Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins and Twins (Luke & Umbra)

Silas mutter a “Thank you love.” Before taking his blade and slicing a demon from navel to throat thus ending its life. One whipped his tail at him and he grabbed it letting it wrap around his forearm. He yanked hard and sent the last demon stumbling towards him. He cut the tail off before plunging the knife into the side of it’s head crating a bloody mess. “I hope you like abstract art because I redecorated your bedroom.” Black blood was all over the walls and floor at this point. Only two were left and Kae seemed to have his next move on the human so Silas went for the crippled demon walking over and pinning the guy to the wall. “All right, tell me who sent you and I might let your sorry ass live.” The demon struggled to get free as Silas flipped his blade pinning its hand to the wall like an instinct trapped with a pin in it. It hissed and glared spitting blood onto him “Sing’s in the light lady of your destruction calls us friend.” It hissed through sharp teeth. Silas lit it on fire and it writhed in pain, “Once more this time a name please.” “Cryilla” It cried before The fire burned hotter. “Funny how heat brings the crazy out in people, guess we'll all feel right at home in hell. Tell her we will see her soon when you get there.” He pulled the demon from the wall and let the flame consume him turning him into ash. Once done he threw the rest of the bodies out into the pile outside. He then stood next to Kae who must have got rid of the last human somehow. “Well Let’s get your things before they come back, demons don’t stay dead for long.” Just then the dragons from his sept walked through with the rest of the bodies and threw them over the balcony into the pile.

Salis was happy to snuggle next to Vee covered by part of the blanket he had stolen half way through the movie. They had almost eaten both tubs of Ice-cream by this time. The cat had fallen sleep between them getting all upset whenever Salis go closer to her new favorite person. It seemed like every few minutes Vee had gave the cat more ice-cream so now she was all protective of him. If Vee got tense she would jump on his lap and purr very loudly and look up at him before settling back into place. “You know I think she likes you waaaay to much. She was never a good sharer.” He laughed before petting the tiny soot ball next to them. She gave a little mew in protest but stayed sleeping as he picked her up to gently put her in her bed. A small sweet “Thank you” was heard from her before she went back to sleep. Salis answered with a soft “Good night.” Before coming back to sit next to Vee with a smile. Now he didn’t have to share again, he thought.

As the fight came to an end and the adrenaline began to slow, Kaerius looked around the room with a look that clearly said 'ew' without him having to say it. "It's a good thing that I hadn't gotten to painting the walls yet..." He mumbled as he eyed one of the black splatters. "Well, I guess we kinda just painted the walls, huh? Ten out of ten wouldn't hire us again. We did a terrible paint job." Shaking his head Kae made his way around the room towards the dresser. He didn't unpack much save for clothes, so the top of the dresser was bare save for a single picture that had been knocked down at some point during the fray. "And it's a good thing I hadn't hung up any posters yet. Something tells me I wouldn't be able to get demon blood off of them." Picking the picture frame up he gently wiped at it with his shirt, making sure no blood had gotten on it and that the glass wasn't broken. Pleased that it wasn't broken Kaerius gently set it back down face-down followed by patting the top of his dresser. "There's clothes in here we gotta grab, and there's a bunch of boxes in the closet too along with my guitar case. Then there's the stuff in Vee's room we'll have to grab."

Vee looked down at the empty bowl in his lap to hide the smile that threatened to show itself as he watched Salis carry the sleepy furball away. It was cute how the cat go so defensive. And he wasn't even surprised the cat could speak -- he'd already decided he wasn't going to let anything else in this house surprise him anymore. "I tend to have that effect on animals sometimes," He admitted, recalling the occasions where he's had somebody else's pets under his thumb. 'Dirty siren', his brother had jokingly called him after he'd effectively lured Kae's dog to his side for cuddles. Pushing the memories to the side he looked back up, finally letting his attention settle on the movie. Veeios didn't have the slightest clue as to what was going on considering he'd been more focused on the cat, but he didn't care about his cluelessness. Though now that the cat wasn't near him anymore he was all the more self-aware of how close he was to the dragon. Vee moved a little stiffly when he went to lay his head on Salis' shoulder so he could cover himself more with the blanket, feeling awkward about it all as he kept his eyes trained on the screen.

Silas wiped the blood off his face and hands before doing the same for his sword. He was talking to the other dragons in an old language derived from Latin. The others left to room most likely headed for Vee’s as Salis walked over to Kae. “I wouldn’t hire me either my brother is the artiest. Art is defiantly lost on me. So anything else besides the clothes and boxes in the closet and don’t worry about how were going to get everything there I have magic for that part.” He pulled out a bag made of some black leather and flipped it open setting it on the floor. He then walked over to the closet and picked up one of the boxes, angling it over the bags opening he dropped it. If you had ever seen a black hole or one of those cartoons where they jumped in a black hole on the wall and they ended up somewhere else that’s what this looked like. The box dropped through disappearing into the darkness. “See magic. The best part is it will go straight to my bedroom closet. Veeios’s thing’s will end up in my brother’s closet so you don’t have to worry. Besides these boxes is there anything else in the house you want to keep? We are going to have to fly back soon.” He was picking up another box and dropping it inside the bag.

Salis felt how stiff Vee was next to him and wasn’t sure if he should do something about it. He knew Vee wasn’t used to any of this type of stuff but honestly he wasn’t either. It had been a long time since he had been with another and even with her he never shared his space. He stayed at her place, never once did she come here. He didn’t even let his brother in here that often. Mostly because Silas hatted the demon cat he owned but also because this space was meant just for him. It was a place he went to relax in so taking Vee in here was new. He wasn’t quite sure how to feel about it but instead of thinking too much on it he went with what his brother always said, ‘ah fuck it.’ and just let whatever happens, happen. He sat there watching the movie for a few more minutes when finally, he decided to try and make Vee more comfortable. He turned slightly to the side and wrapped his arms around Vee pulling him closer. Vee’s head landed on his chest and the blankets were tucked all around them. “If I had left you there your neck would have been sore with how tense you were.” This was nice he thought watching one of his favorite movies while cuddling Vee to him.

'Oh,' Kaerius thought to himself as he watched Silas show of the magic bag, watching him for a good couple of minutes. Damn, magic was super fucking handy. The things that could've been accomplished so much more easily before if he and Vee had magic in their lives. Shaking his head free of that he rummaged through the drawers of his dresser for a moment, surprising himself when he opened one and found his extra lighter and a pack of cigarettes. "Well, I should look through Vee's desk just to make sure everything important from there is grabbed." He said as he reached for the colorful box and lighter, not even thinking twice when he lit a cigarette and placed it between his lips. Grabbing the picture from the dresser Kae then left his room, heading down the hallway where Vee's room was.

Much like with Kaerius' room, there was very little decorating his twin's room. He nodded towards the dragons, saying a quick "You better handle those things with care, a lot is fragile!", even raising his hand to make the 'I'm watching you' motion. But he turned his attention to the desk, tucking the picture under his arm as he exhaled a puff of smoke from the cig. There were various papers scattered on the desk, all placed face-down with multiple blunt-tipped pencils and blending stumps surrounding them. But what caught Kae's attention was a small case meant for glasses that was seated on the top shelf of the desk and he grabbed it, popping it open. "Oh, Vee doesn't have his glasses." He said, gazing down at the pair of glasses before the realization actually hit him. "Oh shit, Vee doesn't-!" He didn't finish before he snorted, laughing. "Oh fuck, Vee doesn't have his glasses! This whole time he must've been looking at Salis in 144p buffering YouTube video quality instead of 1080 HD quality. Ah man, I bet he hasn't even told Salis yet! Fucking stubborn ass..." Kae trailed off, snickering to himself.

For a moment Veeios became more tense from the action, a vibrant red blush lighting up his face just by being that much closer to Salis. But soon enough he wasn't as tense, though the blush firmly stayed put where it was on his face, even stretching towards his ears and even down his neck. "Yeah, probably..." He muttered quietly as he grabbed at the blanket, gently pulling it closer towards face in a small attempt to hide it. Vee's gaze even flickered away from the screen for a couple of seconds, being just that embarrassed from such a little intimate action. Eventually he managed to look back at the movie so that he could at least try to focus on something else and get the obvious blush to go away.

Silas took about ten minutes to Finish up putting the boxes and Kae’s clothes into the bag before picking it up and tucking it away once more. He surveyed the room once more whistling with his hands on his hips, “Don’t think he will miss this place once he sees the rest of the house.” He walked off into the hall stopping to ask which room Kae went to. Pavel laughed patting him on the shoulder and said, “Your Mate is in the room at the end laughing at a set of glasses like a crazy person. You might want to ask him why because it is too funny not to know.” Pavel grinned and headed for the kitchen. Silas laughed a smile spreading across his face. Once he found the room he could see most of the others snorting or snickering to themselves with Kae over in the corner. He walked over to look at what was in Kae’s hand realizing just now the smell of smoke and looking down to see the cig in his mouth. “Oh, well that explains why you taste like fire all the time.” It was said in surprise and the others in the room were now dying of laughter from their boss’s late realizations. Ignoring everyone laughing Silas barrowed the cig from Kae’s mouth for a second to kiss him only to hand it back and ask “Who’s glasses?” with a smile.

Unknown to Salis however, Vee’s was sitting looking at a screen he couldn’t see. Salis had no idea and was just happy to sit there falling to sleep watching the movie. It had stopped and was in the credits when he fell asleep hugging Vee close. His head was leaning on his hand propped up by the sofa pillows. You could hear soft breathing coming from him. The cat had gotten up by this point and was walking toward Vee who was stuck in Salis’s embrace. “Hello thanks’ for the Ice-cream.” She said getting up into Vee’s lap to be petted. “He is asleep you know so now we can talk about stuff if you want.”

Kae couldn't stop his little giggling fit, not even when Silas kissed him. "They're Vee's." He was grinning so wide that it was starting to hurt his cheeks a little. "He got these years ago because turns out he's farsighted and can't see shit when it's up close in his face, cause his eyes just can't really focus on it. Meaning...this whole time, with how attached at the hip Salis has been with my brother, Vee has seen like...no clear detail of Salis' face. At all." The laughter came back full force and Kaerius had to take the cigarette from his mouth so he wouldn't end up choking on the smoke, and set the case back down on the desk so he wouldn't drop it. "And I bet you twenty bucks Vee hasn't even told the guy yet!" He couldn't wait to see the look on both their faces whenever this little secret would come out. "Ah jeez, he probably can't see much aside from the color of Salis' eyes and hair when they're sitting together..." It was just too funny for him not to giggle.

At first Vee didn't notice that Salis had fallen asleep, not until he heard the way the dragon was breathing. He turned his head to look just to double check and he sighed. 'Lucky bastard,' He thought, realizing he wouldn't be able to get up now. He frowned slightly until the cat jumped back on his lap, nearly jumping as he hadn't expected her to return so soon. "Oh, you're welcome." Veeios hummed as he reached his hand out to comply with the unsaid demand for pets. He ran his fingers through her fur, gently scratching her behind her ears. "I...don't know what to talk about." He said after a moment. He struggled in general with conversing when it came to other people. How was a demonic cat any different, aside from the fact that he could pet her?

Silas was now laughing with the rest of the group of dragons and Kae. It was going to be way to fun to share this with his brother. He tried for words barely being able to say them through his increasing laughter. “Can you imagine having sex with a blue eyed fuzzy blob. I bet that’s what he looks like to your brother.” He had to put one hand on the dresser to hold himself up. “It’s like looking at a snowball with blue eyes and black hair…. I can’t even-“ He fell to the floor in a fit of giggles. The others joining him all progress was stopped as everyone laughed for about twenty more minutes. Each dragon putting forth another decryption every few seconds causing them all to laugh more. One said “It like looking at the boss if he was dressed as the stay puff marshmallow man with only eyes and a bit of black hair.” Another commented saying “the hair would look like a tail so maybe he thinks he has a tail in his human form.” That got them all laughing again. Silas stopped to get up off the floor after what seemed like forever. “Okay, okay I think we all agree this will be hilarious when you give those back to him in the morning. Please do it so I can watch.” The others started to move quicker but were still carful with all of Vee’s thing’s even to go as far as to argue what should go in the bag first so it doesn’t break. Silas walked over and straightened it all out before coming back to Kae and Picking him up in a hug. “I have everything you mention and more probably, so you ready to go? I got everything besides the furniture in the house packed and at home.” He grinned holding Kae to him.

The cat got closer rubbing into his hands. “What do you mean you don’t know. You have the gift of words and speech yet you don’t know what to say? That’s kind of funny isn’t. Well how about I just ask you question and you can answer them. First what is your favorite thing to do? Second is what’s your least favorite? I am going with easy thing’s to help you.” She smiled and laid in his lap all purring and happy with him scratching her. Salis wasn’t going to wake up anytime soon he was to comfortable and for once he wasn’t dreaming about his death.

Kaerius' face was hurting so much by the time he and the others were finally able to get their laughter under control. He let out a long exhale to try and calm himself, a few more giggles escaping before they they completely stopped. He let his head rest against Silas, trying to get his breath back so that he could speak without sounding like he'd been holding his breath. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good." As he said that he looked over, eyeing the papers on the desk. "Actually, hold on. Lemme burn those papers really quick." Kae pulled himself from Silas' hold and fished his lighter back out of his pocket, picking the sheets to fold them up so the drawings on them couldn't be seen before tossing them into the metal waste basket that was next to the desk, lighting one of the corners on fire so they could burn. "They're not like...important documents or anything. It's just a therapeutic thing Vee does and he'd like to know I did it for him." Once Kaerius checked that all of them burned he looked back to Silas with a nod, holding the picture he had close to himself. "Okay. Somebody grabbed the prescriptions from the bathroom, right? If so, now we can head back."

Veeios gave a small, wry smile at the cat's initial question. Just because he had the ability to use words didn't mean that he was good at using them. But keeping that comment to himself he hummed, thinking about the following questions as he continued to pet her. He had a lot of favorite things that he liked to do. "Hm...I think...I'd my most favorite would be playing the violin." Though Vee was positive that if he had his violin on him, not only would he be rusty at playing it but it would be all kinds of out of tune as well from the years of not playing it. Thinking about the next question though had his nose instantly scrunching up in disgust. "Modeling. Or going to clubs. Both are equally terrible and have too many people who want to touch me." Veeios answered without missing a beat -- he didn't even have to think about that one. The great thing about not being famous anymore is that he didn't have to keep a public face. There would be no more magazines with his face on them and the relief he felt from it was beyond amazing.

The cat yawned letting you see her teeth and tiny pink tongue before Continuing with her interrogation of Vee. “I like music too Salis plays the piano and cello. He paints too not that he shares them with anyone ever. He hides them in the back room over there.” She nodded to a blue painted door on the far left of the room. “Can’t help you with the modelling thing though Salis models for his brother’s company when he is left in a lurch. You basically got yourself stuck with the most creative dragon in the world.” She tilted her head into his hand more purring. “So now for a harder set of questions. First what are you hiding? And don’t lie I am a demon and I can tell so no cheating and you only have to tell me one big secret not everything. And then the second question would be How come I feel more then one of you in the house? Although right now I can only feel two but still it’s strange. Do you have brothers or sisters?” The cat flipped over to nibble on Vee’s hand gently, giving little licks here and there with her sandpaper tongue.

Silas nodded “Yes I made sure everything was picked up from there.” One of the other dragons nodded to confirm he had in fact done that. “All right then let’s get going before those demons wake the fuck back up. and before you ask the answer is yes they died and yes they can get back up. It takes time but that’s the problem with immortal creatures you’ll find it is hard to keep us down.” He grabbed Kae’s case off the dresser and put it in his pocket before picking up Kae with one arm and walking down the hallway and outside once more. “Feel like going for another flight? Oh right best put that Picture in here before we go in will get a bit more exciting this time around.” He grinned and held out the bag waiting for Kae to drop it in. Once/ if he did Silas jumped down shimmering back into his true form. “Ready?”

The cat was right, those were harder questions. Well, the first one of those two was the harder one, really. Veeios didn't quite know how to go about that one just yet, so he opted for the second one first. "I have a twin brother here. At least, last I knew he was around here somewhere with Silas. There...used to be another one, a younger brother. But he passed a few years ago." It was still a hard pill to swallow, that fact. Then he fell quiet, thinking about how to phrase an answer for the first question. This wasn't the kind of therapy session he was expecting to get anytime soon. Let alone from a cat, whether or not she was a demon didn't change that. "And...I'm hiding a lot of things. Fears. Nightmares. Traumas. Shit from my past. The list is a big one, actually. Is there something specific you want me to elaborate on?" Vee wound up asking, genuinely curious and not trying to 'cheat' as he used the hand that wasn't being licked to rub at her belly.

At first Kae hesitated to put the picture in the bag, but the hint of the flight being more exciting than the earlier one had him carefully dropping it in. He didn't want to end up dropping it when they were in the sky and permanently lose it. That would one hell of a way to ruin the mood. So once that was taken care of Kaerius nodded his head, holding on to Silas. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's head back so I can get that nap that you owe me. And embarrass Vee to no end with his glasses."

The cat purred wrapping her paws around him in a little clawing and nipping fashion. The kind all cats do when you pet their tummy’s, the ha! You fell for my trap kind. She got back up and sat down to look at Vee. “So I am not sure which answer you would want to hear first but I will go with the first thing you answered and state one Silas is not here and so I can guess that your brother went with him somewhere. The second thing I will tell you knowing the first tells me your younger brother never left you two. He must be a shade and bound to another demon. That’s why I asked you. Salis won’t be happy about that last bit when or if you tell him. It means although he can get your brother back it will come at a cost, nothing is ever free. The thing is if he doesn’t your brother will turn into a demon for whatever lord of hell has him. Now for the other question I asked and it’s answer. I would like you to tell me what your fears are I can work with those and at least make the nightmares chill out for you. I am not just any kind of demon you know. I am a dream demon. I eat dreams and nightmares, they are my bread and butter. It’s been a long time since Salis fell asleep in here and I thank you for that. For the longest time he felt he had to punish himself for what he did. At the moment I can tell you for once he is not thinking of that.” The cats tail settled itself around the front of its paws as it looked up at Salis.

Silas waited till Kae was on before jumping into the air. He circled a few times before he shot blue fire from his mouth at the pile of bodies on outside the complex. He flew higher this time. Once he got up to where you could see planes flying in the distance he dove doing spirals and flips. To his delight Kae seemed to like flying last time so now he thought to show him what true flying was like with a dragon. He did this all the way home at one point he skimmed the water with his spine getting Kae all wet and laughing. When they got closer to the house the other dragons joined them. Silas twisted really quickly letting Kae fall into his talons before landing and changing back. “That was fun. Next time I want to play catch with you.” He held Kae in his arm’s like a princess as he walked to his balcony. He looked to see if anyone was about but saw no one so he took the time to run and jump up on the landing before setting Kae down. “You and I will have to shower before we can Nap. Demon blood is not what I want in my bed. Shit never comes out.”

The mentions of Kaerius had Vee on the verge of bolting upright -- what happened to the whole 'can't leave' part he and his brother had been told? But he didn't get the chance to continue down that track when the cat continued to speak and mentioned his brother being a shade. Instantly the pill that was already bitter became so much worse. It felt like somebody had shoved something down his throat to keep him from speaking and breathing, the guilt he already struggled to deal with lighting up and prickling at his skin like needles. It was a crushing blow Veeios never could've prepared for. So not only did his actions cause the death of Prism, but his brother couldn't even rest in peace like he deserved? His right hand came up to grasp at his left arm where the tattoo was, digging his nails into his skin as he glanced over to Salis. Was it really possible? ...there was a horrible, nagging feeling that told him it felt wrong to even ask. Looking back down at the cat he was silent for a good stretch of time before bringing both hands to his face to cover his eyes. "Fuck...well, that's one fear you know about now..." And it was a brand new one. What little sleep he used to get? Veeios was now certain he wouldn't be able to get that now, not with this new knowledge.

Kaerius was having the time of his life as he and Silas soared through the sky. Whenever the dragon wasn't flipping upside down or spinning, he had his arms stretched out to fully feel the wind blow through him. His heart was bumping with the excitement, feeling so alive. He was enjoying every moment, thriving even, and not even getting wet from the water could kill the vibe he was rocking so hard. His joy and laughter clung to him even when they landed, the grin becoming a near permanent fixture on his face as they made it back into the room. "What, and you thought I was just going to hop into the bed all wet?" Kae asked once he was set down and took a step back, motioning towards himself before giving Silas a playful shove. "You might as well have already given me a bath. Thanks for the quick dip, you ass. It felt great. What do you call that move? 'Drive-by bath'?" He asked teasingly, already working on removing his shirt.

She looked up at Vee waiting for him to calm down. When he didn’t she assumed he was going to cry or something so she patted his chest with one tiny reassuring paw. “Hey it’s not all that bad love. He can still be saved better your dragon can bring him back and he can live the life he was meant to. It wasn’t your fault you know. You guys had no idea you were going to be attacked like you were and the ones who attacked you weren’t all humans, so the fact that you survived at all is a blessing. Not just for your brothers but for your dragon too. I haven’t seen him this happy in a long time.” She gave Vee another pat with her paw before telling him the rest. “I have been doing some research and I haven’t told Salis this yet but the one who took his sisters life I think is also the one who took your brothers. I have to check a few more things out but I am very positive I am right on this one. He may have told me about his sister but he wasn’t responsible for her death you know. He had no choice just like me I had to give up my body to the thieving bitch. But I know your kind Veeios and I want you to know Salis is a good guy a bit unusual and horrible with people and social skills, never mind relationship skills but still he tries. So if anyone can understand you pumpkin, it would be him and- Oh your brothers back the other one, the one with Silas… they just got home. Cheer up I can get you some cake if you want or I can go get your meds there here now I think.” She mewed softly at him before sitting on his chest purring hoping cat noises would help a bit.

Silas laughed and added “No it would be a fly-by-showering, I am not a car.” He laughed some more before stripping his clothes off and walking in to the room. He called over his shoulder, “You better strip before you come in here and get everything bloody and wet. It doesn’t come out of the white carpet and I don’t want to higher us to redecorate. I think we both know how that would go.” He walked into the bathroom and stepped into the shower. He focused on washing himself clean as best he could and trying to ignore the urge he had to go out there and fuck Kae senseless one more. He knew Kae would most likely want to sleep. But his inner dragon was calling out to him in his excitement telling him to go claim his Mate. He shook his wet hair and thought about something else not related to Kae if he could help it. Which he couldn’t before long Kae would be in the shower with him.

While her words offered some comfort, it didn't fully put him at ease. The dam was cracking and Veeios pressed his palms further against his eyes, trying to keep himself from fully collapsing. 'Dammit.' The word repeated in his mind like a loop. 'Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.' He took in a breath, shaking and biting his lip to prevent the sounds of his emotional collapse from being heard. He was trying to get himself to focus on the sound of her purring. To get himself to block out everything else around him to he could focus and calm himself. But it felt like the walls of the room were closing in on him and his minor case claustrophobia was becoming not-so-minor, and it was making everything so much worse. He needed his crutch and he needed it now, before he ended up waking up Salis because of an emotional breakdown. "Yes please." Vee finally managed to say, wincing at how rough his voice sounded and the way it cracked. "To both of those."

Kaerius laughed at Silas' input followed by the idea of having to redecorate the room. "Oh Lord no, we'd do a terrible job!" He cackled -- he could already imagine the god-awful, horrifically bad job they'd do. The carpet-replacement would be shoddy, and most likely the color they'd pick would class against the rest of the room's color theme. He wouldn't be able to live down that kind of embarrassment. Shaking his head with a grin he quickly stripped the rest of the way before making his way inside to the bathroom. "The worst part of the fun is always the clean-up that follows," Kae hummed as he stepped into the shower next to Silas. "But at least I didn't have to stay to clean up after the crime scene."

She kept purring but now was wrapped around Vee’s neck like a warm vibrating scarf. She pawed his hand purring loudly in his ears. “I will go grab what I can in a few second but let me stay here for a few minutes till you can breathe and calm down. Focus on my voice and breathe slowly. Nothing is moving and your safe. You can get up at any time, say or do whatever you need to. You’re in control of your own mind and you can think whatever you want to. Your mind is not in control of you in this moment. Take a deep breath and concentrate on it filling your lungs... hold… it for a moment and now let it go. Think about your favorite things like you playing violin. I bet even though you haven’t played in a while you would make it sound lovely. Or you can think about what kind of cake you want since I know Salis made like four kinds after he found out you like sweets as much as he does. Once your calmer I will go bring you some cake and the other thing you probably won’t need because your amazing.” You could hear her melodic voice through the loud purring as she rubbed him cheek her soft fur rubbing on Vee’s skin.

Silas looked up when Kae got into the shower, his immature mind telling him if he didn’t look he could resist better. -Like that would fucking work.- He was trying to ignore it, even though he couldn’t see Kae he still knew he was there. He could hear Kae’s voice, feel him step in beside him and the water splash off onto him. He could feel the heat of his skin as if he was touching it, the sound of each step he made. This lasted for about ten minutes, listening to Kae wash off and now it came time to get out of the shower but his mind was full of all the things he was trying to ignore. For the love of Abandon! He thought shaking his head to try and clear his mind. He made the mistake on reflex to look down and glare at Kae. It lasted all of two seconds before he pinned Kae to the shower wall.

It was more than just a struggle for Veeios to try and do as the cat said -- think about the sound of his violin, breathe in and out, think about cake... The very beat of his heart was beginning to hurt as it hammered in his chest, making it more difficult as he tried to take in a full breath. His ears even started to feel hot and like they were bleeding even though they weren't. It was agonizing how long it felt to him, like hours had passed instead of minutes as he sat in his spot suffering from his inner turmoil. He could barely even swallow, feeling as if there was a lump in his throat. Finally, after what felt like sitting in Limbo itself, Vee finally managed to take a breath. He choked a little as he did so, coughing but managing to at least calm himself enough until it no longer felt like the world itself was trying to swallow him whole. He was still shaking and the urge to cry clung to himself, but he had enough control in himself to remove one hand from his face to gently pat the cat while keeping his eyes closed. He didn't want to think about how bloodshot they'd look. "Fuck..." Veeios' voice sounded more like a wheeze and it made his ears hurt for a moment. "I...I think...I got it..."

Kae hummed softly to himself as he washed himself off, enjoying the spray of the warm water after being soaked by the demon's blood and water from earlier. He sighed once he was finished, ready to get out, dry off and go burrito himself in the blankets on the bed. But before he could do that he found himself getting pinned against the wall of the shower, gasping and nearly jumping out of his skin before letting out a curse at the suddenness of it. Kaerius looked up at Silas, eyebrows raised. "Really? Another round?" Damn, his libido was really getting put to the test. At this rate he was starting to think sex might just replace some of the basic exercise he did just to keep himself limber and in shape. "Well, y'know what they say: 'the more you fuck, the better for your health'." Kae didn't think anybody actually said that, but oh well.

She licked his hand and wiggled down from her spot to go get his meds and cake. Walking out of the room she went to the closet finding a pile of Vee’s things. She took about five or so minutes to find the right box but it was taped shut. It simply said bathroom Vee’s stuff on it but someone had wrapped everything in bubble type and duck taped it shut. She would have to get someone to help her. Someone Vee would be okay with and Salis was out because she had put him to a deep sleep so she could talk to Vee and he could actually sleep for once. Nothing was going to wake him up for at least another few hours. Not even her scratching him in the face was going to walk him. She sat there for a second and thought of who she could ask. Oh Vee’s brother right that could work at least he would be able to open up the boxes. She Jumped down from the overly wrapped box and went to the bedroom door. It was shut but she walked through it peeking down the hallway to make sure no one saw her. Boy that would be hard to explain later when everyone thought her just a normal cat. Only Salis knew she wasn’t one not even Silas knew but Vee needed his meds so she was going to have to let one cat out of the bag. She made her way to where Silas’s room was and walked through the wall into his bedroom. He wasn’t on the bed and she could hear the water running. Must be in the shower she thought walking into the bathroom. She rolled her eyes at what she saw and knew very well what was going on but that didn’t stop her from walking right up to Kae and pawing his foot keeping herself from getting to wet. She mewed twice to get his attention and then looked up at him. Silas looked down and let go of Kae to his complete surprise his brothers cat was at their feet. In that same instance he spoke, “The fuck?” Before shaking his head as if disbelieving what he saw. Once the cat didn’t disappear he glared down at it turning off the water. “What is my brothers cat doing in here?” She pawed at Kae’s foot once more then backed up signaling for him to fallow her. Silas look dumbfounded at the cat before looking back at Kae simply saying, “She wants you to fallow her for some reason. Can you think of anything that could happen to your brother that would upset my brothers cat enough to come get you? Wait what am I saying how could a cat know to come get you?” She turned around and clawed Silas’s toe glaring at him before looking back at Kae hopefully he was smarter then Silas she thought or I will have to speak and that would just suck. She walked to the bathroom door to lead Kae to Vee. All she heard was Silas swearing behind her starting with fucking cat and getting more colorful from there. She waited at the door till Kae would fallow her to Vee.

Kae had been more focused on Silas than anything else and so he jumped when something small and soft suddenly tapped his foot. He quickly looked down, needing to know whether or not he needed to freak out. But when he saw a cat instead of a potential eight-legged monster of death he relaxed with a soft 'oh'. But he blinked and looked between Silas and the feline when the dragon mentioned something might be wrong with Vee. Right off the bat he could already think of a lot of things that could've happened to his brother. And the majority was bad. "Fuck, I gotta go check." Kae said before weaseling his way away from Silas so that he could grab a towel, drying himself as fast as he could followed by heading to the closet so that he could grab a pair of pants. No matter what state his brother could be in, Vee would undoubtedly complain he he showed up either wet or naked. "Oh shit, my stuff really is here." He said when he was greeted by his pile of things. Immediately he shook his head to get himself back on track, quickly dressing his lower half before making his way back out and heading for the door where the cat was waiting. "Alright, lead the way to where Vee is." Was all he could say. Should he really question having to follow a cat through the house. 'Probably not,' Kaerius told himself. After all, he did just ride on a dragon through the sky. He didn't think he should really be questioning anything that's in this house. Besides, even a normal cat would probably know the layout of this better better than he would.

At least his brother is smarter then Silas she thought walking through the closed bedroom door. She waited at the end of the hall till Kae opened the door and fallowed her there. She made her way through the house if there was a door or wall in the way she walked through it making sure Kae was fallowing behind her. Thankfully Silas stayed in his room for the moment. It wouldn’t take him long to catch up but it would give them enough time to see if Vee was okay. She had only been gone for about ten minutes now but he wasn’t looking very good when she left. She went up the stairs to Salis’s door and walked through it unlocking it form on the inside and swinging it open. She waited once more for Kae to walk inside and fallow her to where Vee was. She showed him the way to get into the room where Vee was still bundle up in Salis’s sleeping arms. She walked in and jumped in his lap patting his chest with her paw reassuringly. “I brought your brother to help sweetie. Someone put bubble wrap over the boxes and duck taped them so I couldn’t get in so I needed to ask for help. I thought your brother would be that best option for you.” She spoke softly tilting her head to look up at Vee to see if he was doing any better.

Veeios jumped at the presence of the cat and finally opened his eyes, wincing as the light hit his now overly sensitive eyes. While he was breathing much better now and was no longer on the brink of hyperventilating, he was still shaking like a leaf. He looked over to see his twin and he flinched, sucking in a breath as the feeling of guilt struck him again. 'He doesn't know about Prism yet,' Vee couldn't help but think as he thought back to the conversation between him and the cat and he had to look away. He ducked his head down and ran a hand through his hair, his free hand moving to shakily pet the cat. Kae needed to know about Prism, but he just couldn't trust his words yet. He was thankful that his brother was here, but he was also dreading it at the same time. 'How can I tell him?'

Seeing the state Vee was in might as well have been like a sucker punch for Kaerius, an aching feeling swelling up in his chest at the sight of his brother's puffy and bloodshot eyes. 'Fuck,' He cursed inwardly before making his way towards his twin, gently prying the sleeping Salis' arms from Vee as knew just a little bit of space would help him calm the rest of the way down. He didn't even bother with asking questions about the cat. "Just take some more deep breaths, I'll be back in a jiffy," Kae murmured softly as he gently patted Vee's back before making his way out of the room, heading for the closet as he remembered Silas saying that's where Vee's belongings should've ended up. Quickly he found the box, frowning at how it was indeed bubble-wrapped. "I said the stuff in Vee's closet was fragile, not what was in the bathroom..." Kaerius grumbled lowly to himself as he knelt down, tearing off the bubble wrap and duct tape so he could sift through the numerous pill bottles that were there to find the ones that Vee needed the most.

Salis was completely asleep when Silas came in the room looking to see what was going on. His brothers cat glared at him. That wasn’t new but the fact that his brother hadn’t woken up immediately was. ‘Holy fuck!’ he thought surprise washing over his face. Not even the voice of Kae in the other room rummaging through pill bottles got his attention from the shock of seeing his brother finally sleeping. Something he hadn’t done in like a few years. Last he checked Salis needed high douses of sleeping drugs to sleep for only a few hours and if anything or anyone moved even a little he would wake up. He looked over at Vee and the cat who were moving and talking, well the cat was but still Salis was asleep. Wait? he thought the cat was talking? He sat down confusion on his face as he had to process all that for a moment. All he could think to say was “Huh…”

While Salis was having a different type of episode She continued to talk to Veeios. Calmly putting her paw on his hand so he could pet her she asked. “Do you want me to tell him love or will you be able to? You can just ignore the stupid one sitting on the floor over there his mind is kind of going around and around realizing some stuff. He will be there for a bit and isn’t even listening to any of us.” She purred pressing her tiny head into his hands.

Veeios turned his head just enough to peer at Silas through his peripheral, giving a shaky laugh at the cat's blatant insult. Now that he wasn't being held, he was starting to feel a bit better. Though he was still far from being fully okay. Sighing he ducked his head down again, nodding. "Yes please," He rasped, trying to get himself to focus on the feeling of the cat's soft fur under his fingers as he pet her. "I...can't. Not now." Vee just couldn't do it.

With a huff Kae finally found the ones that were more important and made his way back to where everyone else was. Crouching on the floor so Vee could still have his space he set three bottles of pills on the table: one to help completely calm Vee, one filled with sleeping pills, and the third for keeping nausea at bay just in case things took a small turn for the worst. He watched as his brother practically ripped the cap from the first bottle, feeling like he was watching a man dying of thirst reaching for a bottle of water. He winced when Vee then swallowed the pill dry -- that was always an uncomfortable feeling -- and waited a moment before setting a hand on his brother's knee. "Hey," Kaerius started softly. "Better?" It took a minute or two, but Veeios finally gave a slow nod and Kae sighed in relief. 'Alright, so that was one breakdown averted.' He thought.

She nodded at Vee and then looked over to kae who’s hand now rested on Vee’s knee. “Your brother has asked me to tell you what has upset him at the moment. I t won’t be an easy thing for you to here kitten.” She pawed his hand lightly before sitting down and purring loudly so Vee could hear her. It seemed to help so she continued to do it while she spoke to Kae. “Kaerius right? Nice to meet you. What I told your brother is this. I am a demon and I have been looking into thing for Salis’s sake and my own. What I have found out today was your younger brother that died lives on as a shade in the demon realm. He gets away long enough to come here and speaks to me sometimes. What your brother thinks is his fault truly isn’t. Veeios did not kill your younger brother nor could you have stopped the demon who did. There’s a way to save your brother from his fate. We will have to ask Salis to do it because as we speak Prism’s soul is changing into a demons and not the good kind. He has been chained most likely to the demon lord who killed Salis and Silas’s sister and who stole my body. I believe that is what has your brother so upset at the current moment.” She let it sink in for a few minutes unsure how this Twin would take the news.

Silas got to his feet and looked at the cat with a glare, “My brothers cat is the first lord of the nine hell's.” It was said as both a fact and a question. She looked up to Silas then and answered him also so glaring, “Yes and I have a name Dragon, it’s Asmodeus. Not cat or fur ball or some of the other more colorful things you have called me.”

Oh. Kaerius now understood why Vee had been so close to having such a breakdown. Just hearing that news made his inner anxiety nearly bubble to the surface too. A ball of ice settled right in the pit of his stomach and he felt cold all the way to the tips of his fingers and toes. Shit, he might just have to go dig out his anti-anxiety medication too once he was back in Silas' room. Trying to work past the lump that was forming in his throat Kae tightened his grip slightly on his brother's knee, looking up at him even though Vee was trying to avoid his gaze. "Vee," He whispered softly. "We already talked about that. It wasn't your fault."

"I know." Was the only answer Veeios could give. Slowly he could feel the medication kicking in and he brought his hands back up to cover his face, letting his head tilt back to rest against the couch. "I know." He repeated. Yet it just hadn't been enough to keep him from pinning the blame on himself.

Looking away for a moment Kae took a breath, trying to steady his own emotions now. Fuck, he wanted a cigarette -- but he left the pack and lighter in his other pants, didn't? Damn it. Shaking his head he looked back at the cat -- err, Asmodeus, as he now knew. "Is it really possible?" Kaerius asked before tilting his head towards the sleeping Salis. "Can he really do that? Save Prism?"

Silas answered for her “Yes he can…” It was something he was willing to ask on Kae’s behalf up to this point when now he fully understood what bringing someone back has cost his brother. The words for a price laid heavily on his conscious now. He didn’t speak for a few moments. “My brother is only half of one soul I am the other half. We each were blessed by the first dragon but my brother was blessed by the first dragons Mate as well. Salis has something of a gift and a curse. He can see shades and ghosts which is why he can never sleep or leave anyone alone if they are in pain. … Yes he can save your brother. I was going to ask him to do just that till now. I don’t think it is something I should be asking. Even if I did he wouldn’t do it for me but he would possibly do it for you Veeios. You’re his heart now and he would only do it if you asked him to. The price will be a high one this time around.” He knelt down to where his brother was sleeping and picked him up to put him in the next room, giving the two some time to talk. Asmodeus looked up from her spot on Vee’s lap and closed her eye laying down pretending she was just a normal cat so they could talk.

Back
Top Bottom