Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Conversations are now fully live. Message table is down to 21 gigs and I got some sleep. >_>

Now to rebuild the post index.

Enjoy everyone. : )

=========================

Conversion is almost finished, but once completed I will need to turn off conversations again while I compress the messages table. It is currently pushing 60 gigabytes (for one table) and is not exactly tenable to continue as-is.

Once compression is done all private conversations functions will be enabled and you can be back to your Blue Moon experience.

=======================

Existing conversations are now open to replies.

The PM Import is still in progress. Newer members are still having their conversations imported.

Starting new conversations will be unlocked once the import is completed.

Original message below:

=========================

Questions first.

1) Where are my PMS?!

Hiding. You'll be able to send PMs once the converter is further along. It's at a relatively sensitive, nascent spot right now.

I will probably re-enable them Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

2) Where is (insert something I told you to save beforehand - drafts, notepad)?

Not here, probably. If it was a post draft, you can ask staff to recover it. Otherwise you'll have to ask me personally.

3) What happened to my avatar/signature?

If you didn't upload your avatar, it probably didn't survive the conversion. If your avatar or signature linked to fucking Photobucket, it got nuked.

Avatars are now square. So you may want to re-crop and upload. Lots of stuff on the new software is built on this so...

4) BBCode is messed up!

I know. It will be fixed after we move to Xenforo 2. Most of it anyway.

5) Search doesn't work!

Rebuilding the post index will have to wait until after PM conversion is finished.

7) Something else is messed up!

Let me know on Discord or in this thread.

8) When Xenforo 2?

Next week, probably around the same time. It should go significantly faster, though there will be some hiccup steps. Conversions to support full utf8 emojis (what you see on Twitter), etc.

9) What comes then?

- Fix BBCode
- Enable emojis.
- Discord integration
- Bunches of other Xenforo 2 addons I want to add.
- Patreon integration (finally)
- Make an addon to help manage massive numbers of private conversations
- The return of site chat.
- Discord integration for site chat.
- Special project for Blue Moon.

=================================================================

Feel free to post further questions, concerns or issues in this thread. I will get to it as best I can.

Last edited:
Much more streamlined, very nice! I like the ease of use. Thank you :) (I like smiley faces ~ really look like SFs)

@Revnarh they're not private. They're like a wall.

Once we're on 2.0 people will have a lot more control over their user pages.

Point system. How do you earn points? I've already earned some, but I'm curious as to how to earn more. If this was already talked about, I apologize.

On a side note, look at my avatar. lol. Her head has been cut off.

Any idea what a while is? Not rushing just looking for an idea of if it will be a few hours or a week!

There seems to be no clear indication how much longer it will take, only that it will take a while. The next week or two Will likely have some bumps as everything is converted and adjusted.

We thank everyone for being patient during this time.

Using the new feed app on the side of the forum seems to be a good method of contacting and alerting users, if you're trying to get in touch with someone.

Last edited:
How can I like the comments/posts of others? Some of mine got liked, but I didn't find a like button anywhere so far.
Huh. I....don't think that's supposed to be possible, actually. As far as I understand, the Likes system in this migration is supposed to be disabled, since that was BMR's policy before. I could be mistaken and things have changed? (I rather hope not though, I actually quite agreed with the rationale behind the policy, myself)

EDIT: Ooh, I think I see, it seems "profile posts" can still be Liked, I'm seeing Likes on some of those (not sure how they got there though, can't see a Like button). Must be separate from normal post-liking, probably needs to be disabled separately.

It's going to take me a bit to get used to (like everyone else) but it looks soooo cool!

Wow, so I have to now roleplay on Discord, or is Blue Moon just being updated?

PMs will be available eventually, it's just taking a while to convert . I'm a liiiittle wary of how the new private system will work and for those of us who play via PM, things are a bit pointless now until the conversion is complete, but I will say it looks pretty darn spiffy and I know Vek knows PM is important to a lot of us and won't leave us hanging .

Back
Top Bottom