Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Romance (Haku and Wiki234)

The game raged on for a good length of time, people being eliminated on both sides. Eventually though the girls started outnumbering the boys.
Boy-How are they getting so many of us out?
Boy2-Like half the throws i've seen them do miss. It doesn't make any sense.
Another boy got hit and just like that it was down to the last 5 guys and about 8 girls. The last boys fought hard though, however aside from Riku only one guy remained, where there were still 3 girls left. Strangely, Riku didn't see Sakura either in game or getting eliminated the entire match. She may have just ran away from class early on.
Boy-I'm not going down alone! Let's take as many of them with us as we can Riku-san!
Girl-Good luck! There's no way you're beating us.
One girl threw a ball at him, which he avoided, picking up one that was by his feet and throwing it at the girl that tried to hit him, getting her in the leg. Then the girl that taunted him threw a ball at him, and he managed to just barely jump away, having to bend his midsection to avoid it. Then the girl smirked and as if on que, the much smaller Sakura stepped out from behind the girl, holding a ball in one hand, which she threw, not even that hard, at the boy, hitting his hip and getting him out, leaving Riku alone against 2, or as it turned out actually 3 girls. Suddenly all those mysterious outs made sense. Sakura stood behind the other girls, using her lack of presence and small stature to her advantage, effectively giving some girls an extra "ghost" shot to out more boys. Sakura asked to have the ball the 3rd girl was holding, then walked right up to the boundary line for the teams.

Riku just did his own thing, but importantly keeping an eye on the good players and their formations, as well as the common strategies they used to get most of the boys out but now it was just a matter of angle and prediction to him as he knew what to look for or how to fake them out even just a bit. Crossing his arms for a moment he picked up a ball and threw it, deciding to miss on purpose or have an angle for the girl to catch before hitting her and getting her out before the actual hand caught the ball. With that he picked up another ball and stood back as it was much easier to predict now any possible shots as well as any openings for his odd angles or his double combo of intentional misses then outs. “ jeez you guys are really surprised?” Rolling his eyes as with all the space and less focus on so many at once, it was going to be a very much harder time to even try to hit him.

Sakura merely tossed the ball at him, a gentle underhand throw with both hands, as if she were just passing it to him.
Her teammates were surprised at this action, but so far they didn't start pelting him with balls.

As she moved in to give a ball to his side, he quickly made a move to hit one of the girls that wasn’t paying attention and take them down to a two on one now as he quickly picked up a ball to block. Giving a quick stretch he stood back again to go for a dodge if he needed it as the game was even closer for all of them now. He could not really care that she did that and could have even went for her at the moment but knowing that she didn’t have independent skill as she was using everyone else before waiting for another ball and trying to do his double shot technique of hitting someone quickly while they tried to catch the other ball.

Sakura just tilted her head at his reaction. Then the boys as well as the girls in the bleachers started shouting at him. They repeated things like calling him a try hard, saying it was a "dick move" using her show of kindness as a distraction, telling Sakura to nail him good and even a few people shouting at him to just lose gracefully. Sakura looked at the bleachers, at the people shouting at him, then looked back at Riku to see what he'd do. The only person that wasn't booing or shouting was Hirose, who just kinda looked away awkwardly. He wasn't mean enough to say anything, but clearly he couldn't disagree with them either.
Teacher-Hey hey! Calm down, all of you!
While the male teacher was trying to calm the kids down, the last remaining girl kicked up a ball at her feet, juggling it like a soccer ball and then kicking it HARD, right into his gut. This girl was certainly on the soccer team, and probably a prized member, cause this ball went WAY too fast to avoid, and hit too hard for him to catch, since it knocked the wind right out of him. Even the teacher winced hearing and seeing that.
Teacher-that was excessive Takeda!
Female teacher-but, technically it's not against the rules to do that. Out. Girls win.
After that nobody was really cheering at winning, and the boys didn't care at all that they lost, they were just laughing at Riku. Except Sakura, who walked over to him and crouched down.
"Are you ok, Riku-san?"

“ jeez everyone can seriously screw the hell off...” rolling his eyes as they weren’t even his friends to begin with so there was no point to be hurt or care about what they said. And besides logically it wasn’t like the other two were doing anything nice at all and the fact that he could have hit Sakura just as easily but went for the others was a smart and not an unfair or dick thing to do. Riku decoded then try and block the ball with his own, but of course with that much force it was easy to knock the ball out of his hand and still have enough speed to hit him back hard as he fell back struggling to turn himself on his stomach and try to get up but of course failing. “ not at the moment...and that was actually a dick move to kick it than throw it...” giving a few slow coughs as he tried to crawl a few inches with heavy breathes but not really moving. Chuckling weakly he put a hand on his stomach as he started again, “not like they were my goddamn friends anyway...” before closing his eyes and laying on the floor with his arms on either sides in front of him as he couldn’t really move at all.

Sakura squatted in front of him and tried to help by patting him.
"You'll be ok. Sensei, i think he should go to the nurses office"
Teacher-yeah, go ahead and take him. Yuushin, help her out.
Hirose-uh, yes.
He came down and the two of them got Riku onto his back, then they walked to the nurse's office. The nurse wasn't there so they just laid him on the bed.
"Thank you Hirose-san. I'll stay with him. You can get back"
Hirose-right. Feel better Riku-san.
He dashed out of the room and back to the gym. Sakura sat next to his bedside.

He awkwardly got up and started falling them seeing as he would at least think they would do something like at least an arm around their shoulders to help him walk a little straighter as at times he lost his balance as he held his stomach or tripped on himself a bit. “ jeez...” soon they made it as he got on still holding his stomach but now with both hands as he felt the pain again and just laid there quietly not knowing or having anything to really say.

"That was Irina Takeda. She's captain of the soccer team.... You're really competitive Riku-san."
She tried to comfort him by slowly stroking his hair as she spoke.
"I tried to let you out me by catching my throw. It was just a friendly game so i wanted to let you have a point."

“ I was even thinking of just throwing the ball to hit you instead of her, but I didn’t really need to because of course they were more scarier it’s better not to be stuck with them...”seeing he was mostly right in taking one of the other girls out. Giving a cough he slowly pulled himself up a bit as he would decide then to even just try and forget it then and get a bit better now with his stomach. “ but whatever screw it then...” laying back and wondering what she would even do and if she would eventually leave or even stay him the whole time.

“ I wasn’t even thinking of being competitive, I suck at this game and the game wasn’t over so screw it and I did that. I mean I didnt really I mean if all of you started to throw balls eventually I would lose and that’s it...” seeing as he wouldn’t care either and that it didn’t make him someone who seeemd like they wanted to win. “ it’s basic strategy, not my fault they were distracted so I took them out. And just the fact too that I was complaining about the pain and NOT the losing..I’m not gonna go down that damn easily...”

“ and people don’t play the game just to get out so easily, your supposed to make it really hard for people to hit you that’s the point, and my stomach still hurts...I mean just look at you, your taking mostly unfair shots at people by staying hidden and waiting so it’s not even that different...” now crossing his arms as he gives another cough.

"All i did was stand behind my teammates and throw a ball. I don't think most of my own team noticed me until the end. It's not like we planned anything, i just didn't want to be hit, since i'm so small, so i hid behind bigger people. I still wanted to play though, so i had to throw the ball sometimes. I was just having fun. I didn't care about winning...... I just liked being on a team for once. Being useful."

“ and I cared for not being hit and it worked...” giving a shrug as he stood up and stretched a bit before finally standing up. “ well I feel a bit better now, the class should be ending so we have to go back...” still holding his stomach again as he slowly walked for the door and opened it so they could both walk back together now.

"Alright"
She followed him, walking beside him as they went back to class. The class was just about over by the time they got back, so they went right into the locker rooms to get changed. Then they both came out at about the same time.
"Riku-san. After school, do you think you'd be ok with coming to my house for dinner?"

“ well I guess don’t really mind but of course what about your parents and stuff just having someone like me?” Of course not being stupid to not ask a simple question of caution as he also doubted that she told her parents that she made finally made a friend and that it was boy and specifically it was a boy named Riku. “ well then I will but I would rather wait outside while you go in and check first unless their not home...never done this before so I’m being cautious as hell...” pulling the backpack against him a bit before walking out with her outside and finally out of the school itself.

"Actually my mother is the one who wants to meet you. She wondered how i managed to take care of all that shopping myself and i said a friend helped me..... She wouldn't stop asking questions, then she wanted to meet you. She can be a little overbearing, but she's a great mother, so just brace yourself. She's the one who helps me make my lunches every day, so she's great at cooking. Sorry about this being so sudden. We can go to my house together after school."
She heads to their next class.

" well of course I would be mind of curious who the friend would be anyway too." Not really worrying anyway too much about it. " well then that's fine I guess if she really wants to I don't really mind. Soon the class starts again and eventually ended with their second day mostly the same as the first day but hopefully things would move a little faster now and he could really get the start of the crazy experiences he would have now and especially with his now new friend he slowly hangs out with now and hopefully more and more so they could get to a long time friendship and eventually even give him a small chance to confess to her.

After school Sakura waits for Riku, then they leave together. When she stopped at her shoe locker, she found another love letter inside. She swapped her shoes out and then tore the letter in two before throwing it away. Then they finally left for her house. Sakura's house is pretty close by, that's probably why she got to school so early every day, and her house was quite nice. It wasn't extremely large, but it was nicely sized, two stories tall with a very clean look. She opened the front door and took her shoes off.
"I'm home Mama"
Mother-Welcome back sweetie.

She poked her head out from around a corner and saw Riku. She stepped out.
Mother-oh! So this is the nice boy that helped you yesterday? Nice to meet you, i'm Sakura's mother. It's a pleasure to meet you.
https://candimere.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/anime-cooking1.jpg

Soon he followed her out, of course doing the same as he looked awkwardly to see her tear a letter with a heart shape on it. Well that was akwardly kind of surprising, seeing that no one had really even succeeded since it was probably a bunch of stupid guys that thought she was too easy to win over with a love letter though he was already thinking about doing the same like any other guy would, but only doing it after they were friends for a bit instead of just sending it and hiding like that.

Eventually they headed out of the school completely and toward the house, taking his shoes off and taking the surroundings around him as he took a few small steps into the living room. " y-yeah same! Nice to meet you too..." giving a bow as he continued to look around for the moment before sitting down on the couch

Mother-Such a polite boy too. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable. I'll get you both some snacks.
She went into the kitchen and brought out some snacks as well as tea for both of them. Sakura sat next to Riku and started munching on one of the rice crackers and sipping her tea.
Mother-So how did you two become friends?
"We sit next to each other in class"

Sitting with her he at least relaxed a bit and calmed down so he wasn’t overly cautious, leaning forward a bit with his elbows on his knees sitting and his arms held under his chin a casual position. “ yeah, kind of new to the school and stuff and well...I kinda forced myself to try and talk to her. I didn’t really have friends before or anything and I would at least try to see if I could make some at least on the first day of starting high school..” giving her an explanation of what exactly happened. “ she was reading a manga and that means she likes anime, so I was comfortable knowing that and that made it a bit easier to talk to her so nothing really special but I’m glad that it worked though...and I’m happy that we’re friends now, so I can even help her whenever at school when she needs it.” Explaining most of his intentions as he leaned in a bit more to take of the crackers and eat it. “ and like she told you, I was the one who helped out with the shopping and I wouldn’t mind doing it again..”

Mother-oh my, such a gentleman too. You probably knew this, but Sakura hasn't had too much luck making friends either.... Didn't you go out with some friends last year though?

"We weren't really friends. Just a few girls from my class that invited me to karaoke.... I think they hated my singing though."

Mother-They must've had no taste then. Oh, and Sakura, your father is coming home for dinner today.

"Really? He hasn't been home for dinner in a while. I hope he's not too tired"
They snacked for a bit as Sakura's mother got dinner ready.

Back
Top Bottom