Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

"Hey!" Masamune jogged up in one of his nicer coats, his messy hair pulled back into a rather short ponytail. He looked rather handsome, "So I pulled some strings and you're gonna have dinner with me in the Palace."

Megohime blinked in shock, cheeks dusted pink, as she looked at him. “I-In the Palace of Kings?” She echoed, a little shocked, not expecting to eat in the palace itself.

Megohime nodded, red faced as she moved to follow Masamune, more embarrassed than ever. She had to meet the Jarl of Windhelm now?

He walked with her to the Palace and let her in first before walking inside. The table was already set and everyone was coming in to eat. "Come on, we're near the front."

Megohime’s heart was pounding in her chest as she followed him up toward the front of the long table where Ieaysu and his housecarls sat. She was nervous, so nervous in fact that she shuffled closer to Masamune and actually held onto the sleeve of his coat.

Her cheeks flushed and she pulled her hand away. “Something was on your coat.” She muttered, looking away.

“J-Just some snow, you’re fine now.” She said, mentally scolding herself for getting worked up and holding onto him.

"It's fine, just the one glass. And if you don't like it, I'll get you something else!" He said. Who was this boy? Surely not the one who had been trying this whole time to win her hand.

Megohime nodded, still blushing even as she went to her seat, feeling her heart pound in her chest and her hands sweaty.

When Ieyasu entered, everyone either bowed or curtsied out of respect. He merely grinned.
"Please, sit! Let us enjoy our time together here."

Megohime was sat beside Masamune, but away from Ieyasu, watching everyone mill about as they gathered their food before returning to their seat.

“I-I’m fine..!” She whispered back, looking away from picking at her potatoes. “I’m just listening is all..!”

He smiled and gently took her hand, "I'm sorry if this is too much. I figured I would prepare you for what Riften would be like once we got married..." He told her softly, "I'll take you somewhere quieter next time. In fact, I'll let you pick."

Her entire face lit up when he took her hand, but she didn’t pull away, only nodding. “O-Oh... Ok.” Was all that managed to tumble out of her mouth.

“I could just take you to the pig farmer and have him feed you along with his pigs.” She muttered, still holding his hand and blushing.

The dinner went relatively smooth, Megohime and Masamune mostly keeping to themselves but still enjoying the company of the others.

Back
Top Bottom