Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beyond Saving (OCC)

Well I'm a touch late to the party, but I wanted to drop in and give a quick intro. I love a good fantasy story and after speaking with our delightful GM type she gave me the nod to join in the fun. My availability can be hit or miss, I'm hoping to contribute, but on the realistic side I expect to be able to contribute a post a week. With that in mind I put the idea forward to play as a lesser role, one that won't slow down anything taking place in the RP and won't require frequent responses. I'm still working out the details, and I hope to get those fleshed out well enough to send it to Pots tonight or tomorrow night. But I'd like to share the overall idea and welcome any input that others might be willing to share.

Essentially I'm looking to play as an item that is bound to a spirit. Perhaps a cursed item possessed by some whimsically minded spirit. It might lie dormant for awhile, and then decide to manifest its powers at opportune, or inopportune moments. So far the idea of goblet or a key I've found to be intriguing options. I am open minded though to hearing what the others in the group think or might have as suggestions.

Well, I'll throw in a character I've submitted via GM PM but haven't posted in the Character Sheet section because reasons in the town area.

Once I figure out what to do, of course.

Primarily because I don't want to miss out on some town fun, secondarily because... well... I felt like establishing the chap later into the story but this scene is just perfect for him to pop by.

Should we await your response before continuing then?

Me specifically? Oh, my day literally just started. I'm at school for another 8 hours minimum. Do take your time.

Time taken, post made. The part that matters in the current plot seems a bit short, yes, but I'm sure there'll be a lot more to write in due time.

Just in the way of background, I am thinking towns like the one we are starting in have a handful of elected/appointed constables who are basically regular townsfolk with limited weapons. They would keep order among themselves, arresting drunks and common thieves, but would look to outside help such as knight's of the order for major problems like monsters or organized brigands. Knights would travel from town to town, part judge, part enforcer, and would either lead the constables against more significant foes or call for reinforcements for major threats. Assuming sweet Dolly doesn't do her thing in hushed whispers but makes something of a scene it would likely attract a handful of constables who frown on such disturbances of the peace. Of course the fun of RPing is not knowing what your partners will write so we will just have to wait and see.

Oh man, another alcoholic! Yes! I see drunk nights dancing and singing around a campfire with irritated comrades in our future.

You know, there's many different ways to bother someone. Watch out, you kooky wench.

You may not want to be on the receiving end of an all-consuming avalanche. Not unless your chums are ready to unearth your frozen cadaver afterwards. And she absolutely will not!

I’ve been approved, and now I’m looking for ways to get involved. So, here’s a few thoughts. This looks like a smaller town, one that probably isn’t going to be a good spot for a professional thief to settle down in for any length of time. So Rob’s probably just passing through and trying to make a bit of money. I’m thinking he’s selling charms and medicines (the ones he’s sure really work), and supplementing with a little theatrical performance (juggling and the like). Maybe he’s also got a few books for sale?

Also, if Disiyr needs an in, maybe Rob recently stole an exquisite silver goblet?

That's exactly what someone delusional would say!

And I don't know @TheCorsair. It might turn into a clusterfuck if everyone is introduced immediately. Might. You could certainly try to weave in somehow though. Pickpocket one of individuals at play, have them notice. Chase-scene that leads somewhere. Boom, you've got something going.

I was intending to introduce Disiyir sitting meekly on display at a merchants stall. If the merchant can't seem to get Elisa or the man whose name I know not to purchase the goblet, by all means steal away.

That looks like a promising bit of action, if I jump in now. It I might wait until later. Either way, anyone have any preferences about whether I introduce Rob as male or female at start?

Seems like a valid option as well. Also, just a quick ground rule of common decency. Don't rush out replies before other people are up to snuff, unless they're taking an exceedingly long time to respond or if the subject at the time is unimportant. We don't want to leave people "behind" because they're 2 or more posts behind.

By all means, pick your gender yourself. We have 3 men and 3 women at this point, though not everyone has been introduced yet.

My post will likely be my only one for today. I figure Disiyir will keep to himself regardless of who picks up the goblet and assess his new companion, or just be in a drunken stupor and not really care.

Well, since we're waiting anyway. Might as well get a conversation going. What's your expectations to this whole ordeal? How long is the ideal runtime? Smut to story ratio? Obviously, things wary, but just give some rough estimates. Also, what do you do in your everyday lives? Enlighten me!

Ooh, good questions.

For story length, it varies. I have some fairly long one-on-one RPs, but they tend to get broken into relatively distinct story arcs. Something like that could work here - we have a Big Bad, and several story arcs as we work closer to the Big Bad and the ultimate resolution. Then we ride off into the sunset until the next story happens.

Yeah. I also like recurring characters from story to story. Or/an generational stories. I’mcraxy, that way.

For smut/story ratios, I tend to run about 30/70 at start with a new writing partner, eventually settling out around... I dunno. 45/65 when I get comfortable with my partner. That number can spike pretty high, though, depending on the story I’m writing.

In my everyday life I’m a stockbroker supervising a team of stockbrokers who work with equity compensation plans. At a call center, though, so I’m not a Wolf of Wall Street stockbroker. More like The Office, really.

I'm a casual writer usually adding about 2 to 3 paragraphs a post depending upon what is going on and how quickly things are going. I don't really do a smut/story ratio, I just write what seems to make sense. I haven't seen lots of smut in group stories but maybe this one will be different. I kind of like to make things up as I go but that can be a little more difficult with a group.

I was originally thinking of meeting Dolly and a quick escape of the Town likely with Elisa in tow to meet up with the Valravn's daughter. Now that we have a small entourage in town along with a tin cup, we might have to slow things down a little to gather the rest of the group. So now I'm kind of thinking of Dolly getting locked up, maybe abused by some guards, she might like that. Elisa or others could try to convince Xavier she is innocent and together cook up an idea to break her out of the lockup. A thief might be handy for that and maybe others have some skills that would lend themselves to it. Perhaps someone has actually met the Valravn so they might have a chance of surviving the treacherous journey where the villagers would fear to follow them. All just kind of wondering aloud at this point. I should be able to reply in a few hours.

@TheCorsair I am considering Xavier and Robbie having some history. He has been riding the circuit through these towns so he would likely know some criminal element even if he is a bit 'small time' for Xavier's concern. I would also consider the possibility that he has had an illicit liaison with the female form but doesn't know they are one in the same. Might be interesting when they have to spend enough time together to figure that out. Anyway, just thoughts they are by no means necessary for me one way or the other.

I am rather private in my personal life. I am an older professional and enjoy writing as a bit of a hobby, letting my imagination run wild.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom