Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Incomplete list of things not to panic about.

What do you think?

• Ask me after beer.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want me mum!

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Zug zug.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • More work?

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • WHERE ARE MY PMS OH GOD!?

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • I am in my happy place.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • You are my happy place.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Rest in peace, old MyBB.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Good riddance, old MyBB.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I want my MyBB.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I fear change.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I hate change.

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Surely this could have been avoided?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I feel like I'm wasting a fortune just reading this.

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • I offer my JW pamphlet collection as sacrifice.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I offer this chicken as sacrifice.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I offer myself as sacrifice.

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • i'm sure there's nothing new here.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Ask me after coffee.

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
@Lurker I try to keep that off because people keep replying to them. I'm going to leave it off for conversations this time at least. >_>

I'll talk to staff about relaxing this in the mean time. There is also Discord/IM

Hmm. In my simulator it's hard to pick out the issue

- Is it people using colored text in threads?

- Can you see the links okay?

There are a handful of things that are hard to see because they don't matter and any changes are going away in a week.
For me it's just in the old system I had the ability to choose the color of my background. My eyes see white background, black text bethere be cause if you change the text color to say blue on a black background, I have to highlight it to read the text. I couldn't find it but someone's post heading was in purple and I couldn't see it at all against the black background. I would like the ability to choose or turnoff the background colour, and change text color to black is all

@Lurker I try to keep that off because people keep replying to them. I'm going to leave it off for conversations this time at least. >_>

I was under the impression that the FROM header is customizable in Xenforo, so setting it to something that would generate and autoreply should help with this problem (it would be even better to use REPLY TO).

Oh, and thank you! :)

Logs me off very quickly. In like 10-15 minutes. I don't know if this a mobile thing, or a site setting thing, and can it be set somewhere a little higher? Or do we want it logging us off that quickly?

Logs me off very quickly. In like 10-15 minutes. I don't know if this a mobile thing, or a site setting thing, and can it be set somewhere a little higher? Or do we want it logging us off that quickly?

When logging in, there’s a little checkbox you can click for ‘stay logged in’ that should prevent that. It’s at the very bottom of the login window space.

The session length without checking that is an hour. Something else is probably logging them out somehow.

I like the new look and features! Thanks for all the hard work! :)

Will the posts we did on other threads before the conversion show up on our profiles again or is that feature gone?

Click the button at the top of the page somewhere that says "watched Threads" depending on your profile settings, all replies you make a to a thread get subscribed.
There's a similar button near the top of a thread that says "watch thread", it'll get added to that list.

Click the button at the top of the page somewhere that says "watched Threads" depending on your profile settings, all replies you make a to a thread get subscribed.
There's a similar button near the top of a thread that says "watch thread", it'll get added to that list.

Yes, I've seen that but posts done before the conversion don't show up on my public profile unless I'm the one who created the thread.

When logging in, there’s a little checkbox you can click for ‘stay logged in’ that should prevent that. It’s at the very bottom of the login window space.
Thank you. Want to like your post but can't find the button.

@Bethany Farrell I've added the ability for members to switch back to the default template - widget on the bottom left of the site. 2.0 may work a bit differently, but still.

@Lurker I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest by that. I hope you're not suggesting I expose people's e-mails. If you are, that isn't even what that feature is referring to.

@Gypsy Rebuilding the post index will need to wait until after private conversations are done. Your posts will show up in your profile after that.

@Bethany Farrell I've added the ability for members to switch back to the default template - widget on the bottom left of the site. 2.0 may work a bit differently, but still.

@Lurker I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest by that. I hope you're not suggesting I expose people's e-mails. If you are, that isn't even what that feature is referring to.

@Gypsy Rebuilding the post index will need to wait until after private conversations are done. Your posts will show up in your profile after that.

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYT :) my eyes and brain ty from the bottom of its rods and cones lol

Thank you. Want to like your post but can't find the button.

I don't think they've implemented XF's post-liking yet. Should be brought in once they finish upgrading to XF2, or when they finish bringing the PMs over. One of the two.

Knowing that you appreciate it is enough for me though! Happy to help!

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYT :) my eyes and brain ty from the bottom of its rods and cones lol

Heya Bethany!

If you use chrome (it might work in others, but I use chrome so I can confirm it works) I would like to suggest this lovely little eye-relieving trick that I use for pages where I have issues seeing colors.

Code:
javascript:(function(){var newSS, styles='* { background: Black ! important; color: White !important } :link, :link * { color: #919356 !important } :visited, :visited * { color: #919356 !important }'; if(document.createStyleSheet) { document.createStyleSheet("javascript:'"+styles+"'"); } else { newSS=document.createElement('link'); newSS.rel='stylesheet'; newSS.href='data:text/css,'+escape(styles); document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(newSS); } })();

I used it for a text MMORPG where people were allowed to make their own profile and use colors. The amount of times someone had purple text (or neon green! Yikes!) on a black background would've killed my eyes if not for this thing.

How to use: Make a bookmark and just paste the code where the "URL" goes. If you go to a page that you want to change the text on, just click the bookmark and it changes it all without reloading the page. It's fully editable for the colors if you want to change the background and color from black / white to vice versa. I read a lot at night when my husband is asleep, so that's why it's a black background ;) It removes a few things like smilies and editor buttons, but that's never bothered me enough to fix.

The issue is there is only one from setting. It's not setup to discriminate between sending notices or announcements we may want to let people respond to.

2.0 is supposedly better, or I may be able to add it on.

Are the conversations going to be private? Or is that like the wall you were talking about? I'm just curious cause I know some people use it as a way to role play cause they don't want their stories for everyone to see.

The conversations are going to be like the Personal Messages, but shaped like a thread instead. So yeah, private.

OK, don't wanna be too Pollyanna here, but I have to say thanks for putting so much work into this... like, this is a totally free site unless individual members choose otherwise, yet the mods are working like crazy to get this new set up going and I for one want to say thanks! I admit I don't like it as much as the old one - yet - but most of that's the normal unfamiliarity and I'm pretty sure once we get used to it and everything's working we'll love it.

The conversations are going to be like the Personal Messages, but shaped like a thread instead. So yeah, private.
Thanks. That's what I thought but just misunderstood something that was said before about it being a wall.

Thanks. That's what I thought but just misunderstood something that was said before about it being a wall.
That was about the profile updates which can be see in both said profiles and in the right of the homepage.

So, with this new thread-style PM system - does that mean users can only have 1 thread conversation going per user?

Because I have multiple RPs with single users, and I also use seperate PMs for OOC. So if the conversion consolidates all these seperate PM convos into one big thread because they are with the same person, that will be a huge mess. LOL *nervous sweats*

So, with this new thread-style PM system - does that mean users can only have 1 thread conversation going per user?

Because I have multiple RPs with single users, and I also use seperate PMs for OOC. So if the conversion consolidates all these seperate PM convos into one big thread because they are with the same person, that will be a huge mess. LOL *nervous sweats*
The conversion should keep them separate as long as they had separate titles, so no, we are not limited to a single conversation per user.

Back
Top Bottom