Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Parallel (LunarWolf and Guardian)

"that is probably true given what we know I honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did" Iris leaned back a little and leaned against one of the posts and let out a sigh

Ariel just shook her head a bit and was drawing her knees to her chest, her hair falling over her shoulders.

Iris reached over and gripped her hand "we will get through it you and I both survived living with that monster for an extended period of time we can get through what ever he sends our way"

Ariel just looked towards Iris before she was giving a small shake of her head before she spoke, "I envy you.... to put on a facade of not being afraid. I see through it though. I can't even fake it.... trying to act like I'm not afraid. I'm terrified.... that man..... is a cruel monster." It wasn't long before there was a knock on the door and Raphael was sweeping into the room wearing her maid outfit, and she was pushing a cart with food on it. Honestly both Iris and Ariel only allowed certain people to even enter the room at that point in time.

"I know but masking it kept me alive while he loved seeing the fear on your face" Iria liked that she couldn't hide her feelings it helped her know that Ariel was being true when she said something. Iris then looked at the other female when she walked in to the room with food and smiled a little "at least we get better food now"

"I just can't hide the fear.... I've never been able to." Ariel spoke with a shake of her head before she was looking over at Raphael. The blonde haired woman was giving a faint chuckle before she, "I cooked it." With that she was taking lids off of the food so that they could get a bite to eat.

"I know" Iris reached over and picked up a piece of food and then popped it in to her mouth and gave a slight moan of pleasure at the taste

"Also Ariel, I was suppose to inform you that Alaric has woken up finally. He doesn't really have recollection of what has happened. The demon's doctors aren't quite sure how to take it, and have asked if you would be willing to look him over as well. Also Iris.... the council wishes to speak to you and your brother. They have proposed an idea of uniting the kingdoms." Raphael spoke after a brief moment in time, which had Ariel just looking a bit confused as well.

"thank you, I will be there soon we just need to eat and nothing will be decided without you there" Iris was looking at Ariel at that point in time so that the female knew what was going on and that she wouldn't agree to anything without the females ok as it concerned both their kingdoms

"Oh I trust you... it is just strange that.... the council was making a decision such as this without even consulting anybody else first." Ariel spoke after a moment in time before she was grabbing an apple from the cart, and taking a bite out of it.

"I know I plan on talking to them about it when I see them" Iris knew what they were doing wasn't right and she was going to have a word with them all.

"Well if you think about it. The king passed away, and Iris hasn't been named queen, and Ian stated that he didn't want the throne. This means that until Iris is named official queen, then the council is in charge." Raphael pointed out after a moment in time. Which meant they could basically do what ever they wanted. Ariel was just giving a small frown before she spoke, "If you will excuse me so I can go check on Alaric." With that she was giving a small bow and leaving the room, Rose seeming to materialize next to her.

Iris stood up and then straightened her back "they will find out real fast I may not be crowned yet but I am not going to let them control these people" Iris may not know how to act like a queen or even a princess but she had seen rulers like this and she wasn't going to let it happen again.

After a good half an hour, Ariel was following after Rose towards where everybody had decided that they were going to meet up. Rose was currently telling her queen about how Iris had attempted to show the council who was boss, but at that point in time it had failed. At least for the time being, at the current point they didn't have any respect for anybody. But that would change once somebody finally took over.
"About time you decided to show up." one of the council members scoffed with Rose and Ariel walked in, which had Ariel just giving a small bow and apologize for being late. Rose was just rolling her eyes before she spoke, 'Oh shut up you damn geezers. You were the idiots that decided to call this random meeting as it was, no warning or anything. And you never technically gave a time, just told everybody to get here as soon as possible."
Ariel just watched before she was going over and standing next to Iris, just clutching her hands in front of her.
"We have decided that we are wanting to unite the kingdoms. So it had been decided that the prince of the demon realm is now officially engaged to the queen of Aetherial. And we have decided that the coronation of Iris shall be in two months time from today." one of the older of the council spoke which had Ariel just looking up a bit startled, and she went to say something although never did. No.... she had learned not to argue. And some of these people.... terrified her.

this announcement had her brother frowning but it was Iris who spoke up "no they won't if the two of them do not wish to get married they will not this is not something opened for debate" Iris's had twitched a little and the Scythe she now carried on her wrist glowed the weapon responding to her irritation and agitation. Iris had already spoken with the head priest and would be crowned in a matter of a few days time

"You little girl should really learn to not speak back to your elders." one of the council members spoke in a sharp voice, as he was getting to his feet. The youngest of them all, and probably the most intimidating all at the same time. "This is to keep the peace between the kingdoms, and to make both more powerful." one of the others spoke up after a moment in time. Rose was just watching for a moment in time from where she was leaning against the wall, before she was moving forward so that she could go stand next to Ariel, speaking to her softly at that point in time. "My queen states that if this is the only way to keep the peace, then she will go through with it, if Lord Ian wishes to go through with it as well." Rose spoke after a moment in time, being Ariel's voice. She was just attempting to mellow everything out, and engagements were easy enough to call off. It would just be a temporary thing as it was.

Iris let her temper lose and the scythe formed fully in her hand and she swung it up and pointed it at him all around she coudl hear gasps and saw several people dropped to their knee's bowing as they knew she was the true ruler "and you better learn that I take crap from no one I lived with that evil bastard all of my life you don't scare me and as for making peace between the kingdoms a simple treaty will do that and our kingdoms are powerful enough and as for my coronation it will not be in two months as I have spoken to the head priest and it will be in two days time you don't like it then leave" Iris was done taking orders from people and she was going to make it well known

"One thing a good ruler should learn and quickly. It is not okay to take your anger out on your subjects. I don't see a ruler, I see a child thinking that she is a ruler. If this is how you are going to handle all situations, by lashing out then I feel sorry for your people." Rose spoke in a sharp voice which had Ariel scolding her a bit and telling her to be nice. "No. I love and respect you but I will not be polite at this point in time. Her lashing out like that.... she mind as well be the female version of Apocalypse. Just less violent." Rose snapped before she was turning on her heel and striding out of the room. Ariel just seemed unsure of what to do before she was giving a small bow to Iris and apologizing for Rose before she was running after the red head.

"its fine Ariel" Iris wasn't like the male and she wasn't taking anger from one person out on another her anger from the people in the room was directed right back at them. with that, she turned and walked out of the room her point having been made. Iris then walked to the village and in the walk, her anger calmed and her weapon returned to its spot. if Rose had followed her or even walked into the village and saw her she would see that Iris wasn't like that male her anger had been taken out and directed on the right people and not on innocents

Ariel was scolding Rose at that point in time although it wasn't long before Rose was just turning on her heel, red hair whipping behind her. "No! I will not apologize! Her anger was misplaced completely! She had no right to say that to them because until she is coronated, they are in control. I've already looked at the papers left behind by the former king. There is a clause in there that states that if the council feels that the ruler isn't fit to be king or queen, that despite them being named king or queen they have no power. It is the same as in Aetherial and every other kingdom in the world. Her acting out like that, and being so rude to her elders.... well this will result in them deciding that she isn't fit to be queen. She will be nothing more than a figurehead. It is is the same within the elven territory as well. The king is just a figure head, yet again he is just a child practically, but regardless." Rose spoke after a moment in time before she was continuing off, not wanting to listen to anything at that point in time. Nope she was going to go out on a jog so that she could cool down. It wasn't long before Raphael was seeming to materialize next to Ariel, and the blonde was commenting, "As hot headed as her father." "Worse. But I still trust her with my life." Ariel spoke although it wasn't long before her attention was turning towards one of the council members that came out of the building, striding towards them.

Ian walked up and then looked at them "Iris is the same as her mother was her anger wasn't misplaced with the advisors arranging an engagement without talking to either of us was stupid and my father's papers are null in void he wasn't mentally fit at the time of his will being written for the second time his first one still stands and I hold the only copy of it." Ian then looked at the advisor who was walking up to them

"That is a universal law! It was agreed upon by all of the races. That is the purpose for the councils. Should they not find their damn rulers fit to be ruler, then the king or queen is nothing more than a figure head." the advisor spoke in a sharp voice. It was a valid point, it had been something that all of the races had agreed upon long ago. Ariel was giving a small nod of her head before she spoke, "That may true but.... she still shouldn't have lashed out like that. One must always think rationally, and think of the outcome should they lash out. Now the council will never agree with her on anything, and there are many things where council agreement is needed." With that she was looking towards Raphael who was giving a nod of her head before the blonde haired woman spoke, "Basically despite Iris being the queen, the council can still make her life hell without actually doing anything."
"That bastard shouldn't even being being named queen. She is nothing more than a child that our once great king just happened to sire. Even her own concubine mother didn't want her." the council member spoke and was soon enough vanishing with an explosion of dark magic. This had Raphael shifting a bit so that she was more standing in front of Ariel so that she didn't really feel the dark magic that burst out.
"Man is everybody here childish as fuck. I'm so ready to return to Aetherial. I don't blame Rose for leaving to go back." Raphael mumbled as she ran in fingers through her hair which had Ariel looking a bit startled to learn that her companion had left without saying anything. Yet again, Rose tended to do whatever she wanted, when she wanted. Or when she knew that Ariel was going to be safe without her around. And she was most definitely safe with Raphael around.

Ian looked at her and then spoke to Raphael "would you be willing to do me a favor I feel like something is off about the council, my father never had this kind of issue and he often spoke of Iris taking over and as for her mother, she died in childbirth it was kept from the people so the fact that he said her own mother didn't want her sends up a red flag for me" Ian would keep Ariel safe but he needed someone to find out if his suspicion was correct

Raphael looked towards him before she spoke, "It could also be because she is a female and the fact that she is a bastard child." But yeah she would look into it, she would be able to gather more information more easily. With that she was turning towards the male and spoke, "My queen's safety is in your hands then. If anything happens to her.... I will kill you myself." After that Raphael was looking towards Ariel and giving a bow before she was just seeming to vanish away.

Ian let out a sigh "I wish people would quit calling her a bastard my father never married after my mother died but Iris's mother was his only consort they just never married" Ian wished people would try to get to know his sister's true personality and how sweet she truly was

Back
Top Bottom