Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Romance (Haku and Wiki234)

Keeping quiet, Riku mostly observed since it wasn’t really hard to guess anyway that she didn’t relaly have much either since she was overly excited when he managed to actually be friends with her and the fact that the only thing she did was read to have at least something to do in the class than being forced to try and make friends which is something he would have done but forced himself to do. “ well it’s cool and I’m really happy that it managed to work, now that we’re frineds I care about her in school and don’t mind helping whenever I can...” seeing it as nothing special at all to talk about for the moment as he sat up and waited for dinner now. “ maybe we can do a study thing here or something if you want if school doesn’t really work. Is there anything you might wanna do on the weekend? We could hang out a bit too if you want and your not really busy.”

"It's ok to relax Riku-san. Mama isn't going to bite your head off."
They relaxed for a while longer, then the food was ready and shortly after they sat at the table, someone opened the front door, and a man wearing a police uniform walks in.
http://honya-ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/snake-eastern-europe-costume.png

Man-I'm home dear.
He walks into the kitchen.
Man-Hey Sakura. Sayaka. Hm? Who's this kid?

Sayaka-Welcome home dear. This is Riku, Sakura's new friend from school.

"Riku, this is my dad."

Dad-Name's Kazui Mikoto. Nice to see my daughter finally made a friend.

As the food finally came he followed her to the kitchen and sat down, taking a seat again as he heard the door and sighed to calm down as he knew it had to be her father. “ names Riku, we’re in the same classes and it’s nice to meet you Mr. Mikoto” deciding to be a bit formal until he would let him just be called by his first name. Luckily Riku wasn’t nervous at all, but he was careful not to act too causal or too formal at the same since no one minded he was there anyway. “ Sakura told me that I should come for dinner and I didn’t mind it so I came..” deciding to explain a bit why he was there at least to make him aware that it was Sakura herself who invited him and not himself.

Sayaka-I told you about him last night, remember dear?

Kazui-Did you? Guess i was so exhausted it just kinda went into one ear and out the other. Sorry.

Sayaka-You really work too hard sometimes.

Kazui-So what's for dinner?

Sayaka-I made your favorite curry. Since it's been so long since we've all eaten together.

Kazui-Did you now? Well in that case, i think i'll shower AFTER dinner. No way i'm waiting on YOUR curry.
He sat right down at the table, Sayaka kissing him before sitting down as well after serving the curry.

Sayaka-Oh, i hope you like curry Riku-san.

"Even if he doesn't, he'll like yours. Everything you make is delicious"

Sayaka-Awwwww, that's so sweet Sakura.

“ never really tried it...” he admitted as he sat up a bit and slowly started to eat. It was a bit awkward for him to be able to do something like this, since he was just in such a new place other than the mostly still new school and his own house but like before it didn’t really worry him at all. Riku enjoyed the unexpected but normal night of dinner with his new friend and interestingly at least it was good to be able to make himself somewhat familiar with the house sooner or later and to help with the fact that he would have to meet her parents sooner or later anyway as well. Eventually the food was gone as he finished, “ thanks a lot for having me and meeting you...” he started, continuing to take in the surroundings around him and get used to it quicker.

Sayaka-I'm glad you enjoyed my cooking. You're welcome to drop by any time.

Kazui-Or maybe come by take Sakura somewhere other than the house or school? Cause someone here doesn't get out enough.
Sakura blushed and looked away embarrassed.

Sayaka-What a good idea. Maybe you two should go see a movie? Or you could go to Land. That park is so fun. Me and your father went there when we were dating and rode the farris wheel at sunset. Ahh, it was so romantic.

"Mama. Please stop"
Sakura was blushing a lot more now. It seemed this was actually really pushing her buttons, being basically told to go on a date with her first friend, right in front of him.

“ I wouldn’t mind doing that for you since you invited me to dinner.” Not minding the idea of hanging out with her more out of school if Sakura personally wanted but also helping her father out by mostly forcing her to do something other than staying at home all the time like he said. Sitting up with a sigh and now a sudden blush as well like Sakura thinking the same thing that her mother seemed to encourage the idea of them dating so quickly like that after being friends for such a short time and admittedly not needing to know that random kind of personal information that her parents met at the same amusement park and the specific and cliche idea of a sunset Ferris wheel having them fall in love and marry. Quickly he composed his embarrassed red face before anyone could really notice as he stood up with a stretch, “ thanks a lot for inviting me, and I’ll maybe have to taste everything she can cook if it’s as good as this. Well I guess I’ll go then so I’ll see you...” as Riku turned and started to walkfor the door after getting his backpack.

Sayaka-Why? Did i say something?

Kazui-Don't worry about it dear.
After Riku got up to leave Sakura followed to walk him out.

Sayaka-Leaving so soon? Why don't you-

"Mama, he needs to go home. It's a school night after all."

Sayaka-Oh all right. Be sure to come by again, i'll be sure to cook something new.
Sakura walked him outside.

".....Sorry about what Mama was saying... She can be embarrassing sometimes.... Seeing a movie with you does sound fun though. Usually if there's a movie i want to see i just go by myself."

“ I know it was just a weird joke, so it’s fine...” putting his hands in his jacket pocket as he walked out then turned to face her so they could talk for a moment. “ yeah I would have done the same, I’m like you until this happened...don’t know if I told you but I forced myself a bit to try to make a friend in class but I don’t hate it at all. Of course I would have asked the same, maybe on the weekend we can go out and walk to theater or a mall with a theater so we can watch something together, I think it would be fun too..well see you in class friend...” giving another friendly smile and holding his fist out like before, bringing back the exact gesture of how they started to become friends in the first place other than their small talk in class before eventually turning and leaving to go back home for the night and for another school day tomorrow.

Sakura gave another little smile to break her stoicism as she tapped her comparatively tiny fist against his.
"See you tomorrow"
She waved until he was out of sight and then went back inside.

The next day at school was rather bland compared to the previous two days. Sakura had another new manga, this time in PE the boys were just doing laps while the girls where in the gym, likely playing volleyball or something of the sort. At lunch they again shared Sakura's bento and talked about a few subjects, mostly anime this time. Then after school ended they simply went home. Thursday and friday were pretty much the same with few deviations. However on friday they actually made proper plans for saturday. They decided to see a movie Sakura found, which started around noon. The theater was located in an area with a large number of shops, so they decided to get there a little early just to look around a bit.

Saturday came and it was about 10 in the morning, Sakura just finished getting ready to leave, or rather her mother finished getting her ready, and was just waiting for Riku to arrive. This would actually be the first time he'd see Sakura wearing casual clothes.

And so the excitement of school would mostly die down finally as people got used to everything about it already after the first one or two weeks at least. Now with the same boring routine of meeting for their classes and doing homework and everything else, it had turned into the two of them meeting up before and after school since now it was oddly lucky that they were friends and had shared classes now. In PE, it was mostly easy running which he didn’t care about as he had managed to get the first four laps that he had in at least five minutes which still had him with plenty of energy to do whatever else they needed. Finally with the first weekend slowly coming up, it was their first time as well meeting completely out of class even if it was mostly only just a guaranteed once for this particular weekend being Saturday.

After getting a text to come over and actually do what they planned, Riku quickly got changed and started his walk to her house as an eventual knock sounded through the door and into the hall as he waited for her to come and meet him so they could go. As she came out, Riku moved his head up and down to take in her new appearance for a moment before of course saying that she looked nice before they both started to head down to explore the shops now.

Sakura's mother actually opened the door.
Sayaka-Good morning Riku-san. You look handsome. Sakura. Riku-san is here.
Sakura comes out from the living room, dressed in a simple, but cute outfit (https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=27216221)

"Good morning Riku-san. I'm ready to go. I'll be back later Mama"

Sayaka-Don't worry about it, just be back before dark sweetie. Or at least call ahead. Bye
She closed the door as soon as Sakura was outside.

"........Well, i guess we should go then."
They walked to the train station, then took a quick train ride and then it was just a few minutes walking to get to the theater area.
"This place is as busy as ever. We should stay near each other to avoid getting lost"

After greeting the two and starting the trip, finally arrived early as they both had planned seeing that it would be the first time for both of them to be in such a public and busy place like this together outside o school. Giving a nod as he understood, he turned to tell her to pick whatever shop she wanted to see and then follow next to her for a little bit before they would move to s few more shops and eventually walk together to the actual theater but still having a good few minutes to relax as the movie would start. “ any place then you would want to sit? I would mostly go for middle or slightly to the top but still the middle seats, always the best.” Wondering though if that was exactly what she did or she liked a different place to sit for movies. Getting the tickets and the snacks, Riku slowly followed with her to whatever seat before sitting down and leaning back as it was still commercials on the screen for now but knowing that they made it on time at least.

"I always sat in the middle too. Being so close to the front makes it harder to see the entire screen and i never understood why people would want to sit all the way in the back. Luckily there's plenty of seats to choose from."
They went to some open seats in the middle of the theater and got settled. Finally the movie started, and for the first half our it seemed like a quiet romance movie hinting at some drama. But then it rather suddenly became a horror movie when one of the characters was stabbed to death. At that scene most of the people in the theater shrieked, and Sakura was no exception. In her case she let out a short yelp and hid her face in Riku's shoulder, her hands lightly squeezing his arm.

Riku sat down with her and leaned back, letting his hands just rest on his lap as e relaxed before the movie started. Though luckily the first scene of the actual killing got hima small but quick flinch as he was a bit scared as well but much better than Sakura seemed to be as he personally wasn’t into scary movies either but sometimes it was just one of those scary scenes that makes the predictability and the that exact scene mostly less scary to him and not a big of a scared reaction. Glancing over with a slight blush he saw the brief look on her face before his arm covered, it was of course many guys dream to have a cute girl even just hold them like that for a few seconds which also the fact that he already kind of liked her was something that made him quietly happy for the moment as he calmed down once the scene past and they both continued to watch the movie.

One thing became very apparent as the movie went on, Sakura was a complete scaredy cat. Every remotely scary scene evoked a reaction from her, and she let out a yelp every time. At first she just hid her face in Riku's arm, but as the movie progressed she was blatantly putting her arms around Riku's chest, squeezing him as she again used him to hide her face. Eventually of course the movie ended, but even as they were leaving the theater Sakura still wouldn't let go of Riku.

For most of the other scenes, it was the same small flinches but otherwise not scared reactions he had compared to her ever increasing ones. With a sigh the movie ended as he looked back to her with no one knows how many times she had done that as he tried to move wondering if he did it was easy for her to let go but having the opposite effect instead with being stuck there with her. Riku started to help her up and started to walk even slowly as mostly all her light weight was against him, his arm still being held as they walked out maybe even attracting a few awkward stares from most other people as he wondered what to even do.

"uuuuuh, that wasn't a romance movie. Stupid website. Sorry, i can't handle that stuff at all..... Can we sit down somewhere?"
They found a bench nearby and sat down so Sakura could calm down, and she finally let his arm go. Close to the bench was a vending machine that sold different flavors of juice, which would probably help Sakura to relax easier.

He was now a bit confused on why her real intention was completely a romance movie, was her mom somehow involved with something like that? Or could it have oddly been that she was just idle imagining about putting herself in a situation where she actually got together with someone like a hidden fantasy in her head? Soon they sat down anyway as he looked around seeing some of the shops that were mostly close to them and a few spots of vending machines as well being common. “ guess we could maybe walk a bit and get a drink once your better...” he suggested as he sat with he rusing his phone as Riku waited.

"Nn. Thank you"
They stood up and walked for a while, then Sakura got some juice and sat down to drink it.
"Sorry to be such a bother. I just really can't handle scary things. You probably got annoyed with me bothering you during the entire movie."

“ no it’s fine, I don’t reqlly like scary movies anyway and I mean if I didn’t like it I wouldn’t have let you do it again anyway so I’m fine with it, you didn’t do anything wrong. You could hold my arm just because you want to...” offering a slight tease at the end before putting his hand in his pockets and walking with her again.

"Thank you"
After a little bit of time she calmed down fully and they decided to look at a few little stores, mostly just window shopping. They looked at stores that sold clothes, appliances, knick knacks and even jewelry. At one store Sakura looked for quite a while at a keychain of a cute cat (http://pre03.deviantart.net/6e6b/th/pre/f/2016/169/a/b/d_va_logo_by_dekodere-da6q2on.png)
She ended up putting it back, but it was pretty obvious she wanted it.

As they walked and pass a few stores, luckily he brought some money on the side of course to buy something if he ever did find anything but nothing really much as they headed into another store and inside to see if there was anything even good but for him there was no luck compared to hers. Walking around and eventually finding her, riku stopped a few feet to watch for a moment then walk over to get her so they could leave but stopping at the entrance. “ hold on, just stay here forgot to actually check something inside...” as of course it was just a trick so he could use that observation as a stupid advantage and actually buy the keychain she wanted but hiding it in his pocket instead of putting it in a bag after he had paid. Again they were off as they slowly walked back toward the house now.

She followed after him as they were about to leave, then paused when he said he told her to wait while he took care of something.
"Hm? Ok."
She just leaned against a wall while she waited for him, then he returned and she walked beside him as they went to catch their train. By this point the sun was getting close to setting, but it still wasn't dark yet.
"Did you finish checking that thing?"

“ yeah I’m fine...just thought I could buy something...” giving a shrug as of course he didn’t from what she didn’t know for now. “ did you want to get something from there though?” As he decided to act casual for now until they actually got to the house, finally leaving the train and walking down the street for a little while before finally arriving at the door and standing there with her.

Back
Top Bottom