Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
The PM's look like 'private threads' that only you and the person you pm'd can see. It's a -lot- easier to use it than the convo. system of the previous bmr.

There's no quotes where you have to scroll through forever, and no individual messages. your entire conversation is kept in 1 thread.

Point system. How do you earn points? I've already earned some, but I'm curious as to how to earn more. If this was already talked about, I apologize.

On a side note, look at my avatar. lol. Her head has been cut off.

Trophy points are currently awarded for reaching certain post thresholds and having birthdays. May muck with it but right now they're mostly a gimmick. The title ladder is based off of postcount just as before.

@Lurker apparently we're with Squarevatars now. Way too much is based on squareness in Xenforo to change that. Make a new crop. >_>

@DarkMinds I've rebuilt the thread cache so you should be able to find your request thread through your profile now.

@Revnarh @PsionicCuttlefish Prose and others want to get rid of the likes system, so don't expect to keep seeing them.

@kinkyponygirl @CJP_8066 @Raina Reader @krisd @Pdrive1872 After a bit over twelve hours the PM conversion is ~15% done. I will probably open up inboxes tomorrow night or possibly the morning after. I want to have at least half the site's users have their full PM history converted before facing the horde of "Why don't I see all my PMs!?" questions.

Having spent a good amount of time on some other Xenforo sites, I welcome BMR switching over. It's a better platform all told imho.

ummm very old dumb person here... any way to change the colours and such? i'm colour blind and i cant read 1/2 the site because of its colours lol

I love the layout and style. I didn’t expect this in the least. Great job! Can’t wait for PMs to get back, looking forward to the update for it! Till then, I shall wait patently.

ummm very old dumb person here... any way to change the colours and such? i'm colour blind and i cant read 1/2 the site because of its colours lol

We will be on a new style in one week. If there's something really bad right now I can edit it to improve contrast.

Also knowing your specific type of colorblindness will help me help you. : )

We will be on a new style in one week. If there's something really bad right now I can edit it to improve contrast.

Also knowing your specific type of colorblindness will help me help you. : )

Protanopia and my biggest issue is text encapsulated in color IE : dark purple text on the black back ground. even if i could change the background to white and text to black it would help me :)

@Lurker apparently we're with Squarevatars now. Way too much is based on squareness in Xenforo to change that. Make a new crop. >_>

@Vekseid, if that what it takes to keep an animated avatar, then so be it. However, can you please do the server-side magic to have Xenforo retain the animation when resizing them? I know that it is possible.

On a different subject, is it possible to get the reply text included in the email notification?

Thank you!

People are still bumping/creating search threads, are we meant to just not connect with any new potential partners until the PM system is back online (sounds like tomorrow night/Wednesday), or is there another way to connect for story planning at the moment if we're still disallowed from posting in other people's search threads? I don't mind the necessary wait but I feel kinda bad for the people who are going to be shouting into the void for the next two days.

@Lurker I try to keep that off because people keep replying to them. I'm going to leave it off for conversations this time at least. >_>

People are still bumping/creating search threads, are we meant to just not connect with any new potential partners until the PM system is back online (sounds like tomorrow night/Wednesday), or is there another way to connect for story planning at the moment if we're still disallowed from posting in other people's search threads? I don't mind the necessary wait but I feel kinda bad for the people who are going to be shouting into the void for the next two days.

I'll talk to staff about relaxing this in the mean time. There is also Discord/IM

Protanopia and my biggest issue is text encapsulated in color IE : dark purple text on the black back ground. even if i could change the background to white and text to black it would help me :)

Hmm. In my simulator it's hard to pick out the issue

- Is it people using colored text in threads?

- Can you see the links okay?

There are a handful of things that are hard to see because they don't matter and any changes are going away in a week.

I think for now people are using the prfile posts to chat in the way pms were used. It's a bit public, but you can use it to coordinate over discord or email.

@lavenderxtea most BBCode will be working again next week, including tables. In the far right of the widget bar, you can see the little icon with a wrench over paper - that switches you to the BBcode editor.

Looking forward to the PM feature returning. I usually do my RPs in PM. Was just getting one started when the conversion started, looking forward to continuing it.

Looking good so far and hopefully there are not too many troubles. I noticed people are expressing concern this far but I do want to say that people should take time to wait for the conversion to complete. I have firsthand knowledge from doing these myself that they actually do take some time and if you need the software developer to jump in and help you it honestly can take a while. I would say continue to use what’s available, use our Discord and if somethings not working make sure we know about it but if we’ve said that it’s a problem and it’s being worked on give us a couple weeks. Hopefully it won’t take that long but you never know; The joys of software conversion.

Looking cool so far.

I just guess it'll take me a while to actually use stuff. I'm good like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom