Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beyond Saving (OCC)

Still. I'm at your disposal if you want your fingers busy though.

I was kind of putting the words in your mouth, you know!

My brain defaulted on Dolly despising soap with all of her being and the thought is strangely amusing to me.

I was waiting to figure out what is happening next and letting others catch up

Fair enough. Maybe I’ll write some filler, and have Rob bicker with the moon cats again.

What were you waiting on from me? In general I'm thinking X is heading for a drink then to go question Dolly. Unless of course someone breaks her out before he gets there, then we have a pursuit. I'm open to options, don't want to feel like I am pushing people in some direction one way or another.

Hm. Good question. Let me think here.

Rob’s recognized Xavier, and is trying to avoid him now. Because Xavier would probably recognize him if he found a reason to look closely at “Blind Tom”, and then he’d be at risk of fetti g his profession revealed or getting dragged - he assumes - into some damnfool attempt to help the witch. (How accurate his assessment of Xavier’s “white hat” inclinations are is, of course, unimportant.)

So. We could arrange to have Rob and Xavier run into each other and get Rob’s arm (metaphorically) twisted into helping Xavier go talk to and/or rescue Dolly. Which then interferes with the other impending rescue and leads to all manner of hilarity.

Thoughts?

As the story sits right now, I don't see Xavier as having much motivation to free her, he can question her while she is confined easy enough. So having him take a moment to clear his head with a drink or three would allow him to get ready to try and ask questions. The only character I can think right now that would be able to convince him to break her out would be Elisa. If she basically led credence to the accusation that the dead guy really was bad, he might see the injustice of having her face death. Cheating the hangman would be a major departure from his code of conduct and would have repercussions for him. But I am thinking Elisa could be rather convincing if she wanted to be. But I don't know that Pots wants to go that route and I'm not really sure it is the most fun or realistic (not that I consider realism an essential part of RP, but I do like motivations and actions to make some sense unless of course your character is crazy).
So plan B as I see it right now, again subject to change at any time, would be that Elisa and perhaps others, break Dolly out for whatever motivations make sense to them. Xavier, either alone or with others would pursue them. The only path that would not involve being run down by X and the constables/angry villagers, would be the home of the Valravn. Any NPCs accompanying X would likely not brave the dark forest so he would have to go alone or with other players if they choose to join him.

Nice and tidy I think, but I will be a little disappointed in our group if they don't tear at least several holes in my best laid planso_O

Clearly, I misunderstood Xavier’s intentions.

At this point, though, I think I’ll wait until tomorrow and see what mischief crops up that I can then play off. Or, at least, see if I have any more ideas.

Sorry if I was unclear, it all made sense in my head but sometimes between there and my fingers things can get muddled. I also look for opportunities in the writings of others and the animated doll was unexpected to me as was Elisa's capture of it. I think both are brilliant developments and I love that the story isn't flowing in the direction I was thinking just two posts ago. I'm looking forward to others making their mark upon the story and see where else it can lead.

I have parked Xavier where he should be relatively easy to approach but can also be ignored without much disruption to my plans for moving the story along. While I do not need to, I will have time to post again today but will likely be unavailable to post in the main story line until mid day Sunday (US EASTERN GMT -4) I should be able to make short OOC posts for story discussion.

I do hope we haven't lost @Karasuhime as I was looking forward to her main character coming up soon. She seemed very interesting.

Don't worry, I'm using my secondary application-hidden character who's meant to pop in and out of the RP.

Either way, I'll be posting in a few hours. Work's bummed me a bit.

I had a few drinks at school today. And by a few, I mean almost a dozen. How are you lovely folk feeling this wonderful friday?

I'm great, it is a beautiful sunny afternoon, I have the day off and am packing for a weekend trip. Only down side is I won't be able to post until Sunday, at least not long story type posts. I'm sure I'll be keeping tabs from my phone from time to time.

Likewise, another lazy day off of work, though no travel plans myself for the weekend. Enjoy your trip Xavierrol.

My fingers are so itchy! I wants to write.

I wasn't home, is the thing! Am now. I was waiting for @Karasuhime's response too. I would hate to disregard her due to lack of patience. Work is obviously more important, and so is your own mental health. I just hope she is alright.

I'm not sure if anyone else is aware but it would appear that Karoshhin has bowed out for personal reasons. I just happened to catch site of a message he left on his profile page. Hopefully he's doing alright.

Back
Top Bottom