Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
Ohhhhh shit. Not all of them did. That’s going to be FUN.
Once the system is fully unlocked, you will also be able to start new conversations as needed. As far as I'm aware, there is not a limit in XenForo about the number of different Conversations you may have with a single user by default, and I doubt anything like that will be implemented unless it becomes direly and directly necessary.

As for the conversions of all old PMs, yeah, there was really no "good" way to do it that wouldn't be chaotic for -someone-, it's simply the unavoidable nature of a major software upgrade, but the best of all the options was, as I understand it, a two-step process;

First step: All PMs between any two users are being collated and merged into one "mega-Conversation" for said two users (In other words, the first step of this process creates one "mega-conversation" for every single user you have ever PM'd or been PM'd by)
Second step: All PMs within one "mega-conversation" between two users are then subdivided into any additional number of Conversations between any two users, based on title of the PM. (So, if you were already in the habit of say, having two "PM-chains" running with another user, like, "Re: [RP name]" PM-chain and "Re: [RP name] OOC", and if hypothetically those were the only two PM-chains you ever had with that user, every message in your "mega-Conversation" is sorted into two new Conversations accordingly to the titles.)

Once the PM-import is fully complete, you will then be able to pick up exactly where you left off in any of the new Conversations that have been auto-created out of your PM-chains, or begin new Conversations if you so desire.

At least, this is the situation as I understand it. (I -could- be wrong on some details, await a mod or admin to confirm this before taking it as truth)

I have a question: What is the new square avatar size? It looks like its 200x200 but I'm not exactly sure. As a member in the design team I kinda need the exact dimensions. Also is this going to stay permanently as the avatar size even after the conversion is done, or are we going to have a different size later?

@Forbidden Fruit the recommendation for xf2 is going to be 400x400. Would not be surprised to see 800x800 in the far future.

99% of what gets seen is going to be downsampled below 200x200 though, so it does not matter too much.

Going to be that guy and question when PM's will be up and running again? Think I read late tonight/tomorrow? As a PM RP'er this is killing me-

I opened a discord account, my RP partner and I have agreed to move our RP there for now. I suggest anyone else who does their roleplays in PMs to move it elsewhere during the conversion so that you can keep it going.

I will be unlocking conversations shortly. Note that it the import is still running.

You will not be able to start new conversations until the import is finished. I need to put some brakes on things.

Import should be finished tonight, however.

Xenforo auto-saves your drafts. Type some text in the box and then pause for a couple moments - you'll see a lil pop up in the corner of the textbox saying it's saved.

Thank you Vek for your hard work. It means so much.

Indeed, thank you for all the hard work, Vek. This is a big change but you've handled it flawlessly!

Checking through my PMs now via my phone. Question, it looks like the old PMs that I deleted after 30 days of inactivity have returned. Is there an ability to delete? I see "leave the message" ...can I assume its the same as delete?

I noticed that the blue names from the supporter ranks are impossible to read on the background of Flexible Dark. I have to highlight them.

Speaking of themes, any chances more will become available in the future?

@ImaginationGoneWild yes, this is a stopgap until we get to 2.0. There's no point in investing too much into themes when we're only on 1.5 for a week.

Great work, love the new xenforo platform. Thank you so much for all the hard work!

The new system is going to take some getting used to but one question, I don't think it's actually launched yet because I don't see the option but how do/will we start a conversation with a new user?

Back
Top Bottom