Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you rather?

Hi, good to see you gaming 🙂

Racquetball, the more physical the better.

Thank you! And you don't have to chase the balls as far...

For holiday shopping, do you prefer online shopping or going out and actually shopping?

As much as I hate crowds, I prefer to see and touch the things I am shopping for, so in person. After midnight, c'est possible.

Cooked into your banana bread, would you rather have walnuts or chocolate chips?

Man! (mouth watering) Can’t I have both? 😋

Which is preferred Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas Day, which in my home consists of a breakfast of citrus fruits, (excellent) aged cheddar cheese, summer sausage, hot cocoa, and spending time with my wife. (Decades in big-box retail have left a bad taste in my mouth regarding gift-giving.)

Oatmeal-raisin cookies or toll-house with M&Ms and peppermint?

Oatmeal raisin cookies. For me, M&Ms are for eating alone and not baked 😋. But honestly, homemade cookies of any sort is delicious.

Would you prefer Nesquik or Mexican hot cocoa?

I've never had Mexican cocoa, but I make a pretty meat chili that has dark chocolate added to a very positive effect. Also has limes, oranges, apples, passion fruit, and every variety of fresh or dried pepper we can find, heavy on the habanero. So, I'd go with the Mexican. I do have Nestle (or similar), but with extra chocolate and honey added usually, and warmed choc milk instead of water. (Who puts water in cocoa? Ptui!)

Coke or Pepsi? (They do not taste the same. Pepsi is sweeter, Coke has a slightly bitter aftertaste.)

Your meat chili sounds delicious. I really enjoy spicy food.

Coke for the burn.

Would you prefer going to the winter or summer olympics, all expenses paid?

Winter. Bobsled, luge, ice skating, speed skating, biathlon, etc. The only thing I would really miss from the summer games would be the gymnastics. I watched (via television) the first perfect 10 in an Olympic gymnastic competition. Nadia Comaneci was spell-binding, and Olga Korbut was still something to behold.

Football: European or American?

Not sure what the wheel or fire is about so I'm making my own assumptions. The wheel? Yes, if you mean a ferris wheel. :) Fire as in wood fire pizza? Yes, count me in!!! So, between the two, the stomach will always win. :LOL:

A white Christmas or a Christmas spent in Jamaica, sitting on a white sand beach, drinking rum and coke?

Wheel and fire are methods of torture, both horrific. With the wheel, you are bound to a literal wheel and every bone in your body is systematically broken, usually with a hammer or club. Fire is, well, any number of ways of employing damaging heat to the human body. Being burned alive is probably the simplest, and probably the most merciful, as the end is always death. At least, in medieval terms. With industrial means, falling into a giant crucible of molten metal would be over in seconds. I opted not to make a choice.

For just Christmas, Jamaica. For the season, though, give me the Keweenaw Peninsula any day. Roughly 250 inches of snow can be expected in any given winter, which can stretch from November to May, though usually is only December to April. The joke is that we don't ever have summer up here, just two weeks of bad sledding. In truth, our summers are as beautiful as you can imagine in a mountainous forest.

Would you rather spend one week every season in Toronto or Tijuana? All expenses paid, and you can't alternate.

Wheel and fire are methods of torture, both horrific. With the wheel, you are bound to a literal wheel and every bone in your body is systematically broken, usually with a hammer or club. Fire is, well, any number of ways of employing damaging heat to the human body. Being burned alive is probably the simplest, and probably the most merciful, as the end is always death. At least, in medieval terms. With industrial means, falling into a giant crucible of molten metal would be over in seconds. I opted not to make a choice.

For just Christmas, Jamaica. For the season, though, give me the Keweenaw Peninsula any day. Roughly 250 inches of snow can be expected in any given winter, which can stretch from November to May, though usually is only December to April. The joke is that we don't ever have summer up here, just two weeks of bad sledding. In truth, our summers are as beautiful as you can imagine in a mountainous forest.

Would you rather spend one week every season in Toronto or Tijuana? All expenses paid, and you can't alternate.
Haha, @E_Nygma, I'm a stickler for games and wording, which is why I answered the way I did. Yes, I'm well versed in forms of torture. :geek:

So you live in Michigan? :) I've heard very nice things about the state but must say that much snow would boggle my brain.

Toronto, please. A very good friend lives there and my experience is the people are very friendly.

Would you rather be a character in the movie of your choice or have your life be an ongoing drama?

Yes, Michigan, on the finger of land that sticks up into Lake Superior. The lake generally keeps up from getting ridiculously cold, but we get pounded with snow as a consequence. The snow is generally of the champagne variety, very light and dry, perfect for skiing and snowmobiling. Winter tourism is our lifeline.

My life is an ongoing drama, so I'll choose the other.

Would you rather be the hero that sacrifices everything to preserve what is right, of the villain that lives like a rock star until the hero eventually prevails?

Yes, Michigan, on the finger of land that sticks up into Lake Superior. The lake generally keeps up from getting ridiculously cold, but we get pounded with snow as a consequence. The snow is generally of the champagne variety, very light and dry, perfect for skiing and snowmobiling. Winter tourism is our lifeline.

My life is an ongoing drama, so I'll choose the other.

Would you rather be the hero that sacrifices everything to preserve what is right, of the villain that lives like a rock star until the hero eventually prevails?
I like your question but can’t answer since I’d prefer anonymity.
Your home sounds very picturesque 🙂

My home is very picturesque. Think, dense forests in the north on the peninsula, and at the south, along the base. Pretty much everywhere that hasn't been cut out for civilization, of that isn't cedar swamp. We are surrounded on three sides by Lake Superior, which is beautiful both in its calmness and its rage and fury. The summers are short, vibrant, and warm, springing from the muddy leftovers of all the snow melting in March and April, and the fall colors are a sight to behold in the second week of October.

As to the question, there is nothing saying that the hero receives fame whatsoever, but I suppose if you value anonymity and lost everything, you would lose that as well.

Would you rather hear voices that aren't there or here the thoughts of everyone around you?

Mind reading would be simultaneously curiosity-satisfying, and heartbreakingly honest. Even still, I'd do it in an instant, given the chance.

Would you rather blurt out your thoughts without any control or filter, or be unable to express them accurately, simply incapable of ever finding the right words?

Both would be unbearable, but I think I can do a better job of not having thoughts that can be verbalized than I am at pantomime. I choose the former.

Would you rather love everyone you meet unconditionally or never feel love in your life?

What’s all this with kissing? lol

I enjoy kisses so I am forced to the first option.

would you rather slide on the ice butt naked or slide on shattered glass wearing a wetsuit?

I'm already nearly a polar bear, so I'll take the ice easily.

Would you rather read a book from an electronic device (Kindle, etc) or from a physical, paper version of the same book?

Paper version, unless the book is huge and heavy.

Would you rather be online or sleep?

Hmmm. Well, I'm online, so regardless of what I may think I want, that is what I am choosing. Though sleep will come soon enough.

Would you rather listen to an audiobook or attend a live reading by a talented orator?

Always a live reading. Why listen to a stand-in when you can listen to the real thing!

Would you rather travel lightly through Europe, deciding what to do as you arrive at a new destination or travel with a lot of suitcases and part of a custom tour?

The first please, I hate being singled out. There's safety in anonymity.

Would you rather remain at home and chat with friends online or meet them in a tiny café, not far from home (a cozy place with good coffee)?

Personally, I like snow but not so much that I want to play a long time in the stuff. So downhill (plus the rush of speed!)

Would you rather live in a place with four seasons or in a place like the tropics, with maybe two seasons (rainy/dry) at most?

Back
Top Bottom