Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Romance (Haku and Wiki234)

" well being with other people but I have never really had that until now I guess where I mostly forced myself to try. But I'm just your regular nerd who likes games and music and other stuff, nothing really special." Replying as he sat up a bit. " I'm good at running but I don't really do it unless running away or in class. Was the track team even there to watch people run? And I was thinking they would have to be having try puts anyway unless yes they were watching."

"They'll find out about you. Some new guy almost beats Hirose-san in a sprint? They'll be after you for sure. So you like games huh? Me too. I've mostly got single player games, but i've got a few fighting games and 2 or 3 shooters too. We should play some time."
She put the bento down and took out a bottle of water and took a drink.

" yeah we could do that then on the weekends maybe if you want." Son he stopped eating as well as he stood up and walked around a bit as it was hard to really stand up and move for a bit because of the hard wall they were leaning back against which was not really that comfortable at all. " well if we're done then we should go then..." putting a hand in his pocket and another toward her so he could pull her up to stand. " I'm still doubting they would be after me after seeing that I seriously bet it."

She nodded and put her things away, then took his hand and stood up.
"The weekend is a good time. We can make a plan later. We need to get back to close for now though. Thanks for helping me finish my lunch"
Lunch ended and they returned to their class, this time it was english. This class was pretty uneventful, and in seemingly no time the rest of the day slipped by, and before anyone knew it, the first day of school was over.

" do you always make a huge lunch? I know you don't mind at all but still it feels weird sharing like that. I've never seen or really done that before actually but I guess if it's a weird thing you need help with then I can..." giving another chuckle as he turned to follow her back to the class and sit down again with this class finally being the end until they could go home now. Eventually the class started and ended like usual, picking up his things and leaning back to stretch but taking his time as he wanted to see whether she was just gonna go home or rush out somewhere just so he could even offer to walk with her.

After class ended Sakura took out a smart phone, quite a nice looking one at that. She checked something on it, typed something, then put it away and turned to Riku.
"Riku-san, if it's not too much trouble for you, do you mind helping me with some shopping? I'll buy you some ice cream"

“ well I will because you fed me and also the ice cream then, so thanks for that and did you make those? It was really good and I really liked the rice. Well let’s hurry then before it gets to the night...” putting an arm around her shoulder and walking out and down he sidewalk wondering a bit just as an experiment to how she would react if he tried to do something like that again? If she might not have minded it then there was a chance to eventually hold her hand if he asked as a joke and her actually doing it, and maybe when she was even more comfortable like that he could finally move to even asking her out. The

"I don't make my lunches by myself"
She got her stuff and left with Riku, not really reacting to him putting an arm around her shoulder. They walked to a nearby store, then she took out her phone again.
"Ok, this way. We've got a lot of stuff to get"
They went all around the store, getting quite a few things, and by the time they were done Riku was carrying 3 bags of ingredients, with Sakura carrying the fourth, along with her school bag of course.
"That looks heavy. I can carry another bag"

He was a bit surprised though at the same time not. He would have guessed at least for now that since she was alone like him she didn’t mind the interactions at all and that she would even want it like he did or maybe more than him at least when it came to school at least where they were literally right next to each other all day. Soon he followed her around and got whatever she needed before holding onto two bags in one hand and another in the other. “ totally fine, don’t worry about it I’ve done this a few times carrying a lot of stuff in three bags before so I’m fine...” continuing to follow slowly next to her not really thinking about anything right now.

"Hm"
She lead him to a nearby park, then stopped at a bench and put her bags down, running over to a stand, then coming back with an ice cream cone, one for each of them.
"here. I didn't know what you liked, so i just got us both chocolate. We can take a break here"
She held the frozen treat out for him to take after setting the bags down. After taking it she sat down and started licking her own ice cream.
"I come to this place often. It has good ice cream"

“ if you don’t know, always go for chocolate that’s what I would always do unless someone told me something else..” taking it and slowly starting to eat as he put the bags down as well and sat with her to relax. “ this is a good hangout place to anyway if it’s close to the market and most of the other stores. And also just wanna day even though it’s obvious but if you need someone to talk to for your problems I really don’t mind helping out or just listening. It’s really weird also with the fact that I like helping out with things that aren’t boring but I’ve never been able to. Now that we’re friends I’m really excited to at least help you smile a little bit if I can...” leaning in to gently poke her on the arm that wasn’t holding the cone.

"I figured. Everyone likes chocolate."
She paused mid lick after hearing what he said.
"....I don't smile a bit? Hm"
She kept eating her ice cream for a while without talking.
"You're really nice. You're helpful too. Not to mention pretty athletic.....Why do you talk to me?"
Sakura turned her head to look at him.

“ actually I would say that I’m a mirror. I’m really good at taking those feelings and giving them back equally....I mean when I said something and you didn’t just ignore me or say something back I felt like I could be nice again and try even harder to express easier that being nice to you than just stopping completely ignoring after the class began. It gave me a drive at least to try and do a little more. And I mean I feel like we’re the same and I don’t really smile much either...” giving a shrug. I think I’ve grown to be more quiet and mature like you than happy and carefree.” Feeling weird again as he didn’t know if that explanation made sense. “ and mostly I forced myself anyway. If you ignored me after the first sentence then I would mostly do the same...” giving a shrug as he finally finished his own cone after a little while.

".......hm. People have just ignored me most of my life. I thought that was changing in my first year but....nothing changed...... You're the first person to talk to me at school since the start of last year....Well, Hirose-san kinda talks to me, but, he talks to everyone. It's not like we've ever really had a conversation. I'm glad i finally got to make a friend"
She continued eating her ice cream. It was just starting to get dark though.
"Oh. I guess we should get going. My house is close by, so you can go home before you get into trouble or something, i can carry the bags from here"
She finished her ice cream cone and stood up, picking up her school bag and shopping bag.

“ well ok then, first day good?” He asked wondering what she thought about eh first day of the new year for school now, looking over to at least give her a small smile before he would already start to turn and leave her alone before of course they would be seeing each other at school again.

As he walked riku looked up at the night with a sigh, the night would make his next day a good one and hopefully the days after that...riku already had the small secret of liking her more than a friend already but he was fine with everything that had happened for now and being friends with her as well as just being the first day of course. Eventually the two arrived to their homes as the second day of school would start.

With a sigh and a yawn riku got up and changed into his strange new uniform that he wasn't really used to still and probably not for a while then. Eventually he was ready to get to school now and meet up with her again.

Sakura was already at school, sitting at her desk and reading, but this time it was a romance manga. The other students were flooding in and chatting with friends, and predictably Sakura didn't notice when Riku walked in. Or sat down for that matter. She seemed even more focused on this manga than yesterday's.

Finally just arriving, he switched his shoes and walked toward the classroom. Stopping and looking around before seeing the strange girl and her book again as riku walked over and poked her shoulder before sitting down and leaning back wondering what she would do before leaning in and trying to actually read some of it before she noticed.

She didn't notice her shoulder being poked at all. The manga she was reading this time looked like a simple romance manga about two high schoolers. The specific page she was on looked like the boy was about to confess to the girl. However, before she could continue the bell rang and the teacher walked in.
Takeuchi-Alright class. Time to get started, Mikoto-san put the manga down.
Sakura looked up and then back down at her manga, glancing between the two before finally giving in and putting it away. She put her hands on her chin and actually looked bummed out about it. Her expression didn't really change much though.

Looking a bit and managing to somewhat know what was happening on the page he sighed. Always the struggle of already having someone that he liked but just the idea and the timing didn’t work at all right now for him. It was cool that he mostly met someone like him and that it seemed that they were already mostly best friends, but for now he would decide to wait a bit instead of asking right now already feeling nervous of how he would even try to do that. Finally as the teacher arrived he sighed and leaned back already starting the class now.

The first two classes went about the same as yesterday did. However unlike yesterday when it was time for PE, she didn't get up right away and leave. Instead she got her manga out and kept reading it. She shut everything around her out as she finished the confession scene, then she just grabbed her bag and got up, walking out of the room while still reading. She nearly bumped into about 20 things on her way to the locker rooms. She'd have gone into the men's locker room by mistake if Hirose didn't happen to be going in at the same time, and he noticed where she was going and just, turned her so she walked into the correct room. Based on how smoothly he did it, this probably happened at least a few times before.

Jeez the expectation and the fact of high school dating, if you were going to be prepared for a good lasting relationship with a girl mostly to the rest and the end of high school and maybe even into college, was to get some experience of having a girlfriend somewhere in a guys high school life. But it was even harder for someone like him being a loner but still feeling it eat harder for him to do anything like that. It seemed fine for a bit that they mostly had things in common but there would also be the fact she was one of those agressive girls that didn’t take just anyone and even if he was the only friend she had, Riku still felt like she would have been picky and shot him down so easily if he tried the same thing. For now he would just come up with ideas and mostly just observe for now for any chance he could think of something to do to make a good confession as the class ended and it was off in a routine to the gym or the track again. Riku would still at least try to not think about anything much as he still have to wait instead of making it awkward and asking her out when they haven’t really hung out much at all or know a lot about each other.

Today in PE was dodgeball in the gymnasium. And similar to the previous day, the two classes were again together, however this time it was boys against girls. The area wasn't quite large enough for the entire male and female classes to be against each other, so they split them into two groups, around half the girls playing half the boys at a time. The first half of the boy's team had Riku on it, as well as Hirose. The first girl's team had Sakura on it. The first match started and Hirose was eliminated immediately since he was such a tall, easy target. He laughed it off as he went to sit in the bleachers and the girls apologized to him. Sakura was certainly on this team, but....nobody could actually find her.

Riku gave a stretch as three started to play the odd old game of dodgeball. He had never really played it at all than if he could even remember playing it but it was easy of course to get the rules as the match had already started with him to the mid but more to the back line as he was more for dodging right now than anything and was even able to miss mostly a few close shots by doing a few moves such as laying flat on the floor to avoid a shot and rolling on the ground to avoid another before standing up. Riku’s best way to do anything in the game was dodging so it was either close or mostly tricky for shots to really hit or the fact that it hit would hit someone near him. “ jeez dodging is so easy...” picking up a ball to use as a shield to deflect but also try to hit a few who had just thrown their ball and had no time to react. .

Back
Top Bottom