Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
Strange, it seems like I got 87 new messages in my inbox, but I wasn't online when they were open and now I have to wait. But I'll wait patiently and hope that you'll get some sleep, Vekseid. I know how it feels when you try to function with a lack of sleep. Have nice dreams!

@Cypherxk2 it might have gotten saved as a draft. That was wonky in pms for me in this XF version but hopefully you are lucky.

Waiting shouldn’t be a big deal for anybody. Nothing is going anywhere and stuff will get sorted in time. But Vek is ONE person. And human. >.> So the guy kinda needs to re-energize before delving back in. I mean...yikes. Yanno? O.O

Strange, it seems like I got 87 new messages in my inbox, but I wasn't online when they were open and now I have to wait.
More than likely they are some old conversations that were marked as unread for some reason during the conversion, I had a few from early 2017 with the same issue. Or maybe you're really popular!

Thanks again Vek, everything is going smooth as anyone could hope for, take the sleep if you need it buddy.

I liked the new system while I could look at it. I mostly was organizing and deleting/leaving old conversations to clean up my new inbox. I like how it all becomes a single thread as if it were a forum thread. I didn't see if they could be edited though that would be awesome. Keep up the good work Vek! (and take a break too)

I think I'd rather my stuff not be liked or disliked ^^;

Keep it all up to the beholder, you know? ^^;

@Pdrive1872 did you get your Android issue fixed? I was just going to suggest to try clicking on the desktop version and see if that helps. Just a suggestion. I have Android too and haven't had issues but know I have had to do that in the past to type on different sites.

so.... should we talk about fun/inappropriate stuff while we wait on the update?

@freckled_beauty If any participant in a PM did not delete their copy of the message, there was still a copy available to convert from.

so....since I'm computer ignorant, can anyone tell me in english when we can send and recieve PM's?
You can send PMs by clicking the inbox button (top right corner, next to alerts), then clicking the 'start a new conversation' button (top right corner of your inbox, below the search bar), then entering the name of the person(s) you want to send it to in the participants section. Alternatively, you can click that person's username and click the 'start a conversation' button there.

You can read PMs you've received through your inbox

so....since I'm computer ignorant, can anyone tell me in english when we can send and recieve PM's?
You already can, they're called conversations now, you'll find them in your inbox in the top right corner of the site, all private messages with the same title have been converted and stitched together into a single private message 'thread'.

I've been looking all over the site, but I can't find the drafts. I had two saved and they've just disappeared . Just for clarification, these aren't from the old site. I made two drafts after the conversion. When I checked they were in the in the textbox under the thread even after going to a different page, but today I can't find them. Is there a timeout for how long drafts are saved? Or am I just being dense and missing a very obvious place they could be?

Back
Top Bottom