Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two Tribes (butterfly0408/Life on Mars)

Seeing Thulile on the ground, tied up like some animal, Amara ran to her side and knelt beside her and reaching to her wrists, intending to untie them, "THIS is how you keep your prisoners?! This is a difference between our people as well! We do not treat our prisoners so poorly! Especially women that did nothing wrong!"

"My princess?" Thulile whimpered as she started to stir. Opening her eyes, looking up and seeing her princess, Thulile came to life, "Amara! My princess! OH! Oh this is horrible! please my lady! PLEASE help me!!"

Amara looked to Takoto, "You can't let his happen to her! She will die at this rate!"

Takoto could have laughed at her proclamation. "Yes, you merely execute every one of my people you capture." Not wanting to break into another argument like before he kneeled down beside them, looking over the bound woman.

"There is nothing you or I can do," Takoto told her. "Letting her go free would go against my father's command, and thus go against my village! You cannot ask me to do such a thing." Still, this was somewhat harsh. The woman would die if kept tied like this. It also looked like she hadn't bee fed yet. Pushing Amara aside he undid the bindings of her hands, giving her some freedom of movement. "Even if she were to escape the guards would see her. In broad daylight she would be impossible to miss."

He stood back up and let out a sigh. "I will go about seeing she is better cared for. Have some more food and water brought to her daily. Perhaps she will be lucky and one of the other warriors will with to take her as a concubine."

"NO!" Thulile screamed as she threw her arms around Amara and started to cry. "Don't let them touch me again! Don't let them use me again! I can't- I can't do it again! PLEASE!!!" she was crying like a baby and Amara ended up holding her like a mother would her child. And she started to cry as well, "Get out Takoto. You make matters worse."

Takoto was about to say something but it dies on his lips. Frowning he left the women to weep, closing the door behind him as he steeped outside.

Cursing under his breath Takoto looked back to the door, able to here some of the wailing from the women- their prisoners. There was NOTHING wrong with what they had done. They had taken these women from their enemy, their enemy who has pushed them back further and further into the jungle slowly killing them off over generations! It was their right to take advantage of them, to make them suffer as they suffered!

Takoto had enjoyed himself last night, taking Amara like that. Her cries had only egged him on, as they should for a conqueror! But...he'd never had to deal with the aftermath like this. Both of them in their, crying over their fate that his people...

In rage Takoto slammed his fist into a tree, feeling angry but not knowing why. Walking a distance away from the hut he squatted down, his mind filled with the events of the past few hours.

Amara was in the hut with Thuilie for a while until finally she emerged at last. Spotting Takoto she walked over to him looking down, "She had not been feed since the capture. She has been used so many times and not cleaned. The blood is still on her from the first time. I need water and food for her." She did not ask... she commanded really. "I don't care how you get it, but get it now."

At the moment it was clear she had come from royalty, and Takoto didn't even bother to argue with her demands. Any excuses he could think of for his people sounded foolish even to him. He did glare at her once before turning to hunt down what she needed, looking her right in the eye and saying "Do NOTHING foolish. I will not be able to prevent anything that they would do to you if..." he didn't think any more needed to be said.

Turning away from her he headed for one of the storehouses, picking up some of the vegetables that had been picked in the last few days. It took some time but Takoto was soon on his way back, vegetables in hand and a new pitcher of water with a rag to clean with.

Hearing him return, Amara re-emerged from the tent to meet him. She took the things he offered from him, "She's petrified. Seeing you will only throw her into a panic again. I just calmed her enough to eat this food and bath without throwing herself into some fit. I will tend to her. The least you can do give her a little time to herself. Tell your warriors to come back later if they want their fix. Perhaps by then I can talk her into being a little more open to her lot here in your tribe." She turned to re-enter the hut. "You can return for me in a few hours, just check with me before you come in. She's been traumatized enough, don't you think?" She didn't bother waiting to get a reply but disappeared back into the hut.

Takoto was not exactly pleased with her demands, but didn't follow her. He had things to take care of, hunts to participate in. If it kept her busy and not in anyone's way, so be it. "My people keep close eyes on the gate and surrounding areas," he called to her before leaving, a firm warning to not try anything stupid. She showed intelligence but her stunt with the flowers yesterday proved she was one for rash decisions.

Leaving them to her devices he left to meet with the other warriors of the tribe to hunt, getting several impressed comments related to the noise level that morning. He did nothing to hide it, encouraging their comments with remarks that she was quite the willing little vixen but of course leaving out the dagger to his throat that same morning.

Of course, with the talk of his own sexual exploits it was hard to convince the unmarried young men to not sate their lusts on Thuilie. He was not one of their best leaders for nothing though and was able to convince them to hold off until tonight telling them she would be more willing and docile once she had been cleaned and fed. Grudgingly, the others agreed

For the next several hours he and his men traveled though the jungle, hunting down animals to bring back to their tribe. It was hard, patient work but they made a good haul; returning with a wild boar as well as a personal catch for takoto: a panther he planned on skinning for his bedding with nice, soft pelt. The hunters returned a little before sundown, laughing and joking over that days hunt.

As Amara heard the warriors arriving, she knew she had to buy her friend a little more time. She was sitting outside the entrance when Takoto and his warriors walked by, looking like she was standing guard. "She's a bit more inclined to accommodate your warriors, only I must insist you give her a few more hours at least to sleep. She did not sleep at all last night and when she did she tells me she was only awaken again by nightmares." She eyed the warriors that stood with Takoto and shook her head slightly. "Even after she was fed and washed I had to sit with her for three more hours before she finally went to sleep. If I have to sit here and stop your warriors from disrupting her rest, you know I will."

((I don't want her to be caught yet. Give her a head start of sorts. Let her be caught in a day or two. Or let her be discovered missing and hunted specifically. Amara has a total plan here. Hehe.))

The warriors grumbled to themselves, several of them pushing forward with the intent of getting mast Amara. "She is ours!" One of them growled at her. "It is ours right to take her whenever we wished." He walked right up to Amara, staring down the smaller woman without fear of her threats. "Or perhaps you'd like to take her place?"

Enough," Tokoto broke in, placing a firm hand on the mans shoulder. "You can settle yourself later tonight. Or are you so bad at pleasing your own wife that she's not letting you touch her?"

The others laughed at the joke, defusing a tense situation. The troublemaker backed down, leaving with the others as they went to carve up their warthog.

"I will be back for you," Takoto told her before joining them.

She nodded to him. And let him depart with his tribesman.

When he returned a few hours later, he found her laying on the ground next to the entrance to the hut. At first one might think she had been knocked out, but looking more closely and she was merely asleep. Apparently for sometime judging by how deeply she was out.

When he returned he had been worried one of the others had gotten rough with her, but much to his relief he saw she was only asleep. Sighing to himself he bent down and shook her slightly to wake her up. "The sun is starting to set," he told her. "I doubt you want to stay out here in the darkness."

Looking up he tried to peak through the cracks of the hut. Failing at that he started to open it, slowly opening the door.

She quickly sat up as if being shocked right out of her sleep, knocking against him as he attempted to open the door. It slowly shut itself again. "What?! Hmm?!" She looked around with sleepy eyes, finally noticing him and sighing, "Oh, it's just you." She yawned and rubbed her one eye a bit, "Did I fall asleep? Mmm, what time is it?"

He had to jump back a bit at her sudden jolt, the dagger still fresh in his mind. "Yes, it looks as though you've been out for some time." He looked around, seeing no one else nearby at the moment. "The sun has just begun to set, so we should get back before the others come for your handmaiden."

Holding out a hand to help lift her up he looked towards the door. "I assume the others left you alone if you had time to nap like this."

She had a frown upon her face, she reached up and took his hand he offered, using it to pull her up onto her own feet. "I can't even recall falling asleep. It feels like one moment I was sitting there and the next you were waking me up."

She looked to the door herself and sighed, "I better wake her up. Better I wake her than one of your warriors. I just want to make sure she's going to be alright." Amara turned to the hut door and pushed it open slowly, popping her head inside tentatively. Then suddenly, she gasped and threw the door open the rest of the way, "Thuilie?!" She ran inside the empty hut and started to look around. "Thuilie!? THUILIE?!" Amara was pale and panic in her voice and her eyes when she finally turned to Takoto. Then her eyes narrowed to rage and she turned on him, "What did you do with her!? Which one of your warriors took her while I slept?! Tell me you pig!"

Takoto eyes widened in realization of what she was talking about, pushing her aside and searching the room himself. Sure enough, the woman was gone. "I don't understand," he said, his mind trying to make sense of it. "Why would someone take her, they all would have had rights with her tonight."

Going back up to Amara he grabbed her by the arm, trying to calm her down. "We will find her. One of the men probably got impatient. Do you remember anything?"

Amara was shaking slightly, in shock, "I... we... we ate the food together and I helped to wash her. We spoke for awhile and I got her to agree to give things a chance. I told her she needed to sleep and sat with her. She started crying in her sleep so I woke her again and she told me she was afraid they would come for her again so I promised her I would stand guard for her outside the hut." She was starting to tear up a little bit, "I made sure she was asleep again and went outside. I say you and then I sat down. I was leaning against the door and-" She paused and had a look of realization on her face, turning and doing outside the hut, "I was sitting here..." she pointed to the right side of the door, "But when you just woke me... I was here." She pointed to the left side of the door. And sure enough, marks were on the ground that looked like someone being drug across the dirt. As is she had fallen asleep with her body partly in front of the door... but had been pulled aside to clear the doorway.

Takoto swore out loud, looking over the marks on the ground. Sure enough it looked like she was speaking the truth. "We'll have to take this up with my father," he told her, taking her hand and leading her away. "She was the property of the whole village, and for one man to take her is a crime against the crime."

How could one of the other men do this? Their warriors were supposed to be well-trained and have more patience than this! Taking Amara with him he took her to the village center he went up the steps to Talnuk's hut. "Father! Father, something has happened!"

Talnuk meet them at the door, glaring at them, "What? Have you tired of the whore already? Come to bed forgiveness and turn her over to the tribe?" It was wishful thinking on Talnuk's part. He heard how the whore and screamed in Takoto's hut and wanted to try her for himself.

By now the tribe was starting to peak out of their homes and trees. Takoto shook his head, a little embarrassed by his fathers words. "No, it concerns the handmaiden. It looks as though someone has taken her from her prison. I left Amara to clean her for the men, but it looks as though someone took the woman while she fell asleep at the post."

Tokoto made sure to play that last part up a bit. His father could definitely understand a woman's weakness, though that probably wouldn't save his own skin from his fathers judgment.

Talnuk looked over his son and then Amara, then back to his son, "You realize you accuse your kinsmen of doing a wrong against the entire tribe Takoto... are you sure you want to do that... for a her and her whore?" He tilted his head to Amara.

"I..." Takoto froze for a moment. This was a huge risk he was about to take. One wrong move could mean he could humiliate himself and his father, not to mention his honor. "I...only believe that if someone did take her they should step forward. She is the property of the entire tribe, and should not be stolen away."

He turned towards some of his fellow warriors, smirking. "Believe me, I know all to well how luscious the woman of Otta's tribe can be. I'd hate for you to be denied the woman rightfully given to you all." That got a laugh from his fellows. Hopefully that would keep them on his side and prevent this from getting out of hand.

Talnuk was skeptical, but sighed and spoke in a louder voice for all to hear, "Well then... let the village be searched for the woman. If she is found, the consequences will be dire for he who took her. And if she is not located..." he looked to Amara, "The consequences will be dire for you."

Amara's jaw dropped, "You think I had something to do with this?!"

"If she is not within the village, then she had fled and since it seems you were the last one to see her-"

"This is ridiculous!"

Talnuk's face filled with a rage as he came forth and slapped Amara across the face so hard it knocked her right off her feet, "I am the leader of this tribe whore! Dare to speak up to me again like that and not even my son's claim to your body will save you!"

He looked up with the same rage still in his eyes, "What are you all looking at! GET LOOKING!" The tribe sprung into activity.

Takoto moved quickly to Amara's side, helping her up while avoiding his fathers gaze. "I'll take her to my hut and keep her out of the way, then join the others in the hunt."

Almost dragging her with him Takoto took her back to the hut, the other villagers rushing from home to home in search of the woman. Pulling her close to him he looked her strait in the eye. "Have you anything to do with this?" he hissed at her. He didn't think of it until now, but all he really had to trust her on was her word and some marks in the sand. "If you are hiding something from me tell me now. I won't be able to save you from my fathers punishment if you don't."

So close to him, with his gaze in her eyes like this, she knew he'd see he lies. She had no choice but to tell him the truth. "I did what I had to do for my friend. She asked me to kill her Takoto. I couldn't do it so I did the only other thing I could think of. I bought her the time she needed. I don't know where she went. I don't even know what direction she went in. All I know is she has hours of a head start on you all. I had no other choice. What would you have done?"

She knew she was going to suffer for this, but she stood by what she had done.

Back
Top Bottom