Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beyond Saving (OCC)

I was kind of assuming @Karasuhime will be playing the Valravn and he will have some sort of prophesy or vision that will to some extent bind the group together. Anyone else have thoughts along those lines that can at least temporarily have Xavier playing nice with the group beyond an initial threat of death kind of thing? I don't want to cross the line on suggesting how she play him, but we might want to brainstorm a bit on the content of his message.

Woohoo! This thing is getting pretty action-packed! Maybe it has something to do with his parents and finding out the answer to a secret that was kept hidden from him?

Rob might be delaying the arrival at the graveyard by a post or so. Sorry about that. :)

I think the question @xavierrol asked might apply to everyone, really. Because it doesn’t seem like anyone’s playing nice (IC, at least) at the moment. But prophecies are always a good way to unite the ragged band of miscreants, right? Or, better yet, prophecies and dark secrets.

Oh, and before I forget: just let me know if it feel like I went a little far with narrating a successful tackle of your hats tee, @Pots. If it feels like I’m god-mixing, I’ll be happy to edit the post.

Yooo @Black_Out, that rhyme was amazing. Had me chuckling. Great timing too. I had low-key forgotten you were here. I'm sorry, I regret my transgressions!

@xavierrol @TheCorsair The prophecy's not a bad route at all. I quite like it, in fact, but it's up to @Karasuhime in that case. Obviously, it won't instantly connect the group on a mental level, but it could be a nice springboard to bond over, during late night dinner making and huddling up together at night to keep warm. And the inevitable monster attacks will force them to cooperate, or die trying!

Also, It's all good @TheCorsair. I can understand Rob's frustration. xP

That being said, do you guys have anything to say so far? Anything in particular you're enjoying? Character input? Just some general thoughts on where we are, without going too much into detail about the future prospects would be appreciated! It's dangerous to working in a closed environment, as you have only yourself to reflect on.

I think it is going quite well so far. Lots of surprises and some action beginning to build. Plenty of conflict within the group that isn't quite a group yet.

I am gathering the 'door' took them closer to the woods than just outside the jail based on the bulk of the writing. I think that works well for the story and how I plan to play it.

As for prophecy, I am thinking the 'old gods' are waking from a long slumber and Xavier's parentage makes him a key to open or lock the gateway that would allow them into their world. Seeing as how the 'old gods' would bring utter chaos, death, and destruction to the world, quite a few creatures like the Valravn might be opposed to that. Of course some of Dolly's friends might be ok with that as well. I think it would be nice for Xavier to learn that his Order is corrupted as well but that would have to come from outside influences. Again just thoughts to discuss, I'm good with whatever we end up doing.

I should be able to post shortly, though the others have plenty of interaction available so I don't think I am holding them up.

I like that idea. Dolly can be considered the 'guy on the inside'. Demons can't seem to keep their mouths shut and their host has little choice to listen since they are in her head.

I'll send some mooks your way first. I sort of do want a good few more to come my way first before the Valravn appears.

No need to revise it. It's touching a bit late here, but the beauty of it is he doesn't -have- to make himself known. Drinking from the goblet doesn't compel him to appear, it just establishes the connection, so she'll have a new voice to listen too when he decides to speak up.

"Monkey boy" had me snorting out loud during class, you delectible bastard.

I was amused enough by “Monkey Boy” that I added it to Rob’s list of aliases.

As far as the prophecy goes, I like the “Old Gods Awaken” idea. I have a suggestion, though: let’s ramo up the moral ambiguity of the setting a little by stripping any moral component from the Old vs. New Gods conflict. The Old Gods are just the losers in a divine conflict that was echoed in the mortal realm by religious warfare, and (as happens) the losers were either forgotten or demonized. But They’ve been gathering Their strength, and are planning a return.

As the Chosen Heroes of Destiny (tm), our characters have the ability to bring about or thwart Their return by our actions. So both sides will want to sway us to Their side, or kill us. In this version, Xavier’s Order isn’t corrupt, they’re just willing to take some fairly brutal actions to suppress and destroy the worshippers of the heretical/pagan worshippers of the Old Gods, justifying the atrocities because it is the will of their God(s). Whether that’s better or worse than being corrupt is open to debate, of course.

The social stigmas shining through. I love it.

I posted a bit more back story for Xavier and am pretty much going to wait until someone enters the area and will pick up from there.

@TheCorsair I am going to assume the female form has the same earring scar as the male. I think it might make for an interesting hint of recognition though he will obviously think it a coincident. What name would she have used when hooking up with Xavier?

As for the prophecy, I am fairly flexible. I am hoping to give some idea of the reign of the old gods through some dream sequences if I can develop that well enough, not sure how to pull that off yet exactly but we shall see how it goes. I would think their coming back would be quite a disruption of life for most sentient beings but we can play it as we like. As for the Order, I think the key for my character's development is a certain realization of the Order's flaws and hypocrisy. Just something to make him question his faith and piety, and hopefully unleash his wild side to the point of some loss of control.

@TheCorsair I am going to assume the female form has the same earring scar as the male. I think it might make for an interesting hint of recognition though he will obviously think it a coincident. What name would she have used when hooking up with Xavier?

That’s what I’d been assuming as well - things like hair length and scars and the like don’t vanish when he transforms.

As for a name? Hmmm. She probably goes by Robin or Roberta if she’s using her “real” name (because that way shortening it to “Rob” just sounds eccentric). She may have been using an alias at the time, though, because she does that a lot.

Let’s assume she was using an alias at the time, so the connection isn’t too obvious. Say... Cassandra Hill (“call me Cassie”).

I finished my post kind of generic so it is set for whoever gets there first or even all at the same time. (Just didn't want to sleep through the encounter!) I don't need you to write anything special to entertain me, I am patient enough. I think the Valravn is waiting for more of the group to get there, I don't know if the same is true for the daughter or if she will make an earlier appearance. Trying to open the door for @Karasuhime to jump in when ready.

I am working on a post to keep you entertained~ Will be a few hours though, it's my brothers birthday, so if anybody else has some ideas, go right ahead and post

Poor horsey. Not sure if we are in a limbo, but I'm fine with continuing along with whatever flows -wink-. I'm assuming @Karasuhime is still waiting to find herself an in to the story?

It had it coming! Why? How should I know? Do I look like a horse whisperer?

I'm unsure. We'll see how things work out, when people get to answering.

Back
Top Bottom