Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
I have one question, before I had certain PM's arranged in other folders, will those folders have been transferred, or will the PM's just be moved into the one inbox, or have those been blasted into outer space?

Still not a huge fan of PM's being structured like threads now in terms of ease in converting to offline documents but that seems to be a niche issue so I'll just deal I guess.

One thing .I don't know why but Xenforo absolutely hates my phone's autocorrect and word predictions now. It's an Android, but yeah. Phone posting is a bit of a mess. I'll click an option and it just turns into letter salad or doesn't correct. I think it may have to do with the autosave as you post maybe? I know it's the site because it works fine everywhere else.

Also I appreciate all the hard work!

@NikolaiB folders didn't survive conversion. I will be trying to add something to replace them.

@Pdrive1872 I'm on Android also, and have no issues. What browser and keyboard are you using?

I love the new layout, and well done on all the hard work :).

Don't mean to be moaning about it, just wanted to point out that, for me at least, there are a few text boxes around that I can't see what I'm actually typing. For example, if I start typing in the search box at the top of the page I can't see the text I'm actually typing, but I know it is going in, because if I then click search it will work. So maybe it's just I have it set to white text on a white background or something like that?

@Pdrive1872 hrm. : / What android version?

If you have me on Discord, could you send me a screenshot?

@VolatilZ Some of the color combinations are questionable here. >_> We're upgrading again Monday, so the current theme is just a placeholder. You can switch to the default theme (widget on the very bottom left of the site) if needed.

I don't mind the new interface and layout, but the conversion royally obliterated my PM RPs by merging them into threads. I don't mind the new thread-style PM system but the conversion is what really blew my RP history to pieces. Due to the fact that my longest running RP had different titles depending on the chapter or other circumstances. For example, posts that were NSFW were labeled in the title, so all of those NSFW scenes were turned into 1 thread. Or for any posts where my partner and I labeled "edited" if we made changes - those were all converted into 1 thread, so on and so forth. Basically I have about 20 different threads for this 1 RP... There is no congruent order to our RP anymore. We will have to start fresh with this new layout as the rest of our RP history is mangled.

/Sigh.

I figured something like this might happen.

@DarkMinds I can merge your conversations with a person, or look into making a quick hack tool to do so.

Probably the latter. <_<

It would be an all-or-nothing affair or nearly so, however.

@DarkMinds I can merge your conversations with a person, or look into making a quick hack tool to do so.

Probably the latter. <_<

It would be an all-or-nothing affair or nearly so, however.

If you saw the disaster my PM inbox is in right now, you wouldn't be offering to merge it BAHAHAHA. I can only imagine how messy it will be to starting such a process. I cant merge all the threads because some are OOC and others are different. I'd have to give you a list of what goes in with what and it'll be terribly time consuming. Unless you're up for it. LOL?

If by quick hack-tool you mean, users can fix/merge things themselves, then that'd probably be way easier. For you and users. Is that possible, though?

Vek,

I have the latest version of Android. I don't have you on Discord but I'm also not sure how much good a screenshot would do since it's an issue with active input. Also it doesn't always happen. It's almost like a timing thing, like when the site is preparing to save the draft or something.

@DarkMinds if you don't care about the titles it's not terribly difficult.

@Pdrive1872 can hope that XF2 will be better at least. This is still a fairly dated platform all told.

@DarkMinds if you don't care about the titles it's not terribly difficult.

Perfect. If it's not ridiculous, I'll definitely take you up on the offer.
Is there a limit to how many messages can be in a single thread? This RP in particular has hundreds of messages. Maybe more.

@NikolaiB I needed to turn it off again while I put the message table on a diet. It's taking up a quarter of the hard drive on its own.

@DarkMinds the recordholder is 17k messages in one conversation. >_>

So, while messages were active, I noticed I only had four conversations in all my inbox out of so many that I had. Were the others still gradually converting or they got deleted?

@Starcaller most of yours were at the tail end of conversion. I see 17 conversations for you in the database.

If we tried sending something in a conversation when they were shut down again, would we have to redo it when they(the conversations) are brought back up or would it go through after they're online again?

Thank you so much for all of your hard work Vekseid!

I managed to PM a couple of folks a couple hours ago and I got a (1) notification just now, but whenever I try to click it (or View all) I get a pop-up error that tries to take me back to the home page. If this is because you turned off the storage table like you said then whatever, but if it's something that's not supposed to happen I thought it might be something you needed to know!

Back
Top Bottom