Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you rather?

Hard question, how about I die (anonymously) while helping a noble cause?

Would you rather travel to Nepal or Paris and why?

Nepal, because it's less crowded, and because Nepal has some of the most extreme geography on the planet.

Would you rather be left at the altar, or leave your fiance at the altar?

Leave your fiance at the altar. Because I'm savage.

Would you rather have too much attention, or not enough attention? Factors to consider: no privacy, no alone time, total isolation etc.

I absolutely hate attention

Would you rather know how to cook incredibly or sing incredibly?

Cook. My dog thinks I sing like Pavarotti already. Not that he's ever had anything but rave reviews for anything I've ever cooked. Except Hellfire Chili. Which is pretty incredible...

Would you rather have an all expenses paid trip to Beijing or Moscow, and why?

@E_Nygma, I'd love to see your pup's reaction to hearing you sing! lol

Moscow because of the history (studied in school) and it's proximity to other countries I'd love to visit.

Would you rather have to opportunity to go back in time to fix something or go back in time to try an alternate choice (please provide details)?

@Sprite He's a 120 pound malamute/shepherd with one ear that stands up and one that is floppy and he dances around, tail wagging, charging me and trying to get me to chase him.

(This sounds almost like "Spin the Bottle" without a dare option... ;) ) This is more than of a "What If" than something that I obsess over. What would my life be like had I not chased and won the woman that became my wife. Not that I regret anything, but I had just turned nineteen. 33 years later, what would my life be like today had I not chased after my friend's girlfriend with such vigor? It would be interesting to know, but I wouldn't want to give up the life I've had.

Would you rather have an all expense paid trip to Alaska or Hawaii?

@E_Nygma, I appreciate you sharing about your dog (and life). I think you're answer is saying you wouldn't want to go back in time to fix anything or try an alternate route, both reflecting a person happy with their life. :)

Been to Hawaii so I'd go with Alaska ~ and not the big cities but the interior please.

Would you rather be the proud winner of a new tricked out motorcycle or a hybrid car, what type (brand and make) and why?

@Sprite He's a 120 pound malamute/shepherd with one ear that stands up and one that is floppy and he dances around, tail wagging, charging me and trying to get me to chase him.

(This sounds almost like "Spin the Bottle" without a dare option... ;) ) This is more than of a "What If" than something that I obsess over. What would my life be like had I not chased and won the woman that became my wife. Not that I regret anything, but I had just turned nineteen. 33 years later, what would my life be like today had I not chased after my friend's girlfriend with such vigor? It would be interesting to know, but I wouldn't want to give up the life I've had.

Would you rather have an all expense paid trip to Alaska or Hawaii?
Some people's RTs include how you and your wife me. You're living their dreams. lol

Some people's RTs include how you and your wife met. You're living their dreams. lol

It might make an interesting Slice of Life play, I guess, with some serious heartbreak being experienced several times, at times with the other person being oblivious to it happening. It is my strident belief that you just can't write fiction that is believable that could stand up well compared to the wild ride that is real life.

One thing that would be a hard sell in fiction:

After I took the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) and scored in the 97th percentile (that alone is hard to believe, considering I graduated high school with a D) and was in the Army Recruiter's office being told that I could write my own ticket with that score, do whatever I wanted, have any MOS. It was across the hall from the Navy Recruiter's Office, and I noticed the girl who would become my wife was in there talking to the recruiter. I absolutely, literally, hand to God told the Army Recruiter that I wanted her, pointing across the hall, and got up, left his office, walked across the hall, and that was how I got into the Navy. (We had been sort of dating for a year at that point, so it wasn't really creepy at all.)

Write that into a story in such a way that you don't get someone rolling their eyes at it. I dare you.

Motorcycle, because there is not an infrastructure up here to support the more modern hybrid vehicles. The dealers won't even sell them to you. The motorcycle of my dreams would be an Indian Roadmaster because I love the legend and the appearance of the machine. I wouldn't choose that though, because there is nowhere within 200 miles to get it serviced by someone certified to service it. So, it would be a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic. Paradoxically, the color would be black for better visibility.

Motorcycle, because there is not an infrastructure up here to support the more modern hybrid vehicles. The dealers won't even sell them to you. The motorcycle of my dreams would be an Indian Roadmaster because I love the legend and the appearance of the machine. I wouldn't choose that though, because there is nowhere within 200 miles to get it serviced by someone certified to service it. So, it would be a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic. Paradoxically, the color would be black for better visibility.
Well, if you got an Indian Roadmaster, you'd just have to service it yourself. (equipment and manual to do so would also be included in the package, lol)

Breathe air and water

Would you rather know how to fly or understand all the languages in the world (human)

Arms, imagine the multi-tasking that could be accomplished.
Would you rather sing like a rock star or look like one?

Sing like a rockstar. Fuck looking good. The voice makes money.

Would you rather eat never gain weight but everything is bland or everything taste amazing but you can only eat a little bit at a time?

The second one, I like the taste of sushi too much and can always excercise to lose some pounds.

Being able to travel to any point in the past without influencing anything or randomly predicting the future, but when you try to tell others in any way you forget everything?

I assume that you mean not influencing anything means that you can talk with people, but events play out as they otherwise would have. If that is the case, the past, definitely. If, instead, you mean that you can only observe and you cannot interact with anyone or anything, then the future. You can always write yourself notes and tell yourself to verify them to you learn to trust the notes from yourself, even if you forget where the knowledge came from when attempting to act on them. (As with purity tests, technicalities count!)

Would you rather be permanently invisible or always know what people within 30 feet of you are thinking, whether you want to know or not? I.e., you cannot block the knowledge without destroying your own mind, but you can isolate yourself -- for a while.

I meant that you can only observe the peop,e in the past and only yourself can know what you saw in your predictions as long as you don't try to tell others.

I'll take the reading minds of people within 30 feet. That's not as much as Saiki Kusuo has to deal with, his radius of reading minds is bigger and he can deal with it.

Being able to teleport only to places you already have been to or creating portals to random places on planet earth?

Teleport. While teleporting into a volcano would suck massively, it would be very rare. However, with 2/3 to 3/4 of the earth's surface water, random could really suck big time.

Would rather know the time of your death, or the manner of it? You can't know both and you must choose one.

I would prefer to know the time of my death so that I can live life to its fullest till the appointed time.

Would you prefer to go to sleep and be awakened by cramps in your legs or nightmares?

Nightmares. Fucking have woken to cramps after bad food or after working out. Not fun.

Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere once a day or run as fast as a car with high amounts of stamina?

Back
Top Bottom