Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime’s gaze immediately shot to Masamune, face red again. “You’re telling everyone that ridiculous boast?”

Megohime sputtered again, turning her head away from Masamune. “Jarl Ieyasu, don’t listen to anything he’s saying..!”

“He’s only being proud! Why would he ask my hand in marriage when he’s only just met me?” She protested.

"There's just something about you, I just..." Ieyasu glanced at Masamune as the Dragonborn looked upon Megohime with an admiration and love he hadn't really seen before.

The two could almost see steam coming from her ears she was blushing so hard. She didn’t have any words left, only looking down at her lap. “I still think it’s just a cruel joke.” She muttered.

Ieyasu slunk away as Masamune tightened his grip on her hand, "I wouldn't joke about something like this..."

Sasuke continued to try and help his mother remember how to speak and how to move. She had been dead for so long, he didn't expect her to immediately remember anything.

Last edited:
Moving around had proved a simple task, only needing time for the rigidity of the corpse to fade away, and in no time she was able to function as normal. She could walk and jog, and even grasp things, but her speech was coming along a bit slower. She could say his name- Sildriel, and a few other simple words, but sentences took her time to form.

“Sildriel... I-I...” She looked frustrated, not able to say what she wanted, the words just not coming out. “Different....” It didn’t seem like the word she wanted, shaking her head with a soft frown.

She let out a soft breath, but nodded, still looking a little disappointed with herself. “Yes.”

She gave his hand a squeeze, smiling back at him and giving a small nod. “Happy.... to... be.. back...”

His heart skipped and he could cry right there. She was getting it. Slower than a snail but it was sparking. "I have some contracts to take care of but I'll be back in a bit. Let me know if you need anything, ok?"

She nodded. “Fine.... for.... now.” She said, offering him a small smile. She didn’t quite understand what he meant by contracts, but was happy to be alive again, even if it was in a different body.

He nodded and kissed her forehead before leaving the room.
"How's your corpse mother?" Arnbjorn asked snidely as Sasuke passed. The teen shot a glare at him as he kept walking.
"A far better conversationalist, to say the least." He remarked.

She rarely left the room, even with Sasuke with her, she was a bit skittish and afraid of the others, not like they minded not having her around though. It felt strange, being inside a corpse that wasn’t her own; she knew she had died from the moment she woke again, but it did take a while for all of her memories to return to her. She would listen to what she could hear from Sasuke’s bedroom though, listening with her ear pressed to the door while he was away, but rarely heard much of anything.

She was far too scared to open the door, even though Sasuke left it unlocked and had never told her she couldn’t go out, she simply preferred not to go.

Sasuke always brought her fresh food and water and clean clothes when he returned, always happy to be near her. He seemed way different with her around than he did when he left. He always became so stoic and emotionless when he left her.

She would always seem so happy to receive the things he brought her, embracing him and smiling brightly. While he was away she practiced her speaking, and gradually improved.
It had been storming for the last few days, but the Brotherhood inside the cave hardly noticed at all, life continuing as usual.

"You aren't too cold, are you?" Sasuke was drenched from the rain only because his cloak was not prepared for the heavy downpour. He traded out his wet armor for warmer clothes and had them hanging to dry by the fire as he kept bundled with his mother. "I can get you another blanket.."

She shook her head, keeping the blanket wrapped tightly around herself. “No... I’m fine, th-...ank you..” She was staring at the fire, a soft frown on her face. “Sildriel...?”

Back
Top Bottom