Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sea Jewel (JohnizBeast and NightSorceress)

She spun her heels and looked at him she clenched her fist a few times trying to not scream as him. “If you hadn’t raped me I wouldn’t be here right now. I would be home with people who love me! I wouldn’t be needing a place to stay!” She drew a deep breath trying to calm herself before she said nastier words. “Perhaps it would be better, if I left you alone, figure things out on my own. That way I am no longer a concern of yours”

As she mentioned her rape, Tidas leaned in and replied "I didn't say I was completely made up of kind bones did I?" Then when she mentioned going off on her own he just laughed "You go off on your own you will end up in a human settlement with no where to stay and nothing to eat. Probably getting raped again, this time by someone who doesn't care if you die.... anyways your probably going to go back home now so lets just get this over with and you will never have to see me again"

“Gladly!” She snapped and walked to the ocean. She stood on the beach trying to calm herself. She drew a slow deep breath and then began to walk out into the water. she kept walking slow steady steps waitng for her tail to appear. Nothing, her clothes were wet now sticking to her, but sh just kept moving further and further out until she had to swim, as she began to swim out a good ways suddenly a large wave rose up and carried her back to shore. She felt so defeated.

Tidas just watched from the shore, his feet in the edge of the water as Kai attempted to transform. Though it seemed as if nothing was going to happen as she washed back up onto the shore line like a dead fish. Honestly Tidas just shook his head, he didn't know if she was playing games or not with him. "This is not funny, I am going to help you with this "Tidas replied picking Kai up in his arms. "Don't complain either, its nothing sexual" He replied as he walked in the water with her in his arms.

As they got deeper and the water was up to his shoulders he just held her head above water, making sure to keep the rest of her body under water. He knew the last time he put her water her legs at least transformed. Though this time nothing happened "Come one transform!" He shouted gently shaking her body in the water hoping it make something happen.

She was shocked when he picked her up. Offering to help her. She felt his strong arms around as the water washed over her body again. She felt a tingle in her legs as if she was going to transform, even a few scales covered her legs. She felt hopefully maybe the act of him returning her to the ocean setting her free was enough to trigger it. But just as before they faded away and she was left with legs. She wanted to cry in that moment.

Then suddenly a wave came up pushing both of them back to shore. As if telling them they were not welcome. Kai had lost all hope, she had nothing left, she couldn’t even go home. She just sat there on the shore heartbroken.

He watched as some scales started to cover her leg through the clear water and smiled "See I told you this would happen, you just didn't stay in the water.... long.. enough" Though as he talked it seemed the scales began to disappear. "Are you fucking kidding me" He said as he looked up, though just as he did a wave came and knocked him off his feet sending them both back to shore. Though Tidas made sure to hold onto her tightly so she wouldn't get pulled back and drowned.

"So why is this happening? I don't know anything about mermaids... so tell me whats going on... for all I know your playing games with me just trying to stay in my castle" Tidas said as he looked at her though he still held her in his arms.

She looked up at him, there was no hiding the pain and sadness in her eyes. “I don’t know what’s going on, i wish i did. I have always been to shift from one form to another, I have been always welcome back in the ocean, but now its different. I don’t know what is different, I don’t know why. I just know I can’t go home, i can’t go see my family, i am stuck here alone” everything she said came out in a rush of tears. She breaking right there in his arms and she didnt care all she cared about was the fact she couldn’t go home.

Tidas listen to her and once she finished he just let out a sigh before saying "Well your stuck here for now... until what ever this is goes away you can stay here. Your not alone, even if the person you have with you is someone you hate. Though I am sure the maids will also be there for you so don't worry about it. Now lets go back into the castle.".

With that Tidas reached into her pocket and handed her a handkerchief "its wet but its better than nothing" he said as he stood up with her still in his arms and began to walk her back to the castle.

She was shocked when he offered her a place to stay it caught her off guard since he thought she was just playing him. She took the handkerchief and dried her eyes with it. It was simple gesture but a kind one. She was very glad for that. She drew a soft breath. “Thank you for letting me stay with you, I appericate it” She felt exhausted,in that moment her past few days had been rough and now with being rejected from the ocean she felt so helpless so powerless.

"No problem... its the least I could do for you after everything" Tidas replied as he carried her back up the steps that lead to the castle. "I have to go into town tomorrow, do you plan on staying here or would you like to come with me? I am sure your curious to see how humans live." He asked her

She was touched by his kindness there was no harsh words attached to what he said. She needed a bit of kindness now more than ever. “Thank you I would like to come to town with you. I think it would maybe help to take my mind off of why i can’t go home.” She drew a slow and steady breath. She needed to relax she was worried maybe that why she couldn’t go home.

"No problem... I will see you tomorrow then" Tidas replied as he put her down on her feet in the entrance hall. "I will be in my room, the maids will take care of you, if you need me you know where to find me." With that Tidas walked back to him room. Just then Selena came up behind Kai and shouted "BOO!!"

She stood there now watching as he returned to his room. “Umm goodnight” She called to him softly. Before she turned to make her way back to her room and change out of the wet clothes. She suddenly startled to have someone yell behind her. She let out a little scream and turned around seeing one of the maids she had met earlier. “Oh my you gave me an awful freight”

By now Tidas was out of sight and up the stair case in his room. Selena giggled as it seemed she had frightened Kai though she saw that Kai was soaked and squealed "So its true! You and Prince Tidas went down to the beach all by yourselves and went for a swim! How romantic! Tell me Lady Kai are you romantically involved!" Selena asked Kai.

She listen to Selena and smiled, she found it nice how carefree she seemed. “Oh we just happen to take a walk and a big wave came and got us both all wet” she tried to hid what they were truly doing there. “Romantically involved oh no, we are just....” she paused what were they? She didn’t even know. “I am just a guest here of the prince’s he was kind enough to show me around”

Selena giggled at her response "Your a bashful one huh Kai?" She then nudged her gently "I heard your first night here you stayed with him in his room, and now your his guest and you two are taking private walked to the beach together. Its okay you can be honest my Lady!" Selena said trying to get some juicy details.

Word certainly did get around in a castle like this. She knew it was going to be hide to dodge the truth. Of course she could tell the truth, but what going would that do. She shook her head “oh i think you have it all wrong. The first night i arrived here the prince was showing me how close his bedroom was to mine, in case i needed anything. It was then I became ill and i spent the night ill the prince’s bathroom.”

Selena giggled at her reply and smiled "Alright I get it, a lady never tells any secrets or inappropriate things, but your not tricking me. A woman doesn't let a man carry her in his arms all the way up the side of this mountain unless she enjoys being held by him. Nor does a man unless he enjoys holding her. Though you two make a cute couple!" Though before Kai could reply the other maid came in and said "Selena! Did you find out what Lady Kai wanted for dinner?"

She was shocked by Selena’s forwardness about the whole matter. She looked down now thinking about what she said. Kai did let Tidas carry her, she didn’t even struggle or think twice about. She felt suddenly foolish. “I ummm” she looked to the other maid “I am not hungry” she then turn and ran up the stairs. She felt so ashamed of herself. She went to her room closing the door behind her. She leaned against it. Kai couldn’t understand why she felt comfortable in his arms. She should been afraid or she should have fought and yet she didn’t.

After about 10 minutes there was a knock on Kai's door. On the other side a sniffling Selena could be heard, she spoke up after a few second "Kai.... .I mean Lady Kai... I am sorry I was so rude... I should have known better then to ask a lady about something so private.... I am sorry if I embarrassed you... I have some towels if you want to dry yourself off along with some dry clothes.... I don't want you to catch a cold... and I was hoping we could still be friends"

Kai didnt know what to do. She felt suddenly lost, Selena had basically thought she was slut, even only knew the truth. But she wasn’t like that she wouldn’t ruin an entire nation because of him. If that were to happen it would be by his hands not her.

Kai jumped when she heard the knock on the door. She sighed and opened the door a bit. “Thank you for the towels and the clothes. Thank you for the apologies.” She paused and looked at the girl. She smiled gently. ”Yes we can still be friends” she then smiled gently. She realized that her and Selena were not that far off in age. It was clear they were raised in different ways. “I hope you have a good evening” she then closed the door.

Selena bowed before Kai and said "I am so sorry...." Though soon the door was closed in her face and she left. After about 3 hours Tidas could be heard sobbing in his room again. One of the servants came running out of his room saying "FINE! FINE ! I WILL BRING YOU MORE WINE!!"

Kai sighed as she closed the door. She still had a lot to work out and figure out, she needed space to understand all that had happen in a short amount of time. She stripped her clothes and hung them to dry before she dried herself off. She changed into the dress that Selena had given her. It was a very pretty purple dress. She liked it. She was suddenly startled by a commotion across the hall.

She opened the door to her room just as she saw the servant running away. She went to Tidas room. She knocked on the door before she opened it. She prayed he wasn’t drunk she prayed he had kept his promise. She stepped into his room but stood by the door “Tidas, are you ok” she asked softly.

As Kai come in the room she would see two empty wine bottles on the floor and Tidas was sitting at the table downing another one. "Everything is wrong.... this whole world is wrong!" He shouted out clearly drunk.

She looked at him and sighed. She moved over to the table. Gently taking the bottle from his hand and then sitting next to him. She replaced the bottle with her own hand. Her eyes were soft and gentle just like her sprite. “What do you mean everything is wrong” she asked him looking at him as she did.

Back
Top Bottom