Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Romance (Haku and Wiki234)

"....Not really.... Mama wouldn't let me bring my wallet today anyway.... I don't know why though"
They didn't really say much the rest of the way back to her house, and due to a bit of a delay in the train, quite the rarity in japan in general, let alone tokyo, they actually didn't get back to Sakura's house until the sun started to set.
"It took longer to get back here than usual. Sorry i kept you out this late. And i'll be sure to pay you back for paying for my movie ticket and all the snacks. Good night, Riku-san"
She bowed to him and then got her keys out to go inside.

He simply shrugged, standing there for a moment before taking her hand to get her attention and turning it over so her hand was open. “ or you could maybe pay me back by inviting me over for food more...” he teased as well of course seeing that he kind of actually liked the food and would even want to go back again at least if he could. “ and I had a bit of fun today, so just take this then I guess in a weird way this is a really good token to remember our first real hangout out of school or something...I’ll let you hold onto it. Whenever I see it I can remember the day...” pulling the keychain from his pocket and putting it into her hand before closing it and letting go. “ would look weird if I kept it, but since I see you then I would be able to see it from your bag and remember...” with that he let go of her and turned to slowly start to leave now.

"Eh?"
She wasn't expecting her hand to be grabbed out of nowhere. She turned to him, looking at him quizzically, not sure why he did it. Then he put something into her hand. He turned to walk away, and she looked at the key chain in her hand. Then as he was about to walk away she grabbed his shirt to make him stop. When he turned around he was met with her latching onto him, hugging him tightly. Then she looked up at him, and she was practically a different girl. For the first time since they met, she was genuinely smiling, even having tears in her eyes.
"Thank you!"
She even spoke with happiness in her voice, losing her usual monotone. Just for a moment as she quickly turned around to go into her house, she clutched the key chain to her chest, her smile changing a little, turning sweet like a child that just got a christmas present they really wanted. In a second she was inside her house, the door closed. Inside she was leaning against her door, looking at the key chain and smiling.

Taking a few stepped he suddenly stopped at the rapid movement behind him, no time to react as she threw herself at him with a hug as he was slightly confused and felt awkward thought the expression quickly changing to a small smile as he wrapped his arms around her for a moment before letting go and scratching the back of his head his. “ I was thinking of not doing that until I had that thought. I should get something to be able to remember this and I couldn’t find anything but it seemed you did...” giving a small explanation as he soon turned and left finally back to his house so they could start the last day before school again. Right now it didn’t seem too special for him, but still he enjoyed that fact. The first time he could make something new and amazing work now.

Sunday slipped by uneventfully and then came monday. Like every day, Sakura was already at school and in her seat, and she was once again reading a manga. This time however, one thing was different. When Riku walked into the classroom, Sakura looked up at him and waved. She was once again wearing that stoic face, but she still tore herself away from a manga just to wave at him, which was impressive in its own right.
"Good morning, Riku-kun"

As school started again, so did the particularly simple routine of getting ready with his bag and walking over. Eventually he made it to the lockers and now then the classroom where he walked in to finally see a few different people before hearing the girl and looking over, “ Hey...you seem different already...” not really caring about the unsurprising observation but not really expecting it either much anyway. With that he sat down leaning back and giving a wave back before starting to wait for the class to start.

"Different? Am i being different?"
Class began and she put her manga away, Takeuchi-sensei walking in.
Takeuchi-alright class, time to start the day, Mikoto-san put the....oh, you....already put it away....Excellent job, let's get to today's lesson then.
The other students laughed at his habit, granted a justified one, then settled down for class. Sakura reached into her bag and now that attention was drawn to it, Riku could see the key chain he bought for her attached to her bag. Their first two classes ended, then PE came and went. Finally they met up to go to their usual spot for lunch.

With the day boringly going by, Riku didn’t really put any real effort into anything since it was already starting to be tiring and boring to be a high schooler but at least getting into the much more independent kind of life as a high schooler now which was mostly something that was a better change than before. Eventually their classes ended as usual before meeting up again as it was oddly cool to be able to not worry about food in school at all since it this was better and that they were even sharing and also even being a regular thing. Finally walking slowly over to the same place he waited for a moment before seeing her again and looking over at the bag to see of course the keychain now. It felt a bit more special to him just from the fact that it was different but good to be seeing it again but also in school.

They started eating as per usual.
"So, Riku-kun, after school.... Do you want to go get ice cream? Since you paid for... Well everything on Saturday, i just wanted to repay you somehow.... And, to thank you.... Truthfully i've...Never actually gotten a real gift from anyone but relatives. Especially for no reason at all"
At the second half of what she said, she averted her eyes and blushed, just a little bit.

“ well I was kinda thinking that it was because you took me to your house to eat and you got me ice cream for mostly no reason other than I managed to make you see me as a friend...” giving a shrug before he thought for a moment and continued, “ but that wasn’t why I bought for you just cause of that or anything. After thinking about it for a bit yesterday after I gave it to you...I thought that...I see that now to me it means something more than a gift to repay those but something more...it’s the reason I told you yesterday. I see it now as a symbol of something that I’ll never forget...something I care about a lot now...” it was something to remind him of the day where he could smile and have fun for a while, something that would remind him of the most amazing beginning that gave him a reason to try hard and keep both of them close each other’s as friends especially as their first hangout together.

Hearing that made her blush properly.
"Oh....Uhm.... In that case..... How about we get ice cream to hang out? It'll just happen to be my treat"
She was having trouble looking him in the eye without blushing now, and even started to play with her food a bit.
"If you're busy though that's fine too... We don't need to be together all the time or anything. Sometimes we're together, other times we aren't, that's normal.... We're friends after all, we do things like go shopping and see romance movies that turn out to be horror movies where i grab you to feel safer and then you buy me juice to help me calm down and then you walk me home at sunset and give me a gift i didn't even tell you i wanted then we hug and-"
Her grip on her chopsticks got so tight, one of them actually broke. Every word she said made her face get redder and redder until her head was so red you'd expect steam to start shooting from her ears any second. While she still maintained her monotone voice, she kept speaking faster with every few words.

"I'm sorry i... I have to use the restroom"
She grabbed her bag and bolted off, probably faster than she ever ran in PE, and in no time she had gone back into the school and into the girl's restroom, where she stayed the remainder of the lunch break.

With a sigh he leaned back and relaxed, taking in the casual moment and not really thinking much of anything as he continued to eat slowly with her and just relax. He sat there listening for a bit before hearing one of her broken chopsticks and looking over at her wondering what was happening before seeing her face oddly red but not noticing it was more of a full blown blush before continuing to watch her suddenly leave like that in a total rush and leaving him with the bento. He was a bit awkwardly confuse but at least he had some vague idea that maybe she felt the same or just wanted to really be thankful for even just that one good time. With that he was alone, still having mostly a lot left in the box and managing to eat some of it but stiill having just a bit too much food as he closed the box when he was done and slowly got up, closing the box and carrying it with him back so he could give to her later if he even managed to see her anyway.

Was his somewhat long meaningful rambling do something to her? Was she a bit embarrassed by it or was it something else? He didn’t really get it but of course just decided to ignore it now then.

Lunch ended and sakura was the last one in the classroom just before the bell. For the remainder of the day, while she didn't ignore Riku, she also couldn't look him in the eye without blushing and looking away. She also kept stumbling over her words, which was something she never did. She took her bento back and thanked him, even though it took a minute to actually say it, and then when school ended she quickly left school and went straight home.

With a sigh he finally walked back to the class, finally seeing that she was completely different than her usual self as whenever he even just glanced at her she always looked away though he was able to even a bit awkwardly from her give the bento back. Eventually another day of school ended as he packed up his things wondering if course about Sakura but already seeing that she was gone, running out completely as well and leaving him alone.

Sakura continued with this until Friday. She didn't ignore him, they still ate lunch together, but she didn't really talk much anymore, and when she did it was mostly just mumbling, blushing and at times changing subjects. Especially if he asked her if anything was wrong. Aside from lunch things were really awkward, she just went straight home after school without saying anything as well.

Riku saw it even harder over just the second week to even talk to her much anymore as of course with that always nervous look on her face she was avoiding those simple questions of why she always so soon when he was there with her. He couldn’t see that he did do anything wrong that he knew of and there was nothing that really told him that she didn’t have any problems with her parents, so why was she embarrassed? Did she weirdly have a crush already all this time and saw a boy somewhere in the crowd that he didn’t see? Riku was just left completely confused not really knowing what to do at all right now. With a sigh another day ended and a new day began and ended the same, hitting the weekend again as he didn’t really make plans with her to do anything really as all she did was run from him so soon.

Over the weekend Sakura didn't really contact Riku..... Granted the fact they hadn't actually exchanged phone numbers or emails could've had something to do with this, so the weekend passed by and school began once again. This time Sakura seemed a little calmer sitting in her desk.

It seemed so weird for her to mostly start avoiding everything he said to her but knowing of course she didn't hate him it was just really weird why she was acting like that. He would decide then that riku really needed an answer already to why this was happening. After he got dressed for the day and walked to school, he finally entered the classroom seeing the girl again with the manga and casual look on her face before he sat down and looked over at her. " sakura...can we talk a bit after class?" Asking as he leaned back wondering if she would dodge it or not.

"Uhm.... Y-yes. Of course we can talk. You know where to find me... right here.... Which is obvious... Cause i'm sitting here"
She blushed and hid her face in her manga, at least until class started, where she was back to being calm. After class ended the class representative spoke up.
Rep-Uh, Sakura-san? Sensei wants you to take some stuff to the staff room.
"Yes... Sorry Riku-kun, we'll have to talk, uhm, later"
She bowed and left to take the papers.

"Jeez...its obvious she had to be hiding something..." saying with a sigh as he felt a bit frustrated now that he didn't do it sooner when he noticed it. Riku got up and packed his things, giving a stretch as he left but deciding to explore the school a bit to find the office and even decide to wait for her to be done instead of having n to wait the next day.

Sakura stepped out of the staff office and then bumped into Riku, literally.
"Oh. Sorr-"
She looked up and froze, taking a step back and putting her back against the wall.
"......hello.... What brings you here?"

" jeez you forgot that I wanted to talk you about something..." flicking her softly on the head and crossing his arms. " you should probably know what I'm wanting to talk about..." as walked out seeing if she would follow or if he would even have to drag her out.

"..... I didn't forget"
She slowly followed him.
"I don't know what you want to talk about... I'm not a mind reader or anything. I read a manga about psychic powers a few days ago. It was really interesting"
There she went changing the subject again. While she had her monotone, she was still speaking awkwardly, walking a few steps behind him.

as they got outside and found a place deciding to use their lunch spot again, riku stopped and turned to her. " is there something you've been trying to hide behind that cute blushing face of yours? cause its kind of not hard to really tell theres something that you have to want to tell me.' Turning to face her riku put his hands on both of her shoulders and looked at her eye to eye, " I can help if something seems to be bothering you..' pausing for a moment, " unless....' turning to look over at the keychain again before walking closer and wrapping an arm around her, a hand gently under her chin as he tilted it up to look at him. "unless its because of the keychain that your like this..' Even blushing a bit himself at the stupid idea that she had any love interest in him.

"Eh? I'm not hiding any, wait i'm not blu-cute face?"
She started blushing immediately, especially when he grabbed her shoulders and locked his eyes to hers.
"Nothing is bothering me, you're just imagining thi~iiiiiiiiieeek"
She stiffened when he put an arm around her, then got beet red when he put his hand under her chin.
"k-k-k-k-k-k-key chain? That's weird... It's hot out here, maybe we should uh, or not like we but we both differently but at the same time"
She just trailed off into senseless mumbling as her face and ears reddened the longer she was made to look him in the eyes She tried to look away, but since he still had hold of her all that ended up happening was her eyes started moving erratically.

Back
Top Bottom