Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
Sasuke sat silently in a cave as he worked meticulously to get the ritual circle right. In the middle of the circle laid the body of a Bosmer woman, only a little older than he was. He had made a deal with Sithis; if he gave Sithis a soul, he would return Sasuke's mother to him. The young halfling couldn't be happier, so glad that the Dread Father would be so kind to him - a lowly little half Wood Elf half Nord.

Masamune and Kojurou moved through Windhelm to speak with Ieyasu, the newest Jarl of the Hold. Or at least he would be. Masamune didn't like the cold however, much prefering the warm temperature of Riften.

The body was fresh, still warm, but cooling. She resembled his mother a bit, but not much; it had been hard to find a Bosmer that looked like his mother, and time was ticking.

It was snowing heavily like it almost always did, but that didn’t stop the city from being rather busy, people milling about no matter the weather. The city always seemed so washed out, the grey of the stone walls and the white of the snow almost painfully boring; then a flash of brilliant black. It was as dark as raven wings, it was hair. A girl, about his own age made her way through the snow. She was dressed in a fine heavy coat, and her hair was kept neatly down her back, and then she was gone behind a corner.

"Ok, Sithis. I'm ready." Sasuke called. It was quiet. Way too quiet. Then suddenly a black and blue mist surrounded the woman and Sasuke grew overly excited.

"Whoa." Masamune stopped and made a detour, following the girl quickly.
"W- matte, Masamune-sama!" Kojurou called.

The body was completely hidden, and even with the mist in the room, the only noise Sasuke could hear was his own heart beat. The mass of mist swirled and moved, growing taller before him and then moving out toward him, the sound of a breath being taken sounding before him. The mist slowly dissipated, revealing an outstretched hand, then the corpses entire body. She was sitting up now, reaching out for Sasuke with shaky movements, letting out a soft groan. Tears slipped down her ashen cheeks as she stared at him, cupping his cheek with a cold hand; had he really done it? Had he brought his mother back?

The girl was heading down the alley way toward the market, paying no attention to the boy who followed her.

She opened her mouth, but not much came out. “Ah..-” She collapsed forward, crumpling into his lap, it was no surprise she wasn’t steady, he had just put a soul into a corpse it didn’t start out in. It would take some time for her to adjust, but that didn’t matter, he had his mother back; even if her heart didn’t beat, and her flesh was cold, she was back.

She stopped and turned to face him, a scowl on her face. She was beautiful; fair skin, red lips and scarlet eyes, all of which was twisted into a scowl at the sight of the boy in front of her. “I hope that you don’t mean me.” She said, crossing her arms over her chest. “And if you do, you’ll need far better manners than that to continue to talk to me.”

He held her tight, practically shaking, "It's ok, take your time. There's no need to rush."

Masamune skid to a stop and blinked before grinning, "Sorry, sorry." He bowed extravagantly to her, "May I be granted the honor to speak with you now~?"
"Masamune!" The boy choked when Kojurou grabbed his cloak and tugged him back, "Do not just run off like that in such a large city!"
"Argh! Kojurou!" Masamune hissed.

He felt the corpse move, she had wrapped her arms around him, holding him as he held her; she wasn’t completely brainless. She choked out soft noises that almost sounded like crying, showing she was sentient of who he was as well.

When Masamune looked back, the girl was already making her way off, rounding the corner and leaving the two alone. She had to be shy, how could she not have been in the presence of the Jarl of Riften?

"It's so good to have you back..." He muttered, "I'm so sorry I left you behind..."

"Wha! Hey!" He called and shoved away from Kojurou before chasing after her.

“Sil...” A quiet rasp came from the woman’s parched throat, so quiet it was barely audible, even so, she was doing her best to say his name.

This time the girl had disappeared, not a single glimpse of her to be seen in the crowd.

He held her tighter, trying to keep a hold of himself. "It's ok, I'm here.."

"Huh? Where did she...?"
"Masamune!" Kojurou jerked him back again, scowling heavily, "I told you not to run off!"

((We can come back in a bit~))

Megohime leaned against the wall not to far from Masamune and Kojurou, watching without being seen. She had cast invisibility, allowing herself to go undetected even as he stood mere paces away.

Megohime watched until the two were around the corner and out of sight before disarming her magic, making a soft noise before heading off again.

The meeting was rather uneventful; Masamune would rather be out looking for that girl.
"Hey, Ieyasu," he began, cutting off the young jarl, "you know of any Akaviri lookin' girls? Red eyes, kinda snobby?"
"Oh, Megohime-dono??" Ieyasu asked, "Yes, her family has lived her for a long time. Why?"
"Where does she live?"

Megohime had returned home for the day, the snow falling particularly hard outside, but still, that markets continued on, which meant her parents business would as well. She sat upstairs, busy writing in her journal.

Megohime made a face, but set down her quill and moved downstairs to answer the door, unlatching the lock and peeking out.

It was the boy again - Masamune or something. He grinned when she opened the door.
"Not very polite for you to scold me for being rude only to be rude yourself."

Megohime stared at him blankly for a moment, then immediately closed the door in his face. She couldn’t believe he had found her house, and after finding where she lived, proceeded to harass her at her home.

“No, I’m ok really.” She said back through the door, frowning. “I don’t mind if you leave, you seem busy anyway.”

Megohime’s face flushed and she kept the door closed. “Yeah right, you aren’t even remotely serious..!” She scoffed.

Back
Top Bottom