Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fibers of Fate (Jovialtraveler x MysteriousD)

"As if... it would be okay. I was nothing... No job, no relationship... no future. Then he came. He offered me a job... a home, a purpose. When I put on the robe, I felt safe. Secure. A voice told me where to go and my goal... I would do anything to achieve it" the cultist said as he relaxed into the bed.

"The leader... he would a proper uniform, the nicest looking one. He wore... the mask of the Goddess," he told her.

“What godde- Ragyo.” Ryuko scowled. “So clearly you’re well equipped, it seems. How did you know how to control life fibers? And why capture me?”

“Not her... she... they considered her... the false prophet. The ignorant one. The true goddess was she who made the fibers,” the cultist corrected to Ragyo.

“The fibers were into my body and I heard the whispering of the goddess through them, telling me to try and capture you. She says you are the vessel,” he added to her.

“I don’t want to be anyone’s vessel. Who is this goddess, then? Is she related to me at all? How does she control the fibers? Where’s your-“ this cultist probably saw it not as a base, but as a “temple?”

“She is the spinner of fate, the pulled of the strings and the binder of life. She will bring us sanctuary from madness,” the cultist said as his eyes glossed over briefly before he stirred.

“Her sacred name is only known to the Lord of the Loom, our leader,” he manages to say more normally. However, when Ryuko asked where the temple is, he stirred. “Pearl... Pearl...” he said before his eyes closed.

“I think he went unconscious once more,” Diego said after a little while of silence.

“Pearl?” Ryuko was left trying to figure out where, with only word to go off of. “Yeah, looks like it.” She sighs. “Sorry. You didn’t get to ask him anything. I’m sure you had a few questions.”

“Not much that you didn’t ask. Besides, we can try and ask more when he recovers unless we find more cult members,” Diego said, wondering what he could’ve meant by Pearl.

“Though he also mentioned about something making the Life Fibers,” he added with some thought.

“And being someone, or something’s, vessel... that doesn’t sound appealing in the slightest.” She enjoyed being herself... most days. And even when she didn’t, she still wouldn’t want to be anyone else.

“How about we go do something to lighten the mood?” Diego said as he grabbed Ryuko’s hand and began leading her out the door and their way to the exit of the hospital.

“Though more on what he said on having direction. Definitely seems like a cult. It preys on the insecurities and hopelessness of people to provide them a better tomorrow,” Diego said before he saw Senketsu lean over a bit on the paper.

“I got his address. He has a place in Japan,” Senketsu noted.

“Huh. Probably snapping up a bunch of people from the island, who miss the life fibers. Lord knows most of them wouldn’t know how to piss without being told how.” Ryuko said, before smiling at him. “Sorry. I’ll try to use better metaphors.”

“Well, we need to find a way to check up on this. For all we know, he wasn’t from the island at all,” Diego said before he smiled back at her.

“What do you wanna do now?” He asked her.

“Pearl.... pearl.....” Ryuko was muttering to herself. “Well we aren’t going to find their base anytime today. May as well see if we can get the gang back together.”

"Well, we should probably call them to meet up somewhere, though we'd need to scheculde since most may have plans for today," Diego told her while they were walking out of the hospital. "Guess you two love birds have the day for yourselves," Senketsu commented to the two of them.

Ryuko smiles at Senketsu’s comment. “I will. For now, let’s just relax and have fun... we probably won’t have much time for it once things get really intense.”

“Maybe we can go to an amusement park or something,” Diego offered to her with a smile on his face as he saw Ryuko’s smile. She was a wonderful person to be around and he wanting to spend as much time with her as he could.

Ryuko nods. She was astonished at how much she enjoyed being with him, and while part of her still felt uncomfortable with this whole dating thing, she still knew that she was loving every second of it. “That sounds great. Oh wait, better idea; A karaoke bar.”

"Oh wow! I heard those were famous here and I never went to one. You think any would be open right now? It's not even lunch," Diego asked her as his hand was locked nicely with hers while they were taking in the nice scenary around them.

“Well they actually have businesses just for karaoke, so even if we can’t find a bar, I’m sure we can find something.”

“That sounds like fun!” Diego told her with a smile while they were walking. “Maybe we can find a place that would also serve for lunch while karaoke,” he noted to her.

“Maybe we can take a walk in the park meanwhile,” he suggested to her, pointing out a small park for them.

“I most of the places I know do serve food too, they even give you a menu when you ask for a room.” Ryuko nodded, steering him towards the park.

“Diego, I know we’ve been able to spend a lot of time together, mostly because you found me on the weekend, but I’ve got school, and a part time job. That’s going to eat up time.”

"I know, which is why I want to be able to enjoy as much time with you as I can," Diego told Ryuko with a smile as he squeezed her hand. "I'll be there to help you with whatever you need," he added as he leaned in to kiss her on the cheek in a moment of boldness,

She leans in and kisses his shoulder in return, walking down the path. Ryuko was truly quite fond of him already, and she wished they didn’t meet when the world was about to be in danger.

“You two are sweet,” Senketsu says with a smile. Diego began looking around the park. It was a pretty quiet day and they had the park pretty much to themselves. “How was it like when you were a kid,?” Diego wondered out loud as he was looking around.

“Lonely, I guess. Dad always made sure that I knew how to defend myself, and taught me that I needed to hide from the people looking for me... I guess that’s part of why I had so many issues when I had to show some skin. It didn’t feel safe, I think.....”

Diego paused as he was listening to Ryuko’s explanation before he went and embraced her tightly. He knew what it was like growing up lonely. Yes he had had his parents and his younger brother, but they couldn’t always be there and his relationship with his younger brother wasn’t always the best.

“You’re not alone anymore. You have a lot of people that care about you now, including me,” Diego told her with a smile before he kissed her forehead, growing more confident in himself with his affections for her.

Back
Top Bottom