Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

She stopped blowing on her food, her grip on the wooden bowl tightening. “Dogs.” She said quietly, the same fear clear in her eyes. “That I died.”

She was silent, shoulders shaking for a moment, before slowly settling. “I remember... my name... my enslavement... death.” She said slowly. “Then waking up. That’s all.”

She shook her head and took a small sip of her stew. “It doesn’t really matter now.” She said quietly. “It was a pathetic existence anyway.”

He made a face. "Well...since you have no where else to go, you can stay here if you want. Otherwise Falkreath is just down the road."

She looked over her shoulder at him, tears in her eyes. “Thank you.” She said softly, her face still reminiscent of his mothers. “I’ll work hard, I’ll do anything so I can pay you back..”

He looked away, he couldn't really bear to look at her just yet. "No problem. You can run supplies for us. Make sure all our food is stocked."

She nodded. “I will..!” She said, not noticing him look away from her. “Thank you..!”

"No problem.." He muttered. Babette came over with a small cup and held it out to her.
"Here, this will keep you from getting sick."

“Thank you.” She muttered with a nod and took the cup, drinking the bitter potion slowly, glancing around every so often to keep an eye out for anyone else, especially Arnbjorn.

"There's only a few of us," Sasuke said, "Me, Babette, Nazir - a Redguard, Veezara - an Argonian, Gabriella - a Dunmer, Festus - a grouchy old man, Astrid who runs things and her husband Arnbjorn."

She nodded, sipping her stew every now and again. “Do I have to speak... with them...?” She remembered the old man who reminded her of the hounds that had killed her; him she would avoid.

"Don't mention it..." He muttered before starting for the entrance, "I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back later."
"Take care...!" Babette called before looking to Amaya, "Do you like spiders?"

She blinked and looked at the young girl. “They’re fine... I suppose..?” She said, brows furrowed.

She took her arm and tugged her along gently, leading her to the back of the Sanctuary where the alchemy room was. In a good sized spider nest in the back of the room scuttled a small dog sized frostbite spider.
"Her name is Lis." Babette said.

She seemed a little creeped out, only watching the spider, then looking to Babette. “Why is it here?” She asked.

“Oh.” She looked back to the spider, making a face. “Is it... friendly..?” She looked back to Babette again.

"Very. Watch." Babette moved closer to the nest and Lis turned toward her, her fangs wiggling and a soft clicking sounding from her, "Come here, Lis." Babette offered her hand and the spider moved closer, pressing into the child's palm and almost purring.

Amaya made a face and took a small shuffle back. “I’ll pet her... later... maybe.” She said softly.

Her eyes widened a bit and she shook her head. “I-I couldn’t do that..!” She whispered, looking scared at just the thought.

Back
Top Bottom