Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Distant Horizons (1×1 w/ Jikkah)

He could almost hear Megohime’s entire face go bright red, sputtering behind the door something unintelligible. The door swung open wide and she stood there looking a mixture of pissed and completely flustered. “You’re so full of shit!”

Megohime stared at him before moving aside and looking away. “Don’t expect me to get you anything..” She muttered.

“Milk.” She muttered bitterly, flowing the door after he entered. “Why are you here anyway?”

Her ears burned hot and she stiffened up a bit. He was joking, there was no way he wasn’t joking. “And if I tell you to get lost?”

Her mouth dropped open slightly, then quickly turned into a frown. “You’re lying.” She said bluntly. “There’s no way you’re the Dragonborn.”

"Yol." He exhaled the word gently and fire followed, his expression over confident and smug, "If that doesn't make me husband material, I don't know what does."

Her eyes widened and she started at him in shock. It looked like it was some kind of magic, but it wasn’t- it couldn’t be. “Maybe being a decent person:” her awe was short lived. Was that all he had to offer? A little fire? She wasn’t impressed.

"I could do more but I don't wanna destroy your house." He said, "Get me something warm to drink and I'll take you out and show you. Please?"

Megohime made a face, but headed into the kitchen to fetch Masamune a bottle of mead that had been warming by the fire with other various drinks and food. “Here.” She said, holding out the drink for him.

Megohime scowled softly. “It’s Megohime- and I didn’t invite you in to sit and drink!”

“I’d rather you leave.” She retorted, but have in. “Whatever, just don’t dirty anything.” She said, waving her hand at him.

“Hardly.” She sniffed, turning her head away from him. “You’re just like all the other boys, loud and dirty.”

She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. “Such a charming one you are.” She said sarcastically.

"I can be charming!" He argued before reaching into his coat and pulling out a silver and moonstone necklace with two small sapphires on either side of the moonstone.

The necklace itself was pretty, but the way he so uncermoniously yanked it from his pocket, the way it was presented to her- it just wasn’t romantic at all. “I don’t want it.” She said. “I have one just like it.”

Megohime was quite flattered, but she still thought he was doing nothing more than playing the part of a cruel joke. “Fine.” She said, taking the pendant, actually putting it on before straightening out her hair. “But don’t expect me to get you anything in return.”

Back
Top Bottom