a shout. Time all but moved in slow motion in his eyes as his brother took off. The urge to follow after his twin was strong, but the old memory of being mistaken as an enemy and getting a knife in his rib cage kept him in place, the old scar throbbing slightly at the thought. He remembered Vee almost breaking down once at the realization of what he’d done once he had finally calmed down from his rage. At this point Vee saw nothing but red, and there wasn’t going to be any way for Kae to snap him out of it without getting hurt in the process.

Kaerius wasn’t about to go through that again. He grit his teeth with a snarl of his own, pulling a gun from the bag to use as well. “Come and get some you fuckers!” He shouted, not hesitating to start fighting back and defending himself.

Lilith was focused on Salis who was swinging his sword at her with precise strokes it looked like the Dragon was dancing not fighting wither. She hated how he could look so good in everything he was doing it pissed her off to know end, even more so when he rejected her. She grits her teeth and yelled for more reinforcements. “Kill them all but Salis! I need him alive and bitching!” Salis swung at her catching her in her side with his blade making her hiss in pain. More Demons seemed to stream in from the shadows to attack all their master claimed as intruders. Asmodeus growled and shifted forms turning into her devil form and taking out many of the demons coming at them. The fact that some stopped in their tracks and ran at the site of the old ruler made the other demons to hesitate about attacking them at least long enough for Kae and Vee to kill all who attack them so far.

Prism came to his senses and before Silas could stop him he slides down off his back. “Ah shit! Come back you dumb ass!” He called but had to turn around and bit one of the demons coming to kill Kae that Kae didn’t notice. Prism made a mad dash for Lilith and her throne. He ducked and dodged under all the demons like a man possessed sliding into place he looked for the Dragon stone. Noticing it was in Lilith’s left hand he was about to do something fucking completely certifiably insane. Salis had pinned the Devil bitch into a pillar by her throat. If he hadn’t taken a vow to never kill a living soul, he would have crushed the whores wind pipe by now. Prism saw his opening as she let her hand near her lower side getting ready to kick Salis away from her he bolted. Quickly he slides between them two and snatched the stone right out of her clawed hands. “Hi thanks I’ll be taking that!” She howled and pushed Salis off her trying to get at Prism who was running back towards the door at lightning speed. “That Is mine! Kill Him!” She growled before Salis punched her in the gut making her double over in pain. Prism smiled and kept running. “Nah I think it belongs to that Dragon who just punched ya. I think I will keep it. Looks better on me then it would your sorry ass.” He yelled cheekily back at her. He passed Vee and grinned at his brother, “Time to go bro move your ass.” He said as he ran by only to feel a Dragons tail wrap around him and carry him off out into the hall then into the sky. “Holy Fuck this!” He said clutching the stone. “So not worth one rock! Oh fuck!...” He noticed the Demons swarming at him only to feel the Dragon flip him into his talons and Dodge them all launching them both into the portal back to the house.

Meanwhile Silas grabbed at Kae and picked him up along with the cat. “Time to go Salis! We have what we came for! Help Vee Now before he gets Killed!” That got Salis’s attention as he saw Lilith going for Vee. If She couldn’t have you brother this one was as good as the last she thought but before she could get any closer Salis had shifted and his tail had swung into her tossing her into a wall and cracking it. Not caring what Vee would do to him he grabbed him in his talons and flew out of the hall. Once out with all the other Dragons he flew up and circled before using his Ice breath to seal all the demons and devils inside. It wouldn’t last forever but it would give them time to escape. With speed he fallowed his brother ignoring all pain and holding Vee tightly he flew through the portal. Once there Silas set Kae down on the ground. They could see Prism laying on the ground like he was going to be sick clutching something in his hands so tightly that his hand were white from it. He was breathing heavily and cursing out the man standing over him wearing nothing but pants and glaring down at him.

Veeios was all but ignorant to the world around him. Anything that wasn’t the demons swarming him was blocked out, from his brothers, to the dragons, to Lilith. He didn’t even take notice when Asmodeus shifted forms, nor did he notice that Prism had been reckless and ran by him. He was too set on the demons, focused on making them hurt. What started off as clean, almost merciful kills swiftly turned into messy, painful kills to those who met Vee’s blade. He was less of a man in that moment and more like a cornered animal gone feral.

Kaerius had wanted to shout out a warning before he was picked up by Silas. A warning to be careful with Vee because his brother was in DEFCON KILL MODE and would quickly turn his aggressions onto Salis. But Kae didn’t get the chance and he cursed, clinging to Silas and Asmodeus with throbbing hands — during the battle he used less of the gun and more of his fists. Hand-to-hand and martial arts were what he was best at. He wouldn’t be surprised if he had a broken finger or two, or maybe even a cracked bone in his palm. He punched a lot of demons.

But he didn’t once complain about the pain. Adrenaline pumped through him still and the moment his feet touched the ground he bolted, throwing himself to his knees at Prism’s side to wrap his arms around the male in a tight hug. Fuck it had been way too long since the last time he’d gotten to hold his younger brother, and for the time being, he was refusing to let him go. Rubbing at Prism’s back he murmurs lowly. “Are you okay?”

It took a minute for the redhead to reply, still cursing as he hunched over the stone. While he didn’t share the same genetics as the twins, he sure as hell shared the same fear of heights that Veeios had. With a nod Prism wheezed and glared up at the dragon that had grabbed him. “Fuck, give some warning next time. I’m not tall enough for that rollercoaster yet.” The sass got a soft laugh out of Kae — God, he missed that snarky little mouth.

Veeios, however, wasn’t fairing as well as the others. The instant Salis has snatched him in his talons he was trying to fight the dragon’s hold, twisting and turning and cursing venomously as he did so. While he had dropped the gun as they flew out of Hell he still had the blade; and it was all too obvious that, if he had the right angle, he would try to drive the blade through Salis as he had done to the demons he’d violently down. Vee’s rage still flowed through him like a disease, and it wasn’t going to be a walk in the park trying to get it out of his system.

Once Silas landed he changed from dragon to man once more and put on some clothes watching his mate rush over to his brother. What caught him off guard was his younger brother standing over the boy and his mate grinning like an idiot. “What in all the hells Illrion! If our brother found out, you had fallowed us into hell he would skin your hide and mine what were you thinking!” He roared and strode over to his younger brother only to punch him in the arm. Illarion took it and glared at him with a do it again and I will toss your ass on the ground face before answering him. “Look I saw where you were going and tailed you because I thought you would need help and I was right. Boy you guys know how to pick a party.” “Not as well as you know how to crash one!” Silas said just as he saw Salis fly in but not land. “That doesn’t look so good… I think… yup...” illarion trailed off as he watched the two splash into the fountain. Silas looked down at Kae, “Kae I think Vee needs you maybe… He seems to be in fuck all this mode still…and well … never mind my brother seems to have over did it.” Silas glared at Salis then looked back to Prism “So you’re the one everyone has been so up in arms about nice to meet you I am your brothers mate my name is Silas and this guy is Illarion my brother.”

Salis was having trouble keeping hold of Vee and when that blade went into his talon he dropped the male into the fountain. Quickly trying to save him he teleported to his side using magic for the first time in years he grabbed his mate taking the sword to the side he gripped him hard before splashing into the water. Salis held him tightly before swimming to the surface and disarming him of the weapon. “Vee it’s me calm down It’s okay everyone is fine we are all safe Prism is here too. He is safe I promise take a breath.” But it seemed like his words were going in one ear and out of the other. He flashed them both to ground and stood holding Vee tightly so he could barely move. Till Vee found a way to get out of his hold. Salis backed up waiting for Vee to come at him. He knew with one look at his mate he was out for blood didn’t matter one bit who’s it was in his eyes. Salis growled low before fighting with him and knocking him out in the process. =Next thing Vee would know is he was waking up in Salis’s bed the cat laying at his feet.

Everything about Vee was vicious. From the way he thrashed to the way he glared, to the way he moved. The impromptu did in the water did nothing to hamper him and neither did being disarmed — with his right arm healed from the burn, he could put up more than just a fight now. And fight he did. None of Salis’ words reached him. Veeios never calmed down nor was the dragon capable of holding him down long enough for him to calm down. All of the stresses of the day, the threats of death and just everything in general had just been too much for him. While he wasn’t as graceful as Kaerius when it came to hand-to-hand, he still put up a damn good fight against Salis. He’d managed more than just a few good blows before the dragon got the upper hand, his head meeting Veeios’ in a headbutt that had him falling limp, out for the count.

Kaerius was barely listening in on the squabbling dragons, Silas and the new one Illarion. His focus had been on Prism until he heard his twin’s name get mentioned. He quickly whipped his head around too look, flinching slightly as he watched Veeios and Salis go at it. He flinched again when Vee‘s head jerked back from the headbutt and he fell, knocked out by the dragon. “Yeah, that was probably the best way to handle it...” Kaerius mumbles lowly, subconsciously moving his hand to rub at the faded scar. At least nobody got stabbed this time. Er, well, nobody had been fatally stabbed. That was one less thing for Vee to worry about whenever he woke up.

Tearing his eyes from his twin and Salis he focused back on Prism and the other two dragon’s. He watch the confusion cross the redhead’s face as he glanced between Kaerius and the dragons. “Excuse you?” Came the equally confused question instead of addressing either of the dragons. Prism looked at his older brother. “Mate? Are they for real? What, is this some Twilight Zone version of Animal Planet or something?”

That had Kaerius laughing again, easing his tension all over again. “It’s...it’s a little weird yeah, I won’t lie to you there.” He ran a hand through his hair — lord, it needed brush. It was a right tangled mess after all of that excitement — and looked up at Silas. “But it’s not that complicated once you get the gist of everything.”

Silas saw Kae rubbing something and panicked thinking Kae was hurt. He quickly picked up his mate and took off his shirt to inspect him only to find nothing amiss. He blinked and looked at Kae in his arms his shirt tangled in his arms above his head. “Don’t scare me like that I thought you had gotten hurt!” He growled and then nuzzled into Kaes chest. Illarion was laughing so hard he had to take a knee from the sight of it all. “You better get used to it sassy lassy this is a normal day for those two.” He said to prism before helping the male up off the ground. Touching him sent a rush of fire running through him so fast that his first reaction was to shift into his Dragon form but instead he caught himself then let go of the male’s hand. He then took a few steps back his body flooding him with all sorts of new emotions he didn’t know how to manage. so he gulped and turned to go inside seeing Salis walking past them all with Vee in his arms. He thought getting as much distance from the red head was the best idea.

While Kae struggled with his clothes Silas noticed his younger brother’s reaction to the one they called prism and groaned out loud. “Sorry Prism I am sure it wasn’t anything you did or need to worry about. It is not like you bit him or anything yet so I am sure he will be back.” He set Kae back down on his feet and kissed him on his head as a apology for the manhandling in front of his brother. He was waiting for the punch to the face or gut while looking back to Prism. “Would you like some lunch and for me to narrate how this story goes so far for you? I mean I can spin a tale for you but it will most likely seem like you have died again and gone to fairy land but I can assure you your only half dead at the moment and none of this is you dreaming.” He grinned and hugged Kae to him hoping his mate will chime in and help him explain all this here and then they could go in and eat lunch.

Prism was baffled all around. He wasn’t going to complain about the change, after the years he spent in literal hell. But he was still confused. From watching the way Kaerius and Silas acted with each other, to Illarion suddenly retreating after helping him up. He didn’t understand a lick of what was happening. So all Prism did was huff, scratching at his head. “Well yeah, I kinda figured I wasn’t dead again or dreaming.” He was frowning a little bit as he crossed his arms, almost looking like he was pouting. Food did sound pretty good, though.”

Kaerius muttered various little curses as he struggled with his shirt, a faint blush crossing his cheeks from the sudden manhandling and the impromptu snuggle fest Silas had with his chest. “Ass.” He grumbled, lightly swatting at the dragon’s stomach before dusting himself off, brushing the grass and dirt off of him. He couldn’t do anything about the bit of demon blood that was on his clothes, but that was the least of his concerns. “Yeah, I think that’d be a good idea.” Kae glanced between Silas and Prism — he’d completely missed what had happened between the redhead and Illarion. “Get the ball rolling about everything that’s happened and explain the whole dragon thing that’s going on.” He could imagine the look Prism was going to have when they told him about Veeios and Salis. There’s no way the younger male is going to believe them about those two.

Silas grinned and pulled Kaerius into a kiss for the little comment he made, he was going to punish him a bit. He suddenly picked the male up and slung him over his right shoulder like he weighted nothing before guiding Prism to the house. “This way Brother in law is the house and that’s where food is along with where you’re going to be living with your brothers and several of us Dragons. Hope you got some spirit cause we all can be a bit enthusiastic … some more than others.” He said and spanked Kae’s butt before he set him down so he could go upstairs and change. “Illarion! Come here for a minute.” Illarion heard his brother from inside the kitchen and sigh before answering his call. He frowned and crossed his arms to lean in the doorway. Like his brothers his silky black hair and blue eye matched theirs. His body was lean and from what you could see from his lack of shirt he had a lot of muscles. He was toned and also had a few tattoos a long his left arm and right leg which spanned across his back up and around the back of his neck. He was giving a glare to his brother but that soon ended when his brother asked his question making him frown at prism. “Why me? Oh right I get the sassy brat great! Just what I wanted to play babysitter to the human... sorry half-human.” He growled only to get smacked upside the head by Silas. “Just take the kid to get some clean clothes and give him a shower! The last thing we need is demons coming into the house because of the smell of their blood! And would it kill you to be a bit nicer?” He growled at Illarion before grabbing Kae and taking him up stairs to do the same, “We will be right back Prism but really the blood thing is bad so could you please fallow my brother and get changed? It will keep the demons from finding us and taking you again.” He said before dragging Kae with him to change. He threw open his bedroom door and stripped. He then threw his clothes on the bathroom floor before walking in to get the blood off him. He was going to let Kae decide when and how he got cleaned but for now he would work on himself if Kae wanted to come in he could.

Meanwhile Illarion sighed and glanced over at prism. “You look pissed off, confused and a mess. Since I was put in charge of your wellbeing I guess I will start by telling you about how dragons work while we walk to your room and your shower. First we mate for life and we only have one soulmate so if we’re lucky to find that one person it is said we go mad for them till they accept us. If they don’t we die of a broken heart. That being said your brothers and mine are soul mates. They accepted each other and are now a bonded pair. Their lives were extended by mating with my brothers and accepting the mating mark. Basically they are immortal and fire proof at this point. They have the ability to learn magic and now live here with my brothers. Any questions so far? Okay, good this way please. “He said and walked down the hall towards the bedrooms not giving the male time to ask. “this is your room and the shower is over here. There are clothes in the closet pick anything you like if you don’t like stuff just tell my brothers I am sure they will take you to go get something you like. Go shower and I will wait here till your done and walk you back.” He said before sitting in a chair like a big grumpy cat who really didn’t want to be here but was tolerating it.

As he was picked up and hauled over Silas’ shoulder, Kaerius repeated his comment. “Ass!” He huffed, crossing his arms. Any other day he would squirm and wriggle just for the sake of being a little pain. But after so much excitement being crammed into one morning, Kae figured he would accept being carried into the house. It wasn’t a “knight in shining armor” movie moment, but he’d take it either way, just shrugging when Prism gave him a look as the redhead followed them to the house. Then he was given a swat on the ass once they were inside. “Hey!” He huffed again when he was set down, sticking his tongue out at Silas. But other than that he was quiet, letting the male speak to Illarion and Prism — and being slightly glad Silas smacked the younger dragon’s head for being an ass before Kae had to do it. His hand may still be throbbing, but he still would’ve smacked Illarion for being a disrespectful little brat. Sighing he glanced at Prism, giving him a “See you soon” before being dragged upstairs by Silas. He watched the male go into the bathroom before clicking his tongue against his teeth, scratching at his head with his good hand. These next couple of days were going to be...something else. Shaking his head Kaerius made his way into the bathroom as well, taking the bloodied clothes off and glancing at his hurting hand. His middle and ring fingers had started to swell a bit. “Aw damn, and it’s my two favorite fingers, too.” He huffed, almost pouting.

“Well, somebody forgot the ‘cheer’ part to their Cheerios this morning...” Prism grumbled lowly, unamused with the way Illarion complained. Then he could only roll his eyes when the dragon pointed out how he looked. ‘Oh gee, I wonder why.’ He thought, crossing his arms and begrudgingly following as he was led to a room. At least the guy was kind enough to give some form of an explanation that was happening. ‘Even if he is a dick about it.’ The only reason Prism didn’t say the thought out loud was because he was low key surprised. A lot really had change do in the few years he’d been dead. He frowned a bit at that and scoffed, rolling his eyes at the way Illarion sat down. ‘Sure, you’re the babysitter...’ shaking his head he went to the closet, looking at the options before finding a simple long-sleeved shirt and some pants before making his way towards the shower. He didn’t complain about the rest of the clothes or any of the styles — anything was better than what he’d been forced to wear the past few years. All but peeling the leathers off himself Prism let out a relieved sigh, feeling like a new, free man. And he hadn’t even hopped in the shower yet.

Silas showered quickly before he came out and growled at Kaerius who was just standing there looking at his fingers. With a sigh he walked over to his mate and gently picked him up. “I know your hurt but I can’t heal you till your clean so get your cute pouty ass in here and sit still for me.” He growled setting Kaerius down in the shower. Gently grabbing his hurt hand, he placed it on the wall before he washed Kae softly. Once they were clean and he had looked him all over to see where he had hurt himself in the fight he helped dry him off and get dressed. “Hey I am sorry you got hurt next time would you stay closer to me please. It is hard chasing after you as a Dragon also your brother he is kinda crazy. Do I have to worry about you stabbing me too?” He looked down at Kae with a genuine concerned face.

Meanwhile Salis had changed Vee’s clothes and put him into the bed tucking him in before he took a shower and began to write him a letter explaining everything that he was about to do. Once he was done he used his magic to make sure if Vee needed anything he could find it easily. The only other he told about what he was going to do was Asmodeus who asked if he was sure. He nodded and then told her to take care of Vee for him she agreed and laid down on the end of the bed. Salis went downstairs to go find Prism and Kae. He waited in the hallway half dressed for the moment. Illarion was waiting for Prism to get in the shower finding himself wondering what was taking the guy so long he sighed and went to check on him. “Do you even know how to turn the water on? Or are you hurt or something…” He looked in to see the tall red haired male completely naked and all the leather on the floor. He blinked and forced himself to only look at the male’s eyes and not his cute ass like his brain was commanding he do. He said fuck that thought and f\growled wrenching his eyes from the male he turned around and called over his shoulder. “Do you need help or not?”

“Hey, I was on my way!” Kae huffed playfully, not complaining about being carried again. He grinned, happily returning the kiss and letting Silas wash him, and even letting the male help dress him. Though when the dragon spoke and asked his question, Kaerius frowned a bit. “Please don’t call Vee crazy,” he said softly. “He’s been called that too many times. It’s not his fault, the world’s been against him since day one.” As he finished he sighed and shook his head. “No. You don’t have to worry about me stabbing you. I’ve always been...better with handling mental and emotional pain.” His frown grew more as he said the words — he just didn’t like the way he phrased them. Sighing again he shrugged. “And it’s mainly just my hand that got hurt. Probably broken fingers.” The other bruises and scrapes didn’t bother him much at all.

Prism had to bite his tongue to keep him from shouting at Illarion for not knocking. He glared at the dragon, crossing his arms. “I’m fine.” He started as he looked at the shower, giving it a good once over — it wasn’t too hard to figure out. “And yes, I do know how to turn on the water. As shocking as I’m sure it is, you don’t have to literally be my babysitter.” Yes, he was still a little miffed about that. But Prism didn’t say much beyond that. He made himself busy with getting the water going and hopping in the shower, uncaring of whether or not Illarion stayed in the bathroom. The redhead was eager to be able to actually clean himself for a change without some cruel person to do it for him. Prism gave another content sigh as he reached for the soap, taking a bit to enjoy the freedom before actually making the notion to wash himself and scrub all of the blood off of him.

“Yeah sure but the pace you were going would have left us in here for hours so deal my love.” He said and began washing him carefully making sure to plant kisses on his favorite places sometimes here and there. He helped him dry and get dressed before he took a look at his hand and kissed it. “Right time to heal you and not just because it feels good doesn’t mean I want you to get hurt all the time.” He said before kissing Kae so hard it would suck the air from his lungs. He grabbed his mate’s hands and placed them on his chest so he could focus the magic into Kae’s body. Slowly his wounds knitted back together as a rush of flame washed over him like a wave crashing into the rocky shore. Silas deepened the kiss letting his tongue reach the very back of Kae’s mouth it snaked it’s way around inside him dueling with Kae’s own. Silas could feel when Kae’s wounds were healed like his heart beat was shared reaching the deepest parts of him. Soon he broke the kiss too look down at the lewd face his mate was making. “See all better.” He said kissing down Kae’s neck to nuzzle into his body for a bit. After he had calmed down he looked down at Kaerius and smiled making a comment only to make Kae frown at him unintentionally. “I am sorry I won’t say that again I was saying it as a joke I didn’t actually mean he is crazy. Maybe a bit over emotional at times but sometimes that happens. You have yet to actually get to know my brother Illarion guy is a bit emotionless till you get to know him. Once you get past the abrasive asshole you’ll find he is as cuddly as a tiny kitten but until then you’ll have to let him grow on you.” Silas gave Kae a soft kiss on the cheek and lead him out of the bedroom after burning the clothes they had warn into battle with all the demon blood on it. They made their way down the hall and to where Salis was waiting. Once Silas saw his brother half-dressed he cringed, “You don’t have to tell me but Vee is not going to like it you know that right?” Salis nodded and answered, “Better I do it now before I change my mind and all this is for nothing… and yes I realize that my mate won’t like it but he has you two to keep him safe for a while and I think his brother is more important than I am at this moment in time as without him My Vee is broken and I don’t like that so shut it and let me make my own bad choices. Just keep him safe is all I ask.” He was quiet after that and waited till Prism came back out from the shower.

Meanwhile Prism was showering and Illarion was now watching the shade do so stunned at what he said it took him a bit to grab the bloody clothes and leave the room. He took his time and burned the leathers that looked like they had seen better days. He was thoughtful enough to look and see if he kept anything that he would want and set it aside for him cleaning it with magic before he set them ablaze. Once done Illarion sat in the round chair in the corner of the room and waited. The male was taking a while so he started to fall asleep. By the time the shower was turned off he was sleeping peacefully his head tilted to one side and his hands folded in his lap. He was still covered in the blood of the demons so he had put a towel down before he sat on the chair to wait for Prism.

The fire had the same effect as always, striking at his core. Kaerius was more than happy to return the heated kiss as much as he possibly could, barely managing to keep his hands in place where Silas held them. It was almost unfair how easily he was made so hot and bothered, panting with a quiet “fuck” when Silas finally pulled away from the kiss and the flames died down. Kae’s face was vibrant from the flush that covered it and he shivered, taking a deep breath to start trying to calm himself. He leaned against Silas, listening to the dragon apologize and he sighed a little. “It’s fine...” he mumbled lowly, huffing at the mention of Illarion — after the mouthiness back down stairs, Kaerius guessed he was going to have to decide that for himself. He didn’t say a word as he was led back out of the room by Silas, but the exchange between the two dragons left him confused. “Okay, What’s going on?” Maybe he wouldn’t have been so concerned if it wasn’t for the fact that Vee had been brought up.

Once he was clean and his skin scrubbed to the point it turned a faint shade of pink, Prism rinsed the soap off and turned off the water. He heaved a long, content sigh, running his fingers through his sopping wet hair. Peaceful showers: something he was going to cherish having. Prism reached for a towel and made quick work of drying himself, putting on the clean clothes he had picked out. Then draping the towel over his shoulders so his hair didn’t get water everywhere he made his way out of the bathroom, pausing the moment he saw Illarion asleep on the chair. He stood still for a moment in silence, not quite sure what to do. Prism eventually just settled on calling out to the guy — after all the attitude earlier, he figured touching the dragon was a bad idea. “Hey! Don’t you know sleeping in chairs is bad for you?”

Silas glared at his brother but under that you could see the concern in his eyes. He turned to Kaerius to answer his question since he knew his brother wasn’t going to do so. “Love remember when I said my brother can fix yours? I said that it has a high cost and well that is my brother’s life. Thing is to bring back a shade from fading it takes a lot of life energy to clean and purify the soul... Last time he did this he was asleep for … 800 years… I don’t think it will be that long this time because he is restoring a human soul not the goddess… er never mind that part.” His brother shot him a look that said if you speak her name I will kill you where you stand making Silas rephrase what he was saying, “The part that you need to know is if he doesn’t do this your brother would be no more not even his soul would remain because the demons have corrupted it so he is going to piece it back together and that should theoretically make him all better. At least that’s what I gather.” Silas looked back at his brother who was getting angrier by the second. Just the thought of what he did to revive that bitch made him hate himself all the more. All of this was his fault now it was time for him to pay up shut up and fix the mess he made from a seriously bad decision he made eons ago when he was young and clearly stupid.

While they all waited in the hall Ilarion had been sleeping in the chair waiting for Prism to be done. The sound of the male yelling shocked him awake and one second he was in the chair the next he was standing behind Prism. His first instinct was to attack hi but he stopped himself just in time leaving him blinking and looking down at the guy. He smelled super good he thought his eyes wandering over the boy’s body. He leaned closer and whispered into his ear, “Didn’t anyone teach you that starling a person is not nice shade…” he found himself in his half-awake state pulling the male into a hug as he nuzzled into his neck resting his head there. He sighed contentedly leaning on Prism for several minutes before he realized what he was doing. As soon as he did he slowly let the male go and went into the bathroom and stripped using his magic to flash his clothes off of him. He hopped in the shower and took about five minutes to get clean. Once he was he used his powers to dry himself and dress himself as well. He wore a black v neck t shirt and a pair of black jeans with holes in them from wear and tear. He walked out of the bathroom after that and right passed Prism as if nothing had happened before looking back at him with a glare. “Come on shade time to get you back to my insufferable brother and yours. The last thing I want is to spend more of my time waiting it on shade sitting.” He growled and walked down the hall where the others were waiting for them. “Once clean and ready to be shocked to life human shade. Now can I go? Or do I have to “help” some more?” He said crossing his arms. Silas answered before everyone else said something they were all thinking. “No you still have to help and I am putting you in charge of keeping Prism safe that is an order not from me but from the top so don’t think you can wiggle out of it. And stop being a dick he has a name you know why not try using it.” That left Illarion gritting his teeth and glaring at all of them but he said nothing more for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom