Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins and Twins (Luke & Umbra)

Veeios tensed slightly when the young male approached. He wasn’t a man of words at the current moment in time like he could be on a good day, so he didn’t say anything at first. Not even an awkward ‘hi’. But when Drake spoke he relaxed a bit and looked over the boy — or Volos, as he assumed was what the male had said, Vee nearly straining to hear the name from how quiet his voice was. A pang of sympathy struck his heart and he glanced down at the pup in his arm. Dakota was whining, squirming around a bit as she tried to get ahold of one of his fingers to chew on it. Vee tutted at her before looking back at Volos.

It didn’t require much thought on Vee’s part before he was shifting Dakota around in his hands, holding her out at a better angle so that Volos could pet her. “Here,” he started, doing an excellent job at ignoring the way the other dragons all stared at him. “Dakota’s a bit of a biter still but yes, you can pet her.”

He couldn’t see it from where he stood, but there was a smile on Cherry’s face as she watched the two of them through her second sight. She could’ve giggled at the way his brotherly/fatherly instincts seemed to take hold just by glancing at Volos. Instead she decided to respond to Drake, since none of the others seemed to want to do it. “Thank you for having us,” she spoke, as polite and sweet as anyone could be as she bowed her head slightly. “He has been...I suppose ‘better’ is a way to put it.” Cherry wouldn’t exactly go so far as to call Silas hospitable, given the aggression before the “little talk” and the soured mood that came after it. But despite all of his brooding, he did seem to prefer keeping his silence and having his distance from them, which meant he was at least behaving she supposed.

Volos nodded slowly his eyes never leaving Vee's as he hesitantly stuck out a hand to pet the puppy. Dokota whined and he snapped his eye down to her as she squirmed in Vee's hands. He wasn't sure what to do so his hand moved back earning him another whine from the pup looking at him. Once more he reached outwards to pet her finally setting his hand on her head. She was soft and now chewing on his thumb and pointer finger. Silas noticed how his brother was acting towards Vee and decided now was a good time to show and tell him of his surprise. It may even help Volos too he thought excitedly. Using his mind link he informed Drake and asked him to toss Vee the keys. Drake agreed and turned his attention to Cherry first. "You are always welcome lady Cherry and Desiree. Oh that reminds me Veeious this is for you you may want to venture over to the barn with that bundle you have the other things in there are waiting for you... Volos will you show him where that is and come get the keys." Volos flinched making his hand jerk and cutting himself on Dakota's needle like teeth. He looked back at Drake with a fearful glance but ignored the bleeding and retracted his hand long enough to go grab the keys. Once he quickly snatched the Keys out of Drakes open hand he jumped over the railing and walked to the left side of the house before waiting for Vee to fallow if he was going to fallow.

Drake shook his head closing his hand and returning it to his side before Dawn their little sister came running out fallowed by her nanny hot on her heels and yelling for her to get back to her lessons. She flew right out the front door into Kaerious sending them both falling down the steps. " No I want to see Silas and the humans too! Ommmmmphhhhh!.......Ahhhhh!!!!" She cried as they fell. Stepping out behind her was a tall lady with fiery red hair and stunning green eyes. She had long nails and glasses on. Her hair was pulled back but was a bit unkept and she was wearing a green blouse with black suit pants and matching green pumps. As she stepped out she glared at the girl only to change her expression into a shocked growl of worry. Silas stood and watched know that Kaeriuos would be fine after seeing his moves when they went to get the boy's things, so he made no move and just watched as his sister got to second base with his mate in the first ten seconds of meeting him. He thought that was funny and smirked.

Of all things that’s ever been said to get Vee’s attention, saying that something was in a barn waiting for him hadn’t been on that list until know now. It wasn’t something that made him concerned about anything, given how long he’d been staying in the house he knew he didn’t have to analyze anything like that. But it was still an odd statement to hear. A look of confusion washes over him as he turns to look at Drake, his attention on the older dragon. He almost spoke, nearly asking “what?” He wasn’t given the chance though Volos jerked his hand back just a little too quickly and hurt himself. Though he wasn’t given a chance to address that either when the younger dragon snatched up the keys and was making his way around the house without so much as a nod. Veeios glances down at noisy little bundle in his arms before sighing softly. “Alright...” He says, scratching Dakota behind her ears before following behind Volos. As he went, since they were no longer in public places, Vee also set Dakota on the ground, making sure to keep ahold of her leash.

Kaerius tilted his head slightly as he watched his twin before glancing over at Silas curiously. He could admit that he wasn’t the best at reading in between the lines. But seeing the way his mate looked between Drake and the two that had wandered off now, and the way Silas seemed to be more excited than he had been earlier. Kae furrowed his brows a bit, feeling tempted to ask Silas what all of that was about — he wasn’t completely up to speed about the surprise the dragon had concocted for Vee. Then he decided not to, figuring the dragon would explain it soon enough when they were inside the house.

Kaerius just hadn’t been counting been counting on the excited little bundle that came rushing out of the house just to crash into him. He let out a wheeze, having not expected the sudden collision. A curse slips out of him and all it takes is a second for him to wrap an arm around the young girl, skillfully twisting his body around and using his free arm to stabilize himself, effectively catching himself before they both could tumble down the stairs in an ungrateful heap. It was just at the price of landing on his ass when the force threw off his balance at the last second. “Christ...” Kaerius mumbled to himself before he looked down at the girl. “Hey, hasn’t anybody ever told you to look where you’re going? That could’ve been more than just before a bad trip.” A lesson he himself took to heart after running into his fair share of walls, among other things.

Volos walked as though something was always behind him, as if it was nipping at his heels which made him scamper quickly. Vee followed him that much he could tell by the sounds of the Adults footsteps and the padded paws of a yipping Dakota. He slowed once he got to the barn on the far end of the estates main building. The Building was built out of thick wood boards, heavy metal beams and cement. There was a new building off to the side with a tall black fence around it and a set of toys and stuff a dog would like. Volos waited till Veeious got up to him before opening the gate and then the door. He made sure that vee shut the gate first before the door was opened because as soon as he did so he was surrounded by ten tiny puppies of all kinds. He grinned and picked one up, nuzzling his nose to it and in turn received a tiny lick and bork from the small floof. He then looked at Vee and said handing the puppy to him “for…..you…..sur…..prise….” It came out a raspy whisper but he made sure to mouth the words the best he could so Vee could understand. Once he could move he went in to get a note left from Silas for Vee and handed it to him. It read, “I am writing to apologize for the way everything happened the other day. I admit it was a terrible mistake. I was wrong to not tell you or stop him. I realize that my actions cannot be justified, and I am sincerely sorry from the bottom of my heart. If I could turn back time, I would go back to that day and do things differently. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. Anyways I put this together for you because I want to see you happy once more. I know sometimes we see differently but I am willing to be there for you if you let me and Salis would want this… I know I can feel him. Sorry for all that has happened and enjoy your new pack Alpha dog. P.S. please keep them away from me and no I didn’t tell kae yet...opps...” While Vee read the letter Volos played with all of the dogs smiling and running around. He remained quiet the whole rest of the time but on his face was a small smile.

While Volos was taking Vee to Silas’s surprise Drake was talking to the Ladies when bursting out of the house came a tiny girl crashing into Kaerious. He managed to catch her and not incur to much damage thankfully to his surprised and now chuckling mate who stood at the top of the stairs with everyone else. The small girl looked no more then Five because well she was five basically in dragon years anyways. She had long black hair and bright mauve eyes that were now looking down at Kaerious wondering who he was. She had a puzzled look on her face till it hit her and she clapped and hugged him like she had won a prize. “Your Uncle Kae or Vee aren’t you!” She exclaimed gleefully and kissed him on the cheek, her small hands grabbing at his face softly. “No they haven’t told me no such thing and what’s a Christ? Is it a food or animal? Maybe it is one of the names of the puppies brother Silas bought for you guys. I saw them they were soooooo cute oh I am sorry Hi my name is Dawn. Nice to meet you Uncle Er um Kae? I am sorry if I guessed wrong I was told you guys look alike, like Silas and Salis brothers… Anyways Silas bought a bunch of puppies even though he hates animals. It was a big surprise and Brother Vee had been playing with them all morning since they got here but I had piano lessons so I couldn’t play any more but when you got here I had to come say hi cuz that is just good manners you know.” She said and gasped for air afterwards from talking so much and so fast. She had been so excited to meet and see him, a pair of small wing’s popped out on her back with scales of a ruby hue along with a small set of curved spiral horns that wrapped around her slightly pointed eyes.

Of all things for Veeios to have expected when walking up to the barn, he could sincerely admit he wasn't expecting it to be a horde of puppies. Although in hindsight he supposed he could've figured it out if he had paid more attention to the question Silas had asked. But there was just simply no time at all to dwell on that thought. Not with the urge he was hit with to drop to his knees and grab as many of the little pups as he could possibly hold so he could coo at each and every one of them. "Oh hello there-!" He reaches down with his free hand to try and pet one of the puppies -- there were so many and they were all moving so fast that it was a bit difficult to differentiate the breeds, but nonetheless, he still he reached out, managing to lightly scratch at the top of one of the heads that pawed at his legs. Then his focus shifts to Dakota, who was whining and wriggling in his hold in an attempt to get free so she could join the horde of puppies. "Alright, give me a second..." Vee sets her down and struggles for just a moment in getting both the leash and harness off of the wriggling mass of fur. Once he accomplishes that he lets her go, and briefly watches her before his attention is returned to Volos.

He blinks, faintly confused about the letter that was held out towards him. Curiously he reaches out to grab it and begins to read it without a second thought. Steadily Veeios' expression hardens a bit as he eyes move from word to word, hands nearly clenching and crumbling the paper. He has to take a deep breath before he neatly folds the note, carefully tucking the parchment into his pocket. He...didn't know how he felt about the whole thing. Not really, anyway, and that's something he just wasn't ready to admit. Not to anyone, and certainly to himself. So he sighs, running his hands through his hair before ultimately focusing back on the puppies circling himself and Volos. Vee crouches down low, making the move to sit down before reaching out to the first pup that tried to crawl into his lap. Gently he picks it up, bringing it close enough to smell the puppy breath that's never bothered him in all his years. "Oh, you're an excitable one, aren't you?" They all were. He really will end up exhausting himself trying to pay attention to all of them. But it was an exhaustion -- and a distraction -- that he didn't mind. "There's so many on you, how on earth are we going to name all of you?" By 'we' he meant himself and Volos.

Kaerius is thrown for a loop the moment Dawn hugs him and starts to open her mouth to speak. He's barely able to keep up with everything she's saying, feeling borderline frazzled as he struggles to listen. Puppies? Piano lessons? Thinking Christ is a food or animal? It really isn't that much. It's the fact that she speaks so fast, with no breath in between until she reaches the end of spiel. In the end Kae is left blinking at her for a moment, trying to process it all as she holds his face. Damn. Is this how Vee feels anytime he goes on a long tangent, having troubles to keep up with all of the animated talking an motioning? If he didn't know any better, he'd honestly believe the kid had been given some kind of shot of caffeine. What he wouldn't give to have that kind of energy again. He guessed he was just lucky that with all the dragon stuff he'd seen recently, he wasn't surprised when the young girl's appearance changed the small ways it had.

After a moment or so he shakes his head, moving to try and take a stand so he wasn't sitting in the dirt anymore. "It's Kaerius. Vee is with uh...was it Volos? At the moment. You'll meet him a bit later." Or so he guessed anyway. Considering they'd been in the house for so long already and neither he nor Vee had actually known there were still so many people left to meet. Not that he was really complaining, anyway. He was good with keeping track of people. Just not when he was swarmed by a lot at once. Brushing himself off of the dirt and grass he glances between Drake, the new woman and Silas. "So uh...you guys hiding anyone else from me and Vee? Or do I just need to be on guard all times now to avoid another surprise trip down the stairs?" It was joke, but also slightly a little bit of a serious question. He somewhat hoped there wasn't anyone else -- er, anyone small to be more specific. He didn't have anything against children. But he didn't think he could handle many more surprise children, especially if they were all so excitable as Dawn. There wasn't any training in the world that could prepare him for something like that.

Volos held back and watched Veeios with the puppies climbing all over him. He didn’t mind this one he thought but still he didn’t feel ready to get too close. One of the puppies came up to him with a soft little whine making him look down and pick her up. It was Dakota and now she was chewing on his shirt. He laughed but no sound came out just air in a wheeze, he hadn’t used his voice since the accident so it was understandable. He had to pull the puppy back so she didn’t ruin his shirt and so he placed her back down on the ground to go play with the others. He laid back on the grass but was immediately attacked by what felt like thousands of tiny tongues, all licking him wherever they could. He made the mistake of trying to tell them no with words that again never came out but their little tongues managed to get in, licking the inside of his mouth and making him struggle all the more to get up. They were like a swarm of furry bee’s or something with their climbing all over him. “Ngh…. ahhh…. mmnnn…. grrrr…” Some noises came from his throat now but they were quiet and made his throat sore and burn. Eventually he was able to sit back up thinking he wasn’t going to do that again anytime again… note to self don’t lay down when you can be attacked by a horde of dogs. He shook his head, his hair sticking up and his clothes a bit chewed on. The pack of puppies whined and he looked back down making them all paw at him for attention or to play. He didn’t know which to play with first so panicked and trying to please them all frantically petting some and talking to others while his hands tossed things for the rest.

After a while of playing with the dogs It was clear they were tired and so was Volos who was now leaning and having a hard time standing upright. He stood just outside the gate now waiting for Vee to lock up so he could show him who to get back the quick way and where the back door was. Once Veeios was ready Volos showed him the way walking around to a gravel path that stopped at a garden. Volos walked slowly tieredly stumbling forward through the garden mostly on autopilot before he ran into a sliding glass door. He lifted his head rubbing it with one hand and glaring at the insulting object before opening it and walking inside. He looked back once and once he saw Vee walk inside to the living room Volos nodded and plopped down on the couch trying to stay awake while they waited for everyone else to show up.

Meanwhile Dawn had knocked Kearious down and had been talking quiet fast to him asking all the questions in her head. She stopped after she was done asking everything in one group of questions in her head but as Kae answered her while he got up she smiled. “Oh Vee is with Vee well, that's silly.” She said giggling and covering her mouth with one tiny hand. Dawn hugged onto him as he went back up the stairs as if he was a prize she had one for something. She wasn’t going to let go anytime soon it seemed. Drake answered Kae’s question and said, “There are many others you will meet in this house Kaerious so my answer is yes but you shouldn’t have to guard yourself from having to fall down the front steps as Dawn and Vee are the only children that live here and you have met them. Well collide with one and scare the other but it counts.” he said, making Silas shake his head and roll his eyes before coming down to retrieve Kae from Dawn. Dawn however wasn’t going to give Kae up yet and glared at her brother making him back off with a pout as he wanted his mate back but it didn’t look like he was going to get him anytime soon. He sighed and walked up the stairs with everyone as they all went inside and snacks were served with drinks.

While everyone was getting settled Dawn had been asking Kaerious all the questions on her mind so had been non stop talking for the last five minutes or so. Silas was left with a puzzled face from thinking about all the things she had asked and how to help Kae answer them. She had asked so many it was hard to keep track of them all. It was clear that even he was having a hard time keeping up but once the drinks arrived and He had the option of sicking a cookie in her mouth he did, stopping the wave of questions momentarily. Dawn took the cookie and sat on Kaerious leaning back and eating it slowly. Eventually Drake had told the girl’s about the part of the house they would get to stay in and some more details on what was going on and why it was happening. Details even Silas didn’t completely know. After about ten minutes the cookie was gone and Dawn was napping on Kae’s lap holding part of the cookie and snoring softly. “Thank god I don’t know how much more of her questions I could answer.” Silas said quietly, shaking his head. By then Volos and Vee had come into Join everyone and Volos had been sleeping on the sofa but when everyone came in jumped up and left. Drake had explained he wasn’t good with people yet and a lot will make him go up to hide somewhere around the estate. Drake looked at the ladies just as Illarion popped in. This time he was in a lab coat and had glasses and a set of papers in his hand. “Yes brother what is it that you need?” He asked Drake who had summoned him. Funny thing was Illarion hadn’t noticed but his other hand that had been free was now wrapped around Prism and had pulled the male into him to rest very closely. Drake didn’t say a thing and only answered his question, “I want you to send a message to Azul. I need you to get me something that Azul would know where is and sense your at work I am assuming you will go visit them today sometime.” Illarion groaned and nodded “Yes I can do that but you’ll have to do the deal making Azul doesn’t come cheap even if he is my friend. And Lock and Kei won’t be in today so I will have to go tomorrow night to the lounge to see them. Alright I am going back to work now.” He satiated before flashing himself back but not letting go of prism so he went with him. They landed in a laboratory full of equipment. It was then he noticed Prism in his arms and was now looking at him like when and how did you get there. He stared for a complete minute. “How? When? I….???” He tried to say.

Not much was said from Veeios during that time aside from the occasional coo that was directed at the few puppies that he had in his arms. He didn't mind the way they squirmed in his hold, licking and nipping at his fingers with their sharp little teeth. And he certainly didn't mind their puppy breath when they went for his face once they'd decided they'd had enough with his fingers. And all the while he say there, he silently pondered over various names for the little noisy fat rolls that were the puppies. While he had a few settled, there still plenty of pups that needed names. Mostly because he didn't reach over to snatch up any of the ones crawling over Volos. Vee did feel a bit bad when he didn't break up the literal dog-pile, but at the same he didn't want to end up making the dragon more frantic than he already was. The guy was obviously skittish, and so Vee wasn't about to push any boundaries right now.

When it was finally time to make their way out, Vee was both relieved and disappointed. Relieved because, as much as he hated to admit it, he was starting to drag down due to his lack of self-care, including all of the previous socialization that had gotten to him; and disappointed because he couldn't take any of them with him. Well, yet, anyway. He wasn't willing to take any of them inside to spend the night with him when the majority weren't potty-trained. The barn was just going to have to do for now. 'Eventually...' Veeios thought to himself as he gave the horde of puppies a last glance, attempting to pat their heads once more before he turned to shut the door and gate and followed Volos back to the house. Not counting the noise that had been made by the amount of puppies the two had previously been playing with, he had gotten used to the silence that had surrounded him and Volos. He'd been all too content to sit and relax for the few minutes they had. Though it was much more short lived than he had hoped for when everyone else finally joined them in the living room. Though the sudden broken silence startled him a bit, it didn't get to him the way it had to poor Volos -- though, Veeios knew he wouldn't be against retreating to the calm of his own room. However he stayed put where he sat on the couch, nodding his head slightly towards everyone who came in.

While it was nice to know there wasn't a plethora of kids waiting for him, Kaerius wasn't quite yet sure how he felt knowing there still was many more people he had yet to meet. It was just a habit to prefer knowing at least everyone's names -- even if he couldn't keep up with them all -- if he was living around most of them. It was the remnants of wanting to be in the know. Though, within a short handful of minutes, Kae quickly decided he could live with being in the dark if it meant he could get the nonstop chatterbox that was practically attached to his hip off of him. It had started off funny with the pout from Silas when Dawn wouldn't let go. Now, though? Kaerius was over it. Mainly with just the endless stream of questioning that he couldn't keep up with. It was making his brain hurt. He couldn't pay attention to Drake's explanation about the house with Cherry and Desiree even if he wanted to -- not that he did, but still -- with the way Dawn went on and on in his ear. He wouldn't call himself bad with kids, not at all. But he definitely wasn't a kid person like his twin was. So he was more than grateful when Silas had to chance to make her be quiet with the use of a helpful cookie. Quietly he released a sigh, thinking to himself 'finally...'.

As everyone then moved into the living room Kae was a bit surprised to find Veeios and Volos back so soon. He still didn't really know what Silas' surprise had been. But it must've been pretty good for his brother, and Volos though Kaerius didn't get that much of a good look at him, to look so worn out. He waited long enough for Cherry to take her seat first before following suit, soon sighing out loud this time as the young girl hogging up his lap drifted off to sleep. "Yeah, it must've been so hard for you..." he muttered a little sarcastically in response to Silas' comment about her questions, rolling his eyes albeit in a more playful manner than his tone had been. Past that, he didn't get to say much else once Illarion popped into the room, falling into silence like all the others had for Drake's and Illation's interaction. At least, he stayed quiet until Illarion disappeared with Prism -- who'd been minding his own business and had been all to content to stay off to the side on his own -- in tow. "Well, okay, bye then..."

At this point, Prism was no longer surprised by the subconscious clinginess Illarion seemed to have whenever they were in the room together. He'd been able to ignore the closeness -- it helped the dragon wasn't wet this time around -- for the most part as he stared down at the drink in his hand. Until he blinked and all of a sudden he wasn't in the living room with everyone else. He looked around, borderline in a stupor as confusion washed over him. Then once Illarion finally acknowledged him the confusion was replaced by a look that showed he wasn't amused. "What do you mean how? You snatched my ass up the moment you popped in, held on to me, and now "poof" here we are." With a soft sigh Prism took a sip from his drink, uttering a soft "aw" of disappointment when he realized he ran out. "How else would I have gotten here if one of the others didn't send me here, genius?"

Illarion was honestly shocked for a good thirty second before The fury redhead in front of him started to scold him in a way no one ever had and got away with it. It shocked him even more that one second the young male was angry the next he seemed sad in some way or maybe it was tired he thought to himself tilting his head to one side. Putting down his clipboard he walked up to him, his hands in front of him so he could make sure he didn’t randomly grab at him, mostly for his own sake then the others. “My question was rhetorical. Now let's get you back before you cause me anymore problems. It’s not permitted for you to be here in the lab anyways and it is dangerous. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt.” He said, pursing his lips and setting one hand on Prism’s shoulder before flashing them back to Prism's room. “There, now stay here till I get back home would you. Since I am forced to keep an eye on you and keep you safe here, take this. It will call me if you need me. Don’t use it unless you're in trouble, understand?” Illarion handed him a soft smooth green and black scale about the size of a silver dollar coin.It was cold to the touch and heated up to a warmth higher than the body as Prism touched it. It gave a calming effect to Illarion that he pushed aside wondering if it would do the same for Prism. Before he left he pulled Prism in for a hug and kissed his cheek softly then took two steps back and flashed out of the room only to realize what he had just done a few hours later. “Shit.”

For the next few days things seemed to settle into place. Volos was almost always found in the dog kennel playing with the pups. Illarion had mostly Avoided Prism unless he went to check on him during the morning and evening houses when Prism was sleeping. If he was called by him he would come help without talking then leave keeping his hands to himself the best he could. He would have to ask Azul to help with the bond he could feel forming the more he spent time with Prism. Luckily it was Friday and he would see him tonight when he went to talk to Lock and Kei.

As for Silas he spent most of his time keeping an eye on Vee or with Kae showing him around the training grounds. Every morning he would go check on Salis and talk to him even though he was still frozen solid. He knew he could hear him and just couldn’t answer so he set up a way for him to listen to music if he wasn’t there. He changed it throughout the day flashing in when he could. He would need to ask Vee if he wanted to visit but he would wait till the guy was less pissed and hurt then he was right now so instead he sighed and waited. The days passed this way till it had been a week. Tonight. He would take Kae out to dinner and ask him about it along with introducing his mate to some friends. Meanwhile Drake had been working and watching everyone from his office. It was going to take some work to put his brother's mess in order and he had missed several days of his other work so now he was behind which meant staying up and working till everything was done accordingly. He sat in his chair and started to go through the papers there first.

Prism was silent as he watched Illarion step closer, a small part of him expecting the dragon to snatch him up or just get handsy with him again in general. He watched the male closely, a brow quirking up slightly at how carefully Illarion moved. Well, at least he seemed to be more aware of himself right now. Prism was just a little disappointed that he wasn’t able to get out another snarky remark before the both of them were now back in his room back at the house. With a blink he briefly glanced around – man, he was glad he didn’t get whiplash from all the sudden teleporting around. His attention returned to Illarion and whatever the redhead was initially going to say was whisked away when he was presented with the scale, curiosity taking the place of his previous annoyance. Quietly he took the scale in his free hand, looking it over as it went from cold to more than warm, emanating heat like a little heater of sorts. There’s a strange calming effect to it, Prism notices after a moment, but the dragon’s words bring him back and he almost huffs. “Thanks-” I guess? Is what he goes to say, but gets cut off when Illarion surprises him with both a hug and a kiss. Once again he’s stupefied, staring where Illarion had just been not even two seconds ago, until eventually his mind jumpstarts back into reality once more and he’s grumbling, deciding maybe it is time to just go to bed.

The following days pass by with a hit or miss, depending on who was asked at least. For Veeios, trying to get himself back into anything remotely resembling a healthy routine was far easier said than done. It was exhausting, to say the least. Between socializing -- that, as loathe as he was to admit it, felt borderline awkwardly forced more often than not -- and trying to handle the pack of pups (and the tagalong dragon) proved to leave him drained before the day was close to an end. That wasn’t mentioning the fact that trying to get his body to accept routine meals again was a challenge in of itself. “Just a few more steps…” He’d silently tell himself, staring up at the ceiling while absentmindedly petting Asmodeus, attempting to try and keep himself at least a little bit motivated. And for the most part, it did seem to work to some degree; as did spending time with Cherry once again, despite his earlier reservation with being around others. The feminine redhead always knew what to say. A constant he could always rely on no matter the circumstance of whirlwind problems that seemed to follow him since the beginning of his time.

Prism, as was becoming the norm for him, was just confused. He was able to ignore it for the most part and focus on the other events of the days ahead of him. Between his new belongings, the puppies he occasionally visited with Vee – and generally left early, for both his brother’s comfort and Volos’, the exploration of the seemingly never ending estate they were all now housed in, and general shenanigans he was able to pull when he spent time with Kaerius, there was very little time spared for distractions. Very little time he allowed for his thoughts and feelings to run rampant without his permission. At least until he found himself with nothing to do except for stare at the scale Illarion gave him. At first it would calm him, leave him settled to relax for a bit. And then his thoughts would turn to the dragon in question and it would leave him confused, even frustrated to the point he grumbled and had to wander off in search of something constructive to do to try and get his mind off of it.

Kaerius, on one hand, had it the easiest of them all. He was close to “having it all” again, feeling like he was drifting back to his teen years again: the point in his life where things were simple and made sense. He had both his brothers once again and two of his closest friends, the only real difference being the addition of a relationship that wasn’t just about sex. On the other hand, there was the stress that had made itself a common acquaintance these past years. There was always stress and worry wherever his twin was concerned, the knowledge that Veeios was an unbalanced mess disguised as a stoic wall always pressing at the forefront of his mind. If it wasn’t for Silas, Kae knew he might’ve ending up biting his nails off and pulling out all of his hair. The presence of his lover and mate was a welcome change that kept him grounding. Even if it did make some guilt swirl up in his chest – he could only imagine what Vee was drowning in. With a sigh Kae runs a hand through his hair as he lies on the bed, stuck between deciding if he should continue lying in bed and keep playing on his phone, or get up and take a shower so he could rummage around for a snack.

Back
Top Bottom