Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fibers of Fate (Jovialtraveler x MysteriousD)

"The happy couple going to the mall," Senketsu said with a smirk, though Diego blushed yet smiled at the same time. However, he also went and grabbed Ryuko's hand while they were walking on the way over to her apartment. "I'm glad you're my girlfriend... you're amazing," he said to her with a smile.

“Thanks....” she smiled, “that means a lot to me. You’re great guy, you know.” Ryuko looked around. “Diego... I want you to be safe, alright? That’s why I want to train you.”

Diego blushed and smiled at hearing her compliment. "Yeah, I know. I've just never been good in terms of physical stuff," Diego confessed to her before he chuckled. "Of course, I actually know how to use a gun so that's something," he added. "I was raised in the southern part of the USA and so guns were treasured there... almost unhealthily. I never was fully interested, but I learned the basics when I found out about the cult," he explains.

“That’s good. Never really had a chance to use one. Closest thing I’ve seen in real life is some weird sewing-needle launcher.... it’s as weird as it sounds, and stings like hell.”

"That sounds crazy," Diego said, wondering a sewing needle launcher. "Didn't Senketsu say you were afraid of needles?" Diego asked her curiously.

"Yeah, but I think it's because she's afraid of long phallic objects due to her naivety and fear of sexual intimacy," Senketsu said before he spouted laughing, surprised he could say with a straight face while Diego nearly tripped and his face redder than the Scissor Blade over Senketsu's comment.

“THAT’S NOT-“ Ryuko’s face almost matched her highlight, and she looked away, covering her face with one of her hands. “Okay.... maybe that’s a little true.”

Diego nearly tripped again at hearing Ryuko's outburst, but he caught his footing, before he was looking to Ryuko. There was a bit of an awkward silence before Diego took a breath.

"Well, I'm afraid of needles too cause I don't like being poked with sharp objects. And there's nothing wrong with being nervous about that sort of stuff," Diego said, trying to comfort Ryuko.

She smiles and gently placed a hand on his cheek, kissing him, lips pressing softly against his own, hesitant, unsure. Ryuko then slowly steps away, holding his hand. “Let’s just get you those gym clothes.”

Diego gently returned the kiss to Ryuko, trying his best to reassure her. He squeezed her hand in response. "Yeah, all right," Diego told her with a smile. It wasn't long before they ended up reaching a mall. "I heard alot of places basically had to use leftover clothing or old clothing that was leftover before the rise of the corporation and that'd it be a while before new clothing would be made, aside from those made by local tailors," Diego commented as he saw the entrance coming up.

“You’d be surprised how fast capitalism gets to work. After all, there’s a lot of demand, so enterprising businesses were happy to supply.” Ryuko smiles. “Now we just have way too many clothes stores trying to sell their stuff at a lower price than the competition.”

"Yeah, but there's already a large amount of supply and more people have been growing disdainful of capitalism with the real life example of a mega corp taking over," Diego commented before they entered the mall. And indeed she had a point. He recognized alot of clothes from some of the stores, mainly because they were just so retro. Heck, one store sold clothes as basically cloth for projects like making pillows, blanekts or other things.

"Where should we start?" he asked ehr,

“It’s great that people are so overstocked on clothes. It makes them nice and cheap for the consumer. As for the megacorp.... yeah, anti-monopoly laws are getting a lot tighter.... this way.” She pulls him towards a sporting clothes store.

Diego smiled at her before they were heading to a sporting clothes store. "Oh wow, some of these pieces of clothings I recognied back when I was a kid and saw high schoolers wear them. It's like the 90s all over again," Diego commented with a chuckle on his face as he looked around. He did take note of the sweatpants or the shorts.

“Heh. Well most people don’t care as long as they’ve got something to wear over their underwear.” Ryuko smiles. “You’ll want shorts. They’re less prone to trapping heat.”

“Yeah, that makes sense. I actually like wearing cargo shorts. I love all the pockets,” Diego said before he got some comfortable feeling gym shorts. He also found a couple of gym shorts.

“You come here often?” He asked her.

“I’ve come here a few times. I’m... really not the type to buy clothes just to buy them. I buy clothes to cover up and stay warm.” Ryuko said. “We’ll train with boffer versions of our weapons.”

"Yeah, that makes sense. I'm kinda the same. For me, the stuff I like to buy were books and things like that," Diego told Ryuko as he got his clothing and was going over to pay for their clothing. "Though the Needle's power is to mnaipulate the Life fiber clothing the cultists will likely wear," he muttered to her quietly.

“Diego, I’d rather not have you touching me in that particular way.” Ryuko whispers. “The cultist did, and it just felt wrong. Like if someone decided to slide their hands down your pants without asking. I know you wouldn’t do anything to me, but....”

"You know I would never do that to you... ever," Diego went to look Ryuko in the eye with a serious look. "You have my word and when I give my word, I do everything to fulfill it. A man without his word is not a man. That's what my dad taught me," he added before he embraced Ryuko to reassure her.

She hugged his waist, turning her head to the side so her cheek was against his shoulder. “I know. I just said I knew you wouldn’t.” Ryuko felt a bit awkward about being this close, but.... it was nice.

Diego smiled as he felt her hug him back. He wanted to make her feel comfortable, safe and secure. "Everything will be all right," he said to her.

"Don't be scared to show how much you care for him," Senketsu told Ryuko.

“Well, if we have everything, we should pay for it. We could take a tour of the mall beforehand though. I’ve never been in one in Japan before,” Diego noted to her with a smile.

Ryuko smiles, nodding. “I’m not sure it’s that different, though. Just a bunch of stores and carts.” She slipped her hand into his and squeezed gently.

“True, but I like any opportunity to spend time with you,” Diego responded to her with a smile as he squeezed her hand back and looked around the mall with their stuff.

“That and admittingly we don’t have a place to train,” Senketsu noted

Back
Top Bottom